USMB Coffee Shop IV

OKay computer geeks. Yesterday I set up Hombre's new HP computer that everything seems to be working exactly as it should. Using his old--I mean somewhere between 5 and 10 years old--AOC monitor. Display looks great. . .but. . .when the computer wakes up from sleep the entire display on the monitor screen and the monitor have shifted two or more inches to the right. Any icons too close to the right edge disappear. . .the buttons on the taskbar on the right end disappear.

Is this a computer problem? Or a monitor problem?

I'm the farthest thing from a computer geek, but it sounds like a settings issue.

I don't think so. I've tried every different applicable setting possible, updated divers etc etc and checked for answers on the internet, but lots of people have the problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. So I need to know if replacing the monitor would solve the problem.
OKay computer geeks. Yesterday I set up Hombre's new HP computer that everything seems to be working exactly as it should. Using his old--I mean somewhere between 5 and 10 years old--AOC monitor. Display looks great. . .but. . .when the computer wakes up from sleep the entire display on the monitor screen and the monitor have shifted two or more inches to the right. Any icons too close to the right edge disappear. . .the buttons on the taskbar on the right end disappear.

I'm the farthest thing from a computer geek, but it sounds like a settings issue.

I don't think so. I've tried every different applicable setting possible, updated divers etc etc and checked for answers on the internet, but lots of people have the problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. So I need to know if replacing the monitor would solve the problem.

Hopefully Ringel will appear soon...he's good at that stuff. :)
For Foxfyre - Basically Windows 10 does everything automatically for the user, not always the best thing to do. Looks like you're not alone, it's a common problem, an unresolved Microsoft bug in the code. It appears to be controlled by the Display Port which instead of sizing to the screen size it sizes to a smaller default. Right now the only thing I've found is to turn off sleep mode.
Also, even if it's new that doesn't mean it has all the updates, check for updates and if there is one it MAY fix the problem. Some say it does, some say the latest update is what caused the problem.

The wife continues to improve but spends most of her time sleeping, as to be expected. I'm tired due to the fact it's allergy season still I can't let it slow me down too much. Ran to Wally World this afternoon, 83 degrees outside and I was a little warm. Right now i have the house wide open and all the fans on.

For Foxfyre - Basically Windows 10 does everything automatically for the user, not always the best thing to do. Looks like you're not alone, it's a common problem, an unresolved Microsoft bug in the code. It appears to be controlled by the Display Port which instead of sizing to the screen size it sizes to a smaller default. Right now the only thing I've found is to turn off sleep mode.
Also, even if it's new that doesn't mean it has all the updates, check for updates and if there is one it MAY fix the problem. Some say it does, some say the latest update is what caused the problem.

Yeah, nobody seems to have an answer that I've found so far or at least no two 'experts' seem to agree. Which tells me they likely don't know. :) Anyhow I put a screen saver on his monitor and am putting the monitor to sleep after 30 minutes or so, but not the computer. That seems to take care of the problem.

Yeah, nobody seems to have an answer that I've found so far or at least no two 'experts' seem to agree. Which tells me they likely don't know. :) Anyhow I put a screen saver on his monitor and am putting the monitor to sleep after 30 minutes or so, but not the computer. That seems to take care of the problem.

Monitor insomnia? Who'd have guessed?

Yup as I figured, it's a Microsoft problem though from what I've read Microsoft is blaming 3rd party graphics cards....., even though it's happening to Microsoft approved hardware systems...... Typical Microsoft approach, make changes, tell only Microsoft partners of the change then blame everyone else for not keeping up with the changes then finally get around to fixing it while still blaming everyone else........

The wife continues to improve but spends most of her time sleeping, as to be expected. I'm tired due to the fact it's allergy season still I can't let it slow me down too much. Ran to Wally World this afternoon, 83 degrees outside and I was a little warm. Right now i have the house wide open and all the fans on.

Do you have word whether she will need additional treatment?

Yup as I figured, it's a Microsoft problem though from what I've read Microsoft is blaming 3rd party graphics cards....., even though it's happening to Microsoft approved hardware systems...... Typical Microsoft approach, make changes, tell only Microsoft partners of the change then blame everyone else for not keeping up with the changes then finally get around to fixing it while still blaming everyone else........

So changing the monitor won't fix it?

For the pneumonia? No, not at this time. I just have to be much more careful, if I start feeling "off" a little bit then it's bleach clean everything I touch and mask time, don't want her to have to go through that again.
Right now we're set for chemo on Thursday.

So changing the monitor won't fix it?
It might, it might not. Heck my 24" ASUS monitor is ten+ years old and still going strong but then again the computer it's attached to is running Windows 7.

For the pneumonia? No, not at this time. I just have to be much more careful, if I start feeling "off" a little bit then it's bleach clean everything I touch and mask time, don't want her to have to go through that again.

Well bless both your hearts. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

D3l4Ff4WwAETjWE.jpg

One of the more aggravating aspects of chemo is what they call chemo brain, the loss of some short term memory. The wife and I have conversations about different things then a couple of weeks later she brings one of the subjects back up having no recollection of the previous conversation.

One of the more aggravating aspects of chemo is what they call chemo brain, the loss of some short term memory. The wife and I have conversations about different things then a couple of weeks later she brings one of the subjects back up having no recollection of the previous conversation.

I know that to be true.

Last year the combined families put together a birthday party for Hombre and his twin sister in Arkansas. When we arrived we found out she was in the hospital due to extreme side effects of the chemo, but her doctor said she could be discharged and we checked her out. She had house guests--our niece (her daughter and son-in-law) moved into their 5th wheel at the lake, and turned over her house to our immediate family. Sister attended a cookout at the lake that night, thoroughly enjoyed the birthday party bash which was a family reunion of sorts the next day, posed for numerous photos, greeting everybody there, had a great time.

It took a lot out of her though apparently and she was re-admitted to the hospital after we left the next day. Two weeks later when she was finally discharged, she had absolutely no recollection of that reunion/birthday party. Her kids showed her the photos, told her about it, but it was completely blanked out of her mind. And she remembers none of it to this day.

Pretty scary.

I know that to be true.

Last year the combined families put together a birthday party for Hombre and his twin sister in Arkansas. When we arrived we found out she was in the hospital due to extreme side effects of the chemo, but her doctor said she could be discharged and we checked her out. She had house guests--our niece (her daughter and son-in-law) moved into their 5th wheel at the lake, and turned over her house to our immediate family. Sister attended a cookout at the lake that night, thoroughly enjoyed the birthday party bash which was a family reunion of sorts the next day, posed for numerous photos, greeting everybody there, had a great time.

It took a lot out of her though apparently and she was re-admitted to the hospital after we left the next day. Two weeks later when she was finally discharged, she had absolutely no recollection of that reunion/birthday party. Her kids showed her the photos, told her about it, but it was completely blanked out of her mind. And she remembers none of it to this day.

Pretty scary.
Here's one of my favorite pictures of her when we were reenacting (1990s?). She made the dress she's wearing and is wearing 1860s eyeglasses plus her long hair is piled into a black snood which blends into the backdrop.
This was the only Civil War Christmas Ball we ever went to.

I8UcGA4--zIWJkG7nDUAkqkh5WyUEYwF4EiWzKA0ccBP4M_3R6EnWgwIbY5PVgg1qorHGC3c8PMZ4WQXc2YdMOsIeLwhxN1M7jXcQGptmGCUZWEfKENuCvwO1MK4LRgx-euLtCUC9XIfMvOivdNbND3Tm1ah8HoqzBVAWZ9D_zsBn1EpGFPi6k3fhXmz_bOcsJhMZ6RneqBhaev4_o5uEQnd_eLIC3JaKWiKd0By5YIJLvTOZvRQXUfb2MKx4dfTne1dD7OnLwr429ByOSxYkJsr2MfqfUQbGjt_8oEggiEqsh8M5v3a3yqdKpU3ootSmkyGOBpAG5uP-GqQVXGPZR2Ey5WinWy4PkRax84HhgUIDHjsymTElFk1GhNWbivkTR6xG3cs9SXyY27KUV36RhFF3bFBnX0HLv4hEXpt_DWm9pFCBF9rNn2SOigQ-_U1YV5xjbQ7fDiODYlQ8dSEJEsFPy4rwUpjU5dm4qLZ5Sk72lOG0gNFy8E4gn3wsgCcR7J_pfQ4zRbX3w1fvNY67Ah1j3fTFktLxSCe73cJsJEtnEkbrROG_Oow_G840lbBeqE5bZ3fOe9zdfW3lQgj-hZtlR81SGOyNEzR1640GFZKhNmzphIgsHZzpppuz8DZL5HNdWkZqA6V63XU0sLs2OzQGq0J700=w386-h913-no

Forum List

Back