trump's greatest disaster may have alteady happened....

I forgot to mention Sept 14th's "Urma" hitting Florida (not to be confused with Irma?? No, I think the media can't keep their names right... pretty sure it was Irma yeah?) anyway it also depleted 'on hand' emergency supplies. [Edit; admittedly I'm biased against the media - it's actually the internet that can't keep the names straight]

2017 Hurricane season was really brutal...

The 2017 Atlantic hurricane season was a hyperactive and catastrophic hurricane season that, with a damage total of at least $282.16 billion (USD), was the costliest season on record, surpassing the previous record holder – the 2005 season. More than 99.7 percent of the season's damage was due to three of the season's major hurricanes – Harvey, Maria, and Irma. Featuring 17 named storms, 10 hurricanes and 6 major hurricanes, the 2017 season ranks alongside 1936 as the fifth-most active season since records began in 1851. Another substantial hurricane, Nate was the worst natural disaster in Costa Rican history; Harvey, Irma, Maria, and Nate's names were retired due to their high damage costs and loss of life.

This season is also one of only six years on record to feature multiple Category 5 hurricanes, and only the second after 2007 to feature two hurricanes making landfall at that intensity. The season also featured both the highest total accumulated cyclone energy (ACE) and the highest number of major hurricanes since 2005. All ten of the season's hurricanes occurred in a row, the greatest number of consecutive hurricanes in the satellite era, and tied for the greatest number of consecutive hurricanes ever observed in the Atlantic basin since records began in 1851. In addition, this season is the only season on record in which three hurricanes each had an ACE of over 40: Irma, Jose, and Maria.

The season officially began on June 1 and ended on November 30.

USA Today reports:

September was the true behemoth, the single-most powerful month ever recorded in the Atlantic in terms of hurricane intensity.

In a statistic known as "Accumulated Cyclone Energy," Hurricanes Irma, Jose, Katia, Lee and Maria that month generated the largest amount of energy for any month on record, according to Colorado State University meteorologist Phil Klotzbach.

Both Irma and Maria soared to Category 5 strength, the top of the Saffir-Simpson scale of hurricane intensity. Irma’s landfall on Barbuda and Maria's landfall on Dominica makes 2017 only the second season on record to feature two hurricanes that hit at Category 5 strength.

Other records from the season included the 60.58 inches of rain that fell near Nederland, Texas, during Harvey. This broke the record for the greatest rainfall amount ever recorded in the 48 contiguous states from a single storm, WeatherBug reported.

Meanwhile, Irma was the strongest storm on record in the Atlantic — excluding the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico — with maximum winds of 185 mph and an unofficial wind gust of 199 mph.

And Maria was the worst natural disaster in Puerto Rico's history, leaving potentially hundreds dead.

The 2017 Atlantic hurricane season was also the first season since records began in 1851 to have two Category 4 hurricanes make continental U.S. landfall in the same year (Harvey and Irma), according to Klotzbach.

Last edited:
For the record. So I've watched the PBS video now.

The one mayor with the requested generators on the video (@ around 8mins) FEMA said they don't have any generators and they have to build them. (These aren't the kind of generators you run down to the store to buy, they're typically built to spec when ordered.) Around this same time in the video our guys are saying it'd be at least 7 months to get power back.

@ 9mins you'll hear about the absolutely worthless system PR had, and what we're doing to fix it... or I should probably say, replace it because the old system is basically gone. Watch through to about 11:30 and you'll hear about the neglect of their power plants spanning back decades; routine maintenance ignored, rusty parts left instead of replaced, etc.

[11:30 through 31:44 are basically complaining that Bill Clinton phased out the corporate tax benefits which caused them to leave PR, which then in turn caused the gov to have less money, then the people protested over reduced spending, so PR decided to just keep spending, gov selling PR bonds and borrowing money from banks to cover their debt.]

@37:00 they investigated "the tarp mystery" and found that FEMA had about 12k tarps. The FEMA guy notes that it takes 7 days "or sometimes longer" to even get tarps to the island - which if you watch the previous 5mins you'll hear the disaster worker note that they needed tarps in 24-48 hours to prevent damage to possibly savable homes (aka the damage was done before the tarps could even get there -- so basically this entire section of the video is bitching about a logistical impossibility. @ around 41:10 you'll hear about a separate "tarp" program run by the Army, basically they put sheets of plastic on roofs which is the same thing the tarps were intended to be used for, they note that their local area tarps (aka the ones that were stored in PR) plus the previous stock pile had been depleted due to Erma (Erma hit the Virgin Islands September 6, 2017 -- Hurricane Maria hit PR on September 20, 2017 -- so yeah, fault the US for failing to replenish emergency tarp supplies during the 14 days between the two devastating cat 5 hurricanes... Fucking hell...)

You can pretty much stop watching at this point - from here on out it's just harping on the fact that the emergency supplies were dangerously low during Maria - duh I'm a SJW and I have zero common sense, time to hate on America...
Asking for water to keep alive after back to back cat 5 disasters is not being a SJW. Governments #1 Job is keeping its citizens alive & safe. This was the most massive government fail in my lifetime. Trump gave the federal government performance a perfect 10 out of 10. That's worse than Bush's claim that he kept US safe!

Last edited:
maybe this situation will make you 'islanders' think ahead to the future and maintain the new stuff and infrastructure that we taxpayers buy for you Kiss .

maybe this situation will make you 'islanders' think ahead to the future and maintain the new stuff and infrastructure that we taxpayers buy for you Kiss .
The people are dead dumbass!

65,000 power poles new & old were ripped out of the ground, It did not matter if the poles new or old, because they still got blown down. Strict new Cat 5 rating infrastructure & building code would have to be enforced over entire island for 50+ years to survive those disasters. Every wire will have to be buried underground. Homes made of solid reinforced concrete with roof straps. Heavy windows, doors & garage doors.

We had those portable bridges & the 7 generators in stock that were needed to get the clean safe drinking water flowing again. Trump just did not send them in their greatest time of need, so thousands Died!!! Trump is suppressing facts! These people did not die in the storms, they died from government failure!

Last edited:
such is life when you live on an island i guess . See island 'hawaii' as we speak and see Bradford and Wilkes Barre [non islands] Pennsylvania that i hear were destroyed by tornado Kiss .

The one mayor with the requested generators on the video (@ around 8mins) FEMA said they don't have any generators and they have to build them. (These aren't the kind of generators you run down to the store to buy, they're typically built to spec when ordered.) Around this same time in the video our guys are saying it'd be at least 7 months to get power back.

@ 9mins you'll hear about the absolutely worthless system PR had, and what we're doing to fix it... or I should probably say, replace it because the old system is basically gone. Watch through to about 11:30 and you'll hear about the neglect of their power plants spanning back decades; routine maintenance ignored, rusty parts left instead of replaced, etc.

[11:30 through 31:44 are basically complaining that Bill Clinton phased out the corporate tax benefits which caused them to leave PR, which then in turn caused the gov to have less money, then the people protested over reduced spending, so PR decided to just keep spending, gov selling PR bonds and borrowing money from banks to cover their debt.]

@37:00 they investigated "the tarp mystery" and found that FEMA had about 12k tarps. The FEMA guy notes that it takes 7 days "or sometimes longer" to even get tarps to the island - which if you watch the previous 5mins you'll hear the disaster worker note that they needed tarps in 24-48 hours to prevent damage to possibly savable homes (aka the damage was done before the tarps could even get there -- so basically this entire section of the video is bitching about a logistical impossibility. @ around 41:10 you'll hear about a separate "tarp" program run by the Army, basically they put sheets of plastic on roofs which is the same thing the tarps were intended to be used for, they note that their local area tarps (aka the ones that were stored in PR) plus the previous stock pile had been depleted due to Erma (Erma hit the Virgin Islands September 6, 2017 -- Hurricane Maria hit PR on September 20, 2017 -- so yeah, fault the US for failing to replenish emergency tarp supplies during the 14 days between the two devastating cat 5 hurricanes... Fucking hell...)

You can pretty much stop watching at this point - from here on out it's just harping on the fact that the emergency supplies were dangerously low during Maria - duh I'm a SJW and I have zero common sense, time to hate on America...
Asking for water to keep alive after back to back cat 5 disasters is not being a SJW. Governments #1 Job is keeping its citizens alive & safe. This was the most massive government fail in my lifetime. Trump gave the federal government performance a perfect 10 out of 10. That's worse than Bush's claim that he kept US safe!

They had enough water for the immediate need, watch the video. They ran short on tarps - to cover the roof's of homes that were salvageable. The only problem they had with water distribution was downed trees and powerlines on the roads as far as I know.

As far as the 7 generators needed by the one town - again, FEMA had sent them to the VI to deal with Irma, those things are not shelf items, they had to be engineered which takes time. So yeah, again, you're complaining about the impossible.

They had enough water for the immediate need, watch the video. They ran short on tarps - to cover the roof's of homes that were salvageable. The only problem they had with water distribution was downed trees and powerlines on the roads as far as I know.

As far as the 7 generators needed by the one town - again, FEMA had sent them to the VI to deal with Irma, those things are not shelf items, they had to be engineered which takes time. So yeah, again, you're complaining about the impossible.
They were told they were out of stock & needed to be engineered, but I know that was bullshit. We had generators & tarps, but FEMA was only accepting overpriced products from Trump's Republican Campaign Donors!

They were told they were out of stock & needed to be engineered, but I know that was bullshit. We had generators & tarps, but FEMA was only accepting overpriced products from Trump's Republican Campaign Donors!

Prove it.

Prove it.
For starters, over the past year the Federal government auctioned off 3,500 military surplus large generators through www.govplanet.com that can easily be connected together creating any amount of power needed. Many of them supplied 250kw each. Then there was my previous link to many in stock 2,500kw generators for sale.

Last edited:

Prove it.
For starters, over the past year the Federal government auctioned off 3,500 military surplus large generators through www.govplanet.com that can easily be connected together creating any amount of power needed. many of them supplied 250kw each. Then there was my previous link to many in stock 2,500kw generators for sale.

I'm not a generator expert, but I'd say: 1) In the past year, you mean in late 2017 through 2018 - AFTER the hurricanes? I'd not be surprised that we ended up with a bunch extra after the fact. 2) I seriously doubt it's safe to cobble together a bunch of generators, shit you can't even have /one/ in the states without a bunch of precautions and red tape (maybe I'm wrong though.) 3) and most importantly in my mind here, why do you think that FEMA would hold back generators from PR but not VI? The entire premise you forward is essentially that FEMA is "racist" against PR - it's based on nothing substantiated and completely ignores the reality that we've never had that many cat 5's before and could not have been expected to be prepared for something that crazy - it's never happened in the entire history of our weather recording.

What I see is that you're reaching, a shit ton.

Prove it.
For starters, over the past year the Federal government auctioned off 3,500 military surplus large generators through www.govplanet.com that can easily be connected together creating any amount of power needed. many of them supplied 250kw each. Then there was my previous link to many in stock 2,500kw generators for sale.

I'm not a generator expert, but I'd say: 1) In the past year, you mean in late 2017 through 2018 - AFTER the hurricanes? I'd not be surprised that we ended up with a bunch extra after the fact. 2) I seriously doubt it's safe to cobble together a bunch of generators, shit you can't even have /one/ in the states without a bunch of precautions and red tape (maybe I'm wrong though.) 3) and most importantly in my mind here, why do you think that FEMA would hold back generators from PR but not VI? The entire premise you forward is essentially that FEMA is "racist" against PR - it's based on nothing substantiated and completely ignores the reality that we've never had that many cat 5's before and could not have been expected to be prepared for something that crazy - it's never happened in the entire history of our weather recording.

You are clueless. I constantly buy & sell surplus equipment & the government was steadily auctioning off new surplus generators before, during & after the crisis. Plus suppliers were fully stocked.

During Haiti relief Bush & Clinton were on TV begging for Tarps & Trucks. They said there were not enough Tarps & Trucks available to buy even with all the the money they had collected. I was with a billboard company that had cargo shipping containers packed full of thousands of large heavy tarps ready to ship out & we called the number on the screen & offered them all up for free. They said no, thanks, we need MONEY!!!

Last edited:
Imagine if the WTC came down and the government said only 64 people had died and then a year later, we found it it was actually over 3000. Would it be just an "oops". Sorry?
Republicans today would not care about 9/11. They'd probably cheer it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Prove it.

You are clueless. I constantly buy & sell surplus equipment & the government was steadily auctioning off new surplus generators before, during & after the crisis. Plus suppliers were fully stocked.

During Haiti relief Bush & Clinton were on TV begging for Tarps & Trucks. They said there were not enough Tarps & Trucks available to buy even with all the the money they had collected. I was with a billboard company that had cargo shipping containers packed full of thousands of large heavy tarps ready to ship out & we called the number on the screen & offered them all up for free. They said no, thanks, we need MONEY!!!

You constantly sell special generators that can run entire cities... I don't believe you. Prove it.

As your documentary noted, the first two contractors couldn't fill the order for tarps. It also noted that the policy of not importing tarps was lifted in order to meet the need.

IF you want to have a beef about the delay on tarps, it'd be with the first two contractors who failed to do what they bid and said they would do. As for the generators, I guarantee you that FEMA was trying to get them -- perhaps you think it's appropriate to send a bunch of home and small store sized generators "instead" but I'm sure the safety folks, insurance, some regulation, whatever, says it's not allowed.

You have decided that it's more reasonable for us to believe that the entire FEMA program was some how "racist" toward PR, because the reality of a never before seen hurricane season that basically destroyed most of VI, plus Harvey flooding all along the coastline, and then there was Florida used up all our supplies before PR was destroyed by Maria is just too painful for you. Most of the rest of the world is not so... emotionally(?) invested in this situation and are quite sure that FEMA did the best they could given an unprecedented hurricane season.

And it figures you didn't understand the study.

I understood. You had a fit becausr your orange buddy never fucks anything up so certainly that any people could not have possibly died.

No, I am just pointing out the 5000 number is pretty much baseless, and that you lemmings latched onto it as a Trump smear without actually reading into it's basis.

And then you have this:

Puerto Rico ordered to release death records - CNN

Why is the PR state government trying to prevent their release? They know the media will lump any increase in death rates to Trump.

What are they so concerned about?

They are concerned that Trump will retaliate against the already suffering & dying Puerto Ricans as he dose anyone who refuses to spew his PC rhetoric!!!

Wow, that's a stretch even for people on this board.

All Trump has done so far as retaliation is tweet at people and hurt their feeeeewings.

It's a fact that Puerto Rico is afraid Trump will totally cut them off if they piss him off.

"Mr. Rosselló, a first-term governor, has little choice but to sing the administration’s praises because criticizing the unpredictable president could affect the delivery of aid to the island. That has left Ms. Cruz to play the role of Puerto Rico’s chief critic of the recovery effort.

Ms. Cruz read a text from another city mayor that read “total desperation.” He had no water. “Some of the mayors that I have been able to reach or have reached me are scared of voicing their concern, because they are concerned if they do, they won’t even get a bottle of water,” she said. “That is a sad situation in a democratic society when fear takes a hold of people, then you know something isn’t working.”"

So the worst thing the governor has to do is play nice with the leader of the government that is sending billions in aid to him?

That is telling him to use this opportunity to fix decades of fiscal mismanagement?

That once the basic stuff is fixed, other fixes depend on them fixing the issue above?

For some reason that seems like a small price to pay to fix things.

Prove it.

You constantly sell special generators that can run entire cities... I don't believe you. Prove it.

As your documentary noted, the first two contractors couldn't fill the order for tarps. It also noted that the policy of not importing tarps was lifted in order to meet the need.

IF you want to have a beef about the delay on tarps, it'd be with the first two contractors who failed to do what they bid and said they would do. As for the generators, I guarantee you that FEMA was trying to get them -- perhaps you think it's appropriate to send a bunch of home and small store sized generators "instead" but I'm sure the safety folks, insurance, some regulation, whatever, says it's not allowed.

You have decided that it's more reasonable for us to believe that the entire FEMA program was some how "racist" toward PR, because the reality of a never before seen hurricane season that basically destroyed most of VI, plus Harvey flooding all along the coastline, and then there was Florida used up all our supplies before PR was destroyed by Maria is just too painful for you. Most of the rest of the world is not so... emotionally(?) invested in this situation and are quite sure that FEMA did the best they could given an unprecedented hurricane season.
The Army and National Guard have tens of thousands of generators of all sizes
If it would save American lives, they should have been provided

Last edited:

Prove it.

I buy whatever I can sell at a good profit & flip it. I did many generators & am always watching the government auctions for them.

You are completely clueless about those generators. One of those 2,500kW generators will supply power to over 2,000 homes & was more than they needed to run their water pumps. That one link I showed you always has 10+ of them ready to ship at any time.

Each of those 3,500 generators the Government sold were much larger than any you can buy at a home depot & in proper working order. Many will power 200 homes each. Military bases link them together as they grow in war zones.

Last edited:
Prove it.

I buy whatever I can sell at a good profit & flip it. I did many generators & am always watching the government auctions for them.

You are completely clueless about those generators. One of those 2,500kW generators will supply power to over 2,000 homes & was more than they needed to run their water pumps. That one link I showed you always has 10+ of them ready to ship at any time.

Each of those 3,500 generators the Government sold were much larger than any you can buy at a home depot & in proper working order. Many will power 200 homes each. Military bases link them together as they grow in war zones.

I have little doubt that the ones being sold on the auction right now are "stop gap" generators that were purchased or donated to make ends meet from the 2017 hurricane season - and/or they're obsolete, too small, etc. from prior years.

Regardless, FEMA is "doing something" about it. They ordered up an extra 300 generators on the heels of the season because they clearly didn't have enough to deal with 3 rapidly hitting massive cat 5 hurricanes, two islands getting completely destroyed + Harvey, & then Florida all hitting in the same season. Again, this has never happened in the recorded history of hurricanes.

If you want to believe your fantasy that FEMA intentionally fucked over PR that's on you. Most folks don't.

Prove it.

The army and nat guard have specialty generators which are designed ot provide a mobile base of operations and/or to run say the immediate needs of a single hospital. They are not designed to run cities for long periods of time. Most generators are designed to be run for a few hours, maybe a few days, they are not designed to be run for months and months on end, and certainly they're not meant to take the place of an entire power grid on an island. You advocate doing hap-hazzard dangerous things as a matter of course, FEMA/Army/Nat Guard/every single business on the other hand have strict rules and regulations that they must follow, breaking those rules opens them up to being sued, increases their insurance and workmans comp charges, and can even result in insurance companies refusing to cover them - which means the "help" goes away entirely.

I've seen it happen in Anchorage just last year/year before - some of the homeless folks got in a fight over night, a careless employee just wiped blood off the tables with a cloth before serving dinner (instead of doing a bleach clean etc. as required) The insurance company stated that they would no longer cover over night stays at the shelter and Bean's Cafe had to shut down the over night stays and now all the homeless are out on the streets all night. Bean's had to jump through a shit ton of hoops just to even serve free meals anymore.
( This article touches on the problem for Beans re insurance and improper following of rules and regulations - Bean’s Cafe forced to close nighttime shelter )

The army and nat guard have specialty generators which are designed ot provide a mobile base of operations and/or to run say the immediate needs of a single hospital. They are not designed to run cities for long periods of time. Most generators are designed to be run for a few hours, maybe a few days, they are not designed to be run for months and months on end, and certainly they're not meant to take the place of an entire power grid on an island. You advocate doing hap-hazzard dangerous things as a matter of course, FEMA/Army/Nat Guard/every single business on the other hand have strict rules and regulations that they must follow, breaking those rules opens them up to being sued, increases their insurance and workmans comp charges, and can even result in insurance companies refusing to cover them - which means the "help" goes away entirely.

I've seen it happen in Anchorage just last year/year before - some of the homeless folks got in a fight over night, a careless employee just wiped blood off the tables with a cloth before serving dinner (instead of doing a bleach clean etc. as required) The insurance company stated that they would no longer cover over night stays at the shelter and Bean's Cafe had to shut down the over night stays and now all the homeless are out on the streets all night. Bean's had to jump through a shit ton of hoops just to even serve free meals anymore.
( This article touches on the problem for Beans re insurance and improper following of rules and regulations - Bean’s Cafe forced to close nighttime shelter )
Army generators run on diesel and are designed to run 24/7
They are superior to anything FEMA may have

You don’t need to provide electricity for a whole city, just critical applications for water and medical

Forum List

Back