USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay boyz and girlz, here is today's math quiz. Actually I think we've done this one in the past but we have a number of new folks in the Coffee Shop and I didn't remember how to do it. First attempt, I get 34.

988266_655708581121171_809041730_n.jpg

Aaarrgghh! It's too hot! Too hot to wear hearing protection but the ambient noise level recommends hearing protection or keeping the windows up. I'm sweating like a pig.
Seems each geographic area has its own woes. Wildfires, earthquakes, and volcanoes here, but no hurricanes or tornadoes. No killer heat, snakes, or ticks and fleas are pretty rare, too. Ah, well, we should count the blessings we have.
Must be in the upper 50s....... :D
Today. But the past week, or so, we've gotten into the mid 70's! Oh, the horror!

Aaarrgghh! It's too hot! Too hot to wear hearing protection but the ambient noise level recommends hearing protection or keeping the windows up. I'm sweating like a pig.
Seems each geographic area has its own woes. Wildfires, earthquakes, and volcanoes here, but no hurricanes or tornadoes. No killer heat, snakes, or ticks and fleas are pretty rare, too. Ah, well, we should count the blessings we have.
Must be in the upper 50s....... :D
Today. But the past week, or so, we've gotten into the mid 70's! Oh, the horror!
We have a cold front moving in, supposed to get down to the low 90s....... :eusa_whistle:

There are some corny movies I like and some I love. Probably one of the best B movies out was Starship Troopers. :thup:

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch it. It comes up on our cable system fairly frequently but I've always bypassed it on the theory it would be more slapstick than my tastes can appreciate.

But I love Pirates of the Caribbean because of the brilliant casting and because the spoof plot is so brilliantly conceived and magnificently executed. So if Starship Troopers is comparable then I would like it.

Ack, no! Starship Troopers was mostly horrible. It's particularly bad if you've read the book, but even without that, it takes itself too seriously for the degree of cheeziness involved. Pirates of the Caribbean was much more lighthearted. :)

Okay, I just read up on Starship Troopers. I was surprised at the awards it was nominated for and that is is rated in the top ten in its genre. But after looking over the plot, not at all what I had in my head that it would be, I think Chris is right. I probably would not like it.

I never understood the popularity of the movie.

It was made by the same guy that did the original Robocop and used some of the same sort of techniques, with television-style ads interspersed here and there to give a bit of depth to the setting. Robocop was a much better movie, though.

Okay everybody, when you have five minutes or so to burn today, here is your assignment:
Which U.S. State Should You Live In - Quiz - Quizony.com

It put me in Texas which is okay since I was born there, and have lived a good chunk of my life there or near there. I would guess it most defines my personal culture.

I got New York, which is where I was born and lived for my first 13 years. Of course, many of those questions had no good answers for me. :p

I hate the way the CS sometimes drops off of my alerts. I usually don't notice until I have at least a few pages to catch up on. :mad:
I've notice that at least a third of my alerts don't show up even when I'm on the forum. :dunno:
I'll get allerts from someone quoting person A who quoted person B who quoted person C who quoted person D wh quoted person E who quoted me, but a new post in the CS? Fogedabodit.

I hate the way the CS sometimes drops off of my alerts. I usually don't notice until I have at least a few pages to catch up on. :mad:
I've notice that at least a third of my alerts don't show up even when I'm on the forum. :dunno:
I'll get allerts from someone quoting person A who quoted person B who quoted person C who quoted person D wh quoted person E who quoted me, but a new post in the CS? Fogedabodit.
Yeah, I get that also but I also notice someone responds to me (funny, agree, thanks, typed, etc), I'll go to the response and see where upwards of 5 people have "responded" but didn't show up in my alerts. Happens all over the board.

Happy Friday! I hope the day found everyone well! This has been a wonderful day for us. One that I will never forget. All the best.

Hello all, hope all is well. Heard the news about the SCOTUS passing gay marriage, we are thrilled for you all in Aussie land!

Just relaxing and enjoying my weekend. I had the Friday off so I slept in until midday, I felt so lazy but I did need the sleep. :)

Hello all, hope all is well. Heard the news about the SCOTUS passing gay marriage, we are thrilled for you all in Aussie land!

Just relaxing and enjoying my weekend. I had the Friday off so I slept in until midday, I felt so lazy but I did need the sleep. :)

Hey Noomi, always so happy to see you check in though we'll have to discuss the SCOTUS ruling elsewhere as that is a bit too political for the Coffee Shop. And sleep is good. Your posts sound in good spirits lately as much as can be determined from a message board post, but seriously hope everything is looking up for you.

Happy Friday! I hope the day found everyone well! This has been a wonderful day for us. One that I will never forget. All the best.

Well I'm really happy you had a good day mdk. Good days are surely better than ones that suck. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
ChrisL's interview,
Mrs. Ernie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

It is so rare that the northern lights are visible in New Mexico, many people here have never seen them. But we have our own evening light shows that can be pretty spectacular.

bba16b336d0660a60f2c784a18610cab.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back