The Rise of a New Black Conservative Movement

Until now, Black Conservatives were expected to act like Uncle Toms, spouting Conservative blame the victim rhetoric.

If the Republican Party really wants to attract blacks, they have to abandon their ā€œplantationā€ rhetoric and stop their support of the Deplorables
No, thatā€™s how the left treats black conservatives. All you have to do is listen to how black liberals describe Clarence Thomas.
Clarence Thomas is anothet black raxcist promote because he satys what they wanttohear. The black conservatives in the OP have nothing to do with sellouts.

But there is another evolution occurring, especially on the right, one that has gone largely unnoticed until now. This change is happening in the realm of the black conservative movement with a growing number of right-leaning black Americans pushing for a change in GOP and the overall conservative movement.

So what does this look like?

It looks like conservatives talking about blacks as people deserving of dignity instead of treating them as mentally inferior. It means seeing them as fellow Americans instead of slaves on a fictional plantation.

We favor an approach that involves up-close conversation and discourse instead of the mindless repeating of banal platitudes about Chicagoā€™s homicide rates from a distance.

Our focus isnā€™t just on Trump and the presidency; it is on winning black voters at the local and state levels, and in the legislative branch. Weā€™re more likely to favor an organization like the Empower America Project, which is training minority and women candidates to run for office, over a group like Blexit, which has failed to reach black Americans because it still uses the traditional black conservative messaging strategy.

Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ā€˜60s. It was off-putting then, and itā€™s off-putting now.

The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities.

Since the ā€˜60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks donā€™t vote for Republicans because they just want ā€œfree stuff.ā€ Yes, thatā€™s yet another stereotype that should be debunked.

We wish to see the Republican Party return to its roots as the Party of Lincoln ā€” a party that valued its relationship to black Americans. We want a conservative movement that attracts black voters instead of repelling them.

Until now, Black Conservatives were expected to act like Uncle Toms, spouting Conservative blame the victim rhetoric.

If the Republican Party really wants to attract blacks, they have to abandon their ā€œplantationā€ rhetoric and stop their support of the Deplorables
Exactly. That's what blacks keep telling them and it is certainly what these black republicans are doing.

Wouldn't it make more sense to burn the Republican Party down and start over with a party which wasn't cobbled together on a foundation of racism? The Ronald Reagan coalition welcomed Dixiecrats and racists of all stripes because Reagan was smart enough that he couldn't win without them. He pitted rural whites against urban black, declaring ketchup a vegetable for school lunches and railed against inner city "welfare queens" popping out babies to increase their income.

Republicans have betrayed everything that conservatives stand for: expanding the size of government, not shrinking it; running huge, fiscally irresponsible deficits. Their fiscal policies have now crashed the economy during three of the last four times they've held the White House, and the Reagan tax code created the biggest transfer of wealth in world history - all of it upward.

The whole party is toxic to minorities, women, religious minorities and gays. Even mainstream Christians are poorly served by Republicans. If you're not a straight white male, Repubicans have nothing for you. Even worse, they'll see your membership as a validation of their toxic white male agenda.
A foundation of racism? Democrats were founded on slavery, and they still believe in slavery to the state.

Republicans believe in equal individual rights, not special rights or elevated special interest groups.

Dems live by Marxist ideals, and use identity politics to stay in power. They are the modern day Bolsheviks in the way they talk, and the way they act.
Bullshit.

No, thatā€™s how the left treats black conservatives. All you have to do is listen to how black liberals describe Clarence Thomas.
Clarence Thomas is anothet black raxcist promote because he satys what they wanttohear. The black conservatives in the OP have nothing to do with sellouts.

But there is another evolution occurring, especially on the right, one that has gone largely unnoticed until now. This change is happening in the realm of the black conservative movement with a growing number of right-leaning black Americans pushing for a change in GOP and the overall conservative movement.

It looks like conservatives talking about blacks as people deserving of dignity instead of treating them as mentally inferior. It means seeing them as fellow Americans instead of slaves on a fictional plantation.

We favor an approach that involves up-close conversation and discourse instead of the mindless repeating of banal platitudes about Chicagoā€™s homicide rates from a distance.

Our focus isnā€™t just on Trump and the presidency; it is on winning black voters at the local and state levels, and in the legislative branch. Weā€™re more likely to favor an organization like the Empower America Project, which is training minority and women candidates to run for office, over a group like Blexit, which has failed to reach black Americans because it still uses the traditional black conservative messaging strategy.

Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ā€˜60s. It was off-putting then, and itā€™s off-putting now.

The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities.

Since the ā€˜60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks donā€™t vote for Republicans because they just want ā€œfree stuff.ā€ Yes, thatā€™s yet another stereotype that should be debunked.

We wish to see the Republican Party return to its roots as the Party of Lincoln ā€” a party that valued its relationship to black Americans. We want a conservative movement that attracts black voters instead of repelling them.

[/.

Explain how Clarence Thomas is a ā€œsell-outā€.

Exactly. That's what blacks keep telling them and it is certainly what these black republicans are doing.

Wouldn't it make more sense to burn the Republican Party down and start over with a party which wasn't cobbled together on a foundation of racism? The Ronald Reagan coalition welcomed Dixiecrats and racists of all stripes because Reagan was smart enough that he couldn't win without them. He pitted rural whites against urban black, declaring ketchup a vegetable for school lunches and railed against inner city "welfare queens" popping out babies to increase their income.

Republicans have betrayed everything that conservatives stand for: expanding the size of government, not shrinking it; running huge, fiscally irresponsible deficits. Their fiscal policies have now crashed the economy during three of the last four times they've held the White House, and the Reagan tax code created the biggest transfer of wealth in world history - all of it upward.

The whole party is toxic to minorities, women, religious minorities and gays. Even mainstream Christians are poorly served by Republicans. If you're not a straight white male, Repubicans have nothing for you. Even worse, they'll see your membership as a validation of their toxic white male agenda.
A foundation of racism? Democrats were founded on slavery, and they still believe in slavery to the state.

Republicans believe in equal individual rights, not special rights or elevated special interest groups.

Dems live by Marxist ideals, and use identity politics to stay in power. They are the modern day Bolsheviks in the way they talk, and the way they act.
Bullshit.

LOL, typical. Canā€™t refute anything I said, so you huff and puff like a child.

Maybe you support trannies peeing in the Ladies room. That's probably another issue big in the Black Community. :thup:
Black pastors do not approve of that. Or abortion. No sir!

Tim Scott is leading the effort to recruit Black voters to the GOP. The Dims must get 90% of the Black vote to win elections. That has been their formula since the late 1960's. Tim is a good guy. He says Trump will get at least 15% of the Black vote in 2020. If he is correct the Dims are toast.
That will not happen. But you don't seem to see how ludicrous your argument is. If 85 percent of the blacks in America can't stand trump that makes everything OK.

Blacks are slowly trending away from the Dim Party. That is a good thing imho.
Since I am black and know that is not the case, you might be wise to listen.
You might fuck off and take a look into your racist mirror, dumbass.

Whites telling blacks what blacks think.

Interesting OP though. If the Pubs had any smarts they would realize there is a wealth of conservatism to be mined the black, hispanic and muslim communities.

But the Pubs don't seem to be able to get it...or adjust their strategy...or maybe their base won't let them.

If you want to pin a political label on a segment of society and call reasonable Black Americans "conservatives" it's your call but it don't make you a conservative if you are sick of being pandered to. How in the world can the democrat party claim that a simple basic item like a photo I.D. in the 21st century would discriminate against Black people? In't it insulting to be pandered to and used in an effort to circumvent the electoral process? Democrats don't give a shit about Black people. Their effort to reverse the voter I.D. law was intended to make it easy for lilly white liberals and illegal aliens vote in multiple venues.

Bullshit. The voter ID laws were targeted as one judge put it ā€œto focus with laser like precisionā€ on the poor and racial minorities in poor southern states.

Republicans have done everything possible to disenfranchise poor people and non-whites, and women. In Texas, women had to present their birth certificate and their driverā€™s license and the names had to match. As a married woman, my birth certificate has my maiden name, and my drivers license has my married name.

Unless the state is using a free form of ID which is easily available in every village, town and community in America, it will be used to Republican advantage because there are not enough Republican voters left in America for them to win fairly.

Republicans have not won the popular vote in any Congressional elections in years. Theyā€™ve held the House by voter suppression and gerrymandering. Theyā€™ve only won the popular Presidential vote once since 1990 - in 2006 and yet Republicans have held the White House for 12 of the last 20 years, and the House got 15 of those 20 years.

This isnā€™t a democracy by any stretch, when the will of the people is constantly bring thwarted by the minority party which has now collapsed the economy twice.

Republicans have no clue how to hsnff dc is the economy. Theyā€™re useless. Other countries economies arenā€™t totally collapsing in this pandemic.
Republicans have learned to rule from a minority.
But they are losing the demographic war as old white Christian males are dying out

They have started phase 2 where if they can no longer win elections, they have stacked the courts with young Conservatives.
They will raise court challenges of every piece of Democratic legislation and win.
Seems that is going to be the case. The country will move backwards.

I understand. Any Black person you disagree with is an uncle tom. Got it!!! :thup:
No, because philosophically I don't agree with the black conservatives in the OP relative to the role of government. However, I could work with them because they do not deny the impact of racism therefore what they bring to the table would be part of the solution. Candace Owens panders to the racist element in the republican party by repeating the same message they believe about blacks. So she is an uncle tom.
I was going to agree with you until that last sentence. I hate anyone being called that for their beliefs.
I can respect that but when your belief causes people to get gunned down by men acting like they are police and creates great suffering for others that look like you and you know that's false because you got paid 37,500 dollars due to the fact you were racially harrassed, then you are an uncle tom, sellout, no good whatsoever.

Gay marriage? Free Healthcare for illegal aliens? Global Warming?
Maybe you support trannies peeing in the Ladies room. That's probably another issue big in the Black Community. :thup:

Tim Scott is leading the effort to recruit Black voters to the GOP. The Dims must get 90% of the Black vote to win elections. That has been their formula since the late 1960's. Tim is a good guy. He says Trump will get at least 15% of the Black vote in 2020. If he is correct the Dims are toast.
Scott is a good Republican
He hasnā€™t drank the Trump Kool Aid

He sees a trend of Blacks moving away from the Dim Party. I believe he is correct. The issues I listed
Gay marriage? Free Healthcare for illegal aliens? Global Warming? Those speak to white urban progressive snowflakes. There is no Dim message for Black America. None.
Blacks are not moving away from the democratic party. You want that to be true but, you will learn that it is not. Republicans are the ones with no message for blacks. All republicans have is gaslighting.

I have never really heard Owens say anything different than what the establishment does.

Yep. That's because Owens represents the type of black person the republican establishment likes. The sellout.

I had misread your thread, I thought you were attributing the movement to those like Owens rather than against it. Never really like Owens myself because she did not have anything new to say and it grates on me when some of the same bullshit is said by people that are clearly smart enough to know better though those topics were not really related to race in any way. In many ways, Shapiro does the same thing, he is just more entertaining doing it.

The right needs a new movement, they clearly are not appealing to minorities atm. I do not rally believe it is there yet though.
No problem. These black conservatives are new to the scene and its about time some of them spoke up. But they are going to have a hard road in the current republican party.

Racists are from both parties and racists comes in all colors. IM2 is proof of that.
IM2 is not proof of that. And the democratic party is not controlled by racists. Now when you find me instances where blacks implemented laws and policies to purposefully exclude whites from opportunity, we can talk about black racism.
BS on both counts, IM2.......you are not the one to judge yourself, your peers are, and they say quite different what you think of yourself.
The republican party does have racists in it, but they are not controlling the party. Only a racist would think that.
The democrat party does have racists in it, but they are not controlling the party.
My peers are not here and my peers say differently. You call me a racist for opposing white racism. You are practicing racial gaslighting. You do that because of white fragility and that gaslighting is the defensive mechanism you use. Racists do control the republican party and it is not racist to make that comment. If racists did not control your party, trump would never have been nominated. He would have been discarded right after he started. Instead he was the nominee and even as he continues exhibiting racism you guys have increased your support for him and are hoping to give him a second term. Meanwhile serious and real conservatives have left the party.

I think he would know.

I am not the one lying to myself.

That's exactly what a liar would say
Nice try. But I know I am right and your gaslighting doesn't change anything. That's why 75 percent of the asians in this country are democrats and you are an outlier on the fringe.
Unfortunately, Asians don't have a good track record as far as human rights in the world.

The Demonrat Party seems like a good fit for them.
They have a better record than whites.

Racists are from both parties and racists comes in all colors. IM2 is proof of that.
IM2 is not proof of that. And the democratic party is not controlled by racists. Now when you find me instances where blacks implemented laws and policies to purposefully exclude whites from opportunity, we can talk about black racism.
BS on both counts, IM2.......you are not the one to judge yourself, your peers are, and they say quite different what you think of yourself.
The republican party does have racists in it, but they are not controlling the party. Only a racist would think that.
The democrat party does have racists in it, but they are not controlling the party.
My peers are not here and my peers say differently. You call me a racist for opposing white racism. You are practicing racial gaslighting. You do that because of white fragility and that gaslighting is the defensive mechanism you use. Racists do control the republican party and it is not racist to make that comment. If racists did not control your party, trump would never have been nominated. He would have been discarded right after he started. Instead he was the nominee and even as he continues exhibiting racism you guys have increased your support for him and are hoping to give him a second term. Meanwhile serious and real conservatives have left the party.

I think he would know.
Ever watched the movie Gaslight
I have
Iā€™ve seen more gaslighting from Andrew Sullivan than any con

Gay marriage? Free Healthcare for illegal aliens? Global Warming?

Scott is a good Republican
He hasnā€™t drank the Trump Kool Aid

He sees a trend of Blacks moving away from the Dim Party. I believe he is correct. The issues I listed
Gay marriage? Free Healthcare for illegal aliens? Global Warming? Those speak to white urban progressive snowflakes. There is no Dim message for Black America. None.
Blacks are not moving away from the democratic party. You want that to be true but, you will learn that it is not. Republicans are the ones with no message for blacks. All republicans have is gaslighting.
And upward mobility in America that is non-government dependant.

I am not the one lying to myself.

That's exactly what a liar would say
Nice try. But I know I am right and your gaslighting doesn't change anything. That's why 75 percent of the asians in this country are democrats and you are an outlier on the fringe.
Unfortunately, Asians don't have a good track record as far as human rights in the world.

The Demonrat Party seems like a good fit for them.
They have a better record than whites.
What do blacks have a record of? Rape? Robbery? Riots? Sup?

Forum List

Back