Trump will take it a step far

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Of course I like that Trump is taking a battering ram to the corporate media. I do want lower taxes. It's great that he's not espousing bad immigration policies and a rigged health care system that are a total slap to our American faces. So, in essence I'm even more pleased with him than any president in my lifetime (sadly). But I can't trust a guy who says that a guy like Snowden who sacrificed everything to shine a light on the corruption should be executed. The fact that he hired a CIA guy who touts the same venom is not good. Hiring an oil robber baron to be secretary of state is likely a sign of corruption. Hiring a sleezeball for attorney general is par for the course but not comforting. So, while I like much of what Trump has done; I don't feel like he has any sort of great moral compass. It just sometimes appears so by comparison to other forces. How will he take it to far and what will be the consequences? I don't know. Don't confuse this with buyer's remorse though. Hillary Clinton was the devil in disguise. I'm still plenty happy that we dodged that bullet.

I agree and disagree. What I think is we (for the first time in many years) have a President that doesn't care about the title, doesn't care about making money, doesn't care about his legacy. I think we have a guy that finally cares about the country.

That being said, it doesn't mean you have to agree with him all the time. In fact you might disagree with him plenty. What nobody (outside political hacks) can disagree with his his intentions.

I agree and disagree. What I think is we (for the first time in many years) have a President that doesn't care about the title, doesn't care about making money, doesn't care about his legacy. I think we have a guy that finally cares about the country.

That being said, it doesn't mean you have to agree with him all the time. In fact you might disagree with him plenty. What nobody (outside political hacks) can disagree with his his intentions.

What would be the reason for executing Snowden? Trump doesn't want a light shined on the corruption. And he definitely has his business interests that seem to be benefitting from all of this. This is a guy who praised Hillary when it was already well known that she was corrupt.

What would be the reason for executing Snowden? Trump doesn't want a light shined on the corruption. And he definitely has his business interests that seem to be benefitting from all of this. This is a guy who praised Hillary when it was already well known that she was corrupt.

He stole more than a million documents, no just the ones on domestic surveillance. Who did he give them to? There's way too many unknowns to even think of giving him a pass.

He stole more than a million documents, no just the ones on domestic surveillance. Who did he give them to? There's way too many unknowns to even think of giving him a pass.

And where's the damages? As far as I'm concerned he was stealing stolen documents back for the American people. Or do you think it's okay for the government to spy on you?

Yes he did, and unlike your typical professional politician, he explained why.

The whole system is corrupt. Trump came out and stated this is how the game is played. If you want to succeed in business, you have to get involved in politics whether you agree with it or not. Pay to play.

Bill Gates found that out long ago. He stayed out of politics and kept his money for himself and his company; that was until Clinton sent his guard dogs out to fine his company a millions dollars a day for some phony monopoly charge. There was no monopoly. I used Apple products since my first computer. I never needed any Microsoft products because I had no choice but to buy them.

When it comes to pay to play, Trump is an insider revealing all the dirt and corruption (yes, that he had no choice but to be involved in) in politics. Who better than an insider to clean all this up?

And where's the damages? As far as I'm concerned he was stealing stolen documents back for the American people. Or do you think it's okay for the government to spy on you?

Nope it's not OK, but he took much more that just that. Without knowing exactly what he took and what other programs he compromised, in my mind he's a traitor. You can agree or not, you won't change my mind. Are you aware that the first job he had didn't give him access to level 3 data. He found out another company that had a contract did, so he changed jobs. He maneuvered himself to get the access and had every intention on stealing secrets, he wasn't just a smuck that stumbled on the domestic program information.

Of course I like that Trump is taking a battering ram to the corporate media. I do want lower taxes. It's great that he's not espousing bad immigration policies and a rigged health care system that are a total slap to our American faces. So, in essence I'm even more pleased with him than any president in my lifetime (sadly). But I can't trust a guy who says that a guy like Snowden who sacrificed everything to shine a light on the corruption should be executed. The fact that he hired a CIA guy who touts the same venom is not good. Hiring an oil robber baron to be secretary of state is likely a sign of corruption. Hiring a sleezeball for attorney general is par for the course but not comforting. So, while I like much of what Trump has done; I don't feel like he has any sort of great moral compass. It just sometimes appears so by comparison to other forces. How will he take it to far and what will be the consequences? I don't know. Don't confuse this with buyer's remorse though. Hillary Clinton was the devil in disguise. I'm still plenty happy that we dodged that bullet.
Other than the Hillary thing I agree.

Or I wish dems had the Senate to keep trump in check.

But then part of me says let the Republicans have complete control so no excuses if their way don't work

But then part of me says let the Republicans have complete control so no excuses if their way don't work

The Republicans don't have a way. They are bought and paid for in most cases like Democrats. And I'm sorry that you decided to put your head so far up your ass that you can't see Hillary for what she is. But that's what partisans do.

The whole system is corrupt. Trump came out and stated this is how the game is played. If you want to succeed in business, you have to get involved in politics whether you agree with it or not. Pay to play.

Bill Gates found that out long ago. He stayed out of politics and kept his money for himself and his company; that was until Clinton sent his guard dogs out to fine his company a millions dollars a day for some phony monopoly charge. There was no monopoly. I used Apple products since my first computer. I never needed any Microsoft products because I had no choice but to buy them.

When it comes to pay to play, Trump is an insider revealing all the dirt and corruption (yes, that he had no choice but to be involved in) in politics. Who better than an insider to clean all this up?

So, Trump enriches himself by playing the game. He still plays the game; and you somehow think he'll have the motivation to clean it up? No. If he had that kind of moral fortitude it would be readily apparent. I'm not saying he can't do some good; but he will not be some sort of political savior.

Nope it's not OK, but he took much more that just that. Without knowing exactly what he took and what other programs he compromised, in my mind he's a traitor. You can agree or not, you won't change my mind. Are you aware that the first job he had didn't give him access to level 3 data. He found out another company that had a contract did, so he changed jobs. He maneuvered himself to get the access and had every intention on stealing secrets, he wasn't just a smuck that stumbled on the domestic program information.

I think you are throwing out some unverified or conflated information. And the idea that you think he maneuvered to sabotage the USA tells me that you're reading some propaganda pieces. Attacking Snowden personally is what the political assassins do because they can't make any sort of case against him; in fact, if they stuck to the facts they would only have to have a conversation about a system that operates in a reckless and unconstitutional manner. The tyrants don't like the Snowdens of the world. But Snowden is a great guy who speaks truth in a way that is constructive rather than destructive.

I happen to be glad that Snowden did what he did. The public needed confirmation of something that they should have already known. HOWEVER, I also think that the punishment (execution) should still stand. Understand that Snowden did what he did knowing full well what the consequences were - executed if caught and exiled if not. That is the weight that needs to be in place for people like him to consider taking and releasing critical documents. To release secrete documents you should have to consider if it is worth your life.

The Republicans don't have a way. They are bought and paid for in most cases like Democrats. And I'm sorry that you decided to put your head so far up your ass that you can't see Hillary for what she is. But that's what partisans do.
No I see what Hillary was. I just also wanted that supreme Court pick and i don't want trump rubber stamping McConnell Ryan legislation

I think you are throwing out some unverified or conflated information. And the idea that you think he maneuvered to sabotage the USA tells me that you're reading some propaganda pieces. Attacking Snowden personally is what the political assassins do because they can't make any sort of case against him; in fact, if they stuck to the facts they would only have to have a conversation about a system that operates in a reckless and unconstitutional manner. The tyrants don't like the Snowdens of the world. But Snowden is a great guy who speaks truth in a way that is constructive rather than destructive.

Take it up with the guy that just wrote a book on the traitor, Hannity interviewed him a night or two ago. He named the company he started with and the company he was working for when the got access to the level 3 info.

So, Trump enriches himself by playing the game. He still plays the game; and you somehow think he'll have the motivation to clean it up? No. If he had that kind of moral fortitude it would be readily apparent. I'm not saying he can't do some good; but he will not be some sort of political savior.

Still playing the game how? What has he done that would personally enrich himself these last couple of weeks?

Trump is not playing the game, he's exposing the game.

I happen to be glad that Snowden did what he did. The public needed confirmation of something that they should have already known. HOWEVER, I also think that the punishment (execution) should still stand. Understand that Snowden did what he did knowing full well what the consequences were - executed if caught and exiled if not. That is the weight that needs to be in place for people like him to consider taking and releasing critical documents. To release secrete documents you should have to consider if it is worth your life.

First off, he didn't release any documents. He worked with journalists who chose to report the story. Second off, we don't just kill anyone as a deterrent to doing right. That's absolute nonsense. If "the state" doesn't have solid ground for what they're doing, that's their problem. The government is for the people, not the other way around. You shouldn't be glad that someone did what needed to be done and then in the next breath say he should be killed for it. That's total nonsense.

First off, he didn't release any documents. He worked with journalists who chose to report the story. Second off, we don't just kill anyone as a deterrent to doing right. That's absolute nonsense. If "the state" doesn't have solid ground for what they're doing, that's their problem. The government is for the people, not the other way around. You shouldn't be glad that someone did what needed to be done and then in the next breath say he should be killed for it. That's total nonsense.
It is not nonsense at all. If we waive the punishment for releasing classified information then what you will have is a wave of such information coming out - that is a fact. What we have is a system where the only time that someone is going to release that information - info that the state has determined vital and sill cause major harm if it is released - is when they truly do believe that it is imperative that the nation knows it.

It is not nonsense at all. If we waive the punishment for releasing classified information then what you will have is a wave of such information coming out - that is a fact. What we have is a system where the only time that someone is going to release that information - info that the state has determined vital and sill cause major harm if it is released - is when they truly do believe that it is imperative that the nation knows it.

Is Hillary getting punished? Are scores of other high profile persons getting punished? There was one high ranking official who lied to Congress under oath on the matter (a felony), and he is not being punished. Do you know how many crimes were committed that Snowden exposed? Are all those tyrants being punished? You want to punish the guy who is the good American? You're a conditioned cog who has accepted the line that "anyone who would endanger safety (so long as they're a little person)".

And yes, we have applicable punishments for bad people who do bad things. That is what laws are for. They are not enacted to punish the well meaning person or who otherwise go against good sense. Gross applications of the law are only allowed when society rationalizes it, which is what you are doing to the glee of men and women who do not have your better interests at heart.

And so punishing Snowden is supposed to deter what? That we should all be good little minions and allow our government to be corrupt? That is what you effectively espouse. Trust me; Snowden took the full brunt of the consequences. He had a cushy life. He had to go into exile; he had to do this in the face of serious legal and life threatening repercussions as it is. It took a hero to do that. You're basically the person that's like, well George Washington did a good thing, but he deserves to die for what he had done. It's irrational. If you're on the side of freedom, you don't irrationally straddle that fence.

Still playing the game how? What has he done that would personally enrich himself these last couple of weeks?

Trump is not playing the game, he's exposing the game.

Trump has influence on plenty of things now that directly affect his business and people who he has done business with. In fact, Muslim countries with which he has much business with were not banned. That's just one example. There are plenty out there. Am I trying to view Trump in a bad light re: business? No. I'm just making the point that he does have conflicts of interest and that I seriously doubt he is altruistic. He's much closer to a megalomaniac frankly.

Take it up with the guy that just wrote a book on the traitor, Hannity interviewed him a night or two ago. He named the company he started with and the company he was working for when the got access to the level 3 info.

I've seen one person after another try to besmirch Snowden. Often, these are people with their own agendas that are anti-freedom or otherwise selfish. I have no doubt that someone on Hannity sold you. I've not seen someone make a convincing argument that Snowden did this for the wrong reasons OR that even what he did was not a very big net positive OR that what he did caused damages. The reality is that elitists are mad that Snowden exposed them for the criminals they are.

Forum List

Back