The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do if you tried to avoid someone and they walked upon on you in what your perceived was a threatening manner, like maybe he was going to rob you or beat your ass? In my opinion, there are only three things to do; stand there and wait for him to do something or not do something (taking a chance), run (smart), or fight (depending on the circumstance smart or dumb)?

Are you suggesting that's what happened?

I think that zimmerman followed Martin after Martin tried to get away from him. I think that Martin felt threatened, that's why he initially ran from him. I think that zimmerman got out of his truck in order to pursue Martin. I think that they some how met up with each other when the confrontation began, and one if not more of the three actions I referenced happened.

OK, let's focus on the "some how met up with each other." How do you suppose that happened? The overwieght Zimmerman ran after and caught up to the athlletic Martin? Zimmerman laid in wait for Martin, even though he didnt know where he was going? Martin came back to where he knew Zimmerman was?

Did anyone see the judge grill Zimmerman directly about when "HE" would decide to testify or not?

Very bizarre

I couldn't believe how RUDE she was to him and his attorney!! I don't know a lot about it, but it sounds like that's not the "normal" procedure, that's why his attorney kept trying to object.....

All of that will help Zimmerman appeal, which given the bait and switch he should do (if found guilty).

That's the first thing I thought of. I'd think the defense could easily argue that their case may have been different if they had known they were dealing with a moving target.

Just heard something interesting. Rumor: O'Mara going to get on top of the dummy tomorrow and beat the shit out of it for 40 seconds to show the jury just how long that is.

I wonder how his father and his uncle will fare.

Another thing I wonder--why is there no talk of a foundation for Trayvon? It seems like that is what is done now to honor the memory of a victim. Maybe there is and I have had my head in the sand.

There are some good lawyers in FL --to be a fly on the wall when this case is discussed in private quarters. That would be interesting.
His parents have started a foundation They will be paid employees of it.

ok--That seems the right thing to do.

So many lives affected. Some good should come of this.

in other news--
Paula Deen dumps legal team after admitting slurs | www.ajc.com

Stay out of court. My dad's advice.

"Seems" is the operative word. They are capitalizing on any donations liberal heads of mush may send.

Please quit stating the black community. Just as in any incident, there is a minute amount of individuals that wish to wreak havoc in a given situation.

Please show me a black that is calling this hanging of a innocent man wrong.

I actually know quite a few. In fact, I don't know one that thinks he is guilty, in my group of friends.

And this -
Poll: Only 47% of Blacks Believe Zimmerman Is Guilty Of Murder
George zimmmerman self-defense | Breaking News for Black America

This poll was before the trial. I would suspect that number is even less today.

Very few people of any color believe he's guilty of murder. A pertinent poll would be regarding manslaughter.

Yeah, his parents get to retire. Too bad it's not for other unsupervised inner city 'children.' You know. Like li'l Trayvon.

not that important--but then what is it for?

pay me no mind--I am not processing well or something.

gullible--I know I am at times.

Let's say, for example, that I'm walking home from the store. I notice some guy stalking me. I think he's stopped, finally, but then I see him again. I do not know what he's up to, and I'm doing nothing wrong.

I want to know why he's following me. I think he's creepy, and I'm getting pissed. So I duck behind some bushes to see if he's still coming after me.

When he pops up AGAIN, I jump his creepy ass--because (1) I'm pissed, (2) he's a threat, and (3) I hope to teach him not to stalk people.

And then he shoots me dead as I'm pounding his creepy dumb ass.

I'd say that the creep should see some jail time. When creepy dumb asses look for trouble and find it--well, that isn't self defense. It's stupidity.

In the scenario described above you got what you deserved, assuming, of course, that you aren't being facetious.

One juror, according to people in the court room, refuses to make eye contact with the prosecutor. Two current or former CCW holders. Another who is a stay at home mom whose family are gun owners. Just don't see them convicting on murder 2. Don't think they convict on manslaughter either, because the focus was Murder 2 in the closing. That's what was pushed on them.

Juries are often very happy to compromise and hand out lesser charges.

The only charge they could legitimately convict on is littering.

Please quit stating the black community. Just as in any incident, there is a minute amount of individuals that wish to wreak havoc in a given situation.

Please Show me a right winger who said the shooting of that unarmed black kid was wrong.

You're lookin' at him. I'm a right-winger. :2up:

One juror, according to people in the court room, refuses to make eye contact with the prosecutor. Two current or former CCW holders. Another who is a stay at home mom whose family are gun owners. Just don't see them convicting on murder 2. Don't think they convict on manslaughter either, because the focus was Murder 2 in the closing. That's what was pushed on them.

Juries are often very happy to compromise and hand out lesser charges.

The only charge they could legitimately convict on is littering.

What fun would that be? Any scumbag dribbler could be convicted of that.

Yeah, his parents get to retire. Too bad it's not for other unsupervised inner city 'children.' You know. Like li'l Trayvon.

not that important--but then what is it for?

pay me no mind--I am not processing well or something.

gullible--I know I am at times.

End stand your ground and profiling

I was hauled up in class one night for saying something critical about public defenders, so I won't go there on this post because I was informed by the prof that most public defenders will be a better advocate than the lawyer who stops defending you because you violate "Rule number 1" the first time you are late on your payment. Zimmerman would not have had such good representation were it not for people who contributed to his defense. I didn't contribute to it, but I would contribute to his 'get out of the country' fund for him and his family if there is one WHEN he is found to be NOT guilty.

I wonder how his father and his uncle will fare.

Another thing I wonder--why is there no talk of a foundation for Trayvon? It seems like that is what is done now to honor the memory of a victim. Maybe there is and I have had my head in the sand.

There are some good lawyers in FL --to be a fly on the wall when this case is discussed in private quarters. That would be interesting.
[ame=http://youtu.be/t5KU34DrrPI]Barrett Strong - Money (That's What I Want) (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Are you suggesting that's what happened?

I think that zimmerman followed Martin after Martin tried to get away from him. I think that Martin felt threatened, that's why he initially ran from him. I think that zimmerman got out of his truck in order to pursue Martin. I think that they some how met up with each other when the confrontation began, and one if not more of the three actions I referenced happened.

OK, let's focus on the "some how met up with each other." How do you suppose that happened? The overwieght Zimmerman ran after and caught up to the athlletic Martin? Zimmerman laid in wait for Martin, even though he didnt know where he was going? Martin came back to where he knew Zimmerman was?

I have known and seen plenty of overweight people run, it wasn't like zimmerman was 400 pounds. If he was training in MMA, he probably was most DEFINITELY working on cardio. Here's an overweight guy, you don't think that he can run? The guy he fought looked pretty "athletic" and look what happened to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
So. How many hears can he get for manslaughter :)

Before the trial I was stating that manslaughter should be the charge.
But I do not see Zimmerman guilty of that now.
Agg Assault? What a joke that is as the facts do not show either one assaulted the other and if anything reasonable doubt is in Zimmerman's favor.

If you think aggravated assault was bad, try felony Murder 3 based on child abuse.

I actually know quite a few. In fact, I don't know one that thinks he is guilty, in my group of friends.

And this -
Poll: Only 47% of Blacks Believe Zimmerman Is Guilty Of Murder
George zimmmerman self-defense | Breaking News for Black America

This poll was before the trial. I would suspect that number is even less today.

It's good to see that some of them are sane. I hope to see some of them counter protest if there's riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back