Show trial tonight

So this lists 45 states plus DC that made changes to election procedures in October. October, as in "October surprise?"

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but none of those changes were made in Oct of 2020.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but none of those changes were made in Oct of 2020.
You may well be right. That list came right after a list of court rulings that came in late October, so I carried that thought over to the next list. I don't know what month those changes were made, but all by two of them were done outside the requirement of the Constitution that state legislatures determine the manner of chusing electors.

Anyway, now you know why Trump supporters are not joining the "Biden is the legitimate president!" bandwagon.

Last edited:
I have done something like that, but not about fraud. I think you missed my point. I didn't say that any fraud had been proven.

I said there were changes in election procedures, not authorized by the constitution, using COVID as an excuse. Those changes were most often done by judges or election officials, rather than state legislatures as required by the constitution. I hope you will agree that that is a factual statement.

Those changes for the most part did two things: They made fraud easier, and they made it appear that making fraud easier was the point.

My research used websites that were either left-leaning or neutral. For example, ballotpedia lists the changes made:

Alabama3,814,879Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility requirements suspended, allowing all voters to cast ballots by mail in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Alaska551,562Witness requirement suspended.
Arizona5,638,481Voter registration deadline extended to October 15, 2020.
Arkansas2,317,649Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) and Secretary of State John Thurston (R) announced that voters in the November 3, 2020, general election would be allowed to cite concerns over COVID-19 as a valid excuse for voting absentee. Hutchinson subsequently issued an executive order formalizing this policy change.
California30,617,582Mail-in ballots sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed SB 423 into law, authorizing counties to consolidate polling places in the November 3, 2020, general election, among other modifications to administration procedures
Colorado4,499,217N/A
Connecticut2,837,847Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility extended to any voter in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Delaware770,192Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Florida17,247,808Voter registration deadline extended to October 6, 2020.
Georgia8,113,542N/A
Hawaii1,116,004N/A
Idaho1,338,864N/A
Illinois9,853,946Mail-in ballot applications sent to all registered voters in the November 3, 2020, general election who cast ballots in the 2018 general election, the 2019 consolidated election, or the 2020 primary election.
Indiana5,164,245N/A
Iowa2,428,229Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Kansas2,213,064N/A
Kentucky3,464,802Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility requirements suspended, allowing all voters "concerned with contracting or spreading COVID-19" to cast ballots by mail in the November 3, 2020, general election. Early voting available Monday through Saturday beginning October 13, 2020. Affidavit option for voter ID requirement implemented for the November 3, 2020, general election.
Louisiana3,561,164Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility extended to the following voters in the November 3, 2020 general election: those at higher risk because of serious medical conditions, those subject to a 'medically necessary quarantine or isolation order,' those advised by a health provider to self-quarantine, those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis, and those caring for an individual who is subject to a quarantine order and has been advised to self-quarantine.
Maine1,095,370The voter pre-registration deadline in the November 3, 2020, general election was extended to October 19, 2020.
Maryland4,710,993Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. State board of elections to operate a limited number of centralized voting centers in lieu of precinct polling places for in-person voting in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Massachusetts5,539,703Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility extended to all qualified voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Michigan7,842,924Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Minnesota4,336,475The absentee/mail-in ballot postmark deadline for the general election was extended to November 3, 2020. Witness requirements for absentee/mail-in ballots cast in the general election were suspended.
Mississippi2,277,566Absentee/mail-in ballot postmark deadline extended to November 3, 2020, for the November 3, 2020, election; receipt deadline extended to November 8, 2020. Absentee voting eligibility extended to individuals under physician-ordered quarantine and individuals caring for dependents under quarantine.
Missouri4,766,843Gov. Mike Parson (R) signed SB631 into law, permitting any registered voter to cast an absentee ballot in any 2020 election, subject to a notarization requirement. Individuals who have contracted COVID-19, and those who are at higher risk for contracting the virus, are exempted from the notarization requirement.
Montana840,190Counties authorized to send mail-in ballots automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Nebraska1,458,334Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Nevada2,387,517Mail-in ballots sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
New Hampshire1,104,458Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility in the November 3, 2020, general election extended to any voter who is unable to vote in person because of illness resulting from COVID-19 or 'who fears that voting in person may expose himself/herself or others to COVID-19.'
New Jersey6,943,612Mail-in ballots sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. Receipt deadline for ballots postmarked on or before Election Day extended to November 9, 2020. Receipt deadline for ballots without postmarks set as November 5, 2020.
New Mexico1,620,991Counties authorized to send mail-in ballot applications automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, election.
New York15,425,262Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility in the November 3, 2020, general election extended to any voter 'unable to appear personally at the polling place of the election district in which they are a qualified voter because there is a risk of contracting or spreading a disease causing illness to the voter or to other members of the public.' Online portal launched for absentee ballot requests in the November 3, 2020, general election. Absentee ballot return drop boxes available for the November 3, 2020, general election. Ballot curing provisions expanded.
North Carolina8,187,369Witness signature requirement for completed absentee ballots reduced from two to one for 2020 elections. Absentee/mail-in ballot receipt deadline extended to 5 p.m. on November 12, 2020, for ballots postmarked on or before Election Day. Karen Brinson Bell, the executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections, issued an emergency order mandating a number of modifications to in-person voting in the November 3, 2020, general election.
North Dakota581,891N/A
Ohio9,111,081Election officials required to accept absentee ballot applications submitted via fax or email.
Oklahoma3,004,733Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) signed SB210 into law, reinstating the absentee ballot notarization requirement struck down by the state supreme court on May 4, 2020. The legislation permitted voters to submit copies of their identification in lieu of having the ballot notarized in the event of a state of emergency occurring within 45 days of an election. The legislation also specified that individuals experiencing symptoms indicative of COVID-19, and individuals classified as vulnerable to infection, could cast an absentee ballot under the 'physical incapacitation' eligibility criterion.
Oregon3,351,175N/A
Pennsylvania10,167,376Prepaid return postage provided for mail-in and absentee ballots in the November 3, 2020, general election. Absentee/mail-in ballot receipt deadline extended to November 6, 2020 (with a postmark deadline of November 3, 2020, or no proof that the ballot was sent after that date). Drop boxes for returning completed absentee/mail-in ballots authorized.
Rhode Island854,866Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. Witness/notary requirements for mail-in ballots suspended for the November 3, 2020, general election.
South Carolina4,037,531Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility extended to all active registered voters in the November 3, 2020, general election. Prepaid postage provided for all returned ballots in the November 3, 2020, general election. In-person absentee voting (i.e., early voting) set to begin October 5, 2020, and end November 2, 2020.
South Dakota667,558N/A
Tennessee5,319,123Absentee/mail-in ballot eligibility in the November 3, 2020, general election extended to 'individuals with a special vulnerability to COVID-19' and 'caretakers for individuals with a special vulnerability to COVID-19.' Policy requiring that first-time voters to vote in person temporarily suspended.
Texas21,596,071Early voting period for the November 3, 2020, general election extended by six days to open on October 13, 2020, instead of October 19, 2020, as originally scheduled. Voters required to be notified if their absentee ballots might be rejected due to signature mismatch; officials required to give such voters a 'meaningful opportunity to cure' their ballots. Absentee/mail-in return locations limited to one per county.
Utah2,274,774Gov. Gary Herbert (R) signed legislation that made several changes to administration procedures for the November 3, 2020, general election (including the requirement that counties provide some form of in-person Election Day and early voting).
Vermont509,984Mail-in ballots sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Virginia6,674,671A federal court approved a partial settlement suspending the witness requirement for absentee ballots cast in the November 3, 2020, general election. Gov. Ralph Northam (D) signed into law legislation providing for the use of drop-boxes and prepaid absentee/mail-in ballot return postage in the November 3, 2020, general election. Voter registration deadline extended to October 15, 2020.
Washington5,951,832N/A
Washington, D. C.684,498Absentee/mail-in ballots sent automatically to all voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
West Virginia1,432,580Absentee/mail-in ballot eligibility in the November 3, 2020, general election extended to all voters 'concerns about their health and safety because of COVID-19.' Secretary of State Mac Warner (R) also announced the implementation of an online absentee/mail-in ballot request portal for the general election.
Wisconsin4,555,837Mail-in ballot applications sent automatically to most voters in the November 3, 2020, general election.
Wyoming445,025N/A

So this lists 45 states plus DC that made changes to election procedures in October. October, as in "October surprise?" The ones in the passive voice, were changes made by election officials. Only two of them did it the constitutional way, with legislatures passing new laws and governors signing them. Even at that, making such changes in October smacks of last minute rule changes to avoid a pending loss.

You are welcome to go line by line and say why each change was a good idea. But, they were still last-minute and done outside the constitution. Again, I favor making voting easier, even though that favors the party with the laziest voters. But only as long as we move to make cheating harder at the same time. Otherwise making voting easier makes cheating easier.

Many of those moves by judges and election officials could not have made cheating easier more effectively if they had been deliberately designed to do so. Especially the ones in which all voters were sent an absentee ballot. You really believe that none of those mass-mailed ballots were used fraudulently? Can I prove it? I don't know of many fraudsters who got caught. But then I don't know how hard those Democrat election officials were trying to catch them. Common sense tells you that mass mailing made fraud easier.

That's why Trump supporters are not eager to chant the required words, "the election was not stolen!" The open door to fraud, combined with the absurdity of such popular vote success - concentrated in swing states - of a man who "campaigned" by sitting in his basement and occasionally speaking at near-empty venues, while running against a man whose supporters flocked to every event he held. That really strains credulity.

If you don't want the GOP voters to think that your party cheats, tell your party to be scrupulous in avoiding the appearance of cheating, even if it means that they don't win every time.
No. I think we're fine with pointing and laughing at them. Who gives a shit what they believe or don't believe? It doesn't stop the world from revolving.

No. I think we're fine with pointing and laughing at them. Who gives a shit what they believe or don't believe? It doesn't stop the world from revolving.
That is pretty counter factual, give the number of threads on this forum in which Democrats are begging Trump supporters to agree with the select committee. Also that fact that Democrats, acting as news talking heads, constantly ask Republican guests to recite the pledge that the election was not stolen.

That is pretty counter factual, give the number of threads on this forum in which Democrats are begging Trump supporters to agree with the select committee. Also that fact that Democrats, acting as news talking heads, constantly ask Republican guests to recite the pledge that the election was not stolen.
What do pleas from other democrats on this board have to do with anything? You keep getting caught up in emotions and I'm talking facts. If bitch ass Republicans want to refuse the accept any election results going forward (Except of course for the elections they win) will that matter? Do their little feelings matter now?

What do pleas from other democrats on this board have to do with anything? You keep getting caught up in emotions and I'm talking facts. If bitch ass Republicans want to refuse the accept any election results going forward (Except of course for the elections they win) will that matter? Do their little feelings matter now?
You are not dealing with the fact the election was stolen and the results are not acceptable. Pretty shitty way to make the lie push the truth. You have failed.

You are not dealing with the fact the election was stolen and the results are not acceptable. Pretty shitty way to make the lie push the truth. You have failed.
I don't give a shit if you think it was stolen. More over I think if you think it was stolen and you are laying down and doing nothing about it, like a pussy, that is acceptable as well. Slightly less favorable an outcome than you trying to do something and getting yourself caught up on charges but I'll take the win. 😁

When the party you are trying to railroad committed no offense then do the dog and pony show over what he didn’t do that you feel he should have.
Lib 201 Media Course

When the party you are trying to railroad committed no offense then do the dog and pony show over what he didn’t do that you feel he should have.
Lib 201 Media Course
I didn't know Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger were lib democrats. 😄

Question is if you keep pushing out people who aren't as deplorable as whatever next bottom the Republican base descends to, will you have anybody left?

I didn't know Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger were lib democrats. 😄

Question is if you keep pushing out people who aren't as deplorable as whatever next bottom the Republican base descends to, will you have anybody left?
I don’t speak goat bleat

What do pleas from other democrats on this board have to do with anything?
Because you said "we're fine with pointing and laughing," not "I'm fine . . ."
You keep getting caught up in emotions and I'm talking facts. If bitch ass Republicans want to refuse the accept any election results going forward (Except of course for the elections they win) will that matter? Do their little feelings matter now?
Not much.Biden is still president and the Dems control both houses. So why all the whining about Reps who think the election was stolen? Why obsess over it if it doesn't matter?

Because you said "we're fine with pointing and laughing," not "I'm fine . . ."

Not much.Biden is still president and the Dems control both houses. So why all the whining about Reps who think the election was stolen? Why obsess over it if it doesn't matter?
Who's whining? You keep confusing me with someone else. Just because some Democrats might be pleading with you to act right that doesn't mean we all or, that I am. I'm not. In case you were confused. I'm with the group pointing and laughing.

Forum List

Back