Trump refuses to disavow KKK

Come on Donald....no brainer

Trump on white supremacist support: - CNNPolitics.com

Asked if he'd broadly distance himself from those groups, Trump demurred, saying he knew nothing about their support for his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

"I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about," Trump said. "You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong. You may have groups in there that are totally fine -- it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know."

Trump said he didn't know anything about David Duke, yet in 2000 he said

Former Klan leader at center of latest GOP campaign joust

"In 2000, he wrote a New York Times op-ed explaining why he abandoned the possibility of running for president on the Reform Party ticket. He wrote of an "underside" and "fringe element" of the party, concluding, "I leave the Reform Party to David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani. That is not company I wish to keep.""

Suddenly David Duke is okay to have, when you're fighting for the white racist vote in the Deep South.

Trump won't disavow support from KKK, David Duke - Stormfront

Same "debate" happening on our favorite far right, racist, fascist message board.

Some quotes

"Paradoxically it does reassure me that Trump is very racially aware and for certain on our side."

"Btw Trump did disawow Duke.. but then mixed it up with "I don't know who he is". He's playing the game that needs to be played to be elected but skirting hints everywhere. This most of all is going to bring national attention and more followers to David Duke.

I'm loving all of it"

"He knows full well who David Duke is. He's just evading the question because he knows who his real supporters are."

"The politically expedient thing to do is disavow any Klan support. And, the Klans and WNist understand this. His reply was nothing less than an act of moral courage. His political positions along with some of the circumstances of his life would line up with an Amren point of view. "

Not all the far righters support Trump. Some have complained he's too close to Jews and stuff like that. However for them Trump is their best bet in this election. They think he's basically one of them.

Asked if he'd broadly distance himself from those groups, Trump demurred, saying he knew nothing about their support for his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

"I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about," Trump said. "You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong. You may have groups in there that are totally fine -- it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know."

Thls shows how ridiculous people are. I can't stand Trump and I won't vote for him, but you nitwits keep making me defend him. You're nuts.

All he said was he would want to look into the group. Why should he "condemn" them based on the goading of the interviewer for groups he doesn't know about. He never said he wouldn't condemn them. What is wrong with you people?
Mr. Trump is nearly 70 years old. Surely he knows as much about the KKK as anyone here does. If he is being disingenuous about that, how can we expect him to be forthcoming when we need him to about more critical issues. Lying might appeal to you, but the rest of us see it as a sign of being untrustworthy.

Watch the clip, it was David Duke he said he didn't know anything about, he never said that about the KKK.

So if your argument is that David Duke was a member of the KKK, so Trump should condemn him, do you condemn Robert Byrd because he was also a member of the KKK?

Weird how the KKK keeps endorsing Republicans

So if your argument is that David Duke was a member of the KKK, so Trump should condemn him, do you condemn Robert Byrd because he was also a member of the KKK?

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.
Robert Byrd is dead ...he was in the KKK in the previous millennium....he repudiated the KKK and his participation... Byrd's standing with the Black Community by the time of his death was healed...here is the NAACP On the passing of Byrd
NAACP Mourns the Passing of U.S. Senator Robert Byrd ...

Last edited:

He'll need the votes of every white supremacist out there to win; thats for sure.

He has disavowed and all that. I think we all know this is just politics now, how effectively the Dems can leverage this politically.

Conservatives are really sure they want to run this guy, huh?

The Dems?

Conservatives created the atmosphere where politicians have to disavow or denounce people and endorsements. Conservatives are now bringing the issue up in stump speeches.

Try harder.

Trumps Sarah Palin moment

Mr Trump, will you disavow the support of the KKK?

Trump: I'll have to think about it

You've deleted most of the context..........are you working for Cruz?

Maybe you can provide the context (spin) of Trump not being able to immediately and vehemently denounce David Duke and the KKK?

Trump said he didn't know anything about David Duke, yet in 2000 he said

Former Klan leader at center of latest GOP campaign joust

"In 2000, he wrote a New York Times op-ed explaining why he abandoned the possibility of running for president on the Reform Party ticket. He wrote of an "underside" and "fringe element" of the party, concluding, "I leave the Reform Party to David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani. That is not company I wish to keep.""

Suddenly David Duke is okay to have, when you're fighting for the white racist vote in the Deep South.

I don't understand Trumps mumbling nonanswer

I don't know who he is? He knew in 2000. He knew last Friday when he answered the question correctly. If you are asked 100 times about David Duke and the KKK, you provide the same response 100 times...Hell No

If the guy doesn't know who david Duke is then he shouldn't be running for president ... we all ready knew trump was lying he hand made comments on him 3 years prior to running for office... maybe thats why he doesn't want to show his taxes all the money he donated to david duke and the klan

If the guy doesn't know who david Duke is then he shouldn't be running for president ... we all ready knew trump was lying he hand made comments on him 3 years prior to running for office... maybe thats why he doesn't want to show his taxes all the money he donated to david duke and the klan

Trump looked like he was on drugs while he provided his stuttering reply......When asked a direct question Trump stuttered....I um don't know who David Duke is....um I um never met him....I'll get back to you

Sarah Palin

He'll need the votes of every white supremacist out there to win; thats for sure.

That's good since half of them are in your party and he won't get those. The biggest racist I know has an Obama sticker on his truck. Racism and dependency are heavily overlapped, not mutually exclusive.

So at what point is going to that well too often?

GOP "Southern Strategy".

To be fair, I don't think the other candidates have actively sought out people like David Duke. Wouldn't surprise me is Trump's people got Duke's endorsement.

Wow, so now saying he doesn't know anything about David Duke is "actively" seeking him out? Democrats just get more and more nuts as you go on

From breitbart no less

Donald Trump Condemned Klansman David Duke in 2000, But Now Claims To ‘Know Nothing About’ Him

In February, 2000, Donald Trump revealed that he knew enough about Duke to point out that the Klan member’s entourage is “not company I wish to keep.”

At the time, Trump was considering running for the presidency on the Reform Party ticket. He ultimately refused to go for the nomination, citing the party’s troubling connections.

”So the Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep,” Trump said.

The New York Times reported that Trump “denounced” the factions “that have beset the Reform Party,” which included the white nationalist leaders who affiliated themselves with the political party.

In a separate interview that year with Matt Lauer, Trump said of Duke, “Well, you’ve got David Duke just joined–a bigot, a racist, a problem. I mean, this is not exactly the people you want in your party.”

Donald Trump Condemned Klansman David Duke in 2000, But Now Claims To ‘Know Nothing About’ Him - Breitbart

GOP "Southern Strategy".

To be fair, I don't think the other candidates have actively sought out people like David Duke. Wouldn't surprise me is Trump's people got Duke's endorsement.
i guess he has to go after the KKK vote ... it seems hillary has 90% of the black vote so far ... whats a guy to do ... I remember him telling us mexicans love him... then the woman from telemundo told him that 80% of the latinos didn't care for his position about latinos ... she said they wouldn't vote for him Trump called her a liar ... when the president of Mexico told him too go fuck himself over paying for the wall he wants to build ...that was PRICELESS once again

GOP "Southern Strategy".

Wow, so now saying he doesn't know anything about David Duke is "actively" seeking him out? Democrats just get more and more nuts as you go on

I'm not a Democrat. So you want to know about Democrats being nuts, why don't you go and ask them? (You like them apples?)

I said it "wouldn't surprise me if Trump's people got Duke's endorsement" (with a little word correction). I didn't say he did. I said it wouldn't surprise me. Do you understand what that means?

Forum List

Back