REPUBLICANS: Why wasn't the wall taken care of in Trump's first two years?

It was torn down as a symbol of hate and division that should never be allowed to stand.
so it worked? BTW, no one was allowed to leave the country. no one. that isn't the case with the wall for the southern border. they can submit a request for visa and get in quite simple. ask the other immigrants here today.

No it didn't. Despite guards armed with machine guns shooting anyone attempting to cross, many made the attempt and thousands succeeded. The wall wasn't in any way effective at keep people in or out. But it was a symbol of hatred and division, and it was ugly.

He doesn't care. All he wants to do is argue and think he's making a point when the point he's making is that he's an imbecile.. We present facts and he laughs at them. A simple Google search would explain why it was torn down. I did that and showed him, but he still missed the actual point. Either he's playing a part, or he really is that stupid. From all of his comments I've read before, I think the latter is true.

jc456 is a Russian poster, paid to promote all things Trump, whether true or not, it doesn't matter. Has posted in this forum that the Russian people would not have been so stupid as to fall for the Russian propaganda in 2016 elections.

Thanks for this information as it makes more sense as to why he posts everything he does. From now on, I will refrain from replying to him. There are a lot of those on this board, aren't there?
You don’t like challenge

Democrats were crying the same thing 8 years ago over lack of DACA legislation. Obama prioritized healthcare insurance while it was the tax cut that took precedent with Trump. I don't point the finger of blame at either. I fault congress. As I recall (meaning the way I remember it and I'm too lazy to look it up) last March they were in session only a handful of days. Legislation, it's like watching paint dry.

Do you think any of that fence has stopped anyone? Have you not seen the clips of people climbing over it? It doesn't matter how much of it there is unless you make something that will stop the inflow of illegal immigrants.

Your argument against the wall is weak. Answer me this: Do you believe in our nation's ability to enforce its own sovereignty?

Last edited:
This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:

Needed 60 Votes in the Senate and while there was hope there was no need to go as far. But that has changed with the Dems in the House. Still not 60 Votes in the Senate though or a possibility of getting it through the House.

Dirty game, politics.

Greg

Why?

Because first we had to get the billionaires their much needed tax cuts.

First things first you know.

Your argument against the wall is weak. Answer me this: Do you believe in our nation's ability to enforce its own sovereignty?

Not with any wall, we already have border walls, to the tune of billions
they simply do not work.....

Why the Wall Won't Work

President Trump’s Border Wall Won’t Stop Immigrants From Crossing

~S~

Why the Wall Won't Work

~S~
When not all of the border is fenced off, naturally no kind of barrier will work. What, you want to stick to a Vietnam era solution that requires a modern day solution?

Sigh this argument is weak too. Do you really care about enforcing our borders? Do you?

It was torn down as a symbol of hate and division that should never be allowed to stand.
so it worked? BTW, no one was allowed to leave the country. no one. that isn't the case with the wall for the southern border. they can submit a request for visa and get in quite simple. ask the other immigrants here today.

No it didn't. Despite guards armed with machine guns shooting anyone attempting to cross, many made the attempt and thousands succeeded. The wall wasn't in any way effective at keep people in or out. But it was a symbol of hatred and division, and it was ugly.

He doesn't care. All he wants to do is argue and think he's making a point when the point he's making is that he's an imbecile.. We present facts and he laughs at them. A simple Google search would explain why it was torn down. I did that and showed him, but he still missed the actual point. Either he's playing a part, or he really is that stupid. From all of his comments I've read before, I think the latter is true.

jc456 is a Russian poster, paid to promote all things Trump, whether true or not, it doesn't matter. Has posted in this forum that the Russian people would not have been so stupid as to fall for the Russian propaganda in 2016 elections.

Thanks for this information as it makes more sense as to why he posts everything he does. From now on, I will refrain from replying to him. There are a lot of those on this board, aren't there?

Yes there are.

Do you think any of that fence has stopped anyone? Have you not seen the clips of people climbing over it? It doesn't matter how much of it there is unless you make something that will stop the inflow of illegal immigrants.

You means clips like this — where trump lied about the wall...?

And the answer to your question is yes. And we already have a wall.

Why the Wall Won't Work

~S~
When not all of the border is fenced off, naturally no kind of barrier will work. What, you want to stick to a Vietnam era solution that requires a modern day solution?

Sigh this argument is weak too. Do you really care about enforcing our borders? Do you?
Trump isn’t looking to put up a wall along the entire border. All he wants to do is to put up new walls where we already have walls.

Thanks for admitting his plan won’t work and it’s nothing but a waste of billions of dollars.
thumbsup.gif

We do? Where? Where is this mighty wall you speak of?

And if you do believe in our nation's ability to enforce its own sovereignty, why are you fighting so hard against efforts to do just that? You are nothing if disingenuous.

Because the Republicans needed 60 votes in the Senate to pass thanks to Dems filibusters if there was any wall funding.
If he couldn't get it done for two years with the GOP in control of both chambers, this seems like a pretty bizarre gambit.

It's not a "bizarre gambit" at all, He's getting tons of mileage out of the issue and his intransigence on it with his base. He has to be seen as having fought "the good fight" with his supporters before he capitulates and moves on to other things, I suspect the issue will come back to the forefront when election time comes around.

If he REALLY wanted the $5 billion to begin the construction of this wall/curtain/whatever the fuck he's calling it now, he could have used executive transfer authority to get it (instead of just making veiled threats to use it) but that wouldn't have given him a political issue to rile up his base with. :dunno:

Exactly where is this "Executive Transfer Authority" of which you speak?

Thanks for admitting his plan won’t work and it’s nothing but a waste of billions of dollars.
thumbsup.gif

Eh, that's not at all what I said. When your argument collapses, you look for nonexistent weaknesses in mine. Thanks once again for putting words in my mouth. You say a wall is a waste of "billions" of dollars while ignoring all the other deficit spending Democrats have engaged in in the past two decades.

Please don't assault me with your excuses.

Trump isn’t looking to put up a wall along the entire border. All he wants to do is to put up new walls where we already have walls.

Oh? Since when did he let you into the White House situation room? I don't think a fence constructed of rusted out scrap metal from past wars counts as a "wall".

Because the Republicans needed 60 votes in the Senate to pass thanks to Dems filibusters if there was any wall funding.
If he couldn't get it done for two years with the GOP in control of both chambers, this seems like a pretty bizarre gambit.

It's not a "bizarre gambit" at all, He's getting tons of mileage out of the issue and his intransigence on it with his base. He has to be seen as having fought "the good fight" with his supporters before he capitulates and moves on to other things, I suspect the issue will come back to the forefront when election time comes around.

If he REALLY wanted the $5 billion to begin the construction of this wall/curtain/whatever the fuck he's calling it now, he could have used executive transfer authority to get it (instead of just making veiled threats to use it) but that wouldn't have given him a political issue to rile up his base with. :dunno:

Exactly where is this "Executive Transfer Authority" of which you speak?
Transfer and Reprogramming of Appropriations: An Overview of Authorities, Limitations, and Procedures

It's what Trump keeps referring to when he says that he can "just have the military (DoD) build the wall" and he's right, he can if he so chooses.

And if you do believe in our nation's ability to enforce its own sovereignty, why are you fighting so hard against efforts to do just that? You are nothing if disingenuous.
Because we already have a wall. I posted links yesterday showing this.

Because we already have a wall. I posted links yesterday showing this.

You and I have very different definitions of what constitutes a "wall", then.

Curious, why aren't you and your activist friends protesting to have it taken down?

thumbsup.gif

Eh, that's not at all what I said. When your argument collapses, you look for nonexistent weaknesses in mine. Thanks once again for putting words in my mouth. You say a wall is a waste of "billions" of dollars while ignoring all the other deficit spending Democrats have engaged in in the past two decades.

Please don't assault me with your excuses.

Oh? Since when did he let you into the White House situation room? I don't think a fence constructed of rusted out scrap metal from past wars counts as a "wall".
Of course that’s what you said. Maybe you just don’t understand what you say?

You said...

”When not all of the border is fenced off, naturally no kind of barrier will work.”

Trump is not looking to put up a wall along “all of the border.” Even you unwittingly admit then his wall won’t work.

Forum List

Back