Texas Police Attack Children At Pool Party

"The idiot kid that ran toward the officer and approached his rear...what is your training for that. Say "Have a nice day?"

Well, since the Aux. do not carry any weapons at all, I guess that my response would be, "Please stand still while I am talking to you."

Of course, if I was not a trained officer wearing a uniform, I could carry a gun like Zimmerman did, and blow the kid away.

"The idiot kid that ran toward the officer and approached his rear...what is your training for that. Say "Have a nice day?"

Well, since the Aux. do not carry any weapons at all, I guess that my response would be, "Please stand still while I am talking to you."
Thats a foreign concept to some. Uncontrollable fear dictates that you use a deadly weapon to control people you are afraid of. Of course I'm sure you would have never attacked the 14 year girl causing the kids to rush to her defense in the first place.

Thats a foreign concept to some. Uncontrollable fear dictates that you use a deadly weapon to control people you are afraid of. Of course I'm sure you would have never attacked the 14 year girl causing the kids to rush to her defense in the first place.

True. In fact, had I been 15, I might have asked her for a date.....

The idiot kid that ran toward the officer and approached his rear...what is your training for that. Say "Have a nice day?"

The officer was approached -- by Martin and everybody else in the area -- because that officer was in the process of committing an illegal and unprovoked assault on an innocent citizen. That's not being an "idiot" -- that's being a good citizen (and more basically a human).

What his training should have been, and in fact WAS -- was not to fricking assault innocent bystanders in the first place.

True. In fact, had I been 15, I might have asked her for a date.....
She did appear to be a cutie. :iagree:

Dajerria-Becton-Dallas-Imagen-Facebook_CLAIMA20150609_0164_28.jpg

Last edited:
So your saying you believe cops are robots?
No. That's what you are saying.

Robots can't think. Trained and paid agents of the State are expected to. Military officers are held to a higher standard and are expected to behave in a specifically prescribed manner. So are police officers.

Basically they should be like "Data" the Android on Star Trek. Incapable of experiencing the frailties of human emotions. Right?
Wrong.

Military officers are trained and expected to behave in accordance with a specific standard -- especially under stressful circumstances. Police officers are similarly obliged.

Cops should have 100% control of emotions 100% of the time? No matter what?
Except under the most extraordinarily unusual circumstances, yes. They certainly should. And if they cannot they should seek a different type of employment.

Not saying this officer pulling out a gun was right. Clearly it wasn't, and his resignation was likely not voluntary.
It was a career ending mistake as it should be.
Then do you think he should have been 100% in control of his emotions? 90%? Maybe 75%?

At the same time, that does not excuse the stupid, idiotic and mindless actions of the teenagers. You have an highly energized situation, multiple cops running around, CLEARLY the officer is angry and acting irrational...so what is the right thing to do? Act like an idiot and refuse to obey his commands and smart off?? That is the smart thing to do?
The behavior of these juveniles is precisely why it is necessary for police officers to remain in total control of their emotions. It doesn't make them "robots." It means they are well-trained officers.

The officer was wrong, and answered for his mistake.
What about the smart ass kids acting like idiots? They have no fault here?
Kids are inclined to do that from time to time. Which is why we have police officers who are expected to properly constrain and to deal appropriately with them.

Well-trained, well-disciplined cops are not "robots."

The idiot kid that ran toward the officer and approached his rear...what is your training for that. Say "Have a nice day?"

The officer was approached -- by Martin and everybody else in the area -- because that officer was in the process of committing an illegal and unprovoked assault on an innocent citizen. That's not being an "idiot" -- that's being a good citizen (and more basically a human).

What his training should have been, and in fact WAS -- was not to fricking assault innocent bystanders in the first place.

You mean the trespassers who werent cooperative? Those arent exactly innocent bystanders.

You mean the trespassers who werent cooperative? Those arent exactly innocent bystanders.
No the ones that were innocent bystanders. What was confusing about the word innocent?

Robots can't think. Trained and paid agents of the State are expected to. Military officers are held to a higher standard and are expected to behave in a specifically prescribed manner. So are police officers.

Basically they should be like "Data" the Android on Star Trek. Incapable of experiencing the frailties of human emotions. Right?
Wrong.

Military officers are trained and expected to behave in accordance with a specific standard -- especially under stressful circumstances. Police officers are similarly obliged.

Except under the most extraordinarily unusual circumstances, yes. They certainly should. And if they cannot they should seek a different type of employment.

Not saying this officer pulling out a gun was right. Clearly it wasn't, and his resignation was likely not voluntary.
Then do you think he should have been 100% in control of his emotions? 90%? Maybe 75%?

At the same time, that does not excuse the stupid, idiotic and mindless actions of the teenagers. You have an highly energized situation, multiple cops running around, CLEARLY the officer is angry and acting irrational...so what is the right thing to do? Act like an idiot and refuse to obey his commands and smart off?? That is the smart thing to do?
The behavior of these juveniles is precisely why it is necessary for police officers to remain in total control of their emotions. It doesn't make them "robots." It means they are well-trained officers.

Kids are inclined to do that from time to time. Which is why we have police officers who are expected to properly constrain and to deal appropriately with them.

I have to say....you have a point. As a former cop...yes...I HAD to control emotions. Very often.

However. ..like the Texas cop...I often left scenes of a suicide or traffic death or some other very troubling call...and immediately had to go to some bullshit call. Like the pool party.

Its tough switching gears immediately. You mentioned military officers. The military has a cooling down period after deployment. Policing isnt war obviously. But the human brain works tbe same.

Ive always thought that all cops should not only be allowed...but be MANDATED. ..to take a cooling off hour after any call involving murder, suicide, rape, any use of force or any child abuse. The human brain just doesnt switch immediately. No ones does. Military knows this. Bar bouncers know this. Cops...at least commanders...dont.

Would you support such legislation? I think it would be supported by all sides. NO COP whose mind just left a traumatic scene should go right into dealing with kids 5 minutes later.

Wrong.

And every single thing you say here is precisley why the officer is no longer...an officer.
I have said at least 6 times now - he made a critical mistake. And for that he lost his career. And AGAIN I said rightfully so.
What part of this do you people not understand?

What I am saying...HELLOO???
Is these kids acted like juvenile idiots. They were provoking this clearly unstable cop.
If I see a man with a gun, cop or no cop, I am going to do what he says. But most of all I am going to stay the f*ck away from him. I am not STUPID enough to antagonize him even further.
All they had to do was walk across the street. That's it.
What he did to the girl - wrong. He lost his job for it.
But that in no way excuses her stupidity.

Wrong.

And every single thing you say here is precisley why the officer is no longer...an officer.
I have said at least 6 times now - he made a critical mistake. And for that he lost his career. And AGAIN I said rightfully so.

Is these kids acted like juvenile idiots. They were provoking this clearly unstable cop.
If I see a man with a gun, cop or no cop, I am going to do what he says. But most of all I am going to stay the f*ck away from him. I am not STUPID enough to antagonize him even further.
You must not spend much time around kids. Thats why they arent allowed to do certain things until they come of age. Adults are responsible for protecting them during this time period. Grown men that are cops shouldn't be attacking 14 year old girls because they didnt like what they said. Matter of fact he shouldnt have attacked any woman and did that to them just because they were talking.

Wrong.

You must not spend much time around kids. Thats why they arent allowed to do certain things until they come of age. Adults are responsible for protecting them during this time period. Grown men that are cops shouldn't be attacking 14 year old girls because they didnt like what they said. Matter of fact he shouldnt have attacked any woman and did that to them just because they were talking.

Wow look at that I agree with Asclepias on something.

Wrong.
There has never been a time when it is smart to be purposefully raucous, disruptive, running and charging around the rear of a policeman in a stressful situation.
You are ignoring the obvious fact that Ptl. Casebolt gratuitously created the situation you are describing. He provoked it with his absolutely unnecessary aggression. He jumped into the middle of a situation the other cops were going about properly defusing and he behaved like a Cossack rather than a trained police officer in a free society.

Every day, thousands of American cops conduct themselves properly in a variety of situations. We never hear about these situations because they are properly handled. With few exceptions it is the mishandled police involvements that show up on the six o'clock news.

This is indeed an exceptional example of improper police conduct. So don't blame it on the juveniles. Were it not for Casebolt's aggressive intervention the situation would have been peacefully and properly resolved -- probably with a few appropriate arrests

Last edited:

I have raised two great kids, who are doing very well thank you.
Our house was one of those houses where kids flocked to. I couldn't begin to say how many kids and teenagers have been in and out of our home through the years and the countless slumber parties and my sons "video game parties"...our garage became a teen hangout for 4-5 years.
I coached vollyball and softball.
I helped out at the boys club in the karate classes for 6 years or so.
My son was a swimmer. My God how much we were around kids we that. We timed, and chaperoned on road trips.
It is highly likely I have 100 times more experience with kids than you ever will.
I would have had ZERO tolerance or patience for this kind of open disrespect and challenge to authority. Even when that authority is wrong. That is not the time to make your point.
I guarantee you neither of my two children, at any time in their childhood would have acted like this. I parented my children. Which includes teaching them common sense.

No, I mean exactly what I posted -- innocent bystanders. Dajeeria Becton was there by invitation. And aside from all that, all this went down on a public street --- not some place one needs an invitation to or is capable of "trespassing" on.

Nice try at dumbing down but we ain't stupid up in here.

Wrong.

You've just gone to great lengths to contradict yourself. First it's all "yes it's the cop's bad judgment, he's unemployed and rightfully so" -- then in the next breath it's "but... b-but the stupid kids provoked him! It's their fault he's out of a job!".

Bullshit. You had it right the first time.

Dajeeria Becton was walking away. Which is exactly what he ordered, even though he had no legal authority to do so. THEN CASEBOLT WENT AND PULLED HER BACK. He created the ENTIRE assault.

Who's being "stupid" here? Are you saying she was being "stupid" for walking away?

Our house was one of those houses where kids flocked to. I couldn't begin to say how many kids and teenagers have been in and out of our home through the years and the countless slumber parties and my sons "video game parties"...our garage became a teen hangout for 4-5 years.
My son was a swimmer. My God how much we were around kids we that. We timed, and chaperoned on road trips.
It is highly likely I have 100 times more experience with kids than you ever will.
I would have had ZERO tolerance or patience for this kind of open disrespect and challenge to authority. Even when that authority is wrong. That is not the time to make your point.
I guarantee you neither of my two children, at any time in their childhood would have acted like this. I parented my children. Which includes teaching them common sense.

Are police "parents"?

If you spent so much time around kids why do you assume they think rationally? I've coached for 10 years volleyball and basketball. Teenagers are notorious for behaving irrationally. All of that is beside the point however. His behavior as an adult is what is in question and why he is out of a career. Stop trying to make it the fault of the kids when the adult is the one that chose his own fate. The problem was he didnt see the Black children as mere children. He saw them as threats as evidenced by his singling out the Black children while passing over white kids.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back