Zone1 Reasons to Believe Jesus is Returning soon

Revelation 22:10 says,

The one allegedly written by a mad monk living alone on an island .

Let's have serious discussion points if you want to support the Essene Monk who became elevated in position by people who disobeyed his wishes -- no formal religion , he said .

Let's have serious discussion points if you want to support the Essene Monk who became elevated in position by people who disobeyed his wishes -- no formal religion , he said .

I don't know what you're talking about. The author is from Disciples of Christ. They were founded in 1832.. right after Darby invented Dispensationism, Dominionism and the Rapture.

No formal religion, he said. Because, well, you know . . . no temple. Mad monk indeed.

Revelation 22:10 says, "And he said to me, 'Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near'". In this verse, John is told not to seal the words of the prophecy of Revelation because the time is near, and no events need to occur. Revelation 22:6–13 focuses on Jesus' return and marks the end of John's visions of the future. It includes several commands and messages from Jesus Christ, including a warning not to manipulate the words of this message.

Revelation is bookended with explicit statements that these prophecies “must soon take place” and that the words should not be sealed up precisely because “the time is near.”
Revelation 22:10
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The reason this prophesy is said to be "at hand" is because some of the prophesies did start soon after the prophesy was given. For example Revelation 6 tells us of the Book that was sealed with seven seals and then proceeds to open each of the seven seals. I believe each of the seals represents each of the seven thousand years of this earth's temporal existence. My personal view is that Jesus came toward the end of the 4th seal and the apostles were killed in the beginning of the 5th seal. Thus some of what was contained in the Book of Revelation was "at hand". However, it does continue into the 6th and 7th seals revealing what would also occur in the end times.

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The reason this prophesy is said to be "at hand" is because some of the prophesies did start soon after the prophesy was given. For example Revelation 6 tells us of the Book that was sealed with seven seals and then proceeds to open each of the seven seals. I believe each of the seals represents each of the seven thousand years of this earth's temporal existence. My personal view is that Jesus came toward the end of the 4th seal and the apostles were killed in the beginning of the 5th seal. Thus some of what was contained in the Book of Revelation was "at hand". However, it does continue into the 6th and 7th seals revealing what would also occur in the end times.

You know God's reasons?

So you're talking 49,000 years.

So you're talking 49,000 years.
No. What I am saying is that the earth's temporal existence is 7000 years. Each of the 7 seals in John's Revelation represent each of the 1000 year periods of this earth's temporal existence. Thus the 1st seal represents the first thousand years, the 2nd seal represents the second thousand years, the 3rd seal represents the third thousand years and so on to the 7th. John was likely born during the end of the 4th seal and wrote his revelation in the beginning of the 5th seal. Thus the prophesies of the 5th seal were at hand and he was also given the prophesies of the 6th and 7th seals. All the seals combined from the time of Adam to the end of Christ's millennial reign is a total of 7000 years.

No. What I am saying is that the earth's temporal existence is 7000 years. Each of the 7 seals in John's Revelation represent each of the 1000 year periods of this earth's temporal existence. Thus the 1st seal represents the first thousand years, the 2nd seal represents the second thousand years, the 3rd seal represents the third thousand years and so on to the 7th. John was likely born during the end of the 4th seal and wrote his revelation in the beginning of the 5th seal. Thus the prophesies of the 5th seal were at hand and he was also given the prophesies of the 6th and 7th seals. All the seals combined from the time of Adam to the end of Christ's millennial reign is a total of 7000 years.

Jesus said don't seal the prophecy because the time is at hand.

John of Patmos said "your brother in tribulation"..

Who exactly are your prophets?

John of Patmos said "your brother in tribulation"..

Who exactly are your prophets?
And what exactly does that mean to you? Jesus Christ restored his true church to the earth in 1830 through the prophet Joseph Smith. There have again been prophets on the earth ever since. If you want to read some of the interpretations of the Book of Revelation from the Prophet Joseph Smith check out the following: Doctrine and Covenant 77

And what exactly does that mean to you? Jesus Christ restored his true church to the earth in 1830 through the prophet Joseph Smith. There have again been prophets on the earth ever since. If you want to read some of the interpretations of the Book of Revelation from the Prophet Joseph Smith check out the following: Doctrine and Covenant 77

You actually believe in Joseph Smith? You dismiss the Bible and Revelation in favor of Joseph Smith?

and that's what led to the destruction of judaism's temple ... certainly makes sense, the true events of the 1st century and for a lucky guess.

and that's what led to the destruction of judaism's temple ... certainly makes sense, the true events of the 1st century and for a lucky guess.

The various Jewish factions were fighting each other and the Romans. You knew the outcome would be disastrous.. didn't take a prophet to figure that out.

A bit of trivia: Herod's granddaughter Queen Bernice was the mistress of Titus.

Most Christian denominations do not subscribe to rapture theology and have a different interpretation of the aerial gathering described in 1 Thessalonians 4. They do not use rapture as a specific theological term, nor do they generally subscribe to the premillennial dispensational views associated with its use.

You actually believe in Joseph Smith? You dismiss the Bible and Revelation in favor of Joseph Smith?
Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God and through him Jesus Christ restored the true church again upon the face of the earth. The Revelation to John is a true prophecy and we do not dismiss it but we have been given greater knowledge regarding the all important prophecy concerning our earth and the events that will take place. Surada, you should take a look at yourself in regard to the prophesies of that book. The Book of Revelation prophesies of the second coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven where all will see his coming and that he will then reign as king over all the earth for a 1000 years. This has not yet occurred and your preterist views are a mistake. You need to come to grips with that.

Last edited:
Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God and through him Jesus Christ restored the true church again upon the face of the earth. The Revelation to John is a true prophecy and we do not dismiss it but we have been given greater knowledge regarding the all important prophecy concerning our earth and the events that will take place. Surada, you should take a look at yourself in regard to the prophesies of that book. The Book of Revelation prophesies of the second coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven where all will see his coming and that he will then reign as king over all the earth for a 1000 years. This has not yet occurred and your preterist views are a mistake. You need to come to grips with that.

The Rapture was invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830.. about the time the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons were invented.

The Rapture was invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830.. about the time the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons were invented.
I have no idea about the teachings of one John Nelson Darby. However, it is bible teaching that when the Lord does come at his second coming that many will be caught up into the clouds to meet him and those left behind will suffer the wrath of God and be burned as stubble.

Matthew 24:39-42
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Doctrine and Covenants 109:74-75
74 And be adorned as a bride for that day when thou shalt unveil the heavens, and cause the mountains to flow down at thy presence, and the valleys to be exalted, the rough places made smooth; that thy glory may fill the earth;
75 That when the trump shall sound for the dead, we shall be caught up in the cloud to meet thee, that we may ever be with the Lord;

Doctrine and Covenants 88:96
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

Malachi 4:1-6
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.
4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

When Jesus appears at his second coming, the dead in Christ will rise to meet him and those who are alive on the earth who are not numbered among the wicked will also be caught up in the clouds to meet him. The wicked who remain on the earth will be burned as stubble. This is what the Bible and other revelations have testified to regarding Jesus' second coming.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back