Trump Removed from Maine Primary Ballot

Will you allow that it is opinion that he engaged in treasonous insurrection as opposed to the fact of someone's age or birth place?
It’s a settled, accepted fact that Trump engaged in treasonous insurrection, and two states have acted accordingly.

Indeed, others have been disqualified for similar acts of treason.

What’s opinion is whether Section 3 applies to those seeking the presidency:

‘According to the text of Section 3, the bar against office-holding applies to Members of Congress, officers of the United States, members of state legislatures, and state executive or judicial officers, who previously swore an oath to support the Constitution of the United States and later break that oath by committing the acts mentioned. The offices to which such persons are then barred include seats in Congress, membership in the Electoral College, and any civil or military office under the United States or any state. Although not expressly referenced, the bar appears historically to have applied to judgeships. There is an argument that because the President is not covered explicitly by the provision, the presidency itself is exempt from the disqualification. In contrast, the Impeachment Clause of the Constitution explicitly applies to the “President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,” which suggests that the President might not be a “civil Officer of the United States” whose oath of office would subject him to possible disqualification. However, it may be more likely that the office of the President is included as an office under the United States (unlike Members of Congress and electors, which may be why they are expressly included), so that any person subject to the disqualification is ineligible to serve as President. One scholar notes that the drafting history of Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment suggests that the office of the President is covered:

During the debate on Section Three, one Senator asked why ex-Confederates “may be elected President or Vice President of the United States, and why did you all omit to exclude them? I do not understand them to be excluded from the privilege of holding the two highest offices in the gift of the nation.” Another Senator replied that the lack of specific language on the Presidency and VicePresidency was irrelevant: “Let me call the Senator’s attention to the words ‘or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States.’”

In the January 2021 article of impeachment against President Donald Trump, the House of Representatives, citing Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment, appears to have presumed that the Disqualification Clause would operate as a bar against President Trump continuing to serve as President, presumably due to his previous oath of office and his alleged “incite[ment of] violence against the Government of the United States.”’ ibid

That will likely be the question the Supreme Court addresses, whether or not the office of president is a “civil Office of the United States” and subject to Section 3.

What did y'all think was gonna happen when y'all lied about massive election fraud to steal an election y'all lost, then stormed the Capitol in a second revolution to steal the election you lost because your first scheme failed to steal the election?
GASLIGHT THEATRE BULLSHIT

It’s a settled, accepted fact that Trump engaged in treasonous insurrection, and two states have acted accordingly.

‘According to the text of Section 3, the bar against office-holding applies to Members of Congress, officers of the United States, members of state legislatures, and state executive or judicial officers, who previously swore an oath to support the Constitution of the United States and later break that oath by committing the acts mentioned. The offices to which such persons are then barred include seats in Congress, membership in the Electoral College, and any civil or military office under the United States or any state. Although not expressly referenced, the bar appears historically to have applied to judgeships. There is an argument that because the President is not covered explicitly by the provision, the presidency itself is exempt from the disqualification. In contrast, the Impeachment Clause of the Constitution explicitly applies to the “President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,” which suggests that the President might not be a “civil Officer of the United States” whose oath of office would subject him to possible disqualification. However, it may be more likely that the office of the President is included as an office under the United States (unlike Members of Congress and electors, which may be why they are expressly included), so that any person subject to the disqualification is ineligible to serve as President. One scholar notes that the drafting history of Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment suggests that the office of the President is covered:

During the debate on Section Three, one Senator asked why ex-Confederates “may be elected President or Vice President of the United States, and why did you all omit to exclude them? I do not understand them to be excluded from the privilege of holding the two highest offices in the gift of the nation.” Another Senator replied that the lack of specific language on the Presidency and VicePresidency was irrelevant: “Let me call the Senator’s attention to the words ‘or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States.’”

In the January 2021 article of impeachment against President Donald Trump, the House of Representatives, citing Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment, appears to have presumed that the Disqualification Clause would operate as a bar against President Trump continuing to serve as President, presumably due to his previous oath of office and his alleged “incite[ment of] violence against the Government of the United States.”’ ibid

That will likely be the question the Supreme Court addresses, whether or not the office of president is a “civil Office of the United States” and subject to Section 3.
There was no insurrection, sorry. :itsok:

LOL

I'm not the one freaking out here because my past is catching up with me.
The past is catching up with you Marxist idiots!
You spied on candidate Trump, then president elect Trump with illegal FISA corruption.
You treasonous mother fuckers then COLLUDED with foreign players to concoct that bullshit RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA hoax for 3+ YEARS dragging this country through the mud, all over LIES bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton!
Two fucking FAKE "impeachments", never mi nd the first one was for getting too close to the corruption in the Ukraine PIGS TROUGH!!!
Now you Stalinist shits are going full blown LAWFARE against the electorate!!!

There's a shit load of RECKONING coming for YOU

:dev3:

BS. It was a damn protest over what we know wasa stolen election.
Nonsense. Your boy lost in November 2020, fair-and-square.

You had sixty-two (62) chances in the law courts.

Oftentimes in front of Republican (and even Trump -appointed) judges and justices.

Time after time you got laughed out of court for lack of standing or - more damning - lack of substantive merit.

In the United States of America, that's the end of it. We are a Nation of Laws, not men, nor Orange Personality Cults.

Your boy lost. Bigly. But that Orange POS lied his a$$ off and continues to take a page from the Joseph Goebbels playbook.

Orange-Boy fans need to remember that they are Americans first and Republicans second.

Oftentimes the Dems also need to be reminded of that 'Americans first' mantra, but at present that falls upon ya'll.

The Dems Stole it. I know it, and so do you. So shove it was an Insurrection up yours...
You had sixty-two chances to prove it and you failed. Learn from that failure. Do better next time.

And it was no innocent protest.

Rump and his minions summoned, incited and aimed an insurrectionist mob to assault the Congress of the United States.

The goal being to cancel or forestall the formal certification of Electoral College results in order to keep your boy in power.

That constitutes Insurrection.

What is lacking is an authoritative declaration of that fact on the Federal level.

Until that happens, the legal arguments we see on the State level about invoking the 14th are almost certainly doomed to failure.

And I blame the idiot Democrats for not jumping on that, on January 7, 2021... for not having long-since obtained that.

You wanna know my main reason for wanting Trump elected???
Of course. Reasons matter.
Because I get enjoyment pissing you lunatics off. It is Pure Funny As Shit
Good thing for me, then, that I'm not a loyal Democrat, eh?

Personally, I'm totally in favor of the vast majority of major talking points in the so-called Trump Agenda...

• secure borders
  • mass deportations
  • dangerous Muslim-nations immigration ban
  • fiscal responsibility
  • making allies pay their fair share of defense costs
  • minding our own business without retreating back into 19th century isolationism
  • recreating an extremely strong manufacturing base (especially with regards to strategic goods)
  • distancing ourselves from a dependence upon China and barring them from large land-holdings in the United States
  • setting aside a great many regulations and statutes spawned by wrong-headed Democrats in several topical areas
  • forcibly restoring Law and Order within big cities
  • reversal of Woke libprog policies related to sexual identity and orientation
  • reversal of Woke libprog indoctrination mindset in our institutions of higher learning

...and on and on and on.

I'm closer to being "one of you" than you know ( or care, no doubt ).

I'm all for much (even most) of the so-called Trump Agenda.

But I want someone who is willing to abide by the Constitution and to step-down when his time is up.

And your boy does not fit that bill.

Last edited:
The past is catching up with you Marxist idiots!
You spied on candidate Trump, then president elect Trump with illegal FISA corruption.
You treasonous mother fuckers then COLLUDED with foreign players to concoct that bullshit RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA hoax for 3+ YEARS dragging this country through the mud, all over LIES bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton!
Two fucking FAKE "impeachments", never mi nd the first one was for getting too close to the corruption in the Ukraine PIGS TROUGH!!!
Now you Stalinist shits are going full blown LAWFARE against the electorate!!!

There's a shit load of RECKONING coming for YOU

:dev3:

Oh, nooo's, not Marxists! Anything but Marxists!

:abgg2q.jpg:

I'm sorry but it's not settled. I believe it to be true. But a state supreme court doesn't get to make that ruling. They can (and have) ruled that as far as their respective states are concerned yes. But when you're looking at the US Constitution, SCOTUS is the ruler in that case.

Oh, nooo's, not Marxists! Anything but Marxists!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his balls, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his balls, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.

That seems to apply to the right who tried desperately to steal the 2020 presidential election they lost. Thanks for that confession, even though it was tacitly offered. Confession is good for your soul.

No voters have been disenfranchised. You still get to vote and you still get to vote for whomever you want.
/----/ So, you're saying removing Trump from the primary is just a dog and pony show? It's just a waste of time? Then why bother?
1703852937257.png

That seems to apply to the right who tried desperately to steal the 2020 presidential election they lost. Thanks for that confession, even though it was tacitly offered. Confession is good for your soul.
"These are not the droids you are looking for."
waves hand

:rolleyes:

All you non Progs. Let them kill each other. Do not help any of them. The Islam group or Islam favoring is growing exponentially.

You see? That's what's going on

Less freedom for you and more power for them.

And it's war on you! Make no mistake about that.

I was rather convinced during the lockdowns that fascism was creeping on in Natty , especially when those pointing it out were drowned out by all the brown shirts requalifying 'freedom' to fit their narrative.....

In the broader perspective , i see no less here.....
~S~

/----/

1703853585782.png

Conservatives are infamous for their hypocrisy – in this case their ‘advocacy’ of states’ rights.

The states have the authority to conduct elections, including determining qualifications for holding public office.

Each state should be allowed to determine whether Trump’s act of treasonous insurrection disqualifies him from running for president pursuant to Section 3 – the Supreme Court should not interfere with the right of the states to do so.
Stop selling the crap. If Trump is for real and not a shill, he will help us all out. The ones who are fronted from the elites do not like it along with their propaganda educated minions. This time selecting better people in his administration. And return the crap to the shills who screw with him. Very few of them will be around in a sinking ship. They will take the lifeboats to fairer areas. The elites to consolidate power will eradicate many of them anyway if their dreams for world government come true.

Forum List

Back