Republicans, here's your chance.

You're not harming anyone if you don't buy what they're selling.

An odd thing to say. No one has any OBLIGATION to buy something from someone.

Saying, for example, DON'T buy from China, doesn't make you have to buy from a specific other person. (Barring an unlikely scenario where all production is in china EXCEPT for ONE exception.)

The Democrats have their chance NOW, and they are showing the world...AGAIN...they can't get shit done. While Biden destroys the country from within and externally, Democrats are eating themselves.

The extreme left just publicly 'pants'ed Pelosi, exposing her weakness...AND just made Biden a 'lame duck'who hasn't pitical clout.

This, again, is the Democrats' 2nd chance, and, just like the 1st time, they are succeeding in f*ing over Ameticans while destthe nation. nation.

The government/Fed is the one putting up the capital.

Really? Cause when I was operating a rental unit, it was MY money, and MY work, all the government did was tax me when worked to make money, then taxed the materials I bought to maintain and upgrade the property, and tax the rent I got, and then taxed my profit when I was finally able to flip it.

AND when I get around to reinvesting it, I'm sure they will be there to tax that transaction and if I make any money they will be there to tax that, and when I get around to spending the money I have managed to make, they will tax that transaction too.

Your claim of a "government controlled economy" is just not true.

Really? Cause when I was operating a rental unit, it was MY money, and MY work, all the government did was tax me when worked to make money, then taxed the materials I bought to maintain and upgrade the property, and tax the rent I got, and then taxed my profit when I was finally able to flip it.

AND when I get around to reinvesting it, I'm sure they will be there to tax that transaction and if I make any money they will be there to tax that, and when I get around to spending the money I have managed to make, they will tax that transaction too.

Your claim of a "government controlled economy" is just not true.

You running a rental unit hardly represents the economy. Maybe I'll go ask the girls running the lemonaide stand what they think about it all.

You running a rental unit hardly represents the economy. Maybe I'll go ask the girls running the lemonaide stand what they think about it all.

Fair enough.

Ok, at MY level, I raised my money. At what point does the government just provide the capital?

Fair enough.

Ok, at MY level, I raised my money. At what point does the government just provide the capital?

Anywhere that the markets are involved. You didn't get any of the billions the banks got. The corporate farms got, the auto manufacturers got.

Anywhere that the markets are involved. You didn't get any of the billions the banks got. The corporate farms got, the auto manufacturers got.

The banks? You mean because the government authorizes the creating of dollars as a medium of exchange?

That is not giving capital. That is enabling the banks to hand out debt. The bank hands out the debt. The bank decides who is a good risk.

The capitalists takes on the debt, and teh risk that he can turn it into enough money to pay back the bank and have his business survive. He makes the decisions without government input.

There are examples of the government abusing this system, to take control of the decisions. such as the sub prime lending that led to the Great Recession. THEy are notable because they are exceptions and because they fail.

The banks? You mean because the government authorizes the creating of dollars as a medium of exchange?

That is not giving capital. That is enabling the banks to hand out debt. The bank hands out the debt. The bank decides who is a good risk.

The capitalists takes on the debt, and teh risk that he can turn it into enough money to pay back the bank and have his business survive. He makes the decisions without government input.

There are examples of the government abusing this system, to take control of the decisions. such as the sub prime lending that led to the Great Recession. THEy are notable because they are exceptions and because they fail.

It *might* be different if people were building factories and creating jobs but mostly they are simply inflating market prices.

It *might* be different if people were building factories and creating jobs but mostly they are simply inflating market prices.

Ii don't see how what they are doing with the money, is relevant. Yes, our leadership is... fucked up, but that is not relevant to a discussion about who is making the decisions.

Ii don't see how what they are doing with the money, is relevant. Yes, our leadership is... fucked up, but that is not relevant to a discussion about who is making the decisions.

It makes no difference who is making the decisions. They all make the same ones.

Democrats wanted power.
YOU wanted the Democrats in power.
The Democrats ARE in power.
So stop asking the MINORITY to now lead the Majority who is now in power - Democrats.
So stop asking the minority GOP to do what the Majority Democrats refuse to do.
Asking the minority to be part of the solution instead of obstructing is not that

An odd thing to say. No one has any OBLIGATION to buy something from someone.

Saying, for example, DON'T buy from China, doesn't make you have to buy from a specific other person. (Barring an unlikely scenario where all production is in china EXCEPT for ONE exception.)
You missed my point. No worries. It happens.

It makes no difference who is making the decisions. They all make the same ones.

You made the claim that we currently have a government controlled economy. YOU were the one that wanted to claim that.

If you are withdrawing the point, that is fine.

My position remains the same. I am a capitalists who wants FAIR TRADE.

You made the claim that we currently have a government controlled economy. YOU were the one that wanted to claim that.

That word. Fair. Almost always a euphemism for state control

You can want it all you want but you aren't going to get it. Want it, just don't claim we have it. Saying that whoever in charge changes nothing disputes nothing I've said.

That word. Fair. Almost always a euphemism for state control

Can you vague that up for me a little? Maybe some more qualifiers too.

My point stands. I am a capitalists who wants FAIR TRADE.

You can want it all you want but you aren't going to get it. Want it, just don't claim we have it. Saying that whoever in charge changes nothing disputes nothing I've said.

Except your point was about who is in charge. You made that point. supposedly because you thought it was relevant to the discussion.

Now, when I point out that the government is NOT in charge, suddenly, you just want to wander away...

Can you vague that up for me a little?
Good point. "Fair" is hopelessly vague. Maybe you can clarify.

In my experience "fair" is generally invoked when someone wants to justify state interference in the free market, because freedom produced a result that they don't like.

Forum List

Back