🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The mystery of the "moderate" rebels

Oh----I did not answer your question-----yes ASSAD like all Baathists is devoted to the idea of destroying Israel-----which is one of the reasons he gets along so well with Iran

So, Israel is involved through its proxy -- the U.S. :)

Now, the whole thing makes sense.

not exactly------Israel is involved directly -----it has a border with Syria and for the past 67 years constant little
thingys -------kinda like india and china. The US has other reasons for wanting ASSAD ---out. One of them
is we have lots of Syrian Christians in the USA-----in fact Syrian jews too. Of course lots more Syrian
Christians than jews and they are a LOBBY-----they have a voice. Papa and baby ASSAD are both
mass murderers for a LONG TIME. --------if you live in the USA and eat PITA----you are probably eating
Christian Syrian bread------also sesame paste and all sorts of middle eastern stuffs-------when I was
a kid ------pita was called SYRIAN BREAD. When I was a kid ----Syrians were Christians. Lots of
the Pakistanis I have known in the USA seem to imagine that Pita -------is a MOGHUL THING---it is almost
NAAN. Do not tell them that they are eating Christian bread------they might choke------however----
they can eat it because it is certified kosher by those smart Syrian Christian businessmen. uhm------
you have no Syrians around where you live?---------lots of them run "arab" restaurants-----ie
"Arabic cuisine" Look for the name KHOURY

^ Your thoughts are interesting iRosie but let us come back to Syria and the crisis there.

Who is to gain from the departure of Assad in Syria? Who is supporting these Islamists? I know Saudis are involved but who else is fomenting the trouble? I do not think Saudis can cause this level of crisis all by themselves. Some people think that Israel is involved as well but I do not think that is accurate because both Israel and Russia have gotten quite close to each other in recent years. Another possibility is that Euros (Brits and French) want to get hold of Syrian oil and they cannot do it as long as Assad is in control of Syria.

sorry I missed this one---------The SYRIANS will gain------all the non-alawites. Syria is a dictatorship
of a Shiite like king ASSAD. The assads have even murdered (massively) Palestinian
sunnis. BRUTAL stuff. You gotta be kidding with your "who is supporting
"ISLAMISTS"- ?? now take a deep breath----------wait for the answer-------you ready????
its coming -----ready???? >>>>>>>

******MUSLIMS ARE SUPPORTING ISLAMISTS-----JUST LIKE MUSLIMS SUPPORT THE
TALIBAN....................... got that?????

Oh----I did not answer your question-----yes ASSAD like all Baathists is devoted to the idea of destroying Israel-----which is one of the reasons he gets along so well with Iran

not exactly------Israel is involved directly -----it has a border with Syria and for the past 67 years constant little
thingys -------kinda like india and china. The US has other reasons for wanting ASSAD ---out. One of them
is we have lots of Syrian Christians in the USA-----in fact Syrian jews too. Of course lots more Syrian
Christians than jews and they are a LOBBY-----they have a voice. Papa and baby ASSAD are both
mass murderers for a LONG TIME. --------if you live in the USA and eat PITA----you are probably eating
Christian Syrian bread------also sesame paste and all sorts of middle eastern stuffs-------when I was
a kid ------pita was called SYRIAN BREAD. When I was a kid ----Syrians were Christians. Lots of
the Pakistanis I have known in the USA seem to imagine that Pita -------is a MOGHUL THING---it is almost
NAAN. Do not tell them that they are eating Christian bread------they might choke------however----
they can eat it because it is certified kosher by those smart Syrian Christian businessmen. uhm------
you have no Syrians around where you live?---------lots of them run "arab" restaurants-----ie

Actually, today I had a conversation with a Syrian American. He is an orthodox Christian. I learned something new today that there is another branch in Islam called Alawites besides Shia and Sunni. According to him, Alawites are very progressive people. He further informed me that Assad is an Alawites and when he was in control, Christians and Jews lived in peace. Assad enjoys major support among orthodox Christians, not only in the Middle East but also in Eastern Europe. That is one of the reasons why Russia an orthodox Christian country is allied with Syria.

Actually, today I had a conversation with a Syrian American. He is an orthodox Christian. I learned something new today that there is another branch in Islam called Alawites besides Shia and Sunni. According to him, Alawites are very progressive people. He further informed me that Assad is an Alawites and when he was in control, Christians and Jews lived in peace. Assad enjoys major support among orthodox Christians, not only in the Middle East but also in Eastern Europe. That is one of the reasons why Russia an orthodox Christian country is allied with Syria.

There are some depraved Christians who support Assad just as there were some depraved
Christians who supported Saddam------the founders of BAATHISM included Christians. In
fact the MAIN guy-----I think----was a Christian. Russia is not exactly an orthodox
Christian country..
Baathism as it transformed itself very early in its history is to
the ORIGINAL THEORY thereof ------like Marxism is to Stalinist communism.
AND Darwinism is to german Nazism,
During the time of ASSAD----all the jews in that country FLED------there ain't none left. Lots
of the Christians also fled, Some even fled to Israel. During the time of Moghul rule
EVERYONE was delirious with joy. I know that because an Indian from New Dehli told me.
Everyone in India LONGS for the return of the MOGHULS. When do you think they will show
up in Bollywood or dance around in the Taj Mahal?

Cuban military operatives reportedly have been spotted in Syria, where sources believe they are advising President Bashar al-Assad’s soldiers and may be preparing to man Russian-made tanks to aid Damascus in fighting rebel forces backed by the U.S.

Gen. Leopoldo Cintra Frias, head of Cuba's Armed Forces, recently visited Syria to lead a group of Cuban military personnel joining forces with Russia in their support of Assad, according to information received by the University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies.

On Wednesday, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that Cuban paramilitary and special forces units are on the ground in Syria, citing evidence from intelligence reports. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Cuban troops may have been training in Russia and may have arrived in Syria on Russian planes.

Top Cuban general, key forces in Syria to aid Assad, Russia, sources say

^ I commend Australia for being the first country to learn lessons from ouster of Saddam and Gaddafi. Look at Iraq. Is Iraq safer now than when Saddam was around? Look at Libya. Is Libya safer today than when Gaddafi was around?

They're f'ing Muslim countries. They're f'd up by definition.

Cuban military operatives reportedly have been spotted in Syria, where sources believe they are advising President Bashar al-Assad’s soldiers and may be preparing to man Russian-made tanks to aid Damascus in fighting rebel forces backed by the U.S.

Gen. Leopoldo Cintra Frias, head of Cuba's Armed Forces, recently visited Syria to lead a group of Cuban military personnel joining forces with Russia in their support of Assad, according to information received by the University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies.

On Wednesday, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that Cuban paramilitary and special forces units are on the ground in Syria, citing evidence from intelligence reports. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Cuban troops may have been training in Russia and may have arrived in Syria on Russian planes.

are you surprised?

There are some depraved Christians who support Assad just as there were some depraved
Christians who supported Saddam------the founders of BAATHISM included Christians. In
fact the MAIN guy-----I think----was a Christian. Russia is not exactly an orthodox
Christian country..
During the time of ASSAD----all the jews in that country FLED------there ain't none left. Lots
of the Christians also fled, Some even fled to Israel. During the time of Moghul rule
EVERYONE was delirious with joy. I know that because an Indian from New Dehli told me.
Everyone in India LONGS for the return of the MOGHULS. When do you think they will show

I do not live in the Middle East. So I have to rely on what people from there tell me. There is a disconnect between what you are telling me and what I have heard from orthodox Christians from the Middle East. I personally do not have a dog in this fight. I just hope U.S. will not become a party to Iraq like fiasco where so many innocent people were killed for nothing.

^ I commend Australia for being the first country to learn lessons from ouster of Saddam and Gaddafi. Look at Iraq. Is Iraq safer now than when Saddam was around? Look at Libya. Is Libya safer today than when Gaddafi was around?

They're f'ing Muslim countries. They're f'd up by definition.

safer or not safer for whom?

Use complete sentences, and I might understand you. Consider the art of the subject-verb agreement.

are you surprised?

Not at all. Putin is telling his allies (and friends) in no uncertain terms, "You are either with us or against us."

So far the situation is as below:

China - In Russian camp
Pakistan - In Russian camp
Iran - In Russian camp
Iraq - In Russian camp
Cuba - In Russian camp

India - Independent / Neutral

It is also interesting to note Putin's hostile attitude towards India simply because India decided to stay neutral.

Last edited:

Christian country..

I do not live in the Middle East. So I have to rely on what people from there tell me. There is a disconnect between what you are telling me and what I have heard from orthodox Christians from the Middle East. I personally do not have a dog in this fight. I just hope U.S. will not become a party to Iraq like fiasco where so many innocent people were killed for nothing.

The US is already in it along with Russia and Cuba......china -----seems ---according to your citation----ON THE WAY I have spoken to LOTS of eastern orthodox Christians from the middle east during my long
boring life. Lots and Lots. Talk to a few more. I have learned about an interesting commonality
in PERCEPTION as to quality of life and quality of society. Any person who is strong and wealthy
in any society believes that society to be one of JUSTICE. The kings and princes and big shots of
British Empire India-------long for the good old days of Queen Victoria -----I got it from a long ago
school mate-------a "Brahmin" from Calcutta----I think something like a suburb of Calcutta complained
about his old relatives who longed for the good old days before Gandhiji who, it seemed to them---
--ruined things
for them

are you surprised?

Not at all. Putin is telling his allies (and friends) in no uncertain terms, "You are either with us or against us."

China - In Russian camp
Iran - In Russian camp
Iraq - In Russian camp
Cuba - In Russian camp

It is also interesting to note Putin's hostile attitude towards India simply because India decided to stay neutral.

>>>>> ****** STAY NEUTRAL, INDIA!!!!!!!! Don't worry about PUTIN ----his attention will be diverted.

I wonder where turkey is going

are you surprised?

China - In Russian camp
Iran - In Russian camp
Iraq - In Russian camp
Cuba - In Russian camp

>>>>> ****** STAY NEUTRAL, INDIA!!!!!!!! Don't worry about PUTIN ----his attention will be diverted.

This war is primarily between Shias and Sunnis who want to kick out Shias from the power structure in the Middle East. Israel saw an opportunity in this to get even with Syria. Since neither Shias nor Sunnis have significant independent war making capacities, their respective supporters Russia and the U.S. got drawn into it.

U.S. should stay out of this mess though.

Pakistan is now firmly in Russian camp.

---

Pakistan believes Russia’s military action in Syria against ISIS helpful

ISLAMABAD – Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif has said that Russia’s current military operation against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and other terrorist groups is helpful for Syria and the whole region.

Russia’s military operation against terrorists in Syria can be helpful to thwart the threat which has been posed by the Islamic State in the region, the minister told IRNA news service. “The operations which are currently being done by Russians targeting Islamic State bases in Syria, I think they are augmenting the efforts against terrorists in Syria,” he said.

'Russians have historical relations with Syria. Russia is also concerned about the rise of Islamic State in Syria and this terrorist group is not only a threat to Syria or Iraq or countries of that region but it is threat to all mankind,” Asif said. Over the last 24 hours, Russia’s military aircraft have attacked positions of the Islamic State in the Hama, Idlib, Latakia and Raqqa provinces of Syria.

In total, 64 sorties targeted 63 Islamic State installations, among them 53 fortified zones, seven arms depots, four training camps and a command post, the Russia Today channel reported. The airstrikes were carried out by Sukhoi Su24M and Su-34 bombers and Su-25SM assault aircraft, with Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets ensuring air escort for the assault groups.

Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson Igor Konashenkov said that all aircraft of the task force operating in Syria successfully returned to the Khmeimim airbase having accomplished combat assignments. In the city of Saraqib in northwest Syria, an artillery position known for inflicting strikes on the nearby residential areas has been exposed and eliminated.

Pakistan believes Russia’s military action in Syria against ISIS helpful

are you surprised?

China - In Russian camp
Iran - In Russian camp
Iraq - In Russian camp
Cuba - In Russian camp

This war is primarily between Shias and Sunnis who want to kick out Shias from the power structure in the Middle East. Israel saw an opportunity in this to get even with Syria. Since neither Shias nor Sunnis have significant independent war making capacities, their respective supporters Russia and the U.S. got drawn into it.

your commentary is amazingly naïve-----you seem to know nothing at all about the situation-----OR_--more
likely you feel like playing dumb

are you surprised?

China - In Russian camp
Iran - In Russian camp
Iraq - In Russian camp
Cuba - In Russian camp

your commentary is amazingly naïve-----you seem to know nothing at all about the situation-----OR_--more
likely you feel like playing dumb

Syria is not a danger to the U.S. Syria cannot even defend itself against Sunni funded Islamists.

China is far bigger threat to the U.S. It is building up its military against the U.S. It threatening U.S. allies such as Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Australia, etc. Heck, even nuclear armed Pakistan which sheltered Osama bin Laden is far bigger threat to the U.S. than Syria.

Rosie is a nutcase. Out of her depth. Ignore her. She has a problem with secular Arab states. Supports Sunni Islamists.

Forum List

Back