Show trial tonight

Trump is the ultimate con man. As disgusting as I find his followers, I feel sorry for them. I think many are desperate, looking for hope. They are ripe for a con like Trump. Trump cons them with fake hope and uses a façade of patriotism,

Read the high points today because I refused to watch the show. Pretty piss poor for what is supposedly "closing arguments". There wasn't anything to actually counter that made the headlines. It's all just a clown show.
It has exposed the Trump clown show, for sure. The entire White House staff called Giuliani and friends as the clown show/crazies. Not the Democrats, Trump's staff. Explain that.

It has exposed the Trump clown show, for sure. The entire White House staff called Giuliani and friends as the clown show/crazies. Not the Democrats, Trump's staff. Explain that.
That is easily explained. They want the elites to like them. Fuck the American people. You people believe in garbage and lies.

John Danforth was right on about Hauling Ass Hawley. :dance:
295500152_495843445920993_8257064438540978543_n.jpg

You just explained it yourself. The partisan hearings are exposing the Trump & Co clown show for their political benefit, even though the Trump clown show broke no laws. So, the kangaroo hearings are nothing but a sham for purely political benefit of Democrats. In other words, a complete abuse of power solely for political gain.

Last edited:
The stuff covered last night has always been the key to me, because it pretty clearly demonstrates the one thing all the lawyers say is necessary: Intent. He had his staff pleading with him. He had his family pleading with him. He had his political allies pleading with him. He had his media allies pleading with him. And he steadfastly refused. It is clear that he wanted those people doing exactly what they were doing. He was only sorry he couldn't BE there as conquering hero.
First of all, nothing was "covered" by such a few short and highly selectively edited video clips of Trump allies introduced by speeches which were far longer than the clips themselves, and put the spin on them that the TDS committee want to put on them. We don't know what else people said to him at the time, and there was absolutely no cross-examination to test the veracity of what they say that they said.

Second, suppose they really did "plead" with him. What did they plead with him to do? Say that the election was NOT stolen and that he had been lying about that? Take all the blame for the riot itself? Tell his supporters to leave quick before Walmart closed? Nope.

Did they plead with him to speak against closing the border, or therapeutics for COVID, or putting American first, or re-opening drilling in the U.S.? No, they did not plead with Trump for any of those things.

All they asked (not pleaded, that's hype), was that he ask the rioters to stop rioting. Which he did. In short, they did not want him to stop being Trump, they just told him that he was Trump-ing it up a little too much that day. The American people realize that his policies were better for them than the Dems' more and more everyday, and we're not even to the midterms yet.

Trump-ism isn't dead, and neither is Trump. Dems might as well run Biden again in 2026, so someone expendable gets their ass handed to them. That ass-handing will be done either by Trump, or by DeSantis as a younger, better, version of Trump who will actually build the wall and never shut down his purview for COVID as Trump did. Maybe - I need a less likely word for maybe here - if the media starts grooming them right away, someone could get the nom instead. But it is hard to imagine the media grooming someone that the GOP voters would not hate. Like L. Cheney.

Maybe some of you Dems have a GOP candidate/Dem Candidate race in mind that would not be a 48 state landslide. If so, shout it out.

Lastamender thinks he is "American People". Lastamender is American trash, an American embarassment., a Trump trained monkey.
As opposed to you and your ilk who are just plain treasonous trash, traitorous embarrassments, and not even as intelligent as a newborn monkey. Dems are scum. This clown show just highlights it.

As opposed to you and your ilk who are just plain treasonous trash, traitorous embarrassments, and not even as intelligent as a newborn monkey. Dems are scum. This clown show just highlights it.
How many rounds did your boy get in today as the people that he "loves" are rotting in jail, Trump leg warmer?

• So, the kangaroo hearings are nothing but a sham for purely political benefit of Democrats.
  • In short, they did not want him to stop being Trump, they just told him that he was Trump-ing it up a little too much that day.
-----------------------------------------------------
First, I won't dispute IT's opinion that the descriptions of DonT's behavior by his own staffers and lawyers is accruing to the benefit of the Democrats.
But I'd submit that that is mostly an ancillary benefit. Not the intention. My take on it is those Republican staffers, lawyers, and campaign professionals are trying to launder their reputations and get on the right side of history. But....that is merely my opinion.

And then the observation by poster Flops that DonT was maybe "Trump-ing it up a little too much" on J6 resonates.
That 'too much' Trumpery evidently was too much for Rupert Murdoch.

This coverage is widespread today:

"Donald Trump has lost the confidence of both of the major newspapers owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation."

Under the headline, "The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6," The Wall Street Journal editorial board harshly criticized the former president.

"No matter your views of the Jan. 6 special committee, the facts it is laying out in hearings are sobering. The most horrifying to date came Thursday in a hearing on President Trump’s conduct as the riot raged and he sat watching TV, posting inflammatory tweets and refusing to send help," the editorial board wrote.

"The committee’s critics are right that it lacks political balance," the newspaper wrote. "Still, the brute facts remain: Mr. Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution, and he had a duty as Commander in Chief to protect the Capitol from a mob attacking it in his name. He refused. He didn’t call the military to send help. He didn’t call Mr. Pence to check on the safety of his loyal VP. Instead he fed the mob’s anger and let the riot play out."

The editorial concluded, "Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments about Murdoch's NYPost's editorial are in the following post.

From Murdoch's New York Post's editorial board under the headline, "Trump's silence on Jan. 6 is damning."

"As his followers stormed the Capitol, calling on his vice president to be hanged, President Donald Trump sat in his private dining room, watching TV, doing nothing. For three hours, seven minutes," the editorial board wrote.

"There has been much debate over whether Trump’s rally speech on Jan. 6, 2021, constituted “incitement.” That’s somewhat of a red herring. What matters more — and has become crystal clear in recent days — is that Trump didn’t lift a finger to stop the violence that followed," the NY Post wrote. "And he was the only person who could stop what was happening. He was the only one the crowd was listening to. It was incitement by silence."

The tabloid concluded he is unfit for office.

"His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power.

There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence," the newspaper wrote. "It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again."

----------------------------------------------

I wonder how Murdoch's Fox News will treat DonT's behavior?

Forum List

Back