🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump says no welfare checks if the brder wall is not approved

Lots of people depend on welfare checks including children, seniors, disabled. I think the wall is a stupid idea, but if we must have it, and mexico won't pay for it like trump promised, let's do away with the tax deductions the organized religions get. That should pay for trump's wall with plenty left over.
The atheist babbles into the conversation.

Sorry I came into your little group uninvited, but I'm here now, so tell me/us, why churches should get tax deductions.

How about the fact that taxation exerts control over religion, which is guaranteed by the Constitution to be free from government control or influence?
Are you trying to be rational with an atheist??????????????

Are you sure that having faith in God is being rational? I don't. If it were rational, we wouldn't have so many different religions and Gods and factions. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia, you'd be a muslim, and calling the unbelievers irrational.

Lots of people depend on welfare checks including children, seniors, disabled. I think the wall is a stupid idea, but if we must have it, and mexico won't pay for it like trump promised, let's do away with the tax deductions the organized religions get. That should pay for trump's wall with plenty left over.

Sorry I came into your little group uninvited, but I'm here now, so tell me/us, why churches should get tax deductions.

How about the fact that taxation exerts control over religion, which is guaranteed by the Constitution to be free from government control or influence?

If a church doesn't follow certain guidelines, they lose their exemption. Sounds like the government controls them right there.

Yeah, right!

Name a mainstream church that has lost their tax exempt status!

There is fantasy and then there is reality. I suggest a good strong dose of the latter.

More do want than don't want. It is why we are still the United States of America, and not Hemisphere #1.

no, majority opposes the wall. You can do basic reading right?

They oppose the wall IF we are paying for it.

we are 100% paying for it - didn't you read Trump's conversation with the Mexican President?

Reading is not your strong suit, is it? Try again!

Speaking of welfare...in part, food stamps

So, I just got home from 7 11 about 10 minutes ago...
I took a walk to get a 2 liter of soda
and $10 cash back to do a couple loads of laundry.

Now, mind you, I live on the SW side of Chicago.
Last week, cook county passed a sweetened beverage tax
at a penny an ounce for all sweetened non alcoholic beverages...
with the exception of, when using the link(snap) card

Supposedly, this is intended to fight obesity
and promote healthy consumption choices...
(again, the key word is supposedly)

So, the way overweight, Hispanic girl in front of me
has sunflower seeds, good humor single ice cream bars
Reese cups, a kit Kat, a snicker bar, a bag of Cheetos,
a bag of doritos, a 12 pk of Coke, a large slurpie,
and a couple other snack items, I forget....

Her total came to almost 23$
AND SHE USED A LINK CARD TO BUY ALL THIS CRAP!

THESE CORRUPT AS FUCK, ILLINOIS POLITICIANS
CLAIM THEY IMPOSED, YET, ANOTHER TAX ON US,
IN THE INTEREST OF CURBING OBESITY
AND HEALTHIER CONSUMPTION CHOICES....

YET, THE SNAP PROGRAM, NOT ONLY
ALLOWS THOSE WITH A LINK CARD
TO PURCHASE CRAP THATS NOT HEALTHY
NOR, IS ESSENTIAL FOR PROPER NUTRITION,
BUT, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO PAY TAXES

IF YOU CAN BUY THAT JUNK WITH YOUR LINK CARD
YOU'RE EITHER GETTING TOO MUCH OR DON'T NEED IT

The argument that....
oh, people will go hungry if you cut their benefits
IS BULLSHIT!

Shit pisses me off!

Actually this is what Trump sais:

"I will bring this country to a brink of default and total disaster unless you give me what I want."

Trump will lose this just like Republicans do every time they attempt this nonsense.

So it wasn't nonsense when Obama did it?

The argument that....
IS BULLSHIT!

Shit pisses me off!

I hear ya. A few months ago a SNAP's guy was in our line asking if he could use his card to buy some of our items for us, and then he'd give us our items back after we pay him cash for the items after the checkout.

No matter how many stories we tell about our food stamp experiences, the liberals tell us we are either FOS or that these are anomalies. A few have said that something is wrong with me for watching over the people who use SNAPs cards, what they buy, and taking note of what kind of vehicle they load the groceries into after leaving the store.

And why is it that 90% of SNAPs card users are overweight anyway?

Are you trying to be rational with an atheist??????????????

Are you sure that having faith in God is being rational? I don't. If it were rational, we wouldn't have so many different religions and Gods and factions. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia, you'd be a muslim, and calling the unbelievers irrational.
It's simple really, life had to be brought to the Earth, just as life on the Earth has to travel to other planets if it is to survive. This ability and need is engineered into us. The other theory is that we popped up out of a pond one day as Darwin said. Just think, what are the odds of something that happened in a pond one day building a microchip, putting it in a spacecraft and leaving the Earth?

God is real, and when we genetically engineer new life for new Worlds, God is closer than we think.

But you are free to believe that your parents were pond scum, because they probably were

We should not have any welfare whatsoever but I love the idea of making the stupid Libtards to fund the wall in order to get their welfare queen shitheads the checks.

Since so many filthy illegals get welfare it is almost like getting Mexico to pay for the wall, isn't it?

Actually this is what Trump sais:

"I will bring this country to a brink of default and total disaster unless you give me what I want."
Actually, the facts being what they are and the USA having a 20 trillion dollar national debt, it should be said that

Obama bought the country to the brink of default, and I Donald Trump an going to build a wall to keep the crack and meth out, or at least slow it so that we the USA can get on with making America Great Again.

But I'm not the Donald's speechwriter...................yet
given your grammar, you got a ways to go.

No matter how many stories we tell about our food stamp experiences, the liberals tell us we are either FOS or that these are anomalies. A few have said that something is wrong with me for watching over the people who use SNAPs cards, what they buy, and taking note of what kind of vehicle they load the groceries into after leaving the store.

SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Used to purchase sugary or salty non-foods (snacks) betrays the stated intent of the program. There is a thriving underground economy built around converting food stamps and prescription drugs to cash...those who deny that either profit from it or haven't spent much time in the trenches, so to speak.

Two immediate, easy steps can be taken - limit the foods that can be purchased, similar to WIC - and enable stores to do charge backs. If the goal is to feed the hungry - we can start up government food give-aways again - canned and powdered milk, cheese, rice, beans, etc. The loudest voices in protest will be the grocer's associations - especially those representing convenience stores which carry very little in the way of nutritional foods.

Compassion sells, money legislates.

And no, it is not their money to spend as they please - it is money earned by folks who've been forced to spend it on nutrition assistance for others and it is not well spent when spent on candy, chips and soda, etc...or converted to cash.

Speaking of welfare...in part, food stamps

So, I just got home from 7 11 about 10 minutes ago...
I took a walk to get a 2 liter of soda
and $10 cash back to do a couple loads of laundry.

Now, mind you, I live on the SW side of Chicago.
Last week, cook county passed a sweetened beverage tax
at a penny an ounce for all sweetened non alcoholic beverages...
with the exception of, when using the link(snap) card

Supposedly, this is intended to fight obesity
and promote healthy consumption choices...
(again, the key word is supposedly)

So, the way overweight, Hispanic girl in front of me
has sunflower seeds, good humor single ice cream bars
Reese cups, a kit Kat, a snicker bar, a bag of Cheetos,
a bag of doritos, a 12 pk of Coke, a large slurpie,
and a couple other snack items, I forget....

Her total came to almost 23$
AND SHE USED A LINK CARD TO BUY ALL THIS CRAP!

THESE CORRUPT AS FUCK, ILLINOIS POLITICIANS
CLAIM THEY IMPOSED, YET, ANOTHER TAX ON US,
IN THE INTEREST OF CURBING OBESITY
AND HEALTHIER CONSUMPTION CHOICES....

The argument that....
IS BULLSHIT!

Shit pisses me off!
That's crazy. Candy, soda and junk snacks shouldn't be SNAP eligible. Then it gets hard though. Icecream is a food. It has calcium and who wants to deny any little kid an ice cream cone on a hot day? Plain Doritos are a base for nachos and could be called a "food." So how do you decide which is okay and which isn't? No Cheetos or fried pork rinds but tortilla chips and low cal pretzels (good after school snack with humus) are sensible. So maybe that's where they're having trouble. Of course, I see people buying stuff not covered by SNAP all the time, separate from their SNAP purchases, so they've got a little cash for extras.
I do think that part of the problem is that there aren't enough proper supermarkets in some parts of cities to go and buy proper food, so when folks get hungry, they walk to the 7-11, which is all there is nearby, and get whatever junk they can find.
All our convenience store/gas stations in town sell real prepared food, like sandwiches and yogurt/fruit cups and salads, but they aren't covered by SNAP cards.

We should not have any welfare whatsoever but I love the idea of making the stupid Libtards to fund the wall in order to get their welfare queen shitheads the checks.

Since so many filthy illegals get welfare it is almost like getting Mexico to pay for the wall, isn't it?

Would that include corporate welfare or are you OK with that?

SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Used to purchase sugary or salty non-foods (snacks) betrays the stated intent of the program. There is a thriving underground economy built around converting food stamps and prescription drugs to cash...those who deny that either profit from it or haven't spent much time in the trenches, so to speak.

Two immediate, easy steps can be taken - limit the foods that can be purchased, similar to WIC - and enable stores to do charge backs. If the goal is to feed the hungry - we can start up government food give-aways again - canned and powdered milk, cheese, rice, beans, etc. The loudest voices in protest will be the grocer's associations - especially those representing convenience stores which carry very little in the way of nutritional foods.

Compassion sells, money legislates.

And no, it is not their money to spend as they please - it is money earned by folks who've been forced to spend it on nutrition assistance for others and it is not well spent when spent on candy, chips and soda, etc...or converted to cash.
I think we should go back to the government surplus program we used to have back in the 70's and 80's. Trucks would come around and give away 5# tins of peanut butter, sacks of instant potatoes, 10# hunks of cheese, etc. etc. When I worked at a home for disabled adults, a lot of the staples in our kitchen came from government surplus. I don't know where the cook went to get it, but we always had it. Then she brought veggies from her farm in season and went to the store for the rest. A lot of our food banks have struck deals with farmers for really good deals on "deformed" veggies the supermarkets won't buy. There's nothing wrong with them--they're just misshapen.
SNAP is not a lot of money to feed the folks it covers for a month. It's SUPPLEMENTAL and that means it should be spent on the basics. But it could be a lot less if some of those tons of vegetables that are grown and never make it to market were distributed and processed by the government as surplus and were given to SNAP recipients in lieu of cash. It would make more money for farmers, too. Why don't they do that anymore?

Are you talking about the corporate welfare that the asshole Obama gave to GM, Chrysler and all the environmental wacko companies like Solyndra or do you mean the bailout he gave to the Wall Street banks that contributed to his campaign?.

All welfare, bailouts, subsidies and entitlements are wrong, even when it benefits the filthy ass Democrat constituency.

SNAP is not a lot of money to feed the folks it covers for a month. It's SUPPLEMENTAL and that means it should be spent on the basics. But it could be a lot less if some of those tons of vegetables that are grown and never make it to market were distributed and processed by the government as surplus and were given to SNAP recipients in lieu of cash. It would make more money for farmers, too. Why don't they do that anymore?

Theory:
a. The US Dept of Agriculture has determined it is more 'cost effective' (sometimes code words for bowing to special interests) to compensate (or make tolerable) the losses suffered by farmers and grocers...than to become the distributor. Inevitable losses are also factored into food prices all along the way. .And...
b. Grocers are forbidden by law in my state to donate perishables...and in some states even expired dry goods. It wasn't just for the benefit of the consumer that expiration dates became the norm. And of course there's the inevitable 'liabilities'.

Agreed that nutrition assistance was not meant to be wholly provisional. The premise is to supplement nutritional needs. There are many foods stuffs with little if any nutritional value. Most nutritionists would define nutritional food as vegetables, fruits and proteins, along with grains. Limiting snap funds to those food groups does not deny anyone the choice to purchase treats and snacks with their own money...the same choice we all have.

On a recent trip to the grocery store, in the dairy section there was a store employee with a cart full of yogurt and cottage cheese a day or two past the 'sell by' date. I asked him if the store was going to donate the food to a local soup kitchen or charity - he replied, we're not allowed to.

Are you talking about the corporate welfare that the asshole Obama gave to GM, Chrysler and all the environmental wacko companies like Solyndra or do you mean the bailout he gave to the Wall Street banks that contributed to his campaign?.

All welfare, bailouts, subsidies and entitlements are wrong, even when it benefits the filthy ass Democrat constituency.

I am talking exactly about that, but i notice you forgot about the money W threw at them first so they could party. So are you only for it when rigbty gives them welfare.

Theory:
a. The US Dept of Agriculture has determined it is more 'cost effective' (sometimes code words for bowing to special interests) to compensate (or make tolerable) the losses suffered by farmers and grocers...than to become the distributor. Inevitable losses are also factored into food prices all along the way. .And...
b. Grocers are forbidden by law in my state to donate perishables...and in some states even expired dry goods. It wasn't just for the benefit of the consumer that expiration dates became the norm. And of course there's the inevitable 'liabilities'.

Agreed that nutrition assistance was not meant to be wholly provisional. The premise is to supplement nutritional needs. There are many foods stuffs with little if any nutritional value. Most nutritionists would define nutritional food as vegetables, fruits and proteins, along with grains. Limiting snap funds to those food groups does not deny anyone the choice to purchase treats and snacks with their own money...the same choice we all have.

On a recent trip to the grocery store, in the dairy section there was a store employee with a cart full of yogurt and cottage cheese a day or two past the 'sell by' date. I asked him if the store was going to donate the food to a local soup kitchen or charity - he replied, we're not allowed to.
It just makes me want to cry to hear that still good food is going in the dumpster. I hope a lot of homeless dumpster divers find that trash bin before the heat ruins the food.
I'm not sure about our state as far as expiration date. I know our local supermarket (we've only got one in town) brings expiring bread, cakes, etc. to the senior housing and the community center that does lunches three days a week. They may do that the same day or day before it's too late. I saw a documentary on Link channel of a couple that lived solely on dumpster diving for a number of months--six, if I remember right. They were healthy and still well fed when the time was up. A bit rocky to start, but once they found the grocery store dumpsters, they were all set.

It just makes me want to cry to hear that still good food is going in the dumpster. I hope a lot of homeless dumpster divers find that trash bin before the heat ruins the food.
I'm not sure about our state as far as expiration date. I know our local supermarket (we've only got one in town) brings expiring bread, cakes, etc. to the senior housing and the community center that does lunches three days a week. They may do that the same day or day before it's too late. I saw a documentary on Link channel of a couple that lived solely on dumpster diving for a number of months--six, if I remember right. They were healthy and still well fed when the time was up. A bit rocky to start, but once they found the grocery store dumpsters, they were all set.

This particular store is in a rural area that, other than churches, offer little services for the homeless so there aren't many who congregate - I think most of that food spoiled rapidly in our Fl heat. However, a nearby moderate sized town has several food banks and soup kitchens as well as a Salvation Army center that provides housing as well as clothing, groceries and meals. Anyone can walk in and have a hot breakfast and hot supper. Midday meals are for residents only because other soup kitchens serve lunch. Most of these facilities are concentrated near the downtown area - but would have gladly sent a volunteer to pick up food donations from a grocer.

There is also a state-wide chain that is heavily vested in providing training and employment for the mentally and physically disabled. This chain donates baked goods and packaged breads to the local Salvation Army...who puts in their lobby on a table for anyone who needs it with a sign that says 'take what you need, leave some for others'. Worked for years - until recently when a few started taking all and reselling it on the street for pennies on the dollar. The SA had to restrict access, and the grocer had to apply big red 'Not for Resale' stickers. Sadly it only takes a few.

[Q

I am talking exactly about that, but i notice you forgot about the money W threw at them first so they could party. So are you only for it when rigbty gives them welfare.

You are barking up the wrong tree there Sport. I dropped the Republican Party and Bush many years ago because they are almost as big government as the filthy ass Democrats.

Glad to see that you are joining me to advocate that we do away with all welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts.

[Q

You are barking up the wrong tree there Sport. I dropped the Republican Party and Bush many years ago because they are almost as big government as the filthy ass Democrats.

Glad to see that you are joining me to advocate that we do away with all welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts.

I reckon we are on the same page as far as that goes, but certainly differ on Agent Oranges ability to deliver well anything.

Forum List

Back