Should you be 21 to purchase a firearm?

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking
And getting off your parents damn insurance.

You’re 18. Time to grow up,
Comparing voting, the military, drugs, drinking, marriage, getting a loan, etc. to owning guns is a logical fallacy, a false equivalence. Only in owing a gun can a person go out and mow down dozens of people. None of those other things give a person easy access to a weapon that has only one purpose: to kill.
If a 19 year old bought an industrial lawn mower would he be able to "mow" people down?
You are not familiar with the vernacular term 'mow people down'? How funny. Per Webster's dictionary:
mow down
phrasal verb
mowed down; mowed down or mown down; mowing down; mows down
Definition of mow down
informal
: to kill or knock down (a person or many people) in a sudden and violent way The soldiers were mowed down by machine guns.

I know this raises larger questions about the age of majority, but it seems that allowing teenagers to purchase firearms is a really bad idea.

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Comparing voting, the military, drugs, drinking, marriage, getting a loan, etc. to owning guns is a logical fallacy, a false equivalence. Only in owing a gun can a person go out and mow down dozens of people. None of those other things give a person easy access to a weapon that has only one purpose: to kill.
Geebus you unhinged ass clown. It's the choices you make half wit. Not the tools.

In some states the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16. If you can vote in an election, you should be able to purchase a firearm.
'
Can't kill 50 people in ten minutes with a vote
They voted for Chairman Mao, he killed 10s of millions, are you saying that voting isnt deadly? I have to find your teacher and bitch slap her for making you stupid.

communism-statistics.jpg
Nobody voted for Mao dumbass

Yes, they did? When some asks, "Did you go to school stupid? You need to answer, "Yes, and I came out the same way!"

In some states the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16. If you can vote in an election, you should be able to purchase a firearm.
'
Can't kill 50 people in ten minutes with a vote
Putting voting on a par with owning a gun is asinine. You can't kill anyone with a vote. You can with a car, especially if you are drunk or stoned. You can kill with a gun. I believe in sane gun ownership laws, not in equating the ownership of a gun with military service, drinking or voting. It's a volunteer military. Many people use military service as a way of learning a skill, such as electronics or mechanics. They use military service as a way of getting college tuition paid for and no money down home mortgages. Being a vet leads to many opportunities. There are myriad reasons to allow 18 year old people in the military. There are no sane reasons at all to allow them to own guns. There should be age limits, background checks, mental health screenings, skill tests and licensing before anyone of any age is allowed to purchase a gun. At the very least, we should have similar requirements needed to own and drive a car: age limits, skills testing, and licensing.

At the age of 17, the US Navy handed me a .45 caliber pistol and trained me how to use it. Why should I have not been able to own one?

The biggest a-holes are men 18-24. Better to keep guns away from that demo.

Plus . An 18 yr old has a clear criminal slate cause his juvy record is sealed .
You want to lower the voting age to 16!!!

You're a gun-grabbing commie fuck. Don't try to bullshit me.

NOT ONE FUCKING INCH!!!!

Nutbars like you are why they will end up banned eventually.
I will bet everything I own that I can (and have) pass every mental health eval you can throw at me, bitch.

So again, fuck you. I dare you to try.

Forgive me for doubting that.

Never mind, don't bother.

If you answered them like you answer people here you'll be in the mental ward indefinitely.
You admitted that you think all gun owners are maniacs.

My work here is done.

What a stupid thing to say.

Why? Did you say something?

I bought a gun the day after my 18th birthday, but these may be different times.

21 isn't so bad, I guess.

Idk, dudes had guns in their trucks in the school parking lot in high school when I was there.

There were no mass shootings, but they did make a rule to where you could only have 2 in your 3-space gun rack instead of 3.

18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Most human brains do not mature until 25 or so. That is how we got 50,000 young people to sacrifice their lives in Viet Nam and dropped the voting age to 18 as a reward.
We didn't 'get' 50 thousand young people to die in Viet Nam: most were drafted. They had 3 choices: the military, prison, or leaving the country. As well, many were over the age of 25.

Most were drafted? Try 25% dumbass!

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Geebus you unhinged ass clown. It's the choices you make half wit. Not the tools.
Oh, yeah. Guns don't kill people, people do. Tell that to the loved ones of all the Americans killed in mass shootings. I'm sure they will be comforted.
There have now been more mass shootings across the U.S. than the number of days this year.

The three deadliest of 2019 are:

• El Paso. Texas, on August 3, in which 20 people were killed and another 26 were injured
  • Virginia Beach, Virginia, on May 31, in which 13 people were killed and another five were injured
  • Dayton, Ohio, on August 4, in which 10 people were killed and another 26 were injured.
Your asinine rhetoric serves only one purpose: to deny the reality of the issue of mass shootings and gun violence in America today. You would not be so blasé if it were you son, daughter, wife, sister, etc., who was murdered by a nutcase who had easy access to a military style gun. Or maybe you would. Maybe you are without human decency, maybe unable to connect to the horror we are witnessing and experiencing day after day. The completely pointless waste of human life. The hundreds of completely innocent people losing their lives every day because you people feel the need to bolster you weak manhood by owning such weapons.

18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Most human brains do not mature until 25 or so. That is how we got 50,000 young people to sacrifice their lives in Viet Nam and dropped the voting age to 18 as a reward.
We didn't 'get' 50 thousand young people to die in Viet Nam: most were drafted. They had 3 choices: the military, prison, or leaving the country. As well, many were over the age of 25.

You really are a dipshit. Pathetic.

I'm going to say no for the sake of not robbing the younger ones of some of the freedom I had.

We could do whatever we wanted, really.

I bought a gun the day after my 18th birthday because I could.

Just recently scoped it. I borrowed a friend's gun for hunting before..

18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

You really are a dipshit. Pathetic.

You get the figure wrong by a minimum of 26% because you are so inept and historically challenged, yet I am the dipshit?

STFU and Google the percentage of draftees that served in the Vietnam War.

A good number of my family served in that war and not a damn one was drafted!

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Oh, yeah. Guns don't kill people, people do. Tell that to the loved ones of all the Americans killed in mass shootings. I'm sure they will be comforted.
There have now been more mass shootings across the U.S. than the number of days this year.

• El Paso. Texas, on August 3, in which 20 people were killed and another 26 were injured
  • Virginia Beach, Virginia, on May 31, in which 13 people were killed and another five were injured
  • Dayton, Ohio, on August 4, in which 10 people were killed and another 26 were injured.
Your asinine rhetoric serves only one purpose: to deny the reality of the issue of mass shootings and gun violence in America today. You would not be so blasé if it were you son, daughter, wife, sister, etc., who was murdered by a nutcase who had easy access to a military style gun. Or maybe you would. Maybe you are without human decency, maybe unable to connect to the horror we are witnessing and experiencing day after day. The completely pointless waste of human life. The hundreds of completely innocent people losing their lives every day because you people feel the need to bolster you weak manhood by owning such weapons.

2018..... 12 mass public shootings.... 93 killed for the year...

Populaton of the U.s...... 320,000,000

Cars kill over 38,000 every year.

Pools kill over 3,500 every year......

You don't understand the issue

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

If not for real American men wielding such weapons, either your grammy would have been eaten by bears or wolves, or you'd be speaking either Russian, German, or Japanese right now, bitch. STFU!

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Here is the truth....

The anti-gun theory and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

So your argument wasn't that crime goes up, crime goes down....your theory, your argument is More Guns (regardless of any other factors) = More Gun Crime

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

The exact opposite of your theory happened....in science that means your theory is wrong.

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

If a 19 year old bought an industrial lawn mower would he be able to "mow" people down?
You are not familiar with the vernacular term 'mow people down'? How funny. Per Webster's dictionary:
mow down
phrasal verb
mowed down; mowed down or mown down; mowing down; mows down
Definition of mow down
informal
: to kill or knock down (a person or many people) in a sudden and violent way The soldiers were mowed down by machine guns.
So if a 19 year old riding an industrial lawn mower ran over people, would that me mowing people down? You seem not to know what sarcasm is.
Commercial-Mowers.jpg

Thoughts/comments?
18 for everything

Voting
Guns
Military
Drinking

Here is the truth....

The anti-gun theory and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

So your argument wasn't that crime goes up, crime goes down....your theory, your argument is More Guns (regardless of any other factors) = More Gun Crime

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

The exact opposite of your theory happened....in science that means your theory is wrong.
Of course those statistics dont add up in the inner cities controlled by Demonrats, because of their strict gun laws. No Gun zones at schools and movie theaters are also open seasons on innocent people, but alas, there are 3 types of people in the US right now.
1. Future victim of a crime.
2. Victim of a crime.
3. Conceal or open carry, not going to be a victim of a crime.

Forum List

Back