Zone1 Serious Question About Abortion

The thing is a sizable portion of this country thinks otherwise, that once that life starts, the government has a responsibility to protect itr.
A sizeable portion of America believes we have should have a personal and positive obligation to assist people in need? You think if a striving man breaks into your home to rummage through your fridge that you not only don't have a right to defend your home with force but you have a positive obligation to feed him?

A sizeable portion of America believes we have should have a personal and positive obligation to assist people in need? You think if a striving man breaks into your home to rummage through your fridge that you not only don't have a right to defend your home with force but you have a positive obligation to feed him?

Usually they are there for your cell phone and jewelry, not your hot pockets.

And you are trying to make a false equivalency between and adult and an innocent human life.

Abortion is all about avoiding responsibility, at least birth control abortions are.

That same portion of people only care about that life until birth, then it’s nothing.

They care, what they don't think is that government should coddle grown adults with taxpayer money.

Plenty of pregnancy crisis centers out there, you know the ones Warren wants shut down, that provide pre and post natal services to women.

Plenty of charities out there as well.

That same portion of people only care about that life until birth, then it’s nothing.

“Nothing,” huh?

Quick question for you, chief: have you ever checked how illegal it is to attack and kill born humans?

How illegal do you think it is? Clearly, you think it’s just fine and dandy and not illegal at all.

Fun fact though: you’d be incredibly wrong to think as you clearly do, as must happen often…

They care, what they don't think is that government should coddle grown adults with taxpayer money.

Plenty of pregnancy crisis centers out there, you know the ones Warren wants shut down, that provide pre and post natal services to women.

So, a 1-day old child is a fully grown adult who can fend for themselves.

Got it.

You mean those pregnancy centers that are just bible thumpers lying to girls and women about it.

Usually they are there for your cell phone and jewelry, not your hot pockets.
Which doesn't answer my question.
And you are trying to make a false equivalency between and adult and an innocent human life.
It doesn't have to be an adult. It can be a starving child breaking in if you like. Does their hunger give them a right to break into you house and eat the food out of your fridge?
Abortion is all about avoiding responsibility, at least birth control abortions are.
I disagree. I think abortion is a perfectly responsible solution to an unwelcome pregnancy.

So, a 1-day old child is a fully grown adult who can fend for themselves.

Got it.

Plenty of State level services for kids of idiot parents.

The problem is when you pay for bad behavior, i.e. having kids without being able to support them, you get more of that behavior.

It's the subsidy problem.

“Nothing,” huh?

Quick question for you, chief: have you ever checked how illegal it is to attack and kill born humans?

How illegal do you think it is? Clearly, you think it’s just fine and dandy and not illegal at all.

Fun fact though: you’d be incredibly wrong to think as you clearly do, as must happen often…
You could care less about born children, they’re done when your goal of birth is completed.

You god isn’t running a charity.

You mean those pregnancy centers that are just bible thumpers lying to girls and women about it.

What lying? Do they say they offer abortion and then don't?

Why does using the word pregnancy crisis mean abortion in your mind automatically?

That you want to stop them from even speaking to people who might consider abortion just shows your slavish devotion to "abortion uber alles"

Which doesn't answer my question.

It doesn't have to be an adult. It can be a starving child breaking in if you like. Does their hunger give them a right to break into you house and eat the food out of your fridge?

I disagree. I think abortion is a perfectly responsible solution to an unwelcome pregnancy.

You create an unlikely scenario, so there is no reason to answer it.

It's not like we already don't spend billions on food for the hungry.....

It's the lazy way out of responsibility for ones actions.

Plenty of State level services for kids of idiot parents.

The problem is when you pay for bad behavior, i.e. having kids without being able to support them, you get more of that behavior.

It's the subsidy problem.
See, it just the forced birth that is important. Hell, even prenatal care is charity to your statist Geezsus.

It’s control of girls and women that is important.

What lying? Do they say they offer abortion and then don't?

Why does using the word pregnancy crisis mean abortion in your mind automatically?

That you want to stop them from even speaking to people who might consider abortion just shows your slavish devotion to "abortion uber alles"
Sure, those pregnancy crisis center which provide false information and guilt with no actual healthcare options.

Yeah those.

See, it just the forced birth that is important. Hell, even prenatal care is charity to your statist Geezsus.

It’s control of girls and women that is important.

To those who are strict pro life it's about the life. You can't see that because of your own biases.

I can just as easily say its about killing as many fetuses as possible that's important to you.

Sure, those pregnancy crisis center which provide false information and guilt with no actual healthcare options.

Yeah those.

They provide plenty of healthcare options, they just don't provide abortions.

Show that they don't provide healthcare.

To those who are strict pro life it's about the life. You can't see that because of your own biases.

I can just as easily say its about killing as many fetuses as possible that's important to you.
It’s about the choice of family, financial commitment and control of your body.

You want a local elected official in the decision for your geezsus.

You create an unlikely scenario, so there is no reason to answer it.
It's me trying to find the boundaries of this philosophy of positive obligation. Are pregnant women the only people under this philosophy that have a positive duty to others?
It's not like we already don't spend billions on food for the hungry.....
And we have orphanages to care for unwanted children. What we don't do is talk about how we're going to start charging passerbys with murder because a homeless guy starved to death on the side walk. If you want to argue that fetuses and embryos are separate, independent lives just like everyone else then they have a duty to live by their own means or the wilful charity of others. No one is required by law to house or feed the needy ourselves with our own homes and our own food. Why should pregnant women have to surrender their own bodies to independent life forms?
It's the lazy way out of responsibility for ones actions.
It's you not understanding the depth of your own argument.

Last edited:
It’s about the choice of family, financial commitment and control of your body.

You want a local elected official in the decision for your geezsus.

I support bans after 16 weeks or so, with exceptions only for the life of the mother.

And it would be a State legislature, i.e. the people making the choice.

Forum List

Back