The goal of American leftwing politics is about ensuring that no one working 40 hours a week lives in poverty.

Yes some people are like that, but that doesn’t mean as a society we should not attempt this goal. If a person does not have the adequate work ethic for having a job, then I would agree they don’t deserve this adequate income. Plenty of people however would put in the effort. They are people in mind for this goal. I mean if they don’t want to try at all, then yeah, give the job to someone else. Your stupidity however is assuming that anyone in poverty is simply lazy and that isn’t the case. You don’t understand that poverty is a complex issue and the causes are nuanced. Not everyone has the opportunity for a better paying job regardless of how productive they are. It’s a matter of simple mathematics that lower paying jobs outnumber higher paying jobs.
We shouldn't attempt it because it means looting the people who earned the money, moron.

I didn’t say they didn’t take any jobs. I’m saying the unemployment rate is low enough that it does not matter. Their employment only accounts for 5% of the civilian work force. Most of that is in farming that legal citizens don’t want.

4 in 10 Able Bodied American workers have permanently left the workforce.

Now why did they do that?

Competing with Mexican peasants who work for nothing coupled with free money for not working put a knife in the back of the workforce.

The Wuhan Designer Virus® created a whole segment who simply don't work.

Don't try and bullshit us about what a great employment market we have.

Last edited:
A person doesn’t necessarily deserve a well paid job but what they do deserve is a job that isnt keeping them in poverty.
We should be able to accomplish that in an ideal world

But that world does not exist

Humans are too flawed

But if you limit your goal to caring for Americans it may be possible to at least save us from ourselves

Right let’s just be defeatist pussies and not even try. I would rather be a child than a defeatist pussy like you.
The problem is that good intentions don't equal results. 'Trying' has only created a growing poverty class. Government can't fix poverty, it can only create it. Even Mr. Nuance, Mac195? admits that giving people money has dangerous side effects. I'd estimate that over one third of people on government assistance are doing so as a lifestyle choice. They have kids who make the same choice and the percent of people who are encouraged not to do anything grows. I wholeheartedly agree that people with extreme medical bills or disabilities need help, but the 'safety net' people are creating a dependent class and destroying the middle class. It is to their leader's favor to make as many people dependent as possible. I'll admit that Republican lawmakers are not conservatives, but they are not creating as many incentives not to work as possible. Remember, democrats were pleased as punch to put record numbers of people on food stamps, but it was Pre-Covid Trump who allowed people to earn more over inflation for the first time in a long time.

I'm not cynical enough to think the left created a dependent class of people on purpose, but you have to ask yourself, do you think Pelosi or Gavin Newsome wants to create policy that creates less dependent people?

Competing with Mexican peasants who work for nothing coupled with free money for not working put a knife in the back of the workforce.

If you actually look at that participation rate in years past, you’ll see that it isn’t any different to today.

If you actually look at that participation rate in years past, you’ll see that it isn’t any different to today.

Well now, that's a lie - isn't it.
1659223379683.png

Attachments

• 1659223259244.png
    1659223259244.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
Well now, that's a lie - isn't it.
View attachment 676428

Lol I do wonder if you actually read this graph carefully. It seems like you see this steep line decline and without looking at the values of the vertical axis, you assume It’s some major drop. From 1990-2022 the labor participation rate has dropped about 10%. Is this significant? Sure. It’s significant enough I’ll admit. However, you should probably educate yourself on who is actually included in the labor participation rate. You might want to attribute the labor participation rate to a bunch of lazy bums and the bums just get more frequent as time goes on. That’s of course an emotional conclusion devoid of any nuance and factual information. You know who is primarily part of the labor non participation rate in reality? It’s teenagers, college students, the homeless, the disabled, and the retired. That is primarily who comprises this percentage. Are there lazy people in this percentage? Yes but they really only make up a small part of it. Now when you factor in recessions and the pandemic, the number is inevitably going to go down.

Let me sum it up for you: the labor participation rate has decreased 10 percent in 32 years. Significant? Sure I’ll give you that. It’s of course worth educating yourself on who these people are. If most of them are teenagers over 16, college students, the disabled, and the retired, what point are you trying to make about the subject? Attributing it all to lazy people is simply wrong. You simply just choose to believe that.

So if those 4 who left the workforce are surviving ok then all the power to them. Thelose people leaving work haven't hurt one lousy thing.

Republicans think leftwing politics in the US is about communism but this is of course ridiculous. Has any democrat in office proposed this or any other solution involving ending capitalism itself? Nope. Not even close. Eliminating the wealthy class is also not on the table. All American lefties want to do is reduce poverty, strengthen the middle class, and making sure that the wealthy pay their fair share in taxes EFFECTIVELY. The EFFECTIVE tax rate is what a class actually pays in taxes. The OFFICIAL tax rate is what they are expected to pay but because of deductions and loopholes, they do not pay that tax rate. Why this concept escapes republicans is beyond my understanding.

Without a doubt both parties have failed to do much of anything when it comes to alleviating poverty, but here’s the difference with democrats: they actually make attempts at the issue. They at least TRY to pass policies that meet this goal such as raising the minimum wage or child tax credits. Hell at least they passed the child tax credit to begin with even if it expired.

What do republicans do for the poor? Absolutely nothing. No attempt. Nada. That goes for the middle class as well. They don’t do jack shit. Doesn’t all of this bother Republican voters? The middle class shrunk and the poor became more poor under Bush and Trump but for some reason that does not bother them.

Of course it is worth mentioning that, historically on average, economic metrics like GDP and job growth are better under democrats than republicans.

Yeah, no. From wrongly claiming what others think without being clairvoyant to the rest of the bullshit. Fuck You; You douchebag piece of shit. You are absolutely wrong.

Who can’t even flip a burger? Who the fuck are you talking about? Lol good god.
Bitches like you. You ain't never done a meaningful thing that contributes to society ary a day in your life, you piece of shit. If you have, name what it was and when.

There are such people, moron.
Yeah teenagers I guess lol. Also let’s set the record straight on “burger flippers” who can actually do the job. Do you honestly think that a restaurant like McDonald’s has a position where there is a guy who does nothing but flip burgers all day? No. That position does not exist. The people preparing the food at restaurants are preparing many different types of food. They are handling multiple orders at once. This requires constant productivity that involves several different steps to make sure the order is accurate. More Importantly, those people are also taking orders depending on what day it is. No one just stands at a fucking restaurant and flips burgers and does nothing else. It’s such a stupid, brainless generalization.

Yeah teenagers I guess lol. Also let’s set the record straight on “burger flippers” who can actually do the job. Do you honestly think that a restaurant like McDonald’s has a position where there is a guy who does nothing but flip burgers all day? No. That position does not exist. The people preparing the food at restaurants are preparing many different types of food. They are handling multiple orders at once. This requires constant productivity that involves several different steps to make sure the order is accurate. More Importantly, those people are also taking orders depending on what day it is. No one just stands at a fucking restaurant and flips burgers and does nothing else. It’s such a stupid, brainless generalization.
But you are incapable of even doing that, huh?

Forum List

Back