The Reagan lie continues today...

Thought this thread was about Reagan. What would happen if a Marine Barracks were blown up by terrorist and killed 241 Marines, and the public found out the Marines on security, those Marines guarding the barracks, were ordered to carry unloaded weapons? Who do you suppose would get the blame?

Thought this thread was about Reagan. What would happen if a Marine Barracks were blown up by terrorist and killed 241 Marines, and the public found out the Marines on security, those Marines guarding the barracks, were ordered to carry unloaded weapons? Who do you suppose would get the blame?
A video on the internet, if it happened under a Democrat.

And whose lives are we talking about?

You seem to miss an important point. Getting the fed govt out of our live isn't about trying to balance the budget, it's about getting the fed govt out of our lives. The dept of edec in many peoples opinion does more harm than good. Our education system was better with local control. The left seems to think all solutions reside in washington, many of us know better.

That wasn't my question.

That wasn't my question.
Yeah it was. You just didnt like the answer. Which isnt my problem.

That wasn't my question.
What is wrong with you. I asked who would be blamed and you answered "A video...". A video is not a "who", it is a "what". If I wanted to know what caused the Marines to carry unloaded weapons I would have asked. I didn't ask that question. You just don't have the balls to answer the question I asked.

Last edited:
How many Embassies and Embassy annexes were attacked and how many were killed during those attacked during the Reagan era?

That wasn't my question.
What is wrong with you. I asked who would be blamed and you answered "A video...". A video is not a "who", it is a "what". If I wanted to know what caused the Marines to carry unloaded weapons I would have asked. I didn't ask that question. You just don't have the balls to answer the question I asked.
You're right and I apologize.
The maker fo the video would be blamed and railroaded by this administration.

That wasn't my question.
No one blamed a video for ordering Marines to carry unloaded weapons when the barracks were bombed by a suicide bomber.

That wasn't my question.
No one blamed a video for ordering Marines to carry unloaded weapons when the barracks were bombed by a suicide bomber.
You asked "what would happen" not what actually happened.
Your point has blown up in your face. Move on.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/03/21/the-g-o-p-s-economic-delusion

For one thing, decades of rhetoric about waste in Washington—one of Reagan’s favorite talking points—have skewed voter perceptions. “People think that there are a lot of ways to end fraud that would help balance the budget,” Nyhan says. Forty-nine per cent of those surveyed in a 2013 Fox News poll agreed that cutting “waste and fraud” could eliminate the national debt. In addition, voters have a poor sense of how government money is spent. When Trump says that he wants to close the Department of Education and the E.P.A., it might sound like a big saving. Yet their combined budgets amount to a small fraction of his proposed tax cut. Likewise with foreign aid: polls show that Americans think as much as a quarter of the federal budget goes to other countries, when it’s actually less than one per cent of total spending.
________________________________________________________________________________________

The Republicans learned from Reagan that a HUGE LIE can be forgiven if your party keeps telling the work how wonderful a President that you were, as the GOP does Reagan. Now, all the GOP hopefuls, especially the fraud Phrump, have also taken to heart the Great Reagan Lie.

The other fact that the article points out in that FOX news viewers are very to fool. They believe most anything FOX swears is true.
A lot of the Reagan legacy is kind of a lie, in the sense that what is often preached about Reagan isn't actually true.

What is true is that Reagan was a heck of a President and deserves the respect he gets. What is often forgotten is that Reagan was more than willing to negotiate his agenda to get what he could get. Reagan was more than willing to overlook minor differences in philosophy or policy to grow his party. This fiction that the lesson from Reagan is No Compromise! on policy or philosophy is complete baloney. Good God, the man was willing to negotiate with the Communists to wind down the Cold War!

There's a lot to be learned from Reagan. Unfortunately no one has learned it.

That wasn't my question.
I specifically asked who would be blamed. You have not answered the question about how many Embassies and Embassy annexes were attacked so I'll give you a different question. How many Americans were kidnapped by terrorist during the Reagan era?

I specifically asked who would be blamed. You have not answered the question about how many Embassies and Embassy annexes were attacked so I'll give you a different question. How many Americans were kidnapped by terrorist during the Reagan era?
You're simply pathetic.

Oh the days when it went up from paltry to a pittance!!! Now Obama has how much on the grandkids' tab???

Greg
========
It is the REPUBLICANS who refuse to pay any taxes to pay for the wars they started which is where the largest part of the deficit comes from.

During Vietnam we had an Income Tax Surcharge to pay for the war and we came out of it almost debt free and the small debt was soon paid off and the Surcharge was removed.

But today, Repubicans refuse to pay ANY tax to pay down the debt and they have all signed Grover Norquist's " No tax ever for any reason " treasonous pledges.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/03/21/the-g-o-p-s-economic-delusion

For one thing, decades of rhetoric about waste in Washington—one of Reagan’s favorite talking points—have skewed voter perceptions. “People think that there are a lot of ways to end fraud that would help balance the budget,” Nyhan says. Forty-nine per cent of those surveyed in a 2013 Fox News poll agreed that cutting “waste and fraud” could eliminate the national debt. In addition, voters have a poor sense of how government money is spent. When Trump says that he wants to close the Department of Education and the E.P.A., it might sound like a big saving. Yet their combined budgets amount to a small fraction of his proposed tax cut. Likewise with foreign aid: polls show that Americans think as much as a quarter of the federal budget goes to other countries, when it’s actually less than one per cent of total spending.
________________________________________________________________________________________

The Republicans learned from Reagan that a HUGE LIE can be forgiven if your party keeps telling the work how wonderful a President that you were, as the GOP does Reagan. Now, all the GOP hopefuls, especially the fraud Phrump, have also taken to heart the Great Reagan Lie.

The other fact that the article points out in that FOX news viewers are very to fool. They believe most anything FOX swears is true.

I find it comical that anyone cites Raygun for anything. He tripled the national debt, signed amnesty for millions of illegals, and was one of the worst criminals ever elected in the US.

And you are right about the BIG LIE. The GOP and its propaganda outlets Faux News and con-radio know the big lie works well with the Republican base. Trickle-down economics being the biggest, which they still club their followers with every year.

Oh the days when it went up from paltry to a pittance!!! Now Obama has how much on the grandkids' tab???

Greg
========
It is the REPUBLICANS who refuse to pay any taxes to pay for the wars they started which is where the largest part of the deficit comes from.

During Vietnam we had an Income Tax Surcharge to pay for the war and we came out of it almost debt free and the small debt was soon paid off and the Surcharge was removed.

But today, Repubicans refuse to pay ANY tax to pay down the debt and they have all signed Grover Norquist's " No tax ever for any reason " treasonous pledges.
Federal debt in June 1964 (start of Vietnam War)--$311B
Federal debt in June 1975 (end of war)-$620B.

Why do people repeat lies and think it doesn't matter? Are they that stupid?

Greg
========

"The debt from World War II was never repaid..." Paul Wrong in the Trillion Column Krugman

Greg
========

The gop held the WH from 69-75. Jus sayin. LOL

Greg
========

The gop held the WH from 69-75. Jus sayin. LOL
Congress controls spending, as Im sure you know. Jus sayin.

Okay. let's talk numbers...

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Reagan increased the national debt 186% from the level that Carter left him
GW Bush increased the national debt 101% from the level that Clinton left him
Obama has increased the national debt 55.4%

So the Republicans talk a good game, but they increase the national debt even more than a Democratic administration. And many of us are still struggling to recover from the mess that GW left us.

You're tarnishing the reverent image conservatives have of the brain addled buffoon......who took guidance from his wife who took guidance from a fortune teller.....need anyone say more?

Yikes!

WASHINGTON, May 3— President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, are both deeply interested in astrology, the White House spokesman, Marlin Fitzwater, said today, and two former White House officials said Mrs. Reagan's concerns had influenced the scheduling of important events.

A California astrologer said she had been consulted by the Reagans regarding key White House decisions, but Mr. Reagan said astrology had not influenced policy.

White House Confirms Reagans Follow Astrology, Up to a Point
You think the Reagans following Astrology is bad? You should see the body count the Clintons have racked up in their quest for power, now THAT is deserving of a horror or a thiller movie. :lmao:
can you give us this body count you speak of... I didn't think so
Bill Clinton Killed 50 People
Not directly, of course.

Bill Clinton Killed 50 People

Forum List

Back