Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol!! take a breath yourself!! i'm not throwing my hands up; certainly not on account of your argument here. you clearly cant articulate your own cause; and i dont feel likely to change your mind; and since i dont have all day; i choose to disengage.. it's hilarious how self-impressed you are; and for no good reason at all. Try answering or even responding to the post of the other one here who ripped you to shreds a minute ago.

you're funny!

Looking for help from another person is about the saddest thing you can do when trying to articulate your position. The other poster has been relegated to the sidelines in this because he did what you are on the verge of doing. You cannot debate the facts and will not address them. Because of that you have been reduced to name calling and bringing up side issue that have nothing to do with the facts. Dont avoid them embrace them and prove your position to be correct. Getting frustrated only makes you unworthy of further debate with me.

yawn
I DONT NEED HELP FROM ANOTHER; i made my case on my own. just as you arent man or woman enough to acknoweldge i did; i doubt you have what it takes to even try to answer that post

The only case you have made is that you disagree. Thats not really a case at all. Thats a position. On what grounds do you disagree? How are those grounds valid? You know. Support your position.

lol!! take a breath yourself!! i'm not throwing my hands up; certainly not on account of your argument here. you clearly cant articulate your own cause; and i dont feel likely to change your mind; and since i dont have all day; i choose to disengage.. it's hilarious how self-impressed you are; and for no good reason at all. Try answering or even responding to the post of the other one here who ripped you to shreds a minute ago.

you're funny!

i never mentioned the method of how money would be put to use; "wisely" or otherwise...... straw man.

your point that the money 'should have been paid" remains unproven; as does your notion that since it didnt get paid; you should be the one to get it now.

in other words.......................EPIC FAIL

There you go. Now you are debating a point. So your contention is that reparations should have never been paid? i want to make sure we have this down right before going any further.

1. IF REPARATIONS are to be; or should have been paid; it should have been by African nations or individuals. that you are "cool" with them is pointless.

2. you dont deserve anything;

i've explained both of these points; you're a coward in my humble opinion who cant admit he's wrong; or not made his or her case

Looking for help from another person is about the saddest thing you can do when trying to articulate your position. The other poster has been relegated to the sidelines in this because he did what you are on the verge of doing. You cannot debate the facts and will not address them. Because of that you have been reduced to name calling and bringing up side issue that have nothing to do with the facts. Dont avoid them embrace them and prove your position to be correct. Getting frustrated only makes you unworthy of further debate with me.

yawn
I DONT NEED HELP FROM ANOTHER; i made my case on my own. just as you arent man or woman enough to acknoweldge i did; i doubt you have what it takes to even try to answer that post

The only case you have made is that you disagree. Thats not really a case at all. Thats a position. On what grounds do you disagree? How are those grounds valid? You know. Support your position.

1. on the grouds that your beef lies with Africa; i said this already. you're "cool' with them is irrelevant.. you're a joke

yawn

i supported my positions this way:

1. YOU dont deserve anything; because you have suffered no harm
2. your beef lies with Africans who sold your ancesters

position supported

go cry

i never mentioned the method of how money would be put to use; "wisely" or otherwise...... straw man.

your point that the money 'should have been paid" remains unproven; as does your notion that since it didnt get paid; you should be the one to get it now.

in other words.......................EPIC FAIL

There you go. Now you are debating a point. So your contention is that reparations should have never been paid? i want to make sure we have this down right before going any further.

1. IF REPARATIONS are to be; or should have been paid; it should have been by African nations or individuals. that you are "cool" with them is pointless.

2. you dont deserve anything;

i've explained both of these points; you're a coward in my humble opinion who cant admit he's wrong; or not made his or her case

1. Why should it have only been paid by African nations? Are you saying that being a co-conspirator in a crime is not a crime? Are you saying that continuing to enslave multiple generations of the original stolen goods not a crime?

2. Why dont I deserve anything if my ancestors were never paid reparations?

yawn

1. on the grouds that your beef lies with Africa; i said this already. you're "cool' with them is irrelevant.. you're a joke

But I told you my beef does not lie with Africa. How are you going to tell me who my beef lies with? :lol:

"In 1999, the African World Reparations and Repatriation Truth Commission called for "the West" to pay $777 trillion to Africa within five years. Note that the gross domestic product of all countries in the world was somewhat more than 70 Trillion in 2011, in other words these claims amount to the value of over 10 years production of goods and services of the entire planet."

That's pretty laughable. So what's your number?

Interesting bit of information. Sounds about right to me but what does that have to do with reparations being paid to the descendants of slaves here in the US? This is what i mean by the inability to focus. The issue is reparations for the descendents of slaves here in the US. Thats it. Thats all. If you agree it has merit we can throw around figures. If you dont then its a waste of both of our times.
Give me a figure and I'll tell you if you have a chance. Like, if it's $100, that's probably do-able. If it's $1 billion each, then probably not. I need to know if I/we can even be in the ballpark, and if your figure isn't realistic, then probably your arguments for it aren't either.

Still waiting for your number..

yawn

position supported

go cry

Your position is not supported by conjecture. We need provable facts. Thats how you support your position.

reparations should not be paid .......................to you

reparations should not be paid by the US government for something that was legal at the time

first and foremost your ancesters were captured and sold by other members of your own family; tribe; or neighboring peoples.

but you're "COOL WITH' them is not going to cut it

lol

position supported

go cry

Your position is not supported by conjecture. We need provable facts. Thats how you support your position.

you have provided no provable facts; how can you ask them of others?

Interesting bit of information. Sounds about right to me but what does that have to do with reparations being paid to the descendants of slaves here in the US? This is what i mean by the inability to focus. The issue is reparations for the descendents of slaves here in the US. Thats it. Thats all. If you agree it has merit we can throw around figures. If you dont then its a waste of both of our times.
Give me a figure and I'll tell you if you have a chance. Like, if it's $100, that's probably do-able. If it's $1 billion each, then probably not. I need to know if I/we can even be in the ballpark, and if your figure isn't realistic, then probably your arguments for it aren't either.

Still waiting for your number..

Keep waiting. I already informed you that I dont discuss money until the details are worked out.

position supported

go cry

you have provided no provable facts; how can you ask them of others?
but I did. You just ignored them.

But I told you my beef does not lie with Africa. How are you going to tell me who my beef lies with? :lol:

i'm not telling you; the facts point there.

lol

keep trying......................

i provided more facts than you did;

that your ancesters were sold to slave traders; PRIVATE slave traders, not the US government, by your own people. that is an undeniable fact.

that you have suffered nothing that you can quantify or prove; FACT

why are you crying about facts when you've offered none?

reparations should not be paid by the US government for something that was legal at the time

first and foremost your ancesters were captured and sold by other members of your own family; tribe; or neighboring peoples.

lol

Repartions are not based on legality. They are based on righting a wrong. Look up the etymology of reparations. It literally means to repair a wrong.

I already explained that reparations from the African countries have already been set up. The US is a co-conspirator in this. I'm not concerned with what you think "cuts it". I am just providing facts. Africa has nothing to do with US reparations. Lets stay on point here.

announcing that you're "cool" with the party that aggreived you (supposedly) and that you want somebody else to pay; isnt providing facts

what a joke you are!

lol

Repartions are not based on legality. They are based on righting a wrong. Look up the etymology of reparations. It literally means to repair a wrong.

I already explained that reparations from the African countries have already been set up. The US is a co-conspirator in this. I'm not concerned with what you think "cuts it". I am just providing facts. Africa has nothing to do with US reparations. Lets stay on point here.

you were wronged by your own peeps; not the US government

try again

i provided more facts than you did;

that your ancesters were sold to slave traders; PRIVATE slave traders, not the US government, by your own people. that is an undeniable fact.

that you have suffered nothing that you can quantify or prove; FACT

why are you crying about facts when you've offered none?

You havent provide even one fact concerning US reparations. If I missed it point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back