USMB Coffee Shop IV

D3MWB4-V4AAUYl0.jpg

The Postal job site has listings again, so I applied for a couple of positions near enough that I would be able to commute to them. This time I was given a new assessment to take. I got a much higher score than I did on the previous, more common postal exam, so I'm hoping that might lead to an interview. I'm crossing my fingers, anyway. My friends have said that I can stay with them until I am ready to get my own place (or the little one's father gets his crap together and we can go with the plan of the two of us finding a place, whichever comes first), but the sooner I can get a job I'd like to keep, the happier I'll be. I think living with them will be pretty trouble-free, but I'll be uncomfortable until I leave or at least start paying them. It's a bit odd considering I've been living with someone who pays my bills for the past decade, but the situations are different.

I just hope that whatever job I end up with, it affords me time to spend with the little one when I can. Since I'll be an hour drive away for at least the immediate future, it's going to be hard to find that time.

Not sure if this is a universal norm with the post office, but it seems here either you are working over 40 hours a week with no breaks or only 25 hours. This is more specific to clerks (PSE).

The Postal job site has listings again, so I applied for a couple of positions near enough that I would be able to commute to them. This time I was given a new assessment to take. I got a much higher score than I did on the previous, more common postal exam, so I'm hoping that might lead to an interview. I'm crossing my fingers, anyway. My friends have said that I can stay with them until I am ready to get my own place (or the little one's father gets his crap together and we can go with the plan of the two of us finding a place, whichever comes first), but the sooner I can get a job I'd like to keep, the happier I'll be. I think living with them will be pretty trouble-free, but I'll be uncomfortable until I leave or at least start paying them. It's a bit odd considering I've been living with someone who pays my bills for the past decade, but the situations are different.

I just hope that whatever job I end up with, it affords me time to spend with the little one when I can. Since I'll be an hour drive away for at least the immediate future, it's going to be hard to find that time.

Not sure if this is a universal norm with the post office, but it seems here either you are working over 40 hours a week with no breaks or only 25 hours. This is more specific to clerks (PSE).

I've taken a couple of assessments for PSE jobs (I don't want to be a carrier, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with that sort of driving, and I don't have enough time driving anyway :lol:), and if the scoring is the same as the main exam, I did pretty well on them.

I don't want to work only 25 hours a week, but I'd certainly take more than 40. When I worked for the USPS through a staffing company about 13 years ago, we did quite a few 56 hour weeks. I don't have much in the way of a social life, so while it's not fun working that much, I didn't mind too much. If I mixed in enough 40+ weeks to make it average out to at least about 40 a week for the year, I'd be cool with that. I'll just have to make sure to save my pennies for the less busy times. :)

To our faithful and loyal Coffee Shoppers past and present, I have come to know and have genuine affection for so many of you. But it is my sad duty to inform you that as of midnight tonight, the Coffee Shop will have to close, be deleted, and will be no more.

APRIL FOOL!!!!

56161698_1828296900658464_1457423849690759168_n.jpg

Okay.....I'll admit it.....you really had me going. :D

ooh-thats-a-5bfb77.jpg

:) Good to see you WQ. It's folks like you and our other Coffee Shoppers that have kept it going for almost nine years now :)

You are a good lady Foxy. Sherry and I are slammed in our lives right now but I would be truly sad if their was no Coffee Shop. The credit is yours for keeping it going. Not sure if that appreciation gets expressed enough.

I agree with WQ. The CS has been a wonderful refuge over the years. Life is super busy right now. Our biggest source of joy is our precious 7 month old granddaughter. It's too bad creepy people lurk on the internet or I'd be posting pics of her. It's been 8 months since my mom passed and I miss her more than ever. We are also dealing with elderly parents who have issues that come with age. We recently took our fourth annual honeymoon for a much needed break. We had such an awesome time with great daytime excursions and amazing food and drinks in the evening. We are so looking forward to being in a position within 5 years to take early retirement and do more traveling.:beer:

Four years already? Wow. It doesn't seem that long since the wedding. But so happy that the two of you are so happy. :)

And thanks, but I don't take credit for keeping the Coffee Shop going. If it wasn't for the truly amazing, eclectic, interesting, caring people that take a bit of their day or week or month to post here, it wouldn't have become the remarkable entity that it became and is. I do feel a certain responsibility for having giving birth to it, and I do sort of informally moderate and take action if anybody tries to mess with it--thanks to all the Coffee Shoppers and great moderators who understand the Coffee Shop and have helped with that--but all of you get the credit for what it is.

It's been 3 years, not 4. We married in Spring of 2016 and had our original honeymoon. Every year we celebrate our anniversary by going on another honeymoon, which makes for a total of 4 honeymoons. WQ spoils me.:twirl:

Okay.....I'll admit it.....you really had me going. :D

ooh-thats-a-5bfb77.jpg

:) Good to see you WQ. It's folks like you and our other Coffee Shoppers that have kept it going for almost nine years now :)

You are a good lady Foxy. Sherry and I are slammed in our lives right now but I would be truly sad if their was no Coffee Shop. The credit is yours for keeping it going. Not sure if that appreciation gets expressed enough.

I agree with WQ. The CS has been a wonderful refuge over the years. Life is super busy right now. Our biggest source of joy is our precious 7 month old granddaughter. It's too bad creepy people lurk on the internet or I'd be posting pics of her. It's been 8 months since my mom passed and I miss her more than ever. We are also dealing with elderly parents who have issues that come with age. We recently took our fourth annual honeymoon for a much needed break. We had such an awesome time with great daytime excursions and amazing food and drinks in the evening. We are so looking forward to being in a position within 5 years to take early retirement and do more traveling.:beer:

Four years already? Wow. It doesn't seem that long since the wedding. But so happy that the two of you are so happy. :)

And thanks, but I don't take credit for keeping the Coffee Shop going. If it wasn't for the truly amazing, eclectic, interesting, caring people that take a bit of their day or week or month to post here, it wouldn't have become the remarkable entity that it became and is. I do feel a certain responsibility for having giving birth to it, and I do sort of informally moderate and take action if anybody tries to mess with it--thanks to all the Coffee Shoppers and great moderators who understand the Coffee Shop and have helped with that--but all of you get the credit for what it is.

It's been 3 years, not 4. We married in Spring of 2016 and had our original honeymoon. Every year we celebrate our anniversary by going on another honeymoon, which makes for a total of 4 honeymoons. WQ spoils me.:twirl:

It doesn't feel like it has been three years either though. But hurrah for great guys who spoil us. :)

I've taken a couple of assessments for PSE jobs (I don't want to be a carrier, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with that sort of driving, and I don't have enough time driving anyway :lol:), and if the scoring is the same as the main exam, I did pretty well on them.

I don't want to work only 25 hours a week, but I'd certainly take more than 40. When I worked for the USPS through a staffing company about 13 years ago, we did quite a few 56 hour weeks. I don't have much in the way of a social life, so while it's not fun working that much, I didn't mind too much. If I mixed in enough 40+ weeks to make it average out to at least about 40 a week for the year, I'd be cool with that. I'll just have to make sure to save my pennies for the less busy times. :)

Stay away from a small office then (level 18 or lower), they have 25 hour work weeks many times.

OKay computer geeks. Yesterday I set up Hombre's new HP computer that everything seems to be working exactly as it should. Using his old--I mean somewhere between 5 and 10 years old--AOC monitor. Display looks great. . .but. . .when the computer wakes up from sleep the entire display on the monitor screen and the monitor have shifted two or more inches to the right. Any icons too close to the right edge disappear. . .the buttons on the taskbar on the right end disappear.

Is this a computer problem? Or a monitor problem?

OKay computer geeks. Yesterday I set up Hombre's new HP computer that everything seems to be working exactly as it should. Using his old--I mean somewhere between 5 and 10 years old--AOC monitor. Display looks great. . .but. . .when the computer wakes up from sleep the entire display on the monitor screen and the monitor have shifted two or more inches to the right. Any icons too close to the right edge disappear. . .the buttons on the taskbar on the right end disappear.

I'm the farthest thing from a computer geek, but it sounds like a settings issue.

I'm the farthest thing from a computer geek, but it sounds like a settings issue.

I don't think so. I've tried every different applicable setting possible, updated divers etc etc and checked for answers on the internet, but lots of people have the problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. So I need to know if replacing the monitor would solve the problem.

I don't think so. I've tried every different applicable setting possible, updated divers etc etc and checked for answers on the internet, but lots of people have the problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. So I need to know if replacing the monitor would solve the problem.

Hopefully Ringel will appear soon...he's good at that stuff. :)

For now, don't let it sleep. I never put mine to sleep.

Foxfyre It may be a corrupted Profile. Try making a new Profile and see if the same happens.

Foxfyre It may be a corrupted Profile. Try making a new Profile and see if the same happens.

I don't think it is a profile problem. It is too common a problem and most seem to think it is a driver related to the monitor. If it is, replacing the monitor may fix the problem?

Doesn't putting the computer to sleep save a lot of power? Or do you shut your computer down at night?

I don't think it is a profile problem. It is too common a problem and most seem to think it is a driver related to the monitor. If it is, replacing the monitor may fix the problem?

Doesn't putting the computer to sleep save a lot of power? Or do you shut your computer down at night?

I shut down.

May not be a Profile problem, but that is one thing I got from Windows in a search.
My guess is that as old as the monitor is, you/he could use a new one. But, I don't know for fact that is the problem.

I shut down.

May not be a Profile problem, but that is one thing I got from Windows in a search.
My guess is that as old as the monitor is, you/he could use a new one. But, I don't know for fact that is the problem.

That's what I'll tell him to do. When it wakes up, I have to pull the taskbar up onto the display but the right end of it will be off the display. But rebooting then fixes it. Weird. He has no intuition at all on this stuff, and believe me, when I'm the computer geek in our household, we are in a lot of trouble. :)

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back