Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate

The FBI infiltrates a lot of criminal organizations. The way to avoid them is don’t pal around with criminals

So the Trump campaign was a criminal enterprise? You just discredited your opinion in one sentence.....
He pals around with criminals. And yes, his campaign was a criminal enterprise. He pocketed political donations, for one. He conspired with foreign governments to receive stolen emails and win an election.

Those are criminal acts. Sorry rube.
whose emails?

Clapper said there was an informant inside of the Trump campaign....no link can change his own words...he now has said it in multiple interviews....trying to make it sound like it happens every day in every election...to deny it is fool hearty fake news...
The FBI infiltrates a lot of criminal organizations. The way to avoid them is don’t pal around with criminals.
too funny. you really have gone full traitor.

Which Republicans in Congress aren’t "establishment"? What makes them establishment? Time served?

Louie Gohmert? Been in Congress since 2005.
Jim Jordan? Since 2007.
Mark Meadows? Since 2013.

Pretty swampy! Especially since they all campaigned on not being career politicians - they’d go to Washington, then back to their great careers.

How’d that work out, rube?
No not time served but words stated....many of the swampers have exposed themselves and many of them are retiring safe seats that will be won by Trumpers....I bet you can't wait for that....Buuuuuaaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

He pals around with criminals. And yes, his campaign was a criminal enterprise. He pocketed political donations, for one. He conspired with foreign governments to receive stolen emails and win an election.

:cuckoo:

You're splitting hairs. Informant, spy, it doesn't matter with regard to intent really. Trump is suggesting that the intent was to get intel on his campaign for political reasons, and that just doesn't wash.

You righties need to learn when to take a win where you can get them and not defend Trump just to defend Trump. The presence of an informant there in the campaign specifically to monitor/report on Russian involvement in the campaign and still no indictments for actual Russian collusion basically wraps that up. Mueller will run down his indictments pertaining to things that have cursory-at-best ties to the original intent of the investigation and it'll end with a whimper.
I'm the one splitting hairs? I'm the one saying its one hair...if the informant was inside of Obama's campaign you would be on fire with anger....Trump said they infiltrated his campaign....do you disagree with that? How can anyone disagree with that sentence???
Did the irs audit anybody involved in his campaign in 2016? Would you say that’s the IRS infiltrating and interfering with the campaign too? It’s a stupid argument. The FBI was investigating RUSSIAN crimes, not spying for political dirt like Trump is trying to imply with the spygate narrative. Gowdy just shut it down. End of story
not really. so far anything RUSSIA related hasn't proven to be very accurate. we have a meeting in a building behind a closed door is as much as i gather so far.

the real question is that by allowing this in ANY form, the next generation will say "hold my beer" and push it.

and at that point i'm sure the left will shit a herd of bulffalo in anger.

You're splitting hairs. Informant, spy, it doesn't matter with regard to intent really. Trump is suggesting that the intent was to get intel on his campaign for political reasons, and that just doesn't wash.

You righties need to learn when to take a win where you can get them and not defend Trump just to defend Trump. The presence of an informant there in the campaign specifically to monitor/report on Russian involvement in the campaign and still no indictments for actual Russian collusion basically wraps that up. Mueller will run down his indictments pertaining to things that have cursory-at-best ties to the original intent of the investigation and it'll end with a whimper.
I'm the one splitting hairs? I'm the one saying its one hair...if the informant was inside of Obama's campaign you would be on fire with anger....Trump said they infiltrated his campaign....do you disagree with that? How can anyone disagree with that sentence???
Did the irs audit anybody involved in his campaign in 2016? Would you say that’s the IRS infiltrating and interfering with the campaign too? It’s a stupid argument. The FBI was investigating RUSSIAN crimes, not spying for political dirt like Trump is trying to imply with the spygate narrative. Gowdy just shut it down. End of story
not really. so far anything RUSSIA related hasn't proven to be very accurate. we have a meeting in a building behind a closed door is as much as i gather so far.

the real question is that by allowing this in ANY form, the next generation will say "hold my beer" and push it.

By allowing what? What is it that you are objecting too? Investigating crimes when there is evidence or suspicion of crimes?

By allowing what? What is it that you are objecting too? Investigating crimes when there is evidence or suspicion of crimes?
putting a "plant" (call it what you will) into the opposite campaign for XYZ reason. we keep hearing NO POLITICAL PURPOSE but come on - look who was in there. do you really think they stuck with only "yes/no" on russia questions?

we also have no concrete evidence of a crime to begin with and the FISA warrants have already been deemed illegal.

It Is Complicated – FISA Court Found FAULT With NSA, FBI, And Obama Of Illegally Spying On Trump Team – MSM Keeps Quiet. – Investment Watch Blog

questionable at best.

so all we need to do is have some emotional tie to a crime and we can now put someone into the opposing camp to watch what they do. if you're ok with this, fine. i'm not. not because i'm defending trump but because i think it's a horrible way of conducting our government in general.

Top Democrat says Obama shares responsibility for Russia's meddling

Oh dear, a top democrat is blaming the Obama administration for ignoring Russian meddling. This crap just has to stop, otherwise, how can we vote straight down party lines?

It's almost as if Obama and company thought Russian meddling was OK......until Trump won the Oval Office?

Hmm. Maybe Obama let it happen to try and use it against Trump knowing Hillary was doomed.

To be honest, I grow weary of all the conspiracy theories on both sides. We know nothing will come of any of it whether they be true of false and we already know both parties are hopelessly corrupt. Some people just like to watch monkeys sling poo.

Oh dear, a top democrat is blaming the Obama administration for ignoring Russian meddling. This crap just has to stop, otherwise, how can we vote straight down party lines?

It's almost as if Obama and company thought Russian meddling was OK......until Trump won the Oval Office?

Hmm. Maybe Obama let it happen to try and use it against Trump knowing Hillary was doomed.

To be honest, I grow weary of all the conspiracy theories on both sides. We know nothing will come of any of it whether they be true of false and we already know both parties are hopelessly corrupt. Some people just like to watch monkeys sling poo.
this is why i don't buy TRUMP/RUSSIA. we've been doing it to each other for eons. this is nothing new.

yet now cause it's politically expedient, it matters. obama didn't do a thing about it until they lost and needed an excuse that didn't include their policies.

D23664C9-63CF-4168-927F-231BB1F4E52D.jpeg

:cuckoo:
The indictments and the guilty pleas say otherwise.

Those pleas have NOTHING to do with the original investigation. They just caught a bunch of them lying about various things that do NOTHING for the investigation.

How hard is it to find liars on Capital Hill like Hillary who lies with impunity?

putting a "plant" (call it what you will) into the opposite campaign for XYZ reason. we keep hearing NO POLITICAL PURPOSE but come on - look who was in there. do you really think they stuck with only "yes/no" on russia questions?

we also have no concrete evidence of a crime to begin with and the FISA warrants have already been deemed illegal.

It Is Complicated – FISA Court Found FAULT With NSA, FBI, And Obama Of Illegally Spying On Trump Team – MSM Keeps Quiet. – Investment Watch Blog

questionable at best.

so all we need to do is have some emotional tie to a crime and we can now put someone into the opposing camp to watch what they do. if you're ok with this, fine. i'm not. not because i'm defending trump but because i think it's a horrible way of conducting our government in general.
Name one credible person who has seen the intel who denies Russia’s illegal actions and involvement with the election. Cause I can name many who support that claim including Pompeo who was Trumps appointed director of the CIA. All the other Trump appointed directors agree as well so how can you deny that there were crimes taking place?

You also have no evidence of politicalization of the investigation from this so called spy. We didn’t hear anything about this during the election. Know what we did hear all about? The Clinton investigation. Talk about playing politics. You wisely said yourself that after hearing Treys take you need to rethink. That’s a good idea. It isn’t just the MSM that pumps out spin and propaganda. The Trumpsters and right wing media are distorting the shit out of this situation and none of it is backed up by facts.

The indictments and the guilty pleas say otherwise.

Kind of disingenuous on your part...

Most of those so called indictments were against those Mueller 13 Russian companies that had no relation to or contact with the Trump campaign or family...and will never see a courtroom in the USA...except one that is fighting back against Mueller and forcing him to show evidence he never expected to have to show....oh oooooooooooooooooooo

You are stepping all over yourself. In one breath are are bitching about them investigating the Russians and calling it spying and outrageous... then in the next breath you say they did nothing about the Russians. I realize any narrative that makes Obama or the Dems look bad is attractive to you but try and sort out the logic before you make yourself sound foolish.

questionable at best.

Name one credible person who has seen the intel who denies Russia’s illegal actions and involvement with the election. Cause I can name many who support that claim including Pompeo who was Trumps appointed director of the CIA. All the other Trump appointed directors agree as well so how can you deny that there were crimes taking place?

You also have no evidence of politicalization of the investigation from this so called spy. We didn’t hear anything about this during the election. Know what we did hear all about? The Clinton investigation. Talk about playing politics. You wisely said yourself that after hearing Treys take you need to rethink. That’s a good idea. It isn’t just the MSM that pumps out spin and propaganda. The Trumpsters and right wing media are distorting the shit out of this situation and none of it is backed up by facts.
what actions did they specifically take?

let me start there.

questionable at best.

I really can't believe they're going with this. dude, they'd have shit a cow if this had been hitlery. you and I know that. when one is disingenuous, they are always disingenuous.

Trey Gowdy is a smart man and unquestionably a Republican in my opinion.

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said on Tuesday that the FBI’s use of an informant for the Trump campaign in 2016 was appropriate, joining top Democrats in disputing President Donald Trump’s characterization of the informant as a spy.

"Separately, Gowdy said Trump’s detractors including Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, are “doing a disservice to our fellow citizens” when they do not “make it clear” that the president is not a “target” of the investigation."

Snicker...…………...

questionable at best.

I really can't believe they're going with this. dude, they'd have shit a cow if this had been hitlery. you and I know that. when one is disingenuous, they are always disingenuous.
and this is my core issue. has nothing to do with trump or the election at this point and everything to do with what we'll allow our government to do. our *hate* is allowing some very questionable behavior to be OK'd cause we hate trump.

sooner or later this will be used against someone they like and then what? they said it's ok to put someone into the opposing camp for "non political reasons". now how we can make it "non political" when it's the campaign to run for president i have no idea. seems convenient to me and an easy way out so you don't have to understand the bullshit going on.

so when people believe "it wasn't political" it's because they want to.

Forum List

Back