SC con-federate flag gone

Yippee!! The Confederate flag that was flying above a Confederate memorial is gone. No more racism, right? Such a tragedy that nine people died and we remove a flag. Just sad. Now we can waste our time removing memorials.

The flag was nothing but political correctness bullshit.

I'm about as un-PC as they come, but I don't agree. I'm a transplanted northerner living in the south. Many southerners will tell you that the flag means pride and independence, not bigotry. The problem with that is that it has been used by bigots to the silence of the pride and independence crowd. So blacks reasonably are offended by it flying on government buildings. Symbols that reasonably offend a large portion of the population of a State should not be presented on government property. There's nothing PC about that

I tend to agree... my problem is, why now? I too am a transplant here in NOLA from NYC. Here we have many monuments, Lee, Beauregard, etc. and the crime rate is out of control and Landrieu is whining about moving monuments. These folks have everything out of perspective. Taking down flags and moving monuments is going to have zero effect on black on black crime, which is the real problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If we must ban all things associated with slavery, then it goes without saying that the first thing that should be banned is the party of slavery, segregation, and racism....the D Party.

If we must ban all things associated with slavery, then it goes without saying that the first thing that should be banned is the party of slavery, segregation, and racism....the D Party.

I know, the irony is astounding. Racist Democrats denouncing flags...

:lol:

The democ-rats won another P.R. battle and Isis is still a threat to the world and illegal aliens are still killing and robbing and raping Americans. Are the rats going to start burning history books?

I do think the flag thing is rather silly. I still find it hard to believe that it is about celebrating slavery. I think it's more about celebrating southern heritage, southern pride, that kind of thing. I can't say for sure because I'm not a southerner, but from what friends who have or do live in the south, that is what they tell me.

OTOH, I can understand why black people would find it offensive. To them, it represents a very dark period in their history, so this one is kind of a tough call. I have read articles, however, about some (probably very few) black people who also want the flag to remain as a reminder of slavery and a reminder of history because they think it is important that we remember this period of time, and in a way, they also see it as a way of remembering their ancestors and their fight for freedom.

The democ-rats won another P.R. battle and Isis is still a threat to the world and illegal aliens are still killing and robbing and raping Americans. Are the rats going to start burning history books?

I'm sure that too is on their hit list... fascists gotta be fascists.

Career politicians do not necessarily represent their constituents. You would have a point if the decision were made by referendum. On the other hand Haley has no Southern roots and cannot identify with Southern people's heritage. Her ancestors are from India (don't even think about starting some shit, I have no problem with her ancestry)

Then why did you bring it up?

Haley gets no kudos from me because it took Roof killing nine people to actually get her to address this issue.
No. It took the progressive PC movement to turn the killing into a crazy effort to eliminate American history.

Why stop at the Confederate flag? There are many other American symbols that should also be eliminated using the 'logic' of the progressive PC movement.

You people get so tiring so go ahead and whine. Cry, gnash your teeth, bury your head in your pillow, drink yourself unconscious, go out and buy con-federate flags with whatever little savings you have. THE WAR WAS OVER 150 YEARS AGO and the flag is a symbol of slavery.

Its in a museum where future generations can rightfully look at it and say "thankfully they lost and that way of life died with them".

Career politicians do not necessarily represent their constituents. You would have a point if the decision were made by referendum. On the other hand Haley has no Southern roots and cannot identify with Southern people's heritage. Her ancestors are from India (don't even think about starting some shit, I have no problem with her ancestry)

Haley gets no kudos from me because it took Roof killing nine people to actually get her to address this issue.
No. It took the progressive PC movement to turn the killing into a crazy effort to eliminate American history.

Why stop at the Confederate flag? There are many other American symbols that should also be eliminated using the 'logic' of the progressive PC movement.

You people get so tiring so go ahead and whine. Cry, gnash your teeth, bury your head in your pillow, drink yourself unconscious, go out and buy con-federate flags with whatever little savings you have. THE WAR WAS OVER 150 YEARS AGO and the flag is a symbol of slavery.

Its in a museum where future generations can rightfully look at it and say "thankfully they lost and that way of life died with them".
Exactly!!! But you revitalizing it for the purpose of heating up racial tensions already warmed up by the Administration.

Exactly!!! But you revitalizing it for the purpose of heating up racial tensions already warmed up by the Administration.

Racial tensions are what they are, nobody has to revitalize anything. Just because your surrogate daddy Faux News says there is no racism anymore doesn't make it so.

Conservative poster child Dylann Roof proved that.

.. to illustrate that she has no idea about Southern heritage, none of her ancestors were lost during 1861-1865 in the war

Very true.

None of her ancestors were inbred stupids fighting for slavery.

That's something to be proud of. frankly, if I had a Confederate Asshole in my family tree, I'd do everything I could to cover it up.

I do think the flag thing is rather silly. I still find it hard to believe that it is about celebrating slavery. I think it's more about celebrating southern heritage, southern pride, that kind of thing. I can't say for sure because I'm not a southerner, but from what friends who have or do live in the south, that is what they tell me.

OTOH, I can understand why black people would find it offensive. To them, it represents a very dark period in their history, so this one is kind of a tough call. I have read articles, however, about some (probably very few) black people who also want the flag to remain as a reminder of slavery and a reminder of history because they think it is important that we remember this period of time, and in a way, they also see it as a way of remembering their ancestors and their fight for freedom.
How is it silly? Forget dealing with the actual issues. The Millennials have solved racism!!!! Horay!!!

Democrats of today are not the same as democrats of the 1800s. Republicans of today are more like democrats of 1800s. So if we should ban a party that is more likely to be racists and who support racism at a much deeper level, then you are right, we must ban republicans immediately.

frankly, if I had a Confederate Asshole in my family tree, I'd do everything I could to cover it up.
..but you don't since your family arrived to the USA less than 100 years ago

Well, that's not entirely true.

My FATHER'S side of the family arrived in 1925.

My Mothers side of the family includes Cherokee, Dutch, English and Irish and have been here for centuries.

frankly, if I had a Confederate Asshole in my family tree, I'd do everything I could to cover it up.
..but you don't since your family arrived to the USA less than 100 years ago

Well, that's not entirely true.

My FATHER'S side of the family arrived in 1925.

My Mothers side of the family includes Cherokee, Dutch, English and Irish and have been here for centuries.
I found that strange too since the "chosen people" do not intermarry.

For a significant number of South Carolina residents the flag represents advocacy of segregation, racism, and discrimination, where its removal from state property is both warranted and appropriate public policy, neither mitigating nor undermining the perception by others that the flag represents heritage and history.

[QUOTE="whitehall, post: 11804227, member: 27324"]Are the rats going to start burning history books?[/QUOTE]

i would expect to see that soon along with burning libraries.

i read not too long ago the D-RATS want "Gone With The Wind" banned, burned and never ever seen by our future generations.
:up:

How is it silly? Forget dealing with the actual issues. The Millennials have solved racism!!!! Horay!!!

Oh, good geebus, shut the hell up already. You are like an old boring broken record with your millennials bullshit. Go screw yourself.

Forum List

Back