Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

ROFL! Oh yes, America, arose from barbarism and declined into decadence without ever passing through civilisation. You are manipulated by your media, corporations and wealthy predator class to do what they want you to do, while maintaining the illusion of "freedom"

Wow, no sh** Sherlock. That however is not the point.

And yet inexplicably many in the UK brush off or are even proud of their pagan, Roman and even Norse heritage.

Idiots and hypocrites, the lot of you.

I have no intention whatsoever, nor do I care one way or the other about how much you believe you are "free"; whatever rocks your boat. Belief and reality are however, different.

In your dreams.

Ah, you are talking about ultimate responsibility, while I am asking who actually initiates any violence that occurs during a burglary, two different subjects.

Why do foreigners come to our message boards and ASSume we care what they think of us or our nation?

What's wrong with our heritage, it's an acknowledgement of where we came from and how far we have progressed. How is that idiotic or hypocritical. We don't deny our history, good and bad, unlike some.

You realize you just make crap up. "Deny our history"...what does that even mean, do you even think Americans "deny our history"?

Bug off at any rate. No one cares what you think. Go back to fluffing up your ancient queen

What's wrong with our heritage, it's an acknowledgement of where we came from and how far we have progressed. How is that idiotic or hypocritical. We don't deny our history, good and bad, unlike some.

Would Rotherham be an example of "how far you progressed"?

Kids in schools are usually shot by other kids. I gave a gun law solution to that above.

Semi-automatic rifles sold publicly are not military grade. The shooter in Las Vegas brought 6 of them with him because he had modified them to be MORE like an automatic military grade weapon. When they stormed his hotel suite -- they found 2 or 3 of them COMPLETELY ruined with the barrels melted and jammed up. AR does not stand for "assault rifle" -- look it up.

They are neccessary for personal defense of life and property. During rioting, massive looting, or home assault with multiple persons involved. The police INCREASINGLY refuse to protect property in rioting and looting. And home assault and angry mobs outside your doors are on the increase. AND of course to protect against tyrannical governments. The types that think a "Disinformation Board" is a GREAT idea or call parents terrorists for yelling at a school board meeting.

As for LOBBYING - which is where all the money flows -- Banning ONE representative of the people on gun rights and not the OPPONENTS of gun rights would be Unconstitutional.

The NRA IS people. PEOPLE fund them to tell the truth about crime/gun policy and make voices heard. Contributions from members are speech. Beats having 80Million LEGAL RESPONSIBLE gun owners marching armed on the Capitol mall -- doesn't it
Civilian rifles are not built to handle automatic fire. The barrels and other components cannot handle the heat auto-fire generates. Military-grade firearms with full-auto capabilities are about 3x the cost.

Average AR clone - $1500 -$2000

M4 - $4500 - $6000

M249 machine gun -$12,000 -$15,000

Would Rotherham be an example of "how far you progressed"?
Yes, the gang was caught and imprisoned. As were other such gangs in other cities before and since. Intersting fact, "The United States is one of the most active sex trafficking countries in the world, where exploitation of trafficking victims occurs in cities, suburban and rural areas. Labor trafficking occurs in the U.S., but at lower rates than most developing countries." Learn the Truth About Child Trafficking Myth Vs. Fact

Oh and a bit of history for you US History of Sexual Exploitation of Children (News) - Women At Risk, International

People in glass houses....

Well, if your members would stop their pathetic efforts to use us as an example of "gun control laws don't work" in an effort to frighten Americans into buying more guns,
Nothing gets Americans to buy more guns than leftist poltiicians telling Americans they want to ban guns, tax guns, tax ammunition, repeal the 2nd...

Belief and reality are however, different.
Not in my case. That's why no one can point out any errors in my posts.

In your dreams.
So how come no one can point out any errors in his posts?

Ah, you are talking about ultimate responsibility, while I am asking who actually initiates any violence that occurs during a burglary, two different subjects.
What does it matter who initiates the violence?

You really need to look beyond who fired the first shot and into the underlying causes that provoked them to do so.
That's why the US is never responsible for any act of violence we commit against other countries. We are always provoked into doing it.

Well, if your members would stop their pathetic efforts to use us as an example of "gun control laws don't work" in an effort to frighten Americans into buying more guns, we wouldn't need to turn up and keep demolishing their assertions.
No one is trying to frighten anyone or get them to buy guns.

But it is pretty clear that the only thing that the UK achieved when they abolished freedom, is the loss of their freedom.

They certainly didn't save any lives.

Is the current rate of mass shootings and dead kids still within the "noise" for you? An "acceptable level"?
It depends. I wouldn't object to a measure to actually prevent such murders, should any such measure ever be proposed and it not be a civil liberties violation.

I'm certainly not going to let the left use those dead brats as an excuse to outlaw freedom here in the US the way they outlawed freedom in the UK and Australia though.

Tell me truthfully: do you rely on ANYTHING ELSE Mother Jones publishes for ANYTHING?
(I know you don't because they are extremely left and you don't strike me as someone who is extremely left. So it kinda sounds hypocritical of you to CHERRY PICK THE ONLY THING YOU LIKE from them to defend your point. Everyone knowns they take a much more conservative value than others do. Which is why everyone else sees the number of mass shootings we have as a "problem" where you just see it as "OK".
That isn't even remotely hypocritical.

Focusing on accurate data is hardly cherry picking.

^^^^Just earlier I was marveling at how gun advocates LOVE to talk gun specs.....even in the middle of a discussion about the horrors of children being murdered by guns.
That "talk about gun specs" was actually an on-topic valid point.

I understand it, you are mortified by 20 dead kids, some of which were so ground up by the shots that they had to be identified by DNA because they couldn't visually identified by their parents. Good for you.
But in hiding from that you run directly to your "safe topic"....GUN SPECIFICATIONS.
Making on-topic valid points is not hiding from anything.

Do you see the problem there?
Progressives are the problem. If we get rid of progressives, we will no longer have to worry about our civil liberties being violated for no reason.

Right? I mean if you constantly remind the folks who aren't supportive of guns that there's little difference, functionally between a semi-auto hunting rifle and an AR-15 they might start saying that guns are bad. And then they'd read the science articles that show more guns correlates with more deaths and next thing you know they're banning ALL guns!
Fake news. Science shows that there is little correlation between gun availability and homicide rates.

Just the ones that make it easy for someone to kill a lot of people quickly.
So, none of them?

Umm, sorry I didn't know it was time to bring that up. Yes I'm against him too. But then he was pretty upset by the government trying to take guns from a nutjob religious sect.
No, but he was mad because people he agreed with were being told to give up their guns so he decided that he'd take revenge with a bomb.
He was right to be upset. The ATF should have been disbanded and prosecuted. If they had been, he might never have felt compelled to carry out his bombing attack.

You act as if mental healthcare is really easy to get and free here in America. Maybe you guys who like guns so much would be willing to pay a special surcharge on your guns and ammo purchases that would help fund improved mental healthcare?
No. But I'd be willing to impose a tax on progressives to pay for it.

Oh wait, most of you guys don't like that idea because most of you don't give a flying fuck about the mentally ill, they are just handy ways to distract the conversation away from the really efficient tools the mentally ill have access to to make their wildest horrors come true.
The reason why we don't like the idea is because we dislike having our rights violated.

If I had a hobby that had countless numbers of cases where people killed others with that hobby I would seriously consider giving up some of my "rights" with regards to that hobby.
You can give up your freedom for no reason if you like, but you can't give up anyone else's freedom.

But then I actually DO care about other people and not so much about guns.
If you cared about people it seems like you'd want to help them instead of making pointless attacks against freedom.

What kind of country do you WANT? Is it one where there's record-breaking levels of gun homicides unlike any other similarly situated country? Is that what you LIKE about the US? Is it an ATTRACTION? Or do you simply ignore it or work overtime to find confirmation biased sources so you don't have to think about it?
I simply ignore it. I mean, who cares what method murderers use to commit their crimes?

Focusing on accurate data is hardly confirmation bias.

Would you be willing to tell the families of Newtown, Stoneman Douglas and Uvalde that they are just something that "happens", oops, no problem?
For a second imagine yourself telling those parents that their kids' death was just "in the noise" for you and that they are acting irrationally to be upset about it.
(I know even YOU aren't that brave, lol)
I might have told them that if they were not trying to use their dead brats as a weapon to attack my freedom.

But since they are, I think I'd rather tell them that their dead brats are fake and never even existed. And then take a sledgehammer to their dead brats' gravestones.

Not that I believe that conspiracy theory. But I kind of like the idea of inflicting pain and distress on scumbags who are trying to violate my rights.

Well, if your members would stop their pathetic efforts to use us as an example of "gun control laws don't work" in an effort to frighten Americans into buying more guns, we wouldn't need to turn up and keep demolishing their assertions.

You don't have to do anything. And we don't care what you think.

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.

I assume that over the previous 33 pages the fact that "assault rifles," being by definition weapons capable of fully automatic fire, are already behind the Class III license restrictions, and are therefore almost never present in criminal use.

As for the NRA, I understand the issue, but I think barring any one organization from political contributions is a) not likely to get past court challenges, b) a questionable precedent at best, and c) easily bypassed. Also, the NRA doesn't seem to be the powerhouse it was several years ago. I think supporting campaign finance report and the overturning of Citizens United would be a much better strategy toward this goal.

Also, the NRA doesn't seem to be the powerhouse it was several years ago.
Wishful thinking on the part of the left. I think the NRA remains more than able to block the left's attempts to violate our civil liberties.

the overturning of Citizens United would be a much better strategy toward this goal.
Not likely to succeed, given the Constitution. Also, not likely to harm the NRA even if it did succeed, as money is not the source of the NRA's power. It is voters who give the NRA their power.

Forum List

Back