Trump Proposed "Armed Security Guards" in Every School

/——-/ A waste of time and resources? You gun grabbers are screeching to ban guns to protect children. You worried about losing your favorite campaign plank to repeal the 2nd amendment because the problem has been solved?

Who are you speaking to, me? I'm not a "gun grabber", but thanks for revealing the real motive for these armed guards. It's not at all about what's best for kids. It is 100% about what will protect your gun rights.

BTW, I'm a gun owner.

I value good education

Something children are not getting enough of in the public schools

Well then step on up buddy. Get in there and start subbing. And then tell us about all your wonderful ideas and how great you are.

True. The armed guard at Stoneman Douglas wasn’t up to the job.

In the Louisville bank shooting I believe the armed guard was killed.

Armed guards will not stop very shooter but will be able to stop some perhaps most.
I wouldn't have gone in that building either if all I was armed with was a pistol against a fully automatic long gun. ESPECIALLY after he WARNED them about Cruz and he personally tried to get him involuntarily committed for I think it's 72 hours, but everyone who was worried more about something like that going on his record and ruining his future than the safety and well being of everyone around him, wouldn't allow it.

So they make Scott Pierson the sacrificial goat (or lamb) and prosecute him for failure as a "caregiver" or some other such nonsense. Last I heard his case was still making it's way through the legal system:
Trial Reset for Former BSO Deputy Over Conflicts With Parkland Shooter Sentencing

I never said i was great

But you obviously think you are God’s gift to education

No, you're just offended because you think, when you speak on what teachers should and should not do, you speak with some kind of authority. Here is where you would speak with authority: if I were teaching your child. I am not, so what you have to say to me about the career I've carried for 30 years is of almost no value. Because you went to school does not mean you know jack about teaching, in the same way that being in the hospital does not give one an inside look at nursing or riding on a plane does not give insight into piloting.

No. Really. Take that in. Since you love to pontificate about teaching, get in there, roll up your sleeves and substitute for just five days. Do it. Then report back.

Same premise as having air marshals on flights in plane clothes.

That's essentially what we do have in schools now. We have a police officer who stops in maybe once a week or so, just like you MAY have an air marshal on your plane. Trump is talking about having a full time armed security guard in every school in the USA. Like I guess even that school in Wyoming with 10 students....

So many reasons, but mostly because it's wasteful and potentially dangerous. Wasteful because the cost of employing such a person given the odds of him/her ever being needed is extremely low. Dangerous because if you were a demonic, potential school shooter with a clean record--well, there's your in.

I wouldn't have gone in that building either if all I was armed with was a pistol against a fully automatic long gun.
Sure, just collect your pay along with free housing as long as its safe

Then when the s@@t hits the fan turn in your badge and go hide somewhere

Btw: Cruz did not have “a fully automatic” long gun

That's essentially what we do have in schools now. We have a police officer who stops in maybe once a week or so, just like you MAY have an air marshal on your plane. Trump is talking about having a full time armed security guard in every school in the USA. Like I guess even that school in Wyoming with 10 students....
If only we could predict the future :-(

No, you're just offended because you think, when you speak on what teachers should and should not do, you speak with some kind of authority.
Got it

You think you know it all and to hell with any outsider who thinks armed security is a good idea or that grooming children is bad

If only we could predict the future :-(

I mean....sadly....many, many teachers can. Look at the teacher who was shot by a first grader, and the Stoneman Douglas shooting. Deeply disturbed students and this was well-known. But my profession--the BIG failing that's not being addressed is that we talk out of both sides of our mouths on this. On one side, "If you see something, say something."

"Okay. I fear my student is violent and disturbed."

"Oh well, just build a relationship with him and 'love on' him and I'm sure it will be fine. Have you tried asking him about his weekend?"

I'm not kidding about the above. Teachers of my vintage can tell when students are just misbehaving, or naughty, or traumatized or have behavior disorders--or are potentially DANGEROUS. But our admin brushes it off.

Got it

You think you know it all and to hell with any outsider who thinks armed security is a good idea or that grooming children is bad

Oh can this crap. Come on. Weakest low blow in the arsenal. I disagree with you and clearly know what I'm doing so come at me with "I must agree with grooming".

No, I don't. It's abhorrent. There, now slink away.

Having to work in some high security penal atmosphere comes to mind Sue ~S~

Right. A few weeks ago, I remember some here were wanting the kids to not have recess. Hello. Have you ever met a six year old boy?

Dress them up in civilian clothes and concealed carry practices will make them stand out less. The employees are the only ones who need to know who the guards are, same with school staffs. They can also do other jobs for cover, they don't have to just stand around wearing a figurative bull's eye and be spotted from a mile off. They can look like grounds keepers or bus drivers, or even teachers.

That is hilarious.

Forum List

Back