USMB Coffee Shop IV

IMG_0550.JPG

Gosh it is 75, cloudy, humid, tolerable breeze but I am so happy I turned the air on. I literally felt the dampness in the air to the point I was feeling tired and lazy.

I got a lot done now that the air is better. Funny how weather can really affect how you feel.

:). Better now!

Wow. Got home a few minutes ago after the little one's soccer practice today. After practice we went out to eat. After we finished eating and started to head home, it was me and the little one in the back seat, my employer in the passenger seat and her boyfriend driving. We were on a 6 lane section of the highway with a grass median in between, with us in the left lane. On the other side, as we were getting close to a light with some turn lanes, we see a guy on a motorcycle wipe out. It was dark, but beyond the sparks flying from the motorcycle sliding along the road, I saw this guy not just slide but tumble his way down the road into the median. We didn't skid as we stopped, but we did have to swerve a bit into the turn lane because of how quickly we put on the brakes and turned into the median. My employer, who is a nurse and was an ER nurse for a number of years, jumped out and ran to go check on the guy, as did her boyfriend. I stayed in the car with the little one and tried to let her know what was going on.

The little one started to cry. She was scared and wanted her mommy. I told her mommy was fine, she was safe, but she needed to go help someone who had an accident. The little one, of course, would not be consoled. Nothing to do but continue to try to calm her and let her know all of us are fine and safe, that only the motorcycle driver is in trouble, and that mommy needs to help because she knows what to do when someone gets hurt. After just a few minutes, my employer and her boyfriend come back to the car and get back in. Apparently the motorcycle driver was pretty much fine, he got back up and tried to get back on his bike (which was pretty well totaled). I find that shocking. I saw his limbs flying about as he tumbled through the air when he crashed. I was certain he at least would have broken bones, if not that he ended up as a pile of pulpous matter splattered across the pavement. We wondered whether he might have been drinking, which tends to leave people a bit less hurt in accidents, or if perhaps he was hurt but wanted to avoid any police intercession. Whatever the case, as his bike was trashed and multiple police cars and an ambulance passed by toward that site as we drove home, it would seem he ended up encountering the police.

That was one extremely lucky motorcyclist.

Wow. Got home a few minutes ago after the little one's soccer practice today. After practice we went out to eat. After we finished eating and started to head home, it was me and the little one in the back seat, my employer in the passenger seat and her boyfriend driving. We were on a 6 lane section of the highway with a grass median in between, with us in the left lane. On the other side, as we were getting close to a light with some turn lanes, we see a guy on a motorcycle wipe out. It was dark, but beyond the sparks flying from the motorcycle sliding along the road, I saw this guy not just slide but tumble his way down the road into the median. We didn't skid as we stopped, but we did have to swerve a bit into the turn lane because of how quickly we put on the brakes and turned into the median. My employer, who is a nurse and was an ER nurse for a number of years, jumped out and ran to go check on the guy, as did her boyfriend. I stayed in the car with the little one and tried to let her know what was going on.

The little one started to cry. She was scared and wanted her mommy. I told her mommy was fine, she was safe, but she needed to go help someone who had an accident. The little one, of course, would not be consoled. Nothing to do but continue to try to calm her and let her know all of us are fine and safe, that only the motorcycle driver is in trouble, and that mommy needs to help because she knows what to do when someone gets hurt. After just a few minutes, my employer and her boyfriend come back to the car and get back in. Apparently the motorcycle driver was pretty much fine, he got back up and tried to get back on his bike (which was pretty well totaled). I find that shocking. I saw his limbs flying about as he tumbled through the air when he crashed. I was certain he at least would have broken bones, if not that he ended up as a pile of pulpous matter splattered across the pavement. We wondered whether he might have been drinking, which tends to leave people a bit less hurt in accidents, or if perhaps he was hurt but wanted to avoid any police intercession. Whatever the case, as his bike was trashed and multiple police cars and an ambulance passed by toward that site as we drove home, it would seem he ended up encountering the police.

Once upon a time, long ago, I worked on a pit crew for a Kawasaki racing team. Surprisingly, a wipe out usually left the rider with bruises, abrasions, and maybe a broken bone. It was when following riders hit him/her as they got up to get away that killed them. So, impact trauma is the killer, not wipe-out trauma so much. Same with road accidents, it's when a following automobile hits the biker that kills them.
Glad to know that the little one had someone to console her while momma rendered assistance. Good job!

Taking a wee break in the rain..yes...rain again...to take karma out to pee and poop.

Just started season 3 of West Wing. Love it. Never saw it before..figured now is the time while I wait for this neverending rain to GO AWAY.

Sure wish you could route some this way. Our friend Dana waiting for a new heart in Salt Lake City says they have had rain, rain, rain too. And here we are dry as a bone and needing it.

Back when I worked for very small town hospitals, I wasn't a nurse or medically trained at all, but I was sometimes drafted to help in E.R. when they were short handed. And some of the motorcycle riders they brought in were not at all pretty much okay. Maybe the leathers and helmets they wear nowadays helps a lot, but back then it was horrible.

Thinking of boedicca tonight and wondering how her dad and brother are.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca's dad and brother,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we miss and hope to return.

The sea turtles are beginning to return to western Caribbean beaches to lay their eggs.
91865b6cd1910dffc14c43ff101fb0c6.jpg

Back when I worked for very small town hospitals, I wasn't a nurse or medically trained at all, but I was sometimes drafted to help in E.R. when they were short handed. And some of the motorcycle riders they brought in were not at all pretty much okay. Maybe the leathers and helmets they wear nowadays helps a lot, but back then it was horrible.

I used to watch this show about real emergency rooms on a typical night. There was one guy who got in a motorcycle accident, was thrown from the motorcycle and his body hit a big metal sign on the side of the road. It amputated both of his legs and one of his arms. His other arm was like . . . unrecognizable as an arm. He was still alive and conscious when they brought him. I don't know if he ended up living or not, but that was one of the harshest things I've ever seen! Motorcycle accidents are not pretty.

I used to watch this show about real emergency rooms on a typical night. There was one guy who got in a motorcycle accident, was thrown from the motorcycle and his body hit a big metal sign on the side of the road. It amputated both of his legs and one of his arms. His other arm was like . . . unrecognizable as an arm. He was still alive and conscious when they brought him. I don't know if he ended up living or not, but that was one of the harshest things I've ever seen! Motorcycle accidents are not pretty.

My brother in law in New Jersey is a Doctor in ER and the things he sees are never pretty!

Don't know how anyone in these type of jobs deals with it daily! :(

Forum List

Back