The electric car you feel is creating no emissions...

I'm proud when my tax dollars pay for investment in the USA and its citizens- not being a shortsighted, brainwashed, selfish Pub dupe. See sig for the mess your pander to the rich, screw the nonrich policies have produced. 3 million tech jobs going begging...Great Job!

Tesla is about to start building stations where their car batteries can be swapped in a couple minutes- faster than a gas fill up...

1st Tesla battery-swapping stations to roll out soon, Model S prices drop in Europe : TreeHugger

My, my, what a lying fuck you continue to be. The real story is the Tesla Supercharging Station.

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Tesla Superchargers allow Model S owners to travel for free between cities along well-traveled highways in North America, Europe and Asia. Superchargers provide half a charge in as little as 20 minutes and are strategically placed to allow owners to drive from station to station with minimal stops.

Coverage
North America
Today – 104 stations
Complete West and East Coast coverage
Coast-to-coast travel
2014 – 80% of the US population and parts of Canada
2015 – 98% of the US population and parts of Canada
Europe
Today – 47 stations
Asia
Today – 9 stations

Superchargers are located near amenities like roadside diners, cafes, and shopping centers. Road trippers can stop for a quick meal and have their Model S charged when they’re done.

I'm not lying about anything, hammerhead... I posted what California is building, what they cost and how long a charge takes... And who's paying for it.

It's painfully inefficient... Solar has never paid for itself and anytime it has appeared to is because it is Subsidized by the taxpayer.

:)

peace...

Damn straight. Why, nukes were never subsidized by the taxpayer!

Oh wait...

OK well fossil fuels aren't subsidized by the taxpayer!

Ruh roh...
Oh shit...

Well at least taxpayers didn't have to pay for the highways to use those fossil fuels on... :doubt:

OK I got it -- the whole electrical grid these technologies feed --- taxpayer free, right?

Really gotta wonder how some wags think the world works... :rolleyes:

The Fed makes more on a gallon of gas in taxes than Exxon does... Exxon paid taxes on top of that... Tell me how much Exxon paid in taxes last year before you mention the word "Subsidies" again. :thup:

peace...

Then there's the new crossover/SUV and a $30k car in the offing...too bad brainwashed hater dupes can't take part....talk about politicizing everything! Party first dingbats...

Tesla Finally Unveils Model X Electric Crossover (0-to-60 in Less Than 5 Seconds, Seats 7 Adults, AWD) : TreeHugger

Model X should start close to $50k after tax credits, and go up all the way to around $90k with the biggest battery and performance package and other options

:rofl:

I'm sorry, but if you can afford a $50,000 to $100,000+ car you shouldn't be getting help from the Average American Taxpayer to purchase it.

Scumbag Elitist *****.

peace...

Ya, the electricity is coming from coal plants or nuclear, neither of which is objectively better than petroleum alternatives.

Until electric powered vehicles get their energy entirely by solar panels on their roofs, or similar clean generating methods at discrete plants, they're really not so much better except locally. But while air might be cleaner where they're driven, somewhere some place is uffering because of a local coal plant, or from radiation from fission-based nuclear plants.

If you measure the pollution from a coal powered electrical plant, and divide it by the number of EVs it can charge, I bet it will come out a great deal better than the emissions from that many gasoline engines.

For example, TVA's Kingston Fossil Plant generates 10 billion kilowatt hrs per year. That equals out to around 27.4 million kWh per day.

A Tesla's charge is 85 kWh. So the plant can charge around 320,000 Teslas in a single day.

Do you suppose the plant puts out more pollution in a single day than 320,000 gas powered cars?

Fair point. I hadn't considered the math.

It may or may not be true,power plants put out a lot of stuff a real lot 24/7 those numbers would be hard to quantify but interesting to see them.

This just in... The electric car you feel is creating no emissions is actually powered by coal in the most inefficient way humanly possible... Movie at 11.

peace...

Although there are some great electric and hybrid cars on the road today new technologies that will really move them into the mainstream are coming on line in the near future. One of the leaders in new tech concepts is Paul Drayson. He's the developer of the Lola/Drayson B12/69EV, the world land speed record holder for light weight electric cars. Drayson cautions ""Don't judge electric cars by what you are seeing on the street right now". That's good advice for the Luddites in this thread who can't see out of the fog of internal combustion engines into the very near future. Jesus, even the Chinese are looking to electric cars to save them from the IC smog engulfing their cities. I just read in the news this a.m. they have removed the 10% tax on new vehicles powered by electricity.

Here's a bit of info on Drayson's concept race car. Drayson stresses that these ideas are being developed for the Market, not just pie-in-the-sky idealism.

HOW do you get more power out of an electric car than its main battery pack can deliver? Simple, turn the car's very bodywork into a battery, extract power from every bounce of its suspension system and, while you're at it, suck energy from the road surface too.

Such are the measures being built into an electric racing car capable of reaching 320 kilometres (200 miles) per hour by a UK-based consortium. Their aim is to perfect a multitude of novel electric-vehicle (EV) technologies and ultimately to transfer them to road cars. Led by Drayson Racing Technologies of Oxford and Lola Cars of Huntingdon, the 10-firm consortium also includes aerospace heavyweight BAE Systems in Warton, UK, and 3G-cellphone pioneer Qualcomm of San Diego, California. They want to improve on the range of today's EVs, says consortium leader Paul Drayson, which are normally limited to around 160 kilometres (100 miles).

The first way they plan to improve range is to free the car's main battery from ancillary tasks like headlights. Enter BAE Systems' closely guarded "structural battery" technology - which allows sections of carbon-fibre bodywork to supply power. "They are made out of honeycombs of carbon fibre filled with a solution that gives them the energy storage capacity of a battery," says Julian Sole, chief designer at Lola Cars. "Their advantage is they can form any shape."

Good video here;

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cRqcbXAs4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cRqcbXAs4[/ame]

Then there's the new crossover/SUV and a $30k car in the offing...too bad brainwashed hater dupes can't take part....talk about politicizing everything! Party first dingbats...

Tesla Finally Unveils Model X Electric Crossover (0-to-60 in Less Than 5 Seconds, Seats 7 Adults, AWD) : TreeHugger

Model X should start close to $50k after tax credits, and go up all the way to around $90k with the biggest battery and performance package and other options

:rofl:

I'm sorry, but if you can afford a $50,000 to $100,000+ car you shouldn't be getting help from the Average American Taxpayer to purchase it.

Scumbag Elitist *****.

peace...

Hmmmmmmmm........... And EV's costing half that are just around the corner. As the price of solar for the individual home has come down, the payback period when you have an EV will less than five years. After that, you are driving for free, as well as powering your home for free.

My, my, what a lying fuck you continue to be. The real story is the Tesla Supercharging Station.

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Tesla Superchargers allow Model S owners to travel for free between cities along well-traveled highways in North America, Europe and Asia. Superchargers provide half a charge in as little as 20 minutes and are strategically placed to allow owners to drive from station to station with minimal stops.

Coverage
North America
Today – 104 stations
Complete West and East Coast coverage
Coast-to-coast travel
2014 – 80% of the US population and parts of Canada
2015 – 98% of the US population and parts of Canada
Europe
Today – 47 stations
Asia
Today – 9 stations

Superchargers are located near amenities like roadside diners, cafes, and shopping centers. Road trippers can stop for a quick meal and have their Model S charged when they’re done.

I'm not lying about anything, hammerhead... I posted what California is building, what they cost and how long a charge takes... And who's paying for it.

It's painfully inefficient... Solar has never paid for itself and anytime it has appeared to is because it is Subsidized by the taxpayer.

peace...

Oh wait...

Ruh roh...
Oh shit...

Well at least taxpayers didn't have to pay for the highways to use those fossil fuels on... :doubt:

OK I got it -- the whole electrical grid these technologies feed --- taxpayer free, right?

Your sources are a bunch of lunatics, known prevaricators and are simply not credible.

peace...

Oh wait...

Ruh roh...
Oh shit...

The Fed makes more on a gallon of gas in taxes than Exxon does... Exxon paid taxes on top of that... Tell me how much Exxon paid in taxes last year before you mention the word "Subsidies" again. :thup:

peace...

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

Oh wait...

Ruh roh...
Oh shit...

peace...

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

Wrong... But that is a cute Evasion... Ravi's old Keeper in the Red used to Employ it when he was too fucking drunk to remember he was Failing in Debate.

That was usually around the 1st of the month and the week following. :thup:

peace...

These 'Conservatives' are the same type of people that used to make fun of the horseless carriages. Anything new that they do not understand, which is about everything, they immediatly start denigrating and making up nonsense concerning the new.
Always with the condescension, typical Liberal.

"I'm smarter than you! You're just ignorant and stupid! I can't explain, it just IS!"

Can Liberals do anything without Gov't subsidies? No.

Can Liberals do anything with out Gov't passing a Law that FORCES everyone to do things THEIR WAY? No.

You writing of Walmart? All big box stores? The oil and gasoline industry? Not to mention your own subsidy, tax deductions?

A good point is made in this thread. When comparing the benefits of electric cars to combustion cars, the costs of generating and transmitting the electricity from the power plants need to be included. Much of the propaganda about electric cars is spun as though the electricity from the outlet is free with no environmental costs. It is good to see people attempting to address this.

peace...

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

Wrong... But that is a cute Evasion... Ravi's old Keeper in the Red used to Employ it when he was too fucking drunk to remember he was Failing in Debate.

That was usually around the 1st of the month and the week following. :thup:

peace...

I really need to spell it out? Tsk tsk...

Gummimental subsidies to get a technology online for the public superstructure (which is where you started) is in no way related to what some private corporation pays in their income taxes a century later (which is where you teleported to, goalpost and all).

On the other hand, $2.4 Billion in annual tax deductions the Big Oil Five (including Exxon) for a technology already established to the level of, as the last POTUS described it, an "addiction", are explored under the "FAQ" part of my second link there.

Nor does Ravi, or some "keeper in the red" whatever the fuck that means, have anything to do with this post.

:disbelief:

Who knew.

Last edited:
A good point is made in this thread. When comparing the benefits of electric cars to combustion cars, the costs of generating and transmitting the electricity from the power plants need to be included. Much of the propaganda about electric cars is spun as though the electricity from the outlet is free with no environmental costs. It is good to see people attempting to address this.

And tragic to see others consistently deny the reality of "Clean Energy"...

It ain't "Clean"...

It don't pay for itself...

And it can't survive without the Government paying Companies to create and paying Customers to buy it.

Even Wealthy Customers as is the case with the Subsidy you can get purchasing a $100,000 Tesla.

Some of them are Dishonest... Others are simply Ignorant.

We will pay for this later and these same Shits will blame "Corporations" for endless miles of useless Solar and Wind equipment, the Biohazards that they are... The Batteries in the 100's of millions of cars that are... And the Extremely Toxic process in which they are manufactured...

To then really be run on Natural Gas or Coal for the most part.

peace...

Who's ever said that?

This is sounding a bit like that other canard about guns shooting themselves...

It ain't "Clean"...

And it can't survive without the Government paying Companies to create and paying Customers to buy it.

Where "clean energy" is above ...

Plug in (pun intended) "oil energy". Or "natural gas". Or "the electrical grid". Or "coal energy". Or "nuclear power". Or "the interstate highway system". The same thing, works every time.

If you really wanna pretend institutional subsidation of technologies for national public improvement is some kind of new idea, you're gonna need a dumber audience.

This just in... The electric car you feel is creating no emissions is actually powered by coal in the most inefficient way humanly possible... Movie at 11.

peace...

No it's not in my state.

Our one and only coal fire plant is being shut down. It's no longer in use and generating dirty energy. All of the nuclear plants are shut down and all that's happening there is clean up.

Our electric car runs on electricity that's generated from water, wind and the sun. Around 60% of our electricity comes from water and the rest from alternative sources.

We started building our wind farms in the 1990s and now have one of the largest wind farms in the world. Many parts of my state are like the Saudi Arabia of wind in that it never stops blowing and is a constant source of power.

When the windmills were first built and bought on line it was way too much energy for our existing grid to handle. So we voted to increase our taxes to pay to build a new, larger grid to handle all that electricity the windmills generated.

It generates so much electricity that we don't use it all and sell it to other states.

We also have some of the lowest electric rates in the nation.

So go ahead and spread your lies, most people aren't buying it anymore.

It ain't "Clean"...

Even Wealthy Customers as is the case with the Subsidy you can get purchasing a $100,000 Tesla.

Some of them are Dishonest... Others are simply Ignorant.

We will pay for this later and these same Shits will blame "Corporations" for endless miles of useless Solar and Wind equipment, the Biohazards that they are... The Batteries in the 100's of millions of cars that are... And the Extremely Toxic process in which they are manufactured...

To then really be run on Natural Gas or Coal for the most part.

peace...

And not a single link to back up a single point. Typical of a liar.

Forum List

Back