Taxing The Rich

Trump had a full republican government for 2 years and increased deficits.

Just like the increased deficits under the Democrat House. You want to pay for it? So do I. Support my idea of a national consumption tax so we all pay for it. You have my support.
No you don't, you are happy with increased spending and a TAX CUT! Trump just put it on the credit card and you couldn't be happier. That's what repubs always do. Cut tax, increase military spending, drastically increase DEBT. You goons are worse than dems. They at least try to pay for the spending. Trump didn't bother and increased deficits every single year even during a strong economy. If you cared about being responsible you couldn't be a republican and certainly not a trumper.
When the democrats present a balanced budget where spending matches revenue, I'll believe they want to pay for things. When democrats don't immediately spend more than projected new revenues from a big tax hike, I'll believe they want to pay for things. When democrats stop claiming a 7% instead of a 9% increase is a draconian cut, I'll believe they want to pay for things. Face it, you've bought their baloney because they don't want to pay for things, they just want to spend, because spending = votes to democrat voters.
I’m not saying they are great, just that repubs are worse. Repubs get their spending and tax cuts. Could you imagine dems offering free healthcare and tax cuts? Then they would be as irresponsible as repubs.
Let's see what kind of budgets the democrats offer. If any program actually sees a decrease in funding year over year and not just a shift to another identical program, I will be amazed. If they propose a tax increase and the budget deficit doesn't grow anyway, I will be amazed. Actions speak louder than words, and democrats love to spend. The closest we came in recent history to a balanced budget came from a Republican Congress and a democrat president pragmatic enough to triangulate against his own party.
It’s likely deficits will shrink since well trump has been the worst. I thought Obama was bad, then Trump quickly increased deficits during a strong economy. But Biden is inheriting a disaster like Obama did so he’s in a tough spot.
Nope, Obama inherited an actual recession. Biden is not. He has a challenge ahead of him, but the economy is not in a free fall. A lot depends on how quickly he can open things back up, knowing that sooner or later every person in the nation will be exposed to the Corona virus and he can't prevent that.

I can see the narrative forming now. No matter how long it takes, "Biden inherited something so awful he just can't make it better". Obama got the same treatment for 8 years, and with Trump it was, "He inherited something so great he didn't have to do anything". Amazing how it flicks back and forth like that depending on who is in office and how the economy is doing.
Yes we are in a recession. Trump drastically increased deficits. More states are closing cause months into the pandemic it is worse than ever. Unemployment is very high. You live under a rock?
So explain to me how this works, Brain! You've got a State like New York that's led by a Democratic Governor with it's largest city run by a Democratic Mayor! You had some of the most draconian shut downs enacted anywhere in the country in New York City! Yet here we are seeing a spike in New York City that threatens them once again? But you blame Trump? The truth is...the only thing that will save New York City from the bumbling idiots who run it are the vaccines that Trump fast tracked! Yet Cuomo doesn't want anyone taking those vaccines until Trump leaves office? Can you believe that asshole took that stance after killing tens of thousands of New Yorkers with his nursing home policy?

I did not and do not argue that local militia or national guard is all the Constitution allows. A small professional army and preparedness to defend ourselves is of course necessary. But we are not defending ourselves. I am in favor of a draft and citizen soldiers. Instead we have a worldwide imperialist empire and a far flung mercenary-like military that absorbs a huge part of our productive and political energy, wrecks havoc in other countries, and which the MIC and other U.S. corporations regularly abuse.

I think that defending this country is much different today than defending our country several hundred years ago. We don't wait until our enemies land on shore and go to battle. Our military is all over the world, and I'm sure there is a good enough reason for it. I don't get too involved in studying our military strategy, but what I do know is that presidents on both sides support their actions.
A draft is a terrible idea because you can't make everybody a solder. One of the reasons our military is great is because we only have people with the inclination to do the work. You can't make everybody a military man no more than you can turn a scientist into a pro football player, or a lawn care guy into an engineer. We are all geared for certain things in life. Years ago I used to teach music part time at a music store. I thought I could teach anybody how to be a great guitarist. What I found is that some people, no matter how hard they tried, just didn't have the ability to do it.
And you don’t care about increasing spending and deficits cause you got a tax cut. You are irresponsible, we get it.

Who has more deaths? We just hit 250k. It’s a disgrace the richest country with the most expensive healthcare is doing so poorly.

That's because we are a country of 340 million people. That's why. Per capita, we come in at eighth, and we count Covid deaths that weren't really Covid deaths at all.

And you don’t care about increasing spending and deficits cause you got a tax cut. You are irresponsible, we get it.

I never said I don't care about spending or deficits. I said I approve of spending on things related to the Constitution.

Just like the increased deficits under the Democrat House. You want to pay for it? So do I. Support my idea of a national consumption tax so we all pay for it. You have my support.
No you don't, you are happy with increased spending and a TAX CUT! Trump just put it on the credit card and you couldn't be happier. That's what repubs always do. Cut tax, increase military spending, drastically increase DEBT. You goons are worse than dems. They at least try to pay for the spending. Trump didn't bother and increased deficits every single year even during a strong economy. If you cared about being responsible you couldn't be a republican and certainly not a trumper.
When the democrats present a balanced budget where spending matches revenue, I'll believe they want to pay for things. When democrats don't immediately spend more than projected new revenues from a big tax hike, I'll believe they want to pay for things. When democrats stop claiming a 7% instead of a 9% increase is a draconian cut, I'll believe they want to pay for things. Face it, you've bought their baloney because they don't want to pay for things, they just want to spend, because spending = votes to democrat voters.
I’m not saying they are great, just that repubs are worse. Repubs get their spending and tax cuts. Could you imagine dems offering free healthcare and tax cuts? Then they would be as irresponsible as repubs.
Let's see what kind of budgets the democrats offer. If any program actually sees a decrease in funding year over year and not just a shift to another identical program, I will be amazed. If they propose a tax increase and the budget deficit doesn't grow anyway, I will be amazed. Actions speak louder than words, and democrats love to spend. The closest we came in recent history to a balanced budget came from a Republican Congress and a democrat president pragmatic enough to triangulate against his own party.
It’s likely deficits will shrink since well trump has been the worst. I thought Obama was bad, then Trump quickly increased deficits during a strong economy. But Biden is inheriting a disaster like Obama did so he’s in a tough spot.
Nope, Obama inherited an actual recession. Biden is not. He has a challenge ahead of him, but the economy is not in a free fall. A lot depends on how quickly he can open things back up, knowing that sooner or later every person in the nation will be exposed to the Corona virus and he can't prevent that.

I can see the narrative forming now. No matter how long it takes, "Biden inherited something so awful he just can't make it better". Obama got the same treatment for 8 years, and with Trump it was, "He inherited something so great he didn't have to do anything". Amazing how it flicks back and forth like that depending on who is in office and how the economy is doing.
Yes we are in a recession. Trump drastically increased deficits. More states are closing cause months into the pandemic it is worse than ever. Unemployment is very high. You live under a rock?
So explain to me how this works, Brain! You've got a State like New York that's led by a Democratic Governor with it's largest city run by a Democratic Mayor! You had some of the most draconian shut downs enacted anywhere in the country in New York City! Yet here we are seeing a spike in New York City that threatens them once again? But you blame Trump? The truth is...the only thing that will save New York City from the bumbling idiots who run it is the vaccines that Trump fast tracked! Yet Cuomo doesn't want anyone taking those vaccines until Trump leaves office? Can you believe that asshole took that stance after killing tens of thousands of New Yorkers with his nursing home policy?
He left an international pandemic to the states. Giant failure. My state was ok and the one next door bad. They closed down. Suddenly people from that state flooded mine to avoid the shut downs. My state got worse, go figure.

Who has more deaths? We just hit 250k. It’s a disgrace the richest country with the most expensive healthcare is doing so poorly.

That's because we are a country of 340 million people. That's why. Per capita, we come in at eighth, and we count Covid deaths that weren't really Covid deaths at all.
You are proud of 8th when there are over 200 countries? MAGA!

Unemployment has been decreasing for the last couple of months. People are still buying houses. The stock market is doing just fine. Several manufacturers announced their vaccine is just about ready to go. But of course when things get better, you will not give Trump an ounce of credit. You'll be saying this all had to do with Creepy Joe's plans.
What has Trump done? Pandemic getting worse and worse and he does nothing.
You mean other than fast tracking the vaccines...using the War Powers Act to build so many ventilators we're now supplying the rest of the world and redoing our supply chain so we don't depend on China for personal protection equipment?

What has Cuomo and De Blasio done about the pandemic in New York?

So explain to me how this works, Brain! You've got a State like New York that's led by a Democratic Governor with it's largest city run by a Democratic Mayor! You had some of the most draconian shut downs enacted anywhere in the country in New York City! Yet here we are seeing a spike in New York City that threatens them once again? But you blame Trump? The truth is...the only thing that will save New York City from the bumbling idiots who run it are the vaccines that Trump fast tracked! Yet Cuomo doesn't want anyone taking those vaccines until Trump leaves office? Can you believe that asshole took that stance after killing tens of thousands of New Yorkers with his nursing home policy?
Population density could account for it; that, and right wingers claiming the pandemic is a Hoax and going to superspreader events maskless.

The same thing happened with the Spanish flu, but they had the better excuse of wartime (global) mobilization for WWI.

So explain to me how this works, Brain! You've got a State like New York that's led by a Democratic Governor with it's largest city run by a Democratic Mayor! You had some of the most draconian shut downs enacted anywhere in the country in New York City! Yet here we are seeing a spike in New York City that threatens them once again? But you blame Trump? The truth is...the only thing that will save New York City from the bumbling idiots who run it is the vaccines that Trump fast tracked! Yet Cuomo doesn't want anyone taking those vaccines until Trump leaves office? Can you believe that asshole took that stance after killing tens of thousands of New Yorkers with his nursing home policy?
He left an international pandemic to the states. Giant failure. My state was ok and the one next door bad. They closed down. Suddenly people from that state flooded mine to avoid the shut downs. My state got worse, go figure.
Giant failure because idiots like Cuomo and De Blasio fucked it up so bad! The shut downs didn't work. It was a stupid idea from the start. Those who were at risk should have stayed home...the rest of us should have carried on our normal lives practicing common sense like in any other bad flu season! What have the shut downs gained us? Millions of people lost their jobs. Tens of thousands of businesses closed down never to reopen. Yet the pandemic is still here and Democrats are once again threatening to shut down everything! Learn from your mistakes, Brain!

You approve of deficits when it is free shit you want. Yes I know. You are irresponsible.

Here's step one when it comes to economics: Paying less is not getting free anything. You are still paying. It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with what this country needs.

You approve of deficits when it is free shit you want. Yes I know. You are irresponsible.

Here's step one when it comes to economics: Paying less is not getting free anything. You are still paying. It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with what this country needs.
We didn’t need increased military spending. We have not been attacked nor does anyone have the military to attack us. We already spent more than the next 10 countries combined. But since it goes on the credit card why not right?

Giant failure because idiots like Cuomo and De Blasio fucked it up so bad! The shut downs didn't work. It was a stupid idea from the start. Those who were at risk should have stayed home...the rest of us should have carried on our normal lives practicing common sense like in any other bad flu season! What have the shut downs gained us? Millions of people lost their jobs. Tens of thousands of businesses closed down never to reopen. Yet the pandemic is still here and Democrats are once again threatening to shut down everything! Learn from your mistakes, Brain!
It was trumps idea.

We didn’t need increased military spending. We have not been attacked nor does anyone have the military to attack us. We already spent more than the next 10 countries combined. But since it goes on the credit card why not right?

If you wait until we are attacked to build up our military, build war ships, build fighter planes, guess what? By then it's way too late. That's besides the fact we can't wait until we get attacked first. Many times we need to go overseas to make sure that it doesn't happen.

If we weren't spending money on all the liberal shit you approve of, we could still spend all the money we want on our military with none of it going on this credit card.

If you wait until we are attacked to build up our military, build war ships, build fighter planes, guess what? By then it's way too late. That's besides the fact we can't wait until we get attacked first. Many times we need to go overseas to make sure that it doesn't happen.

If we weren't spending money on all the liberal shit you approve of, we could still spend all the money we want on our military with none of it going on this credit card.
Who are you scared of and how much are they spending compared to us. Please give numbers so I get a good laugh.

We have the most deaths and near the worst rate. What a success story. And with the most expensive healthcare.

I just pointed out to you we do not have the most deaths, and because you're a leftist, you can't help but to repeat your lie almost immediately; as if you never learned the truth before.

Forum List

Back