Stop Antisemitism

According to the Israeli official, Hamas fighters were also offered explicit training on explosives engineering through the university program — training that was likely provided by the #IRGCterrorists." 2/2

Would note this is consistent with previous instruction. Iran's regime and its proxies have trained #Hamas operatives in suicide bombings and explosives for years. Its late bombmaker Yahya Ayyash was mentored by #Hezbollah.

[ Christian upbringing, Christian extremism where Jews and Israel do not have rights. They, the Christians, are the victims, just like the Palestinians and other Muslims. Victims of Jews]

Israeli left-wing supporters are in shock. The day after the massacre they discovered that worldwide left-wing activists had abandoned them. The so-called shared values, say, against infanticide, against rape, against burning people, proved to be very flexible for the Western left, and within a week of the massacre, their stance turned into a united attack against the right of the State of Israel to exist. If it weren't sad, it would be entertaining.

The global Left turned out to be very progressive in its antisemitism. In the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, for example, many were deeply offended. There are many editorials from left-wing supporters explaining their disappointment with the global left-wing community. Suddenly they discovered that Western universities are a poison swamp and of twisted incitement against Jews in the name of universal justice.

This leads us to the most-watched sketch on "Eretz Nehederet" history (the Israeli version of Saturday Night Live). The sketch depicts queer students from Columbia University protesting with a Palestinian flag wrapped in a pride flag. This could have been something on "Latma" (a right-wing satirical news show) a decade ago.

After seeing the sketch, I tweeted that if a month and a half ago I had appeared in a monologue on TV with an LGBT and Palestinian flag – I would have been slaughtered. The truth is that it is frustrating: No matter how many articles have been written about the sick woke culture and about the campuses that had become addicted to anti-Western theories and no matter how many clips we bring showing the destructive progressive mutation – the Israeli Left continued to call the Right fascists, messianic, homophobes, etc.

Then comes someone from the same ideology who curses us, the progressive Muli Segev who creates the content for "Eretz Nehederet," and says the same things that we said, and does not admit that he is actually part of the same global problem, with the same progressive disease that had taken over the Left. During Operation Cast Lead, "Eretz Nehederet" gave then-IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi a Phosphoric Globe Award as a means of criticizing the military for killing children. If Israel's "flagship TV program" said this – what do you want from ignorant students in LA?

(full article online)

The population of Israel is about 10 million. This represents about half of the world’s Jewish people.

The founding idea of modern Israel was to offer a sanctuary for Jews in their biblical home in the Middle East, in the aftermath of Nazi Germany’s mass murder of 6 million Jews.

Yet currently, 78 years after the Holocaust, anti-Israel protestors throughout the Middle East, the great cities of the Western world, and iconic American universities chant death threats and “Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.” Their signature slogan is shorthand for the erasure of the Jewish state and everyone in it.

There would currently be zero chance that Jews could live peaceably under any current Middle Eastern government. In the postwar era, nearly a million Jews were persecuted, ethnically cleansed, and forcibly expelled from all the major Arab countries — Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Morocco, Syria, and Yemen — despite hundreds of years of residence.

Anti-Israel hatred still remains a staple in most of the nearly 500-million-person Arab world, and indeed is commonplace among the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims and their countries at the United Nations.

And Israel is only one of a number of small, vulnerable states. Most of them are in the volatile Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East. Hostile neighbors surround all. The others have also suffered a long history of persecution and periodic genocide — catastrophes that are not necessarily permanently relegated to their ancient pasts.

Bitter proxy fighting between Armenian- and Azerbaijan-allied forces in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh corridor recently ended with the defeat of Armenian supported forces. As a result, shortly before the Hamas massacre of Jews on October 7, some 120,000 Christian ethnic Armenians were expelled from the region by Muslim and Turkish-speaking Azerbaijan.

This current ethnic cleansing in Nagorno-Karabakh comes a little more than a century after the Turkish genocide of Armenians that led to more than 1 million people being driven out of their ancestral homes and slaughtered.

Christian Armenia, with only 3 million inhabitants, is even smaller than Israel. And it is nearly surrounded by hostile Muslim states. As in the case of Israel, the world mostly either ignores the old, familiar brutal scenario, now recurring with the same aggressive players — or does not care.

Christian Greece — a NATO and European Union member — also is similar to Israel in being relatively small, with a population of 10.5 million. For more than 400 years, Greece was occupied by Ottoman Turkey. Roughly a century ago, Turkish forces ethnically cleansed Greeks from ancient Ionia and its capital of Smyrna – a homeland of Greek peoples for millennia.

Like Armenia, it shares a border with its historical aggressor Turkey. Greek islands off the coast of Asia minor are currently subject to constant overflights by Turkish military jets. To Greece’s north are the historically volatile Balkans. Across the Mediterranean lie a number of often violent and unstable North African nations, the frequent source of massive, destabilizing illegal immigration into Greece.

Tiny Cyprus is another equally vulnerable nation. Cypriot history is one of constant invasion and occupation. Most recently, Cyprus was forcibly divided into Greek and Turkish states in 1974, after Turkey invaded and expelled some 200,000 Greeks from their centuries-old homes in the north of the island.

And all these small nations’ vulnerabilities are neither abstract theory, nor ancient history. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, for example, has recently weighed in on the tensions currently buffeting them all.

With apprehensions rising over Turkish violations of Greek air space in the Aegean, Erdogan has threatened to send a shower of missiles into Athens: “We can come down suddenly one night when the time comes.”

Erdogan also recently bullied Israel with nearly the same warning of a preemptive nocturnal Turkish missile attack, bragging that Turkey could “come at any night unexpectedly.” He also has ominously weighed in on the October 7 massacres and the Israeli response to it in Gaza: “We will tell the whole world that Israel is a war criminal. We are making preparations for this.”

Of the recent expulsion of the Armenians and the war in Nagorno-Karabakh, Erdogan also boasted, “We will continue to fulfill this mission which our grandfathers have carried out for centuries in the Caucasus region.” Apparently, Erdogan was referring both to the Ottoman conquest of Armenia and to the later Turkish efforts in the early 20th century to ethnically cleanse Armenia of Armenians.

In all these cases, small and vulnerable countries hold transparent elections and ensure individual rights — in stark contrast to their larger and more aggressive neighbors. Their very continued existences hinge on Western alliances and support – from the European Union, from NATO, and especially from the United States.

In the past, they all suffered catastrophes because they differed from their neighbors in ethnicity, religion, and history — and were seen as either expendable or irrelevant to their supposed allies and patrons in the West.

If we are not careful, what supposedly cannot happen again, most surely will.

Rethinking Schools, a radical activist outfit established in 1986, whose products are used by 200,000 teachers and are on university reading lists, asserts that educators have a “moral and educational responsibility” to join and teach about “the movement to boycott, divest from, and sanction Israel.”

Also, a wing of Rethinking Schools, the Zinn Education Project,which has developed history curricula since 2008, is used by 155,000 teachers nationwide. On October 10, the organization declared that the terror, violence, murder, and rape we’ve seen in the past week “is the direct result of decades of Israeli occupation.”

In Oakland, the teachers union has accused Israel of carrying out genocide and ethnic cleansing. The teachers union in Seattle passed a resolution in 2021 supporting the same lie. In Virginia, a school board member in Fairfax County has, under the banner of culturally responsive pedagogy, pushed for an explicitly anti-Israeli curriculum.

Also, Black Lives Matter, which has had success infiltrating our public schools, insists that the recent events in the Middle East are a “direct result of decades of Israeli settler colonialism, land dispossession, occupation, blockade, apartheid, and attempted genocide of millions of Palestinians.”

Then there are the colleges. The colleges! Yes, the same cohort of far-left, cultural ignoramuses who can’t define what a woman is and offers classes like “Queering Menstruation” and “Anal 101” are now, not surprisingly, weighing in on the Middle East.

In addition to Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion tenets have become de rigeuron college campuses. The DEI-ists see everything in black and white, labeling white people as oppressors and blacks as the oppressed. While DEI typically concerns itself with USA issues, Israel, too, is on the hook, being tarred as a bastion of Jewish whiteness with a racist commitment to shattering the lives of Palestinians, who are considered people of color.

Tabia Lee, a former collegiate DEI director, explains that DEI drives campus antisemitism. She once hosted Jewish speakers on campus with the goal of “promoting diversity and inclusion by sharing different perspectives.” But she was deemed not radical enough, and was told in no uncertain terms that Jews are “white oppressors” and that it was her job to “decenter whiteness.”

At UCLA, immediately after the onset of the invasion, professors gave extra credit to students for attending a “teach-in” pushing anti-Israel propaganda. In New York, the president of NYU’s Student Bar Association wrote that “Israel bears full responsibility for this tremendous loss of life.”

In tune with the regnant campus zeitgeist, 34 student groups at Harvard pledged their support to Hamas. At Columbia, 20 campus groups signed a statement “condoning and justifying Hamas’s atrocities against Jews,” describing the wholesale slaughter of infants and children and the rape of women as “resistance,” all the while blaming Israel and America for the violence.

At UC-Berkeley, a statement from Bears for Palestine and signed by 25 on-and-off campus organizations, brazenly declared their support for slaughter of the Jews. “We invariably reject Israel’s framing as a victim” said the statement which also argued that “[O]ur people’s freedom will not be attainable without revolution,” adding, “We support the resistance, we support the liberation movement, and we indisputably support the Uprising.”

Sadly, activity on campuses isn’t limited to groups issuing statements. At the University of Pennsylvania, dozens of flyers depicting the names and faces of the victims that Hamas kidnapped were torn down around campus shortly after being put up. At Drexel University in Philadelphia, an assailant set a Jewish student’s dorm room door on fire. A Jewish student was beaten at Columbia, and Jewish students at Cooper Union had to take shelter in a library to escape a mob chanting, “Free Palestine!” And a student at Cornell threatened to shoot, stab, rape, and slit the throats of his Jewish classmates, prompting classes to be canceled.

There are many things we can do to mitigate the rising tide of Jew hatred – and all the other kinds of bilge that proliferates in our colleges these days. First, wealthy people must stop giving money to colleges that engage in Jew hatred and other forms of extremism, and this is indeed happening. Fox News reports,“Billionaires are pulling back on donations to leading Ivy League colleges amid allegations of antisemitism and anti-Israel sentiment that have become more visible in the wake of Hamas’ terror attack on Israel.”

Additionally – and this is no easy task – we must get the government out of funding private colleges. (The same crowd that reviles public money going to private schools on the K-12 level in the form of vouchers seems to have no problem with government money flowing into private colleges.) At this time, there are about 4,000 for-profit colleges in the U.S., and they receive the great majority of federal donations for higher education – which is about $201 billion. In fact, there are only 22 colleges in the country that refuse any public funds.

The government should also get out of the student loan business. At this time, the student loan nut is a staggering $1.75 trillion, about 92% of which comes from the feds.

Parents must do their share by not sending their children to a K-12 school or college that subsidizes Jew hatred. Unless your kid absolutely needs a college degree for a chosen career, let them skip the indoctrination-centric universities and join an apprentice program. At this time, the number of apprentices registered with the Department of Labor has surpassed 607,000, which is more than double the numberthat existed in 2013.

Teachers can do their share by not teaching any curricula that is anti-Jewish or bigoted toward any other group, for that matter. They also should quit their union – like the one in Oakland – if it is openly bigoted against Jews.

While the deaths of 1,400 people is a devastating tragedy, if we don’t learn from our mistakes, we will be doomed to ongoing savagery. Please think about what you can do to stanch the ugliness that is festering in our midst.

2 Jews driving into the mob. We had no idea what was or wasn’t going to happen. So we feigned support with those who want us dead.This week I nearly put an Israeli flag in the car window as I refuse to cower.Imagine if I had actually done that?

Monday I told Mrs N that I wanted to put an Israeli flag sticker on the car. As a sign of normality (many did that for Ukraine) & to show we weren’t cowering.Mrs N put her foot down & said “hell no”.Imagine how this evening could have played out had I not had her wise counsel

We felt intimidated - no question. We didn’t know how it was going to go. Hence we smiled & gave them the thumbs up.We smiled at those cheering for Hamas, who killed a relative of my wife last weekend.

Last edited:
As a Muslim feminist, I made a pilgrimage today to the #RallyForIsrael on the Mall and then the White House. I plucked the sign I appreciated the most: “Free Palestinians from Hamas.”

When I was at the White House there last, I was pinned with my back against the iron fence of the White House, a raging #WokeArmy of leftists and Islamists shouting war cries of “From the river to the sea, Palestine is Arab,” blood-lust in the air, keffiyehs masking faces. Red and black.

It was a different scene today: faces visible, sobriety, somberness. Blue and white.

The psychology is so different and it pains me to remember the way ideologues and extremists whipped young Muslim kids in America even into a dangerous frenzy. And how they continue to foment rage with cries of “Allahu Akbar.”

Both days, I wore my uniform since Oct. 7: the Israel Defense Forces hoodie I purchased at a Palestinian second-hand shop in the West Bank, my newspaper jacket and the rational thought inherited from my parents.

In the @TheMuslimReform
, we say we must free Palestinians from Hamas. We must free Muslims from Hamas. We must free Muslims from extremism. So we can embrace peace. And express an Islam of grace. And create a world of grace.

Shadow Home Affairs and Cyber Security Minister James Paterson feels Australian laws against discrimination have not been enforced “sufficiently” in the wake of the Israel-Hamas war.

The Senator told Sky News Australia how the case of a Western Sydney business allegedly denying a Jewish school a jumping castle serves as an example.“I think it’s a very clear case of anti-Semitism, I mean what kind of person that runs a business that rents out jumping castles and decides that it doesn’t want to rent them to Jewish children, simply because they are Jewish, I mean that is absolutely abhorrent and disgusting behaviour.”

“There are laws against this though, anti-discrimination legislation does prevent this kind of discrimination based on race and religion.“Frankly during these conflicts so far, I don’t think the laws we already have on the books have been enforced sufficiently.”

According to the Daily Telegraph, Masada College on Sydney's north shore had requested a quote for a jumping castle from 'Western Sydney Jump'.

The business owner reacted to the request on Instagram where he wrote, “There’s no way I’m taking a Zionist booking.”

Forum List

Back