Republicans..The real allies of African Americans

Abortion is a personal choice and a right under our Constitutional law, only a republican stooge would use it as a political stick.

"The Republican Party's inability to counter the impact of the Great Depression led to its ouster from power in 1933; in 1953 the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower brought a moderate wing of the party to prominence.The party's platform remained conservative, emphasizing anticommunism, reduced government regulation of the economy, and lower taxes; many members also opposed civil rights legislation. In the 1950s the GOP gained new support from middle-class suburbanites and white Southerners disturbed by the integrationist policies of the national Democratic Party." Republican Party: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-a-heartbeat-is-detectable-4.html#post3814184

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

Abortion is a personal choice and a right under our Constitutional law, only a republican stooge would use it as a political stick.

"The Republican Party's inability to counter the impact of the Great Depression led to its ouster from power in 1933; in 1953 the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower brought a moderate wing of the party to prominence.The party's platform remained conservative, emphasizing anticommunism, reduced government regulation of the economy, and lower taxes; many members also opposed civil rights legislation. In the 1950s the GOP gained new support from middle-class suburbanites and white Southerners disturbed by the integrationist policies of the national Democratic Party." Republican Party: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-a-heartbeat-is-detectable-4.html#post3814184

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

Umm....MLK voted for Eisenhower. He signed the 1957 Civil bill into law as most dems oppossed it including LBJ.

On September 9, 1957, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed into law the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Originally proposed by Attorney General Herbert Brownell, the Act marked the first occasion since Reconstruction that the federal government undertook significant legislative action to protect civil rights. Although influential southern congressman whittled down the bill?s initial scope, it still included a number of important provisions for the protection of voting rights. It established the Civil Rights Division in the Justice Department, and empowered federal officials to prosecute individuals that conspired to deny or abridge another citizen?s right to vote. Moreover, it also created a six-member U.S. Civil Rights Commission charged with investigating allegations of voter infringement. But, perhaps most importantly, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 signaled a growing federal commitment to the cause of civil rights.

Civil Rights Act of 1957

The Nixon administration 1)desegregated southern schools; 2) significantly increased funding for the enforcement of both group and individual civil rights; 3) achieved court approval of goals in hiring practices rather than quotas; and 4) clearly transformed the power and responsibility for civil rights to a court-enforced approach based on recommendations of permanent government affirmative agencies within the executive branch.
I find this comment especially interesting and well put, from Mountain State University:

Nixon remains the only modern president whose personality, rhetoric, and image can be used with impunity to dismiss or ignore his concrete achievements, especially in the area of expanding civil rights enforcement in particular, and domestic reform in general.
Johnson had a long history of voting with the South against civil rights, and prior to 1957, he voted 100% with the South, including voting against the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960.
After the Civil Rights Acts, the southern Dixicrats who opposed civil rights, dissolved and most returned to the Democrat party, although if you listen to Democrat rhetoric you would think all Dixicrats became Republicans. Some did, but most did not, and to name a few that did not: Richard Russel, Mendell Rivers, William Fulbright, Robert Byrd, Fritz Hollings and Al Gore, Sr., the father of former Vice President Al Gore

MLK a Republican? Civil Rights in spite of Democrats : Stop The ACLU

As far as Abortion goes, why do we ignore the racists roots of Planned Parenthood?..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic[/ame]

Last edited:
"Which means absolutely nothing, give these same people a history test, they've been so brainwashed they'll tell you Lincoln was a democrat, which is why I started this thread a little history lesson for the libs :cool:

Ah. This must be a shining example of the genuine respect Conservatives have for minorities.

Uh yeah. You're objective. Absolutely! :lol:

Jroc continues to lie. Most Dems did not oppose the bill, but a majority of dems from the South did. I don't know about LBJ. MLK's dad was a Republican. Jroc needs to stay in reality.

Jroc continues to lie. Most Dems did not oppose the bill, but a majority of dems from the South did. I don't know about LBJ. MLK's dad was a Republican. Jroc needs to stay in reality.

Umm... I never said MLK was a Republican, I said he "voted for Eisenhower" I don't really think he was either actually, He voted for who would help his cause at the time. and a much highier % of Dems oppsed the bill than did Republicans.

Umm... I never said MLK was a Republican, I said he "voted for Eisenhower" I don't really think he was either actually, He voted for who would help his cause at the time. and a much highier % of Dems oppsed the bill than did Republicans.

Would you have the percentages of North vs South opposed the bill?

That may be more telling on the actual demographics

Let us know the % and # pro and con of Dems and Pubs by geography, and we will get a better context for this. Eisenhower was not super on civil right at all; he considered his pick for the Chief Justice, Earl Warren, his worst choice of his administration.

Let us know the % and # pro and con of Dems and Pubs by geography, and we will get a better context for this. Eisenhower was not super on civil right at all; he considered his pick for the Chief Justice, Earl Warren, his worst choice of his administration.

The Title of thread "Republicans..The real allies of African Americans" everybody knows southern democrats were more hostile to African Americans.:eusa_whistle:

Let us know the % and # pro and con of Dems and Pubs by geography, and we will get a better context for this. Eisenhower was not super on civil right at ?; he considered his pick for the Chief Justice, Earl Warren, his worst choice of his administration.

The Title of thread "Republicans..The real allies of African Americans" everybody knows southern democrats were more hostile to African Americans.:eusa_whistle:

How hostile were southern republicans

Let us know the % and # pro and con of Dems and Pubs by geography, and we will get a better context for this. Eisenhower was not super on civil right at ?; he considered his pick for the Chief Justice, Earl Warren, his worst choice of his administration.

How hostile were southern republicans

Probably not many, and if they were for African American rights, They'd be stupid to get out there in front of the issue risking harm to themselves, their friends and family.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fClzzfMR3ek]1300 White Republicans Lynched by the KKK.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

In the arsenal of the Democrats is a condemnation of Republican President Richard Nixon for his so-called “Southern Strategy.” These same Democrats expressed no concern when the racially segregated South voted solidly for Democrats for over 100 years, yet unfairly deride Republicans because of the thirty-year odyssey of the South switching to the Republican Party that began in the 1970's. Nixon's "Southern Strategy” was an effort on his part to get fair-minded people in the South to stop voting for Democrats who did not share their values and were discriminating against blacks. Georgia did not switch until 2004, and Louisiana was controlled by Democrats until the election of Republican Governor Bobby Jindal in 2007.

As the co-architect of Nixon’s “Southern Strategy”, Pat Buchanan provided a first-hand account of the origin and intent of that strategy in a 2002 article that can be found on the Internet at: The Neocons and Nixon's southern strategy

In that article, Buchanan wrote that when Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column about the South (written by Buchanan), Nixon declared that the Republican Party would be built on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the “party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounce of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice”.

During the 1966 campaign, Nixon was personally thanked by Dr. King for his help in passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Nixon also endorsed all Republicans, except the members of the John Birch Society.

Notably, the enforcement of affirmative action began with Richard Nixon‘s 1969 Philadelphia Plan (crafted by black Republican Art Fletcher who became know as “the father of affirmative action enforcement”) that set the nation‘s first goals and timetables. Nixon was also responsible for the passage of civil rights legislation in the 1970’s, including the Equal Employment Act of 1972.

Fletcher, as president of the United Negro College Fund, coined the phrase “the mind is a terrible thing to waste.” Fletcher was also one of the original nine plaintiffs in the famous “Brown v. Topeka Board of Education” decision. Fletcher briefly pursued a bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 1995.

Nixon began his merit-based affirmative action program to overcome the harm caused by Democrat President Woodrow Wilson who, after he was elected in 1912, kicked blacks out of federal government jobs and prevented blacks from obtaining federal contracts. Also, while Wilson was president and Congress was controlled by the Democrats, more discriminatory bills were introduced in Congress than ever before in our nation’s history. Today, Democrats have turned affirmative action into an unfair quota system that even most blacks do not support.

Frequently Asked Questions | National Black Republican Association

I give you facts you give me nothing. Sorry doesn't work with me....try again

He gave you something, you just didn't understand it. Here's the key: Republican does not equal conservative. At least not historically. In terms of civil rights and the interests of African-Americans, Republicans were for most of the party's history the liberals on these issues, while many Democrats were the conservatives. That did not begin to change until the 1960s, when Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act and the GOP began to court Southern white voters.

It's worth noting that all of your GOP civil-rights milestones occurred before that time.

why do you claim to be a conservative ??

Deflection and a poor one. I am not Hard Right, I am not libertarian, neither of which are classical liberal positions. CLs today is defined by Republicans like me, many centrists, and some Democrats.

Again, most Dems supported the bill but a majority of them from the South did not.

I give you facts you give me nothing. Sorry doesn't work with me....try again

He gave you something, you just didn't understand it. Here's the key: Republican does not equal conservative. At least not historically. In terms of civil rights and the interests of African-Americans, Republicans were for most of the party's history the liberals on these issues, while many Democrats were the conservatives. That did not begin to change until the 1960s, when Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act and the GOP began to court Southern white voters.

It's worth noting that all of your GOP civil-rights milestones occurred before that time.

:lol: Wrong.. But take this opportunity to prove your opinion, if not that's all it is, not based on fact. Conservative Republicans are and have always been about liberty as I have pointed out and proven throughout this thread. You got something? Prove it or you can always take the Jake route and just make empty statements:razz:

If your party stopped targeting black voters to keep them from voting then you might have a better chance at convincing them you think they are important

If you're party stoppped pushing the killing of Black babies, We'd have plenty more African Americans to vote :cuckoo:

graph.gif

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are we being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

BlackGenocide.org | Abortion and the Black Community

LMAO

Thanks for the laugh. This post was so ridiculous it made my night. :clap2:

Yeah! The man oppressin again! Conspiracy! etc! blah!

lol

If your party stopped targeting black voters to keep them from voting then you might have a better chance at convincing them you think they are important

If you're party stoppped pushing the killing of Black babies, We'd have plenty more African Americans to vote :cuckoo:

graph.gif

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are we being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

LMAO

lol

Conspriacy? doesn't really matter does it? the numbers are accurate,yet liberal black democrats say nothing about this problem. Margret Sanger's legacy... she would be proud.

graph.gif

LMAO

lol

I just love the compassion conservatives show for black babies........until they are born

graph.gif

LMAO

lol

I just love the compassion conservatives show for black babies........until they are born

More empty statements from the empty head.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back