Republicans deserve what they get

No, it shows that a Republican president turned surpluses into trillion dollar deficits...

After the worst attack on American soil in history. Much had to be done on top of the economic problems we were experiencing before the attack. He wasn't waisting money on things like Cash for Clunkers or Midnight Basketball courts.

LaQuan McDonald.

Never heard of him so I looked it up. The officer involved still hasn't been convicted or found not guilty yet, but he does have a pretty good case.

McDonald was high on PCP, spun around quickly with a weapon in his hand. It could have easily been construed that he pulled out a gun while spinning; I watched the video several times.

With his hands in his coat pockets? Good trick.

They weren't in his coat pockets. That has already been determined by the video.

After the worst attack on American soil in history. Much had to be done on top of the economic problems we were experiencing before the attack. He wasn't waisting money on things like Cash for Clunkers or Midnight Basketball courts.

No, he was wasting a TRILLION DOLLARS getting even with Saddam.

And 5000 American lives.

Never heard of him so I looked it up. The officer involved still hasn't been convicted or found not guilty yet, but he does have a pretty good case.

McDonald was high on PCP, spun around quickly with a weapon in his hand. It could have easily been construed that he pulled out a gun while spinning; I watched the video several times.

I'm sure when you watched it, you said, "Kill that n****r!" because that's how your mind works. If it was a good shoot, the city and PD wouldn't have tried to bury the tape, lie about it for a year before releasing it.

The tape shows him walking away from Van Dyke. Van Dyke then shot him 15 more times when he was lying on the ground, 8 times in the back.

They weren't in his coat pockets. That has already been determined by the video.

Actually, the video shows him with his hands in his pockets. The city paid out 6 million dollars because they KNEW what a jury would think when they saw it.

Actually, the video shows him with his hands in his pockets. The city paid out 6 million dollars because they KNEW what a jury would think when they saw it.

A jury does not base their decision on what the city gave to one of their sisters, they base it on criminal actions. There was no criminal action in the shooting, furthermore as the report shows, they seen Tamir rice stick the gun down his pants when they approached. How did it get from his pants to his coat?

The jury seen the video, and like most clear thinking people, he pulled a realistic gun out of his pants before getting shot.

I'm sure when you watched it, you said, "Kill that n****r!" because that's how your mind works.

No...........that's how your mind works, and you have proven that repeatedly on USMB.

No, he was wasting a TRILLION DOLLARS getting even with Saddam.

And 5000 American lives.

Yes, and Saddam is dead and the people of Iraq freed. On the other hand, when we had Democrat leadership, we got new cars and air conditioners plus cheaper solar panels.

A jury does not base their decision on what the city gave to one of their sisters, they base it on criminal actions. There was no criminal action in the shooting, furthermore as the report shows, they seen Tamir rice stick the gun down his pants when they approached. How did it get from his pants to his coat?

Actually, A judge found there was sufficient evidence to go to trial, and McGinty decided to use a grand jury to whitewash the crime.

McGinty not doing his job (and getting fired for it) is not proof of innocence, dummy.

Yes, and Saddam is dead and the people of Iraq freed. On the other hand, when we had Democrat leadership, we got new cars and air conditioners plus cheaper solar panels.

I think most families would rather have a new car than their kid coming home in a box.

Um, you do realize that Iraq is hardly free. The Iranians took it over.

The jury seen the video, and like most clear thinking people, he pulled a realistic gun out of his pants before getting shot.

Except the gun isn't out on the video,and he has his hands in his coat pockets.

But that's okay, man, you never saw a cop shoot a black person and thought the cop was in the wrong.

Actually, A judge found there was sufficient evidence to go to trial, and McGinty decided to use a grand jury to whitewash the crime.

McGinty not doing his job (and getting fired for it) is not proof of innocence, dummy.

Neither is public pressure dummy. How does a judge not associated with the case and no access to evidence say that the evidence is enough to go to trial? By what he seen on television like the rest of us?

You are such a sap.

I think most families would rather have a new car than their kid coming home in a box.

Um, you do realize that Iraq is hardly free. The Iranians took it over.
Bull. You wouldn't know anyway because your precious MSM quit talking about Iraq after Trump got rid of ISIS. Now they want to forget all about it. If Iran were controlling Iraq, it would be front and center on every left-wing media outlet in the country.

Except the gun isn't out on the video,and he has his hands in his coat pockets.

But that's okay, man, you never saw a cop shoot a black person and thought the cop was in the wrong.

Joe, you see whatever you want to see. It's part of your mental problem.

So here's a video with somebody explaining exactly what Tamir was doing when he got shot. The bottom of a persons coat does not lift up when they are taking their hands out of their coat pocket.

This is absolutely unacceptable and the type of completely bullshit, disingenuous twist that we came to expect from Barack Insane Obama:
The president acted because steel and aluminum imports have helped erode the domestic industry to the point that it threatens national security.
To claim that your powers of “national security” allows you to bypass Congress and implement your own tariffs is totally disingenuous and an egregious abuse of power. This is literally as idiotic as claiming that the President has the power to shut down the internet because they view it as a “threat” to “national security”.

It was this kind of unacceptable crap that I feared from Donald Trump when I was a “NEVER Trump” advocate. His first year in office, he was incredible. If he starts to resort to this type of unconstitutional, power-hungry nonsense going forward - I will not be showing up at the polls to cast a vote for him in bid for re-election.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross: “Why We Imposed the Metal Tariffs”

This is absolutely unacceptable and the type of completely bullshit, disingenuous twist that we came to expect from Barack Insane Obama:
The president acted because steel and aluminum imports have helped erode the domestic industry to the point that it threatens national security.
To claim that your powers of “national security” allows you to bypass Congress and implement your own tariffs is totally disingenuous and an egregious abuse of power. This is literally as idiotic as claiming that the President has the power to shut down the internet because they view it as a “threat” to “national security”.

It was this kind of unacceptable crap that I feared from Donald Trump when I was a “NEVER Trump” advocate. His first year in office, he was incredible. If he starts to resort to this type of unconstitutional, power-hungry nonsense going forward - I will not be showing up at the polls to cast a vote for him in bid for re-election.

Then vote Democrat. Then when they gain enough power to poison our Supreme Court and they come for your guns, don't complain.

Then vote Democrat. Then when they gain enough power to poison our Supreme Court and they come for your guns, don't complain.
There is some epic logic. Ignore the right shredding the U.S. Constitution because you fear the left shredding the U.S. Constitution. :eusa_doh:

Besides, snowflake, it doesn’t matter what the Supreme Court says. I won’t be surrendering my firearms. I have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

There is some epic logic. Ignore the right shredding the U.S. Constitution because you fear the left shredding the U.S. Constitution. :eusa_doh:

Besides, snowflake, it doesn’t matter what the Supreme Court says. I won’t be surrendering my firearms. I have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Well if you don't vote for Republicans then you do cast a vote for Democrats. Never in my life has there been a Republican who I either liked all the time or agreed with, but it sure as hell beats the alternative.

Think where we would be today if Hillary was in charge. What would the Supreme Court look like the next four years, no tax cuts, Paris Accord in full gear, boys invading your daughters locker room in school, ISIS still in control of Iraq, Kimmy still shooting off his rockets and being a threat to SK and Japan, Obamacare fines for individuals and businesses, the list goes on and on.

No matter what Republican gets into office, they are bound to do things you disagree with. But if you let a Democrat sneak in, they will do everything you disagree with. And that's why I voted for McCain and Romney. I hated it, but there really was no other choice. Obama was the alternative.

Poodle is surprised when the Nazi he voted for acts like a Nazi.

Neither is public pressure dummy. How does a judge not associated with the case and no access to evidence say that the evidence is enough to go to trial? By what he seen on television like the rest of us?

You are such a sap.

Because he was the one hearing the case... McGinty was the one who keeps going out there and trying to exonerate cops in questionable shootings, until the folks in your city got fed up with it and showed him the door.

Joe, you see whatever you want to see. It's part of your mental problem.

So here's a video with somebody explaining exactly what Tamir was doing when he got shot. The bottom of a persons coat does not lift up when they are taking their hands out of their coat pocket.

You can explain all day.. but it looks like he has his hands in his pockets.

Of course, we only see stills taken out of context.

Again, the city paid out 6 million to his family rather than let a jury see that when someone was arguing the case.

Which is too bad, I'd have loved to have seen Loehmann get on the stand and break out in a crying fit.

My GGGGGUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZ!:04::420::banana::bang3::blowpop:

Because he was the one hearing the case... McGinty was the one who keeps going out there and trying to exonerate cops in questionable shootings, until the folks in your city got fed up with it and showed him the door.

No, he wasn't the one hearing the case. That was a different judge. What do you want a prosecutor to do if no crime was committed? What do you charge the officer with, the crime of "I don't like what you did?"

You people on the left are so clueless about the law. A police officer or licensed citizen has the right to defend themselves using deadly force if they are threatened in our state. When you pull out a realistic looking gun, that constitutes a threat. If I, as a citizen, did the same thing, nothing would happen to me either.

You can explain all day.. but it looks like he has his hands in his pockets.

Of course, we only see stills taken out of context.

Again, the city paid out 6 million to his family rather than let a jury see that when someone was arguing the case.

Which is too bad, I'd have loved to have seen Loehmann get on the stand and break out in a crying fit.

How is it a civil case jury would see anything different than a grand jury? For participating in a political forum, you sure are politically ignorant. The six mil was for elected officials to keep their job. Had they not paid the pig off, the Mayor or Council would be out of a job just like the prosecutor. That's how Democrat politics works. Don't do the right thing, do the easy thing that keeps you in power. Democrats have no integrity. You know that.

No, he wasn't the one hearing the case. That was a different judge. What do you want a prosecutor to do if no crime was committed? What do you charge the officer with, the crime of "I don't like what you did?"

You take it to a jury and you ARGUE THE CASE.

A kid is dead because someone who had no business being a cop shot him for nothing.

You people on the left are so clueless about the law. A police officer or licensed citizen has the right to defend themselves using deadly force if they are threatened in our state. When you pull out a realistic looking gun, that constitutes a threat. If I, as a citizen, did the same thing, nothing would happen to me either.

Except the gun wasn't visible, and he was a kid playing with a toy.

How is it a civil case jury would see anything different than a grand jury? For participating in a political forum, you sure are politically ignorant. The six mil was for elected officials to keep their job. Had they not paid the pig off, the Mayor or Council would be out of a job just like the prosecutor. That's how Democrat politics works. Don't do the right thing, do the easy thing that keeps you in power. Democrats have no integrity. You know that.

Uh, guy, paying her off was because WHEN A JURY SAW THE EVIDENCE< they'd have soaked the city for a lot more than 6 million.

Just put officer McWeepy's old boss on the stand telling them about how they had to pry the gun from his hand because he went on an uncontrollable weeping fit on a gun range, endangering other officers.

And Cleveland put this mutant out on the street.

You take it to a jury and you ARGUE THE CASE.

A kid is dead because someone who had no business being a cop shot him for nothing.

They did take it to a jury.......A GRAND JURY!!!!

Except the gun wasn't visible, and he was a kid playing with a toy.

It wasn't? Then how did it end up on the ground after he was shot? Did it just jump out of his pants?

Uh, guy, paying her off was because WHEN A JURY SAW THE EVIDENCE< they'd have soaked the city for a lot more than 6 million.

Just put officer McWeepy's old boss on the stand telling them about how they had to pry the gun from his hand because he went on an uncontrollable weeping fit on a gun range, endangering other officers.

And Cleveland put this mutant out on the street.

I wish they would have put him on the stand, because the judge would have had no choice but to throw the case out of court. Then you would be complaining that the prosecutor knew the judge was going to do that all along.

They did take it to a jury.......A GRAND JURY!!!!

No, they took it to a grand jury and then hid evidence... that' not taking it to a jury.

Here's how this works. The prosecutor PROSECUTES!

The Defense lawyer DEFENDS.

The prosecutor is not supposed to be in the bag for the accused.

It wasn't? Then how did it end up on the ground after he was shot? Did it just jump out of his pants?

Cops planted it.

I wish they would have put him on the stand, because the judge would have had no choice but to throw the case out of court. Then you would be complaining that the prosecutor knew the judge was going to do that all along.

Um, no, I think that if you had a CIVIL case that was entirely dependent on Officer Loehmann's state of mind, his sheer incompetence, then the fact that he was an emotional wreck is totally germane to whether the City of Cleveland was liable.

They should have found out WHY he was fired by Independence before they put him out on the street with a gun.

No, they took it to a grand jury and then hid evidence... that' not taking it to a jury.

Here's how this works. The prosecutor PROSECUTES!

The Defense lawyer DEFENDS.

The prosecutor is not supposed to be in the bag for the accused.

He wasn't, and what evidence did they hide? They spent hour after hour on the video. They brought in an expert to explain each and every frame. The video was sent to NASA for reprocessing. What could they have hidden?

Forensics were brought in and it coincided with the officers account of what took place. The investigation was done by the Sheriff's department, not the Cleveland police force.

Cops planted it.

They did, huh? So they planted the gun that he had in his coat pocket before he got shot. You're really all over the place with this. What about the kid that had Tamir's cell phone that he traded that gun for? How did they plant the cell phone on him?

Um, no, I think that if you had a CIVIL case that was entirely dependent on Officer Loehmann's state of mind, his sheer incompetence, then the fact that he was an emotional wreck is totally germane to whether the City of Cleveland was liable.

They should have found out WHY he was fired by Independence before they put him out on the street with a gun.

Joe, even if the officer was found to be totally insane, it doesn't discount the fact that he shot in self-defense. That's the only thing that matters. What one other persons unprofessional opinion of the officer was doesn't mean squat. It's only one mans opinion, and that man had it out for the officer since he joined the force.

He wasn't, and what evidence did they hide? They spent hour after hour on the video. They brought in an expert to explain each and every frame. The video was sent to NASA for reprocessing. What could they have hidden?

How about Loehmann's mental instability?

or the fact he was fired for Mental instability?

Or that the other guy had choked a suspect into unconsciousness?

Or that 4 other police departments refused to hire Loehmann because he was such a loser?

Joe, even if the officer was found to be totally insane, it doesn't discount the fact that he shot in self-defense. That's the only thing that matters. What one other persons unprofessional opinion of the officer doesn't mean squat. It's only one mans opinion, and that man had it out for the officer since he joined the force.

Um, no, sorry, a child playing with a toy isn't a danger.

The fact that he was so mentally unstable that he had to be disarmed on a range shows he never should have been put out on the street making life and death judgement calls.

Cleveland officer who killed Tamir Rice had been deemed unfit for duty

According to a memo sent by Deputy Chief Jim Polak of the Independence Police Department to the city's human resources manager, Loehmann was visibly "distracted and weepy" during a gun range training course, and could not follow simple directions or communicate clearly.

"His handgun performance was dismal," read the memo, which called the incident a "dangerous loss of composure." The training officer took Loehmann's weapons away and drove with him to pick up some of his other gear, but the officer continued to have an "emotional meltdown," crying at times as he described relationship problems with his girlfriend to his training sergeant.

In two other incidents, the documents say, Loehmann failed to follow instructions, at one point leaving his gun in an unlocked locker overnight.

"Individually, these events would not be considered major situations, but when taken together they show a pattern of a lack of maturity, indiscretion and not following instructions," the memo reads. "I do not believe time, nor training, will be able to change or correct these deficiencies."

How about Loehmann's mental instability?

or the fact he was fired for Mental instability?

Or that the other guy had choked a suspect into unconsciousness?

Or that 4 other police departments refused to hire Loehmann because he was such a loser?

I know people who tried to get on the Cleveland police force, and they didn't even come close. Good people who's number just wasn't drawn. I have a personal friend who's son became a police officer just a few years ago. He tried for years to get a job as a police officer, but again, many people were trying to get the same job. He applied to at least 15 police departments. After a while, he went to the police academy and paid for it with his own money just to get a jump on other applicants. It finally paid off. But it has nothing to do with being a winner or loser.

All police officers are subject to a psychological evaluation. If you screw up the least thing, out goes your application. In fact that friend of mine had detectives come to his home to question him about his son for over an hour. Afterwards, they went to nearby neighbors to talk about the applicant with them. They asked them questions of his son even as a child and how he behaved in the neighborhood. They were looking for the slightest case of concern.

Now, I can guarantee you that officer Loehmann went through the same thing by the Independence police department; maybe even more. He passed all the psychological tests, passed the police academy, but for some reason this ONE PERSON with no training in psychological matters was the only person that had a problem with the officer.

Um, no, sorry, a child playing with a toy isn't a danger.

No it isn't if YOU KNOW it's a toy. But when a 5'9" 190 lbs guy is pulling an exact replica out on you, there is only one thing you can do, and that is defend yourself before you get killed.

The fact that he was so mentally unstable that he had to be disarmed on a range shows he never should have been put out on the street making life and death judgement calls.

Great. Show me a professional evolution that determined he was mentally unstable.

Now, I can guarantee you that officer Loehmann went through the same thing by the Independence police department; maybe even more. He passed all the psychological tests, passed the police academy, but for some reason this ONE PERSON with no training in psychological matters was the only person that had a problem with the officer.

Well, no, the rest of the police force had a problem with him, as did the city which felt that moving to fire him was more practical than waiting for him to screw up.

Of course, Cleveland is such a shithole that they probably can't get good people to be cops. So yeah, we'll take the failed Squirrel Cops.

Forum List

Back