Trump Removed from Maine Primary Ballot

I'm sorry but it's not settled. I believe it to be true. But a state supreme court doesn't get to make that ruling. They can (and have) ruled that as far as their respective states are concerned yes. But when you're looking at the US Constitution, SCOTUS is the ruler in that case.

It's an interesting argument. The court in one case rules that they can't be involved in state redistricting cases, and then in another case where they can decide for the state who is qualified to be on the ballot, and then in another case decide the voting rights act can't be enforced by states, but yet in another case decide votes can't be counted after an election.

Another attempt by Democrats to desinfranchise Trump voters.

Actually, it was another example of a state official complying with the mandate of the office she fills, basing her decision on the evidence presented by both sides of the dispute.

The minions of The Regime are cheering the destruction of the American election process. You people are a disgrace to the flag.
Each time I see a post like that I can't help thinking you missed the part when Trump tried to destroy the election process by stealing the 2020 election.

Actually, it was another example of a state official complying with the mandate of the office she fills, basing her decision on the evidence presented by both sides of the dispute.
Who? What? Where? When?
Just more GASLIGHT THEATRE BULLSHIT from Stalinberg80.

:rolleyes:

I do not reach this conclusion lightly. Democracy is sacred, and the highest court of this State has repeatedly recognized that “no right is more precious in a free country than that of having a voice in the election of those who make the laws under which, as good citizens, we must live.” Melanson v. Sec’y of State, 2004 ME 127, § 14, 861 A.2d 641 (quoting Burdick v. Takushi, 504 U.S. 428, 441 (1992) (cleaned up)).

I am mindful that no Secretary of State has ever deprived a presidential candidate of ballot access based on Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment. I am also mindful, however, that no presidential candidate has ever before engaged in insurrection. The oath I swore to uphold the Constitution comes first above all, and my duty under Maine’s election laws, when presented with a Section 336 challenge, is to ensure that candidates who appear on the primary ballot are qualified for the office they seek.

The events of January 6, 2021 were unprecedented and tragic. They were an attack not only upon the Capitol and government officials, but also an attack on the rule of law. The evidence here demonstrates that they occurred at the behest of, and with the knowledge and support of, the outgoing President. The U.S. Constitution does not tolerate an assault on the foundations of our government, and Section 336 requires me to act in response.

I conclude that the Rosen and Royal Challengers have met their burden under 21-A M.R.S. § 337(2)(B). They have provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate the falsity of Mr. Trump’s declaration that he meets the qualifications of the office of the presidency. Therefore, as required by 21-A M.R.S. § 336(3), I find that the primary petition of Mr. Trump is invalid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/docu...36d-baaac72de633.pdf?itid=lk_inline_manual_15

Well said.

I do not reach this conclusion lightly. Democracy is sacred, and the highest court of this State has repeatedly recognized that “no right is more precious in a free country than that of having a voice in the election of those who make the laws under which, as good citizens, we must live.” Melanson v. Sec’y of State, 2004 ME 127, § 14, 861 A.2d 641 (quoting Burdick v. Takushi, 504 U.S. 428, 441 (1992) (cleaned up)).

I am mindful that no Secretary of State has ever deprived a presidential candidate of ballot access based on Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment. I am also mindful, however, that no presidential candidate has ever before engaged in insurrection. The oath I swore to uphold the Constitution comes first above all, and my duty under Maine’s election laws, when presented with a Section 336 challenge, is to ensure that candidates who appear on the primary ballot are qualified for the office they seek.

The events of January 6, 2021 were unprecedented and tragic. They were an attack not only upon the Capitol and government officials, but also an attack on the rule of law. The evidence here demonstrates that they occurred at the behest of, and with the knowledge and support of, the outgoing President. The U.S. Constitution does not tolerate an assault on the foundations of our government, and Section 336 requires me to act in response.

I conclude that the Rosen and Royal Challengers have met their burden under 21-A M.R.S. § 337(2)(B). They have provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate the falsity of Mr. Trump’s declaration that he meets the qualifications of the office of the presidency. Therefore, as required by 21-A M.R.S. § 336(3), I find that the primary petition of Mr. Trump is invalid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/docu...36d-baaac72de633.pdf?itid=lk_inline_manual_15

Well said.
SCOTUS smack-down awaits for that drivel!!!!!!
:dev3:

It's snowballing. There will be more states disqualifying him. It's also a kick in the butt at SCOTUS, telling them they can't slow-walk this.

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, making it the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows (D) is sure to be appealed. The Colorado Supreme Court last week found Trump could not appear on the ballot in that state, and the Colorado Republican Party has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case. The nation’s high court could resolve for all states whether Trump can run again.
Repeat after me Donald John Trump will be my president in 2025.

Each time I see a post like that I can't help thinking you missed the part when Trump tried to destroy the election process by stealing the 2020 election.
Half the people in the nation believe the election process was stolen the other way. We say this over and over. The only thing done is that trust is hugely reduced in the process. This Maine Stockholm Syndrome shrew embodies the mistrust we have. They are going to keep showing up to try to screw over Republican voters for Trump because they are taking their marching orders from their masters. Election process.......stop it.

It's snowballing. There will be more states disqualifying him. It's also a kick in the butt at SCOTUS, telling them they can't slow-walk this.

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, making it the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows (D) is sure to be appealed. The Colorado Supreme Court last week found Trump could not appear on the ballot in that state, and the Colorado Republican Party has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case. The nation’s high court could resolve for all states whether Trump can run again.
You loons are going to give the presidency to Trump. Keep it up!

Stop selling the crap. If Trump is for real and not a shill, he will help us all out. The ones who are fronted from the elites do not like it along with their propaganda educated minions. This time selecting better people in his administration. And return the crap to the shills who screw with him. Very few of them will be around in a sinking ship. They will take the lifeboats to fairer areas. The elites to consolidate power will eradicate many of them anyway if their dreams for world government come true.

Trump had his chance. He blew it. He doesn't get another chance.

Half the people in the nation believe the election process was stolen the other way.
Then Trump, by virtue of being elected twice, is precluded from being prez again.

But seriously, whether half the nation believes that is not the issue since Trump was soundly beaten by Biden.

Half the people in the nation believe the election process was stolen the other way. We say this over and over. The only thing done is that trust is hugely reduced in the process. This Maine Stockholm Syndrome shrew embodies the mistrust we have. They are going to keep showing up to try to screw over Republican voters for Trump because they are taking their marching orders from their masters. Election process.......stop it.

False. It's not true that half the people in this nation believe it was stolen.

Repeat after me Donald John Trump will be my president in 2025.
That possibility in no way changes the fact that the plot he orchestrated and engaged in to overturn the 2020 election result makes him unqualified to be the next prez.

Forum List

Back