The debt limit!

The scary thing about all this is, we couldn't have asked for a more ignorant, stupid crowd of people running the House. They have no idea what defaulting on the debt ceiling means. It means a total collapse of the U.S. economy. And if they think they are going to have some kind of power after doing that, they should think again. They will all need to see about getting one way tickets out of the country, depending on if the airlines are still running.

You're the first leftist that ever admitted that: Democrats won't negotiate with Republicans. I've always said that. Negotiations with a Democrat means do it my way or take the highway.

We have to pay our debts, but the middle ground for Republicans is to make sure we don't have to raise it again in the future. Democrats don't like that compromise. They want to continue their pork spending and vote buying no matter how much debt they put us in.
You fucking idiot, there is nothing to negotiate. Don't you know what the debt ceiling is?

If we can't cut major programs then if we have to have deficit spending, it should be the least amount possible.

This country is headed for collapse; maybe not in the next couple of years, but it's going to happen. There is no need to put that on fast track.
Defaulting on the debt ceiling you ignoramus does collapse the economy. Don't you know that?

Defaulting on the debt ceiling you ignoramus does collapse the economy. Don't you know that?

Defaulting on the debt can be remedied by an emergency increase. Once we can no longer pay the interest on the money we owe it can't.

Or, the Communists can work with the Republicans to halt their pork spending in exchange for a one time ceiling increase so it doesn't happen down the road ignoramus.

I think we're moving in the right direction
Deficits:
2020 3.1 trillion
2021 2.75 trillion
2022 1.4 trillion
2023 1.,27 trillion (projected)
2024 1.12 trillion (projected)
If projections are right, Biden will have reduced the deficit every year he was in office.

I think your source is flawed. My source says quite the opposite.

Preparing to ‘play chicken’ with default: Understanding Republicans’ ‘debt limit terror’​

The United States is the only major industrial nation with a debt ceiling. America’s debt ceiling, moreover, applies only to budgetary appropriations that have already been made; it has no impact on future spending or borrowing. Indeed, as one legal scholar has argued, since legislation passed by Congress and signed by the president implicitly authorizes the U.S. Treasury to spend the money necessary to implement it, a separate requirement to increase the accrued debt creates the possibility of default, and may therefore be unconstitutional.

In any event, although debates about the national debt have become increasingly partisan, Congress and the president have agreed to increase the debt ceiling over 100 times since World War II. The debt limit has also been “suspended” — a distinction, made for political reasons, without a substantive difference — seven times. The debt ceiling was raised three times while Donald Trump was President. In 2019, when Congress suspended the debt ceiling until July 2021, Trump exulted that the agreement was “phenomenal.” The ceiling has been raised twice with Joe Biden in the White House.

We can't worry about the debt, Biden has one more time to raise the debt. If if's good for tramp why not make it good for Biden.
Maybe you should turn off your gas stove, get rid of your gas powered vehicle and turn off all the electricity to your house and start eating bug burgers so The Government doesn't haver to spend so much money on supporting your lazy ass.

Fm9BG4RX0AIcmFh

Forum List

Back