Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

The same teams are not with the protectee 24 / 7 / 365, they switch off.

WW
Yeah, but someone has to stay with him overnight in prison. I doubt if the SS had signed up for that.

Btw, that is the topic of this thread. SS mulling over the fact that they need to provide him protection in prison.

The poor SS. Imagine having to find out you are going to serve a prison sentence because the douchebag you are protecting will be sentenced.

I can image a lot will be putting in for early retirement.

As former President Donald Trump faces a historic criminal trial in Manhattan, the U.S. Secret Service is grappling with the unprecedented scenario of potentially having to protect him in prison.

The trial, which began last week, involves Trump being charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records to cover up a sex scandal. It marks the first time a former U.S. president has faced criminal prosecution.

The New York Times reported that, behind the scenes, officials from the Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies had held preliminary discussions about the logistics of protecting Trump if he were to be incarcerated. These talks were sparked by prosecutors' request to consider the possibility of jailing Trump for contempt during the trial, even before a verdict is reached.

The Times noted that the Secret Service faces a "logistical nightmare of safely incarcerating" Trump.

"Obviously, it’s uncharted territory," said Martin F. Horn, a former high-ranking official in New York’s state prison system. "Certainly no state prison system has had to deal with this before, and no federal prison has had to either."

'Logistical nightmare': NY Times reveals Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

It sounds like a daunting task - but one I hope they have to deal with - in a real prison! What do you think?

Yeah, but someone has to stay with him overnight in prison. I doubt if the SS had signed up for that.

Just a night shift like any other. They show up, stand guard, then leave.

Btw, that is the topic of this thread. SS mulling over the fact that they need to provide him protection in prison.

I would be surprised if part of the planning has not been to get their hands on a FEMA trailer. Haul it onto the prison grounds, throw up some hurricane fence and you are ready to go. Fence wouldn't take more than a day or two as it's basically setting the poles in concert then stringing the steel mesh. At that point you have a secure space. Part of the trailer could be the "admin" space for the agents and the back space for confinement.

But again I doubt if he will ever see the inside of any such confinement.

WW

1713915966103.png

The poor SS. Imagine having to find out you are going to serve a prison sentence because the douchebag you are protecting will be sentenced.

Nobody will retire over this. Piece of cake duty. Your prisoner in quite comfortable quarters if not Trump Tower or MiraLago will be almost 80 with failing mental health, under medical care, with incredibly limited social media access (if any), an ankle monitor, pinned to the grounds. I imagine he will get 12 cokes a day.

Nobody will retire over this. Piece of cake duty. Your prisoner in quite comfortable quarters if not Trump Tower or MiraLago will be almost 80 with failing mental health, under medical care, with incredibly limited social media access (if any), an ankle monitor, pinned to the grounds. I imagine he will get 12 cokes a day.

Diet cokes.

WW

The hell it isnt. It was a private affair, and Democrats are trying to say it was about the campaign. Thats the root of the 30 something supposed "crimes"
Trump paid the hush money to keep the info out of the campaign. That makes it a public affair and casts an even bigger shadow on Trump's 2016 narrow victory over Hillary.
We'll never know now. Hillary might have won if Trump had legally disclosed this information.
The public is souring on Trump screwing with elections. The dishonesty in 2016. Costing Repubs the Senate in 2018. The lies in trying to steal the election in 2020 and the insurrection he incited. Then his MAGAt candidates getting trounced again in congressional races in 2022.
And now this....trying to pretend like he's really running for election again just to fight off his impending felonies.
He's a loser....and we are watching his slow-motion crash and burn right now.
He's toast.

it's only day 2 & it's already looking bad for yer chosen one.

eye witness' & a paper trail, & there's tapes ... oh lordy there are tapes.........
Would you plead guilty if you were in Trump's position?

Trump paid the hush money to keep the info out of the campaign. That makes it a public affair and casts an even bigger shadow on Trump's 2016 narrow victory over Hillary.
We'll never know now. Hillary might have won if Trump had legally disclosed this information.
The public is souring on Trump screwing with elections. The dishonesty in 2016. Costing Repubs the Senate in 2018. The lies in trying to steal the election in 2020 and the insurrection he incited. Then his MAGAt candidates getting trounced again in congressional races in 2022.
And now this....trying to pretend like he's really running for election again just to fight off his impending felonies.
He's a loser....and we are watching his slow-motion crash and burn right now.
He's toast.
You won't mind at all when we detail all of the Biden crimes will you? We can talk about Tara Reade who fled to Russia, we can discuss his daughter and her confession in her diary and more. How about that?

As former President Donald Trump faces a historic criminal trial in Manhattan, the U.S. Secret Service is grappling with the unprecedented scenario of potentially having to protect him in prison.

The trial, which began last week, involves Trump being charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records to cover up a sex scandal. It marks the first time a former U.S. president has faced criminal prosecution.

The New York Times reported that, behind the scenes, officials from the Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies had held preliminary discussions about the logistics of protecting Trump if he were to be incarcerated. These talks were sparked by prosecutors' request to consider the possibility of jailing Trump for contempt during the trial, even before a verdict is reached.

The Times noted that the Secret Service faces a "logistical nightmare of safely incarcerating" Trump.

"Obviously, it’s uncharted territory," said Martin F. Horn, a former high-ranking official in New York’s state prison system. "Certainly no state prison system has had to deal with this before, and no federal prison has had to either."

'Logistical nightmare': NY Times reveals Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

It sounds like a daunting task - but one I hope they have to deal with - in a real prison! What do you think?

Misleading title. They are not planning it because they expect it, they are talking about it because in the event it should happen, they would need to know how to deal with it.

Nah, Bennie Thompson will get his bill passed and remove SS protection from Trump..so they won’t have to worry about it.

You all will get what you REALLY want….

I suspect if found guilty Trump is not going to spend time in prison. He will more than likely get a form of house arrest. Being stuck at MarALago unable to play golf, unable to use social media, unable to leave to premise limited to who he can interact with and have an ankle monitor attached is how I see imprisonment if that is his outcome.
I agree but don’t give dems false hope, you’ll ruin their mental masturbation at the thought of Trump in an orange jump suit and leg irons…

You won't mind at all when we detail all of the Biden crimes will you? We can talk about Tara Reade who fled to Russia, we can discuss his daughter and her confession in her diary and more. How about that?
I don't mind at all. It's fake news. Biden has not been charged with any crimes.
It's just whataboutism.
Besides, we are talking about Trump here.

Forum List

Back