Republicans: why raising taxes on the wealthy is good for the economy

You're such an idiot. Why else would the corporate tax rate be the highest in the world?

You really try too hard don't you? You have the maturity of a young adolescent who can't stand being wrong. You'll say anything. No wonder you're such a bigoted fucktard.

Why else would the corporate tax rate be the highest in the world?

Idiots in office and the idiots who support them. Idiot.
Why should it not be if than less than a year ago we were number 1 on GDP?

We're still #1 in GDP.
What's better, a higher corporate tax rate or a lower rate and more revenue and jobs?
Like this article explains, high taxes on the wealthy and corporations makes for a strong economy overall because the middle class is improved. The middle class, not the wealthy, is what keeps this economy strong and it is currently shrinking primarily because of republicans.
Democrats have been in control for over 6 years.
How does taking money from productive people improve anyone's lot, except bureaucrats?
Lol if you expect the income inequality problem to be fixed in 6 years, it would require huge overhauls that would never be agreed to by either dems or repubs.

We're still #1 in GDP.
What's better, a higher corporate tax rate or a lower rate and more revenue and jobs?
Like this article explains, high taxes on the wealthy and corporations makes for a strong economy overall because the middle class is improved. The middle class, not the wealthy, is what keeps this economy strong and it is currently shrinking primarily because of republicans.

Like this article explains, high taxes on the wealthy and corporations makes for a strong economy overall because the middle class is improved.

I don't see how taxing corporations and the rich more improves the middle class.
Maybe you can explain it to me?
Infrastructure is expensive. It requires a lot of revenue to fix. Our infrastructure is in dire shape because of huge tax cuts. If we pay for the work, this will employ thousands of middle class jobs.

Education is another. If we increase funding for public schools in several different dimensions, students will do better. Better grades means more job/college opportunities. Education also mean more job training programs. A big problem we have with jobs right now is that too many people are underqualified for vacant job positions.

However, what would really jump start our economy is higher wages. Higher wages for the poor and middle class means more consumer spending which accounts for 70% of our economy.

Our infrastructure is in dire shape because of huge tax cuts.

Our infrastructure is in dire shape because we pay people to sit on their asses, instead of paying them to fix our infrastructure.

Education is another. If we increase funding for public schools in several different dimensions, students will do better.

Bullshit. We keep spending more and more and results stay the same or get worse.
If we actually taught math, science, reading and writing, instead of making the kids feel good about their failure, students would do better.
If we taught real classes instead of made up "pride" bullshit, results would improve.
If we stopped importing illegals and spending billions trying to teach them English, we'd have more to spend on American students.

However, what would really jump start our economy is higher wages.

Raising taxes on corporations will not give workers higher wages.

Now we need money

Who is we? Why do "we" need money? How much do "we" need?

I'd like to get what I lost in the stock market back when the banks fucked us. And since the value of my home went down $40K, I'd like that taken off what I fucking owe!

Bank of America fined 1.3B for bad mortgages

Bank of America fined $1.3B for bad mortgages

I'd like to get what I lost in the stock market back when the banks fucked us.

I got mine back a couple of years ago.

And since the value of my home went down $40K, I'd like that taken off what I fucking owe!

That's a great idea! I'm sure some of the deadbeat borrowers who defaulted on their loans can scrape that together for you. Let me know how it goes.

They lost their homes and the banks made a fortune. Fuck you douche bag

When borrowers defaulted on their mortgages, banks lost money.
It was in all the papers. Moron.
Et they are richer than ever because the government gave them money and they kept it! I'm not going to explain it to you. You should already know. Bye loser.

Raise rich peoples taxes!

Et they are richer than ever because the government gave them money and they kept it!

The banks paid back the TARP loans. The US Treasury made tens of billions.

I'm not going to explain it to you.

You don't have to explain your idiocy, it's obvious.

We're still #1 in GDP.
How does taking money from productive people improve anyone's lot, except bureaucrats?
Lol if you expect the income inequality problem to be fixed in 6 years, it would require huge overhauls that would never be agreed to by either dems or repubs.

if you expect the income inequality problem to be fixed in 6 years,

Fix it? LOL!
Could Obama stop making it worse?

We're still #1 in GDP.

Like this article explains, high taxes on the wealthy and corporations makes for a strong economy overall because the middle class is improved.

I don't see how taxing corporations and the rich more improves the middle class.
Infrastructure is expensive. It requires a lot of revenue to fix. Our infrastructure is in dire shape because of huge tax cuts. If we pay for the work, this will employ thousands of middle class jobs.

Education is another. If we increase funding for public schools in several different dimensions, students will do better. Better grades means more job/college opportunities. Education also mean more job training programs. A big problem we have with jobs right now is that too many people are underqualified for vacant job positions.

However, what would really jump start our economy is higher wages. Higher wages for the poor and middle class means more consumer spending which accounts for 70% of our economy.

Our infrastructure is in dire shape because we pay people to sit on their asses, instead of paying them to fix our infrastructure.

Education is another. If we increase funding for public schools in several different dimensions, students will do better.

Bullshit. We keep spending more and more and results stay the same or get worse.
If we actually taught math, science, reading and writing, instead of making the kids feel good about their failure, students would do better.
If we taught real classes instead of made up "pride" bullshit, results would improve.
If we stopped importing illegals and spending billions trying to teach them English, we'd have more to spend on American students.

"Make kids feel good about their future"?

What does mean exactly and why is it a bad thing? We still teach those subjects. Our schools are very underfunded. Teachers are in short supply. Can you imagine how many teachers we could employ if we gave the position a substantial raise?

We're still #1 in GDP.

What does mean exactly and why is it a bad thing? We still teach those subjects. Our schools are very underfunded. Teachers are in short supply. Can you imagine how many teachers we could employ if we gave the position a substantial raise?

It means you can't read.
"making the kids feel good about their failure"

We still teach those subjects.

Not as well as we used to.

Our schools are very underfunded.

BS.

It means you can't read.

BS.
So, you think things are going great.

Last edited:

It means you can't read.

BS.
So, you think thinks are going great.

No.

We're still #1 in GDP.
You dont get it. The problem has gotten WORSE, not better after 6 years of Dem rule. That means whatever they're doing is making it worse, not better.

Envy is and ugly thing, and you are full of it.

You are also full of bullshit, so you have that going for you as well.

Envy is being a real fiscal conservative? I had no idea. Sorry I'm not a communist like you, but government dependence isn't good.

if you were a fiscal conservative you would be talking about government spending and waste not what one company pays its unskilled workers

I am talking about spending, welfare moron. Gov would be spending less if they weren't subsidizing Walmart.

Gov would be spending less if they weren't subsidizing Walmart.

Interesting claim. Let's test it.
WalMart fires all their "subsidized" workers tomorrow.
Would government payments to these workers increase or decrease? Why?

For one that wouldn't happen. And two, somebody would take the place of Walmart and hire them. Dnt act like the Waltons making billions is doing the poor a favor.
Who would hire them?

And if there are people wiling to hire Walmart unskilled labor for a higher pay then why aren't said Walmart employees taking those jobs now?

The answer is they want to stay where they are and the government is enabling them by allowing them to get on the dole.

WalMart fires all their "subsidized" workers tomorrow.
Would government payments to these workers increase or decrease? Why?

Yes they stay in business a real long time without the employees.

True but irrelevant. If they pay more, they can hire better workers. If you are happy with a $30 toaster and government passes a law that toasters can't be sold for less than $50, are you going to pay $50 for a $30 toaster that suits your needs or are you going to buy the best toaster you can get for $50 since you have to pay that?

You really are an idiot, you can't even grasp or respond to the point being made. You just keep repeating your strawman.
What are all these slightly better workers doing right now?

I can't explain hiring to people who have no experience and no interest in learning. It's an entire economy, they are not in one place. They are all over. There is also a stream of new workers entering the work force and they will jump at a chance to work at walmart to gain experience to get a better job.

Yes lots of great workers are jumping at the chance to get paid very little at Walmart. That's a good one.

So you agree that the people working for MW are not great workers yet you want them to be paid more.

Interesting

No you want to by electing democrats to steal from your brother, why? Do you want your brother poor like you and miserable as you?
If raising taxes is stealing from them then bush lowering their taxes was stealing from us.

If raising taxes is stealing from them then bush lowering their taxes was stealing from us.

Bush lowered your taxes too.

Big fucking deal. Now we need money and the rich are saying they can't help so Rick Snyder is talking about raising OUR taxes.

This is why I don't like talking politics with right wing jackasses. They have an answer for everything, don't understand anything they are told and they argue in circular arguments. So you'll use this argument today, use 5 more arguments after and then eventually circle back around to the "they lowered your taxes too" argument, which I have already refuted 1000 fucking times. You guys are just dumb.

Dumb because you aren't rich enough to be benefitting from their policies.

Fact is, you can't get any more from us middle class people. I don't care what the rich are paying today. They need to roll back not only the Bush tax cuts but the Reagan ones as well.

Don't worry, we will. You can argue and obstruct as much as you want but eventually we're coming for that $. lol

Now we need money

I'd like to get what I lost in the stock market back when the banks fucked us. And since the value of my home went down $40K, I'd like that taken off what I fucking owe!

If you didn't cash out you have more now than you did before 2008.

So you see you didn't lose anything if you didn't panic and if you were smart you have been plowing money into the market for the last 6 years

[

Ok so nobody good to vote for.

Only the ones that deliver good government.

The Democrats promise bad government and deliver bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but almost always delivers bad government.

Why vote for anybody that will continue with the bad government we have now with enormous debt, enormous taxation, welfare state and ungodly amount of regulation not to mention significant corruption?

You would be stupid to vote for anybody that will continue that, wouldn't you?

Have you been listening to some of these people? They prefer Walmart employees collect welfare to Walmart taking care of their employees. That formula will never equal small government. And many of these people claim to be conservative.

no we prefer the government not allow people to get on the dole as easily as they can today.

But they all do the same thing. I haven't seen any almost deliver bad with repubs, they just as bad. So I guess you are saying dont vote?

You must of missed the part where I said:

The Democrats promise bad government and deliver bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but almost always delivers bad government.

I read it, but it's wrong. Clinton only president to do something about debt.

did the debt decrease or increase over Clinton's 8 years?

Stop confusing a small budget surplus that was due mostly to a stock bubble with reducing the debt

Big fucking deal. Now we need money and the rich are saying they can't help so Rick Snyder is talking about raising OUR taxes.

This is why I don't like talking politics with right wing jackasses. They have an answer for everything, don't understand anything they are told and they argue in circular arguments. So you'll use this argument today, use 5 more arguments after and then eventually circle back around to the "they lowered your taxes too" argument, which I have already refuted 1000 fucking times. You guys are just dumb.

Fact is, you can't get any more from us middle class people. I don't care what the rich are paying today. They need to roll back not only the Bush tax cuts but the Reagan ones as well.

Don't worry, we will. You can argue and obstruct as much as you want but eventually we're coming for that $. lol

Now we need money

And since the value of my home went down $40K, I'd like that taken off what I fucking owe!

That's a great idea! I'm sure some of the deadbeat borrowers who defaulted on their loans can scrape that together for you. Let me know how it goes.

And why did they lose their homes?

Could it be because they bought homes they could barely afford on an ARM ?

Could it be they remortgaged their homes multiple times as the values were artificially inflated so as to buy more crap they couldn't afford??

We're still #1 in GDP.

We already spend more per student than countries that are kicking our asses

The problem is that we pay most of that money to administrators who do not teach

Now we need money

If you didn't cash out you have more now than you did before 2008.

So you see you didn't lose anything if you didn't panic and if you were smart you have been plowing money into the market for the last 6 years

So Obama did a good job getting us out of the mess?

Now we need money

And why did they lose their homes?

Could it be because they bought homes they could barely afford on an ARM ?

Could it be they remortgaged their homes multiple times as the values were artificially inflated so as to buy more crap they couldn't afford??

We argued this in 2008. Stop defending the criminal mortgage and bankers and GOP. Next you'll bring up Freddy and fanny.

Forum List

Back