Should you be 21 to purchase a firearm?

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking
And getting off your parents damn insurance.

You’re 18. Time to grow up,
I agree. 18 for everything is my compromise. 16 would be more legit.

I have no problem with that.

I believe that is the age for purchasing handguns, why not all guns?

But then perhaps you should be 21 to enlist in the military as well...

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.
If your gonna go all out, quit half stepping. Add drivers liscensing as well. Cars kill more than all those on your list combined...

Yeah, but who wants to drive their damn kids around until they're 21? Maybe 18, but 21? Hard pass for me...
No, no, no... this isn’t about your convenience. This is about lives, and saftey. Right?

How many people do you think die at the hands of teen drivers?

An average of 9 daily, between ages 16-19. That’s not counting those killed by the teen drivers. Too many...

Sounds to me you're worrying about the wrong thing. You're much more likely to be killed by a teen driver than one who owns a gun.

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....
Fuck that shit. Over your dead body.

It will happen is just a matter of time.

You need three quarters of the vote in the House, three quarters of the vote in the Senate and then 2/3 of the states to ratify the end the amendment. Currently only 21% of the country wants a ban on all guns. There is no way that an amendment would get out of the House or Senate.

If your gonna go all out, quit half stepping. Add drivers liscensing as well. Cars kill more than all those on your list combined...

Yeah, but who wants to drive their damn kids around until they're 21? Maybe 18, but 21? Hard pass for me...
No, no, no... this isn’t about your convenience. This is about lives, and saftey. Right?

An average of 9 daily, between ages 16-19. That’s not counting those killed by the teen drivers. Too many...

Sounds to me you're worrying about the wrong thing. You're much more likely to be killed by a teen driver than one who owns a gun.

That’s the point...

Abolish 2nd amendment, crack down on the black market....and let's join the civilized world. Otherwise arm teachers, students, toddlers, doctors, firefighters, UFC fighters....

Ban the 1st Amendment too... words can hurt people...

What other rights are you willing to give up? Just the ones you choose not to exercise? Or just the ones your political rivals support?
Hate speech , yes of course...bullying ? That too.

What other rights are you willing to give up? Just the ones you choose not to exercise? Or just the ones your political rivals support?

Hate speech? Who defines what is hate speech?

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.
21 to vote

21 to drink.
21 to buy a firearm.
21 to enlist.

No no no... you don't get to pick and choose... ban the whole thing or nothing. You want to ban the whole of the 2nd, not just part of it, the whole thing.

When you don't whip a kids ass for being an idiot when they're younger you have to worry about stupid shit like them having guns and a drink at 21.

No no no... you don't get to pick and choose... ban the whole thing or nothing. You want to ban the whole of the 2nd, not just part of it, the whole thing.
I think that the banning of the 2nd amendment would not go as smoothly as the liberal weenies think it would. Even now Joe (The Groper) Biden, had said that if we was president(and sleeping) he would make every assault rifle illegal. Now we know liberals have a problem putting illegal in custody who break the law just coming here, so sleepy Joe wants to criminalize every law abiding citizen and what, send in the military to abscond of everyone's semi automatic weapons? Those who show up at my door, may not be able to breath after I get done with them.

When you don't whip a kids ass for being an idiot when they're younger you have to worry about stupid shit like them having guns and a drink at 21.

That and not teaching them to gracefully lose, that everyone gets a trophy bullshit fucked up a lot of kids.

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?

Sure...

If you should be 21 to vote.

18 is the legal age of adulthood and so technically it should be that too for firearm purchases I believe. There are many 18 year olds that are more mature than many 21 year olds just as there are many immature 18 year olds as well. I don't necessarily believe that age makes a dramatic difference for something like this.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right that can be denied to no one of adult age.

Thoughts/comments?

Actually, putting purchase aside for a moment, I think part of the problem is that boys used to be RAISED with guns! THey were given a BB gun as a boy and by the time they reached 12-14 years old were taken out target shooting and given the chance to learn to shoot a rifle. By the time they went to high school, they owned a rifle and often had them in the back window rifle rack of their truck!

They were taught that guns were no big thing and were used to them, comfortable around them, and had learned to respect them and handle them responsibly at an early age. So, I think it is less of an issue when you are allowed to buy your own and more an idea that we have removed all contact with firearms, indeed, are taught now to FEAR them, quite unlike how the Russians raise THEIR kids and last I checked, they didn't have any "gun issue:"

Quite the contrast with kids the same age in the USA today. Who do you think is better prepared to fight the other in a combat situation?

Forum List

Back