Trump Says "Insurance for Everyone."

Okay...I don't measure military strength by how much is spent on the military. Does anyone? I measure it by capability.

If someone were to say "we should have the most expensive military," or even that we should have an expensive military," I wouldn't out of hand agree with them.

Well, the US is trying to produce the next generation of technology, so it's expensive. Does that lead to capability? Sure it does. However you only need such capability when you're going around invading and bombing other countries.

Fine, but that still does not allow capability to be measured by expenditures.

No, it doesn't. But if the US spends more than the next 9 countries put together, you'd think they have a good chance. However the US sticks to bullying smaller countries, Iraq, Libya, Syria, never Russia, China, because they know they don't stand a chance of winning.

One'd think, but one cannot be sure. That said, in this day and age, price and capability/quality are not linked the way they used to be. Not that price was ever a definitive indicator of anything other than the size of the dent a purchase would make in one's bank balance. Cases in point:
  • Six Days War. -- Israel should have lost.
  • Vietnam War. -- U.S. should have won
  • Korean War -- This stalemate fiasco reverberates to this day. U.S. should have won.
  • War of 1812 -- U.S. should have lost.
  • Russian Afghan War -- Russia should have won.
  • Revolutionary War -- Brits should have won.

Sure, there's intelligence and there's whether you're fighting at home or not. The US's policy has always been to fight away from home, makes sense, but it harder to conduct operations abroad, and you have to deal with the locals. People fight harder when they've got something to lose, like their home.

Just when did the time period called "always" begin in your mind?

This fool said people were dying because they could not get treatment, that was a lie. You are complaining that people have to pay their own medical bills, well duh. I have no problem helping those who truly need help, but I'll be damned if I'm going to work overtime to pay the bills of able bodied lazy fat ass moochers.

No... the ER is more expensive than a family doctor, but ERs are forced to treat people even if the people can't pay up front. You are advocating that people can get treatment in the ER no matter what. While that is true in a sense, it does more harm than good.

Tell me how you think that the ACA helped with this?

Millions of people are able to get their blood pressure, diabetes, and other preventative meds from a family doctor without being in debt for the rest of their lives and having horrible credit... thus having the ability to spend money within the economy... and are healthy enough to work.
10k deductibles bankrupt people.....

Unfortunately today in 2017 the aggregate deductible is 14200. Nobody can deal with that.
First of all that is not the deductible, it is the total of the deductible + co-pays + co-insurance.
Secondly that is for families, the individual max is 7,150 for 2017.

IOW, if a family has $100,000 in med expenses in 2017, the max they pay is $14,300 for everything.

No... the ER is more expensive than a family doctor, but ERs are forced to treat people even if the people can't pay up front. You are advocating that people can get treatment in the ER no matter what. While that is true in a sense, it does more harm than good.

Millions of people are able to get their blood pressure, diabetes, and other preventative meds from a family doctor without being in debt for the rest of their lives and having horrible credit... thus having the ability to spend money within the economy... and are healthy enough to work.

Unfortunately today in 2017 the aggregate deductible is 14200. Nobody can deal with that.
First of all that is not the deductible, it is the total of the deductible + co-pays + co-insurance.

IOW, if a family has $100,000 in med expenses in 2017, the max they pay is $14,300 for everything.
LIAR!!!

LIAR! There is no 10k deductible.
The max individual deductible in 2016 was $3,350, and $6,750 for family plans.
LIAR!!
Obamacare shock: $12,600 deductible, 40 percent co-pay, zero competition
Fake news.
The $12,600 is for an entire family in 2013 and is the total for all costs for the whole family, deductible + co-pays + co-insurance, not $12,600 deductible + a 40% co-pay.

LIAR!!
Fake news.
The $12,600 is for an entire family in 2013 and is the total for all costs for the whole family, deductible + co-pays + co-insurance, not $12,600 deductible + a 40% co-pay.
Look at the bright side....your lies about Obamacare are what ultimately killed it....:lol:

LIAR!!!
Truth, $14,300 is the max "out of pocket" payments for a whole family in 2017. If you have $1 million in med expenses you still only pay a max of $14,300.

Here is a good explanation from 2016:

ACA Clarifies Out-of-Pocket Limit Rules for 2016
ACA Limits Deductibles, Coinsurance and Co-Payments
Under the ACA, all non-grandfathered group health plans must ensure that annual out-of-pocket cost sharing (e.g., deductibles, coinsurance and co-payments) for in-network essential health benefits does not exceed certain limits, as shown below:

Out-of-Pocket Guide
Plan Years beginning 2016
Individual $6,850
Family $13,700

LIAR!!
Fake news.
Look at the bright side....your lies about Obamacare are what ultimately killed it....:lol:
Nope, YOUR lies did that!
Feel proud, feel very proud.

Okay...I don't measure military strength by how much is spent on the military. Does anyone? I measure it by capability.

If someone were to say "we should have the most expensive military," or even that we should have an expensive military," I wouldn't out of hand agree with them.

Well, the US is trying to produce the next generation of technology, so it's expensive. Does that lead to capability? Sure it does. However you only need such capability when you're going around invading and bombing other countries.

No, it doesn't. But if the US spends more than the next 9 countries put together, you'd think they have a good chance. However the US sticks to bullying smaller countries, Iraq, Libya, Syria, never Russia, China, because they know they don't stand a chance of winning.

One'd think, but one cannot be sure. That said, in this day and age, price and capability/quality are not linked the way they used to be. Not that price was ever a definitive indicator of anything other than the size of the dent a purchase would make in one's bank balance. Cases in point:
  • Korean War -- This stalemate fiasco reverberates to this day. U.S. should have won.

Sure, there's intelligence and there's whether you're fighting at home or not. The US's policy has always been to fight away from home, makes sense, but it harder to conduct operations abroad, and you have to deal with the locals. People fight harder when they've got something to lose, like their home.

Well, since the last time the US fought at home, clearly.

LIAR!!
Fake news.
Nope, YOUR lies did that!
Feel proud, feel very proud.
I am very proud...it was a hard fought battle to defeat you fascist democrat liars....

Thank you!!!!

Well, since the last time the US fought at home, clearly.

Touche! Good answer.

Trump is also promising his plan will be less expensive. How will that work? Is he promising that people will get the same coverage for lower premiums?

How will that work? The insurance companies are already bailing out of the exchanges because they can't make enough money.

Trump is also promising his plan will be less expensive. How will that work? Is he promising that people will get the same coverage for lower premiums?

How will that work? The insurance companies are already bailing out of the exchanges because they can't make enough money.

I think they want you to think positively, to them it is better than reality...

Trump is ending Obamacare....

I think Trump has no idea what Obamacare does except from what he's read in the rightwing propaganda machine's media,

which based on his rhetoric on all topics appears to be the only place he gets his news.

I think Trump has no idea what Obamacare does except from what he's read in the rightwing propaganda machine's media,

which based on his rhetoric on all topics appears to be the only place he gets his news.
It destroys America....

It destroys America....
Reagan already did that!

No he's not. If his promise of insurance for everyone is genuine, then he's expanding Obamacare.

The Republicans want to give people a tax credit to buy insurance with. That's the equivalent of giving people a tax penalty if they don't buy insurance,

IOW, that's the mandate, just in a different costume.

No he's not. If his promise of insurance for everyone is genuine, then he's expanding Obamacare.
3 more days, then that will be the least of your liberal worries...:lol:

Forum List

Back