Zone1 Reasons to Believe Jesus is Returning soon

I also am amazed how little many Christians know (or even seem to WANT to know) about their history...
But to study Church history is to study Christ.. to walk with him through that history, where he definitely walked and helped mankind

that's a joke ...

1717807804493.jpeg

they hearken to their days of glory - just around the corner in their daily daydream. fork7.

Let not the false prophets that are among you persuade you, and let not your diviners persuade you, and hearken not to your dreams ...

- as jesus would say.

Jesus established ONE Church... Easy to count, huh? :)

Protestant communities are called by this One Church "ecclesial communities" and are only imperfectly part of THE Church, the original, which is the Catholic Church. If you go back in history to the first century, you will find CATHOLICISM. .. Eucharist, confession to a priest and so on..

So the Church existed for 1521 years until Luther-- apostate Catholic priest who didn't want to maintain priestly celibacy (etc)-- broke with the Church

And it was bad, the Division that ensued... very bad. 500 years later, most Protestants do not have the first clue about Catholicism and so they have all these myths, fostered by their agenda-driven pastors who hate the Catholic Church (competition?).

But still the CC survived.. and I suppose it still survives, but NOT in the same form as before! In 1958, the Vatican was taken over by crooks, anti-Christian people who had their own nefarious reasons for wanting Catholicism to drop dead.

To some, it appears they got what they wanted. And yet, Traditional Catholicism lives on in SSPX Churches and in the Sedvacantist Churches.

I think that this is the final straw for Jesus... the Church being essentially commandeered by anti-Christs. True, a lot of priests are sincerely Catholic, so this takeover is not absolute at all. And yet...

Well, I know more about all this than most or all posters here and there is also EXPERIENCE that informs me.

And so, yeh, I think this latest development in Christ's Church is a CLEAR and unmistakable sign that Jesus just has to come back SOON
THE ONE Church is comprised of those people in whom the Holy Spirit dwells.

You are NOT a member of "the church" because you attend an organization

But you keep repeating this lie. It's the same lie I hear from the Mormons and the JWs

Up to 1517, no issue. In 1567, Pope Pius V made sure there would never be another issue. Is there something more you want the Catholic Church to do regarding this?
I have no issues with the Catholic or any other Christian church. All churches are run by men and are subject to their weaknesses so we should all know their history so it does not repeat itself.

I have no issues with the Catholic or any other Christian church. All churches are run by men and are subject to their weaknesses so we should all know their history so it does not repeat itself.
The Catholic Church knows its history, not to mention how it can be/is being twisted by non-Catholics. That keeps our eyes well exercised. The true problem is those who are focused on the sins of the Catholic Church (or any Church), lose their focus on God and how he is present to raise anyone in the world up when we are at a low.

The Catholic Church knows its history, not to mention how it can be/is being twisted by non-Catholics. That keeps our eyes well exercised. The true problem is those who are focused on the sins of the Catholic Church (or any Church), lose their focus on God and how he is present to raise anyone in the world up when we are at a low.

meri has no focus for the heavens only their 4th century christian bible written by the crucifiers, religion of servitude and denial ...

than taught by jesus in the 1st century - liberation theology, self determination. the repudiation of judaism.

Jesus established ONE Church... Easy to count, huh? :)

Protestant communities are called by this One Church "ecclesial communities" and are only imperfectly part of THE Church, the original, which is the Catholic Church. If you go back in history to the first century, you will find CATHOLICISM. .. Eucharist, confession to a priest and so on..

So the Church existed for 1521 years until Luther-- apostate Catholic priest who didn't want to maintain priestly celibacy (etc)-- broke with the Church

And it was bad, the Division that ensued... very bad. 500 years later, most Protestants do not have the first clue about Catholicism and so they have all these myths, fostered by their agenda-driven pastors who hate the Catholic Church (competition?).

But still the CC survived.. and I suppose it still survives, but NOT in the same form as before! In 1958, the Vatican was taken over by crooks, anti-Christian people who had their own nefarious reasons for wanting Catholicism to drop dead.

To some, it appears they got what they wanted. And yet, Traditional Catholicism lives on in SSPX Churches and in the Sedvacantist Churches.

I think that this is the final straw for Jesus... the Church being essentially commandeered by anti-Christs. True, a lot of priests are sincerely Catholic, so this takeover is not absolute at all. And yet...

Well, I know more about all this than most or all posters here and there is also EXPERIENCE that informs me.

And so, yeh, I think this latest development in Christ's Church is a CLEAR and unmistakable sign that Jesus just has to come back SOON

So, what will you do to Jesus if he comes back.

When he came the first time he was a Jew. He was dark skinned.

You'd have treated him like dirt then and you'd do the same again.

Except that people can't come back. It's physically impossible.

So, what will you do to Jesus if he comes back.

When he came the first time he was a Jew. He was dark skinned.

You'd have treated him like dirt then and you'd do the same again.

Except that people can't come back. It's physically impossible.

1717863947731.png

Why do you accuse me of antagonizing?
This is a key point and it's good you brought it up.

There are many points that you and I may already agree on this and one key point is that we should both agree that it's wrong to antagonize. We do agree that antagonizing is wrong don't we? Next, here is a standard definition of "antagonize". Here is your opening post. Would you be willing to consider the possibility that there are many protestants that would feel your first post was in opposition to their beliefs and after reading it they would feel hostile to you?

This is a key point and it's good you brought it up.

There are many points that you and I may already agree on this and one key point is that we should both agree that it's wrong to antagonize. We do agree that antagonizing is wrong don't we? Next, here is a standard definition of "antagonize". Here is your opening post. Would you be willing to consider the possibility that there are many protestants that would feel your first post was in opposition to their beliefs and after reading it they would feel hostile to you?
I care about Truth

not what others think

The greatest evidence for the return of Jesus Christ is that he taught that he would come again. Jesus, in association with his return, taught that we could know when his return was upon us by the signs of the times. He likened his return to an olive tree and when you see it start to put forth leaves then you know that summer is nigh.

Matthew 24:32-33
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

When we see the fulfillment of the prophesies and signs of the times, then we can know that the time is near. Two great signs that we are told in scripture are that there will be two great prophets who will prophesy in Jerusalem for 3.5 years just prior to the coming of the Lord. The grand sign is that Jerusalem will again be under siege just before Jesus comes and sets his foot upon the Mount of Olives. When those two things occur, you may not have much time to prepare. So what are the other signs in the scriptures that will let us know that the time is drawing near?

Fig tree, not olive trees. Most figs produce two crops per year.

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand

Revelation 22:2 says, "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done".

web.mit.edu

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

(Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand

Revelation 22:2 says, "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done".

web.mit.edu

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

(Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)
In God's terms, "soon" could mean a much larger time frame than what it means to the average person. In Revelation 12 we read:

Revelation 12:12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil came down upon the earth before Adam and Eve ever partook of the forbidden fruit. I imagine that he is still here 6000 years later. Yet his time has not ended on this earth for nearly 6000 years an yet God considered it a short time.

When Jesus was on the earth he told his disciples the following:

Matthew 16:28
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1
1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Luke 9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Here Jesus clearly tells us that there would some who were of that generation that would not taste of death until they would see the kingdom of God come with power. What does Jesus say about his coming in power with his kingdom?

Matthew 24:29-30
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

We read here that Jesus will come in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory and all the tribes of the earth shall see this great event. Has that happened? NO! Not yet!

The Book of Revelation tells us that when Jesus comes he will rule on the earth for 1000 years. Has that happened? NO! Not yet!

Revelation 20:2-8
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Peter once wondered what would become of the Apostle John:

John 21:20-25
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Here we read that John the Apostle and Revelator would tarry in this life until Jesus would come again upon the earth. In John, his prophesy given in Matthew 16, Mark 9, and Luke 9 would come true. John would continue until Jesus would come again. Thus that generation in which Jesus spoke that that generation would not all pass away is true even today before he has made his second coming an will come true because John will live until Christ Jesus comes again in the clouds of heaven in great glory.

norwegen

In God's terms, "soon" could mean a much larger time frame than what it means to the average person. In Revelation 12 we read:

Revelation 12:12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil came down upon the earth before Adam and Eve ever partook of the forbidden fruit. I imagine that he is still here 6000 years later. Yet his time has not ended on this earth for nearly 6000 years an yet God considered it a short time.

When Jesus was on the earth he told his disciples the following:

Matthew 16:28
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1
1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Luke 9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Here Jesus clearly tells us that there would some who were of that generation that would not taste of death until they would see the kingdom of God come with power. What does Jesus say about his coming in power with his kingdom?

Matthew 24:29-30
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

We read here that Jesus will come in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory and all the tribes of the earth shall see this great event. Has that happened? NO! Not yet!

The Book of Revelation tells us that when Jesus comes he will rule on the earth for 1000 years. Has that happened? NO! Not yet!

Revelation 20:2-8
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Peter once wondered what would become of the Apostle John:

John 21:20-25
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Here we read that John the Apostle and Revelator would tarry in this life until Jesus would come again upon the earth. In John, his prophesy given in Matthew 16, Mark 9, and Luke 9 would come true. John would continue until Jesus would come again. Thus that generation in which Jesus spoke that that generation would not all pass away is true even today before he has made his second coming an will come true because John will live until Christ Jesus comes again in the clouds of heaven in great glory.

So you think that means 2000 years into the future?

Quote me the verse.

Revelation 22:10 says, "And he said to me, 'Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near'". In this verse, John is told not to seal the words of the prophecy of Revelation because the time is near, and no events need to occur. Revelation 22:6–13 focuses on Jesus' return and marks the end of John's visions of the future. It includes several commands and messages from Jesus Christ, including a warning not to manipulate the words of this message.

Revelation is bookended with explicit statements that these prophecies “must soon take place” and that the words should not be sealed up precisely because “the time is near.”

Forum List

Back