The "death" of the Republican Party will "save" America.

I'll bet you do wish you were in a union. They protect the lazy and incompetent.

And, this is where you really fit in: They dictate your opinions to you.
Dave....if they dont, they get sued by those same people.....
True. Meanwhile, the lazy and incompetent are still employed, making the job harder on the good workers, and driving up the costs of goods and services.

i cant argue there......my shop steward hates defending one asshole we have working here who files grievance after grievance for the smallest things......but he has already wrote a letter to the National HQ telling them if this guy does not represent him better he will get in touch with his Lawyer....since he pays dues.....he gets defended....

True. Meanwhile, the lazy and incompetent are still employed, making the job harder on the good workers, and driving up the costs of goods and services.

What makes it hard to get good workers is that the whole model is based on cheating them at every oppurtunity...

There really are no bad workers. There are just bad managers and bad supervisors. I can't tell you how many 'bad' employees I got great performances out of simply by providing leadership and being fair with them.

There really are no bad workers.

i cant agree with you there Joe......the PO has and has had, many bad workers in the 30+ years i have been there......including thieves....and people faking injuries.....

There are just bad managers and bad supervisors

here i can agree with you......this is the main reason the PO needs a Union today......

The Republican Party is 90% white. They are not even trying to get any minority vote.
Blacks~~~These groups listed wouldn't give a vote to the Republican party anyway so why try? There is a bigger majority with whites...straight folks....and Christians (this is a Christian-Judeo nation despite what Obama told you)
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

They know this is the last presidential election where they could actually win on their policies of division, voter suppression and dishonesty. With changing demographics, there simply aren't enough of them to win future elections without enormous change. Actually a Republican can win just on Obama's record, especially since he dog piled on the debt.

And that is such a good thing.

Minorities aren't kow-towing to the super wealthy. Only the ones who have a job.

Minorities aren't against education. Neither is any one else (such a moronic statement on your part)

Minorities love children and babies. Especially since welfare moms like to multiple like rabbits and keep the welfare checks coming in.

Minorities have already learned how to work together. Some blacks may not like the gays. (or Mexicans, since Mexicans take pride in their work and have a good work ethic.) Muslims may not like the atheists. Or Americans or Infidels And so on.

Yet, these groups have been working together to create a better country for everyone. The only group blocking progress are Republicans.

And look at Republicans policies:

Anti education (another moronic statement)
no money to modernize America's infrastructure Education is a state issue and public schools are paid for through taxes. Affordable for everyone. And when cuts are made to the educations programs, you have the libs to thank for that with all their social programs that need to be paid for.
tax cuts and subsidies to billionaires and monster corporations To create jobs..
removing important regulations for business and the environment
taking the rest of the country's wealth and throwing it at the military
war Since Obama wants to take away of The United States Nuclear Weaponry.
threatening other countries :cuckoo:

The worst Republican policy being their anti education policy. Every country on earth is making it easier for it's population to get an education except white Republicans. Once again, free to attend public schools.

What Republicans are doing this time may not be enough. There are two months to the election. What if the Republican base finds out Romney has been lying about Obama's policies on Medicare and Welfare? (I see you haven't done much research on Obama's policies on Medicare and Welfare) Two months is a long time to keep a lie going. Worse, many whites don't like racism and will recoil when it becomes obvious to them what Romney is doing. :cuckoo:

After this election, the Republican Party can only continue if (if? Really?) they welcome minorities. That means their terrible and destructive policies will have to end. And what policies are destructive?

:lol::lol::lol:

i cant argue there......my shop steward hates defending one asshole we have working here who files grievance after grievance for the smallest things......but he has already wrote a letter to the National HQ telling them if this guy does not represent him better he will get in touch with his Lawyer....since he pays dues.....he gets defended....
Damn, that sucks. I feel for you, brother. This asshole is costing all taxpayers and postal patrons money with his bullshit.

He needs to be reminded he works for the customers, not they for him.

Damn, that sucks. I feel for you, brother. This asshole is costing all taxpayers and postal patrons money with his bullshit.

Having had a few relatives who work for the post office, my guess is that the greivences aren't petty.

The problem in the post office is that largely, they have horrible management.. which is why so many postal workers are unhappy.

What makes it hard to get good workers is that the whole model is based on cheating them at every oppurtunity...

There really are no bad workers. There are just bad managers and bad supervisors. I can't tell you how many 'bad' employees I got great performances out of simply by providing leadership and being fair with them.

There really are no bad workers.

i cant agree with you there Joe......the PO has and has had, many bad workers in the 30+ years i have been there......including thieves....and people faking injuries.....

There are just bad managers and bad supervisors

here i can agree with you......this is the main reason the PO needs a Union today......

I would question how did that person get to be a bad worker. Did he come in with a lot of enthusiasm and see other slacking off and figured that's what he could get away with.

I think it really does come down to management and supervision, at the end of the day. Having worked for really good managers and leaders, and really awful ones, I always bring my A-game. But it's really hard to keep up the A-game when you have a manager who promotes someone because she has a nice rack, or because she kisses his ass, or because that's his golfing buddy.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need unions. Ownership would pay fair wages, provide good benefits and management would make consistantly good decisions. Unions are a less than ideal solution for a less than ideal world.

yea and right now we think he is faking a knee injury.....has been off for 45 days,says he has a torn Cartilage but yet has not even a slight limp when he walks......he has 9 grievances pending right now.....one fucking guy.....

Having had a few relatives who work for the post office, my guess is that the greivences aren't petty.

The problem in the post office is that largely, they have horrible management.. which is why so many postal workers are unhappy.

for this guy Joe.....the grievances are Petty.....i have been there 33 years and have filed maybe 6-7 the whole time.....this guy has 9 pending right now......for things like the supervisor did not tell me i cant do something,so i have been doing it,and now he told me i cant....little piss ant things that most carriers shrug off......he is costing not only the Union time and money but the PO itself.....this guy is a jerk....he changes routes every few years because even the people who live on them start complaining that the guy is an asshole....but there is no rule saying you cant be an asshole....

The conservative party in America has died twice, the first party held the presidency for twelve years, eight of them by Washington. The period following the conservative party's death was known in history for a time as the Era of Good Feelings.
The conservatives came back with a new party and it died. We are now with the third conservative party, the Repupublicans. I often wonder if they chose the name "republican" because the name had a good reputation being one of the original names of today's Democratic party? The Democratic party traces its heritage back to Jefferson.

Yes, but your idea of a good argument is one that completely agrees with you.

If you want an echo chamber, go back to DU. You won't be exposed to any scary nasty conservative ideas there.

No, a good one is one who presents facts and figures, and doesn't use horseshit words like "Communist" when they disagree with someone...
I use the word "Communist" when it fits the data presented.

Don't like it?

Stop defending Communism, dumbass.

for this guy Joe.....the grievances are Petty.....i have been there 33 years and have filed maybe 6-7 the whole time.....this guy has 9 pending right now......for things like the supervisor did not tell me i cant do something,so i have been doing it,and now he told me i cant....little piss ant things that most carriers shrug off......he is costing not only the Union time and money but the PO itself.....this guy is a jerk....he changes routes every few years because even the people who live on them start complaining that the guy is an asshole....but there is no rule saying you cant be an asshole....

I see your point, there is always an asshole who will find a way to abuse any system...

But I've seen people do that even without a union... and those people usually end up switching jobs before they ever get fired.

I can't speak to the internal workings of the PO -- I'll leave that to Harry -- but I notice you're pretending my post refuting your asinine claim that there are no bad workers simply doesn't exist.

You're weak, Joe. Ignoring reality doesn't make it go away.

Yes, but your idea of a good argument is one that completely agrees with you.

If you want an echo chamber, go back to DU. You won't be exposed to any scary nasty conservative ideas there.

No, a good one is one who presents facts and figures, and doesn't use horseshit words like "Communist" when they disagree with someone...
I use the word "Communist" when it fits the data presented.

Don't like it?

Stop defending Communism, dumbass.

The fact you even TALK about Communism at this point shows you have no credibility in any political argument. Sorry.

I can't speak to the internal workings of the PO -- I'll leave that to Harry -- but I notice you're pretending my post refuting your asinine claim that there are no bad workers simply doesn't exist.

You're weak, Joe. Ignoring reality doesn't make it go away.

YOu don't refute anything, guy... you just whine.

Usually a bad worker is the sign of a bad manager.

I would question how did that person get to be a bad worker. Did he come in with a lot of enthusiasm and see other slacking off and figured that's what he could get away with.
If he saw workers who were slacking off, they were bad workers.

Your mindless defense of bad workers depends on the existence of bad workers.

Damn, you idiot leftists really don't get logic, do you? :lol:

yea and right now we think he is faking a knee injury.....has been off for 45 days,says he has a torn Cartilage but yet has not even a slight limp when he walks......he has 9 grievances pending right now.....one fucking guy.....
He needs to go. But the union will back him up.

Unions are profoundly stupid. They expect the companies their workers work for will take this crap indefinitely.

And then they whine like little bitches when the companies close.

If he saw workers who were slacking off, they were bad workers.

Your mindless defense of bad workers depends on the existence of bad workers.

Damn, you idiot leftists really don't get logic, do you? :lol:

If someone is slacking off, it's because a manager allowed it.

When I was in the Army, we had an expression. If you see something wrong and do nothing about it, you've set a new standard.

The conservative party in America has died twice, the first party held the presidency for twelve years, eight of them by Washington. The period following the conservative party's death was known in history for a time as the Era of Good Feelings.
The conservatives came back with a new party and it died. We are now with the third conservative party, the Repupublicans. I often wonder if they chose the name "republican" because the name had a good reputation being one of the original names of today's Democratic party? The Democratic party traces its heritage back to Jefferson.
While you're exploring the heritage of the Democratic Party, don't forget it was the party that was against civil rights, treated blacks as less than human, and had the KKK as its terrorist arm.

He needs to go. But the union will back him up.

Unions are profoundly stupid. They expect the companies their workers work for will take this crap indefinitely.

And then they whine like little bitches when the companies close.

Again, I guess the qeustion is, why aren't the other workers putting this guy in line, which is how most places, union and non-union usually work.

If someone is a disruptive influence, they usually don't last, union or not.

Forum List

Back