Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Wanted to see what the members of the US message or thought about this issue.

I vote yes because the USA is a Christian majority country and Christianity has profoundly affected our country. And this is not the same thing as forcing somebody to become a Christian. None of the students are being forced to become Christian. They are some being taught about a religion, which is a major part of American history.
It’s in many areas of life. It is truly a part of the US culture, even though we are technically not at theocracy.

And here’s a critical point that some folks who are reactionaries will not get to or will not have read this far. I would say the same thing in a Muslim majority country or Jewish majority country..meaning if they mandated teaching about the Islamic religion or Jewish religion at public schools… I would not oppose it. This is the response to those who will say “well why not teach about Satanism or something like that in public schools”

Furthermore, Christianity has played possibly the largest role in shaping the western civilized world. From our moral foundation the way we set up our criminal justice system for example, things like mercy and forgiveness or charity.

Obviously the Eastern world was largely affected and influenced by religions like Islam and Hinduism along with Buddhism. It so happens that the western world has largely been shaped by Christianity.

Its interesting that the number one destination for all immigrants and refugees of the world if they could choose…. is the Christian majority USA. Again the United States is not a theocracy. … also perhaps the greatest middle-class to ever exist in world history occurred in the post World War II era in the United States…. And in the 1940s and 1950s Christianity was even more influential in our society compared to you today.

Even the folks who might be conservative or Trump supporters, but who are not Christian or who do not want Christianity in public schools can notice the following….. this whole thing is a positive counter to radical left-wing insanity ., things like cancel culture and wokeism, and this will be explained below

It would be a wonderful idea to have Christianity taught in public schools to youngsters. This serves as a counter to the vile things going on such as sex change operations for children, grown men dancing naked in front of children at left-wing “pride” events. The more that folks are taught about Jesus the more they will say well we definitely should not allow men to get naked in front of children at pride events, we should respect each other’s history, mutually and respect this insane 400 years of slave argument, or similar radical BLM arguments that make no sense. As facts shows us that black and white people owned slaves all throughout history.

Christianity has bridged the cultural divides. Just look at Africa. There’s hundreds of millions of devout Christians in Africa. And they oppose abortion, they oppose left-wing insanity. These are wonderful people. Christianity has existed in Africa for 2000 years since the beginning of Christianity.

And so the Christian faith serves as
A counter to left-wing racism from the likes of BLM and their far left Democrat supporters.

Wanted to see what the members of the US message or thought about this issue.

I vote yes because the USA is a Christian majority country and Christianity has profoundly affected our country. And this is not the same thing as forcing somebody to become a Christian. None of the students are being forced to become Christian. They are some being taught about a religion, which is a major part of American history.
It’s in many areas of life. It is truly a part of the US culture, even though we are technically not at theocracy.

And here’s a critical point that some folks who are reactionaries will not get to or will not have read this far. I would say the same thing in a Muslim majority country or Jewish majority country..meaning if they mandated teaching about the Islamic religion or Jewish religion at public schools… I would not oppose it. This is the response to those who will say “well why not teach about Satanism or something like that in public schools”

But they are being forced to read your religious text. And only your religious text.

I've got a better idea. Keep your religion out of the curriculum.

You can teach kids about history without forcing them to read your scriptures.

No. The one exception would be in the context a religion course that teaches the fundamentals of most of the major religions and the Bible was treated like any other religious text. If this is supposedly such a Christian nation as some like to think it is then teaching world religions other than Christianity would be more appropriate to have a better educated society, No need to teach what everyone apparently already knows.

But they are being forced to read your religious text. And only your religious text.

It’s no problem If a Muslim majority country was teaching the Quran to non-Muslim students. In fact, one might argue that it is respectful to learn about the majority culture/religion of the country ones living in.

I did my best to respect the Buddhist religion while living in Thailand and Cambodia. This is a matter of common courtesy, my friend.

There’s no way around the point…. it can never be the same thing as forcing somebody to change their religions.

People can debate whether or not it should be allowed, but nobody can claim that Christianity is being forced upon students in Oklahoma.

It’s no problem If a Muslim majority country was teaching the Quran to non-Muslim students.

Which Muslim majority country. Be specific. And then tell me why we should be more like them.

There’s nowhere around this point it can never be the same thing as forcing somebody to change their religions.

People can debate whether or not it should be allowed, but nobody can claim that Christianity is being forced upon students.

If you're forcing students in public schools to read your scriptures, you're forcing Christianity upon them.

Which is entirely the point. Christianity is dwindling in the US, with the percentage of young people embracing the religion steadily declining.

Which is why y'all want to force feed them your faith. It won't work. Its not exposure that your problem. Its how Christians act that turns folks off.

Like, say....forcing your religion on the unwilling.

Christianity is one of the top reasons why we exist in the USA. The greatest explorers such as Sir Francis Drake and Christopher Columbus were Christians. The very people who built the western Christian European world were largely Christian people. When can argue that we owe it to them and their faith to teach the Christian faith in public schools.

If I lived in Saudi Arabia, I would find a way to respect Islam ….☪️ Benefiting from a country should interest people and learning about that countries majority religion, and culture

Same thing for Israel and Judaism or India and Hinduism.

It’s a matter of common courtesy, showing respect for the majority culture and religion of the country that somebody is living in especially if it is a country like America that has a very successful history. A very strong middle-class. We’ve kind of lost a little bit today, but at least we had that in the 20th century.

Some of the kindest and most hospitable people of American history were Christians.

Think of people who donate to the poor. This has occurred all throughout Christian history, history. From the men and women of Europe, Africa, and all over the world Christian people have set up charities and hospitals and they have been motivated by Jesus to do so.

In the USA, we have freedom of religion and people can read the Quran or the Hindu Vedas if they want.

Some of the kindest and most hospitable people of American history were Christians. And think of people who donate to the poor. This is occurred all throughout Christian history, history. From the men and women of Europe, Africa, and all over the world Christian people have set up charities and hospitals, and they have been motivated by Jesus to do so.

Like Christopher Columbus, one of the exemplary Christians you cited earlier?

Forum List

Back