We are living through the latest example of democracy eventually failing.

Well you just argued morality and virtue are required for us to remain a free society but the only literal free societies are the ones in which anarchy rules.

I know that what they are is entirely subjective.
So, no objective morality, only "situation ethics"?

Well you just argued morality and virtue are required for us to remain a free society but the only literal free societies are the ones in which anarchy rules.
I believe in such as well, to the extent that if someone is hell-bent to kill themselves, as with drugs, they should be allowed to do so.

So, no objective morality, only "situation ethics"?
Situational ethics? Not exactly. Maybe radical individualism? You do you boo. I guess would be my philosophy. I don't pretend to know or care how you feel about any given situation or action. That's a you problem.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
What? What circular logic are you referring to? We were talking about natural rights and then you tried to pretend we were talking about biological life.
That you see the benefit biological life but not to the right yo have that life

That you see the benefit biological life but not to the right yo have that life
How is that circular logic? :dunno: :laugh:

One is a claim. Specifically that there is utility to biological life.

The other expresses doubt to your claim. Specifically that natural rights are thing that actually exist.

In order for my argument to be circular one would have to depend on the other and then that one would depend back on the first. These are two separate and distinct arguments. In fact yours appears to be circular. Natural rights are inherent in human biological life and so human biological life has natural rights. That's a circular argument. It's why I asked you to describe to me the utility of these rights. If you can demonstrate it affects something other than itself then you're a little bit closer to proving it actually exists.

Last edited:
  • Winner
How is that circular logic? :dunno: :laugh:

One is a claim. Specifically that there is utility to biological life.

The other expresses doubt to your claim. Specifically that natural rights are thing that actually exist.

In order for my argument to be circular one would have to depend on the other and then that one would depend back on the first. These are two separate and distinct arguments. In fact yours appears to be circular. Natural rights are inherent in human biological life and so human biological life has natural rights. That's a circular argument. It's why I asked you to describe to me the utility of these rights. If you can demonstrate it affects something other than itself then you're a little bit closer to proving it actually exists.
Sorry circular failed logic

There is no arguing with a guy that doesn’t see the value in life
I see the value in my life and that of my loved ones. I'm not sure yours has much value to me. :dunno: What does any of that have to do with your inability to describe to me the utility of natural rights? It doesn't make me magically value your life and self interest does the job just fine for my own so again, where is this utility? If you can't affect or interact with anything around you do you really exist? In what capacity?

• Thanks
I see the value in my life and that of my loved ones. I'm not sure yours has much value to me. :dunno: What does any of that have to do with your inability to describe to me the utility of natural rights? It doesn't make me magically value your life and self interest does the job just fine for my own so again, where is this utility? If you can't affect or interact with anything around you do you really exist? In what capacity?
That’s great, and you have a right to your life.

You don’t have to see the value in mine, but I have a right to life as well. Hence why you can’t violate that

That’s great, and you have a right to your life.
I still don't know what you imagine that means. I have life. I don't know what the right to life is because you can't seem to explain it.
You don’t have to see the value in mine, but I have a right to life as well. Hence why you can’t violate that
Says who? Who says I can't violate your life?

I still don't know what you imagine that means. I have life. I don't know what the right to life is because you can't seem to explain it.

Says who? Who says I can't violate your life?
I have explained it and you’ve acknowledged the right, but continue to play stupid because you refuse to admit your are wrong

You can attempt to violate it, but I can defend it.

I have explained it and you’ve acknowledged the right, but continue to play stupid because you refuse to admit your are wrong
I haven't acknowledged any natural right. I don't even know what you think it is. I think it's an emotional safety blanket, like belief in God. What right to life do you have outside legal rights? I don't respect anything about your life other than the legal rights you possess. Your claim to natural rights means nothing to me.
You can attempt to violate it, but I can defend it.
Because you have abilities afforded to you by your biology. This is an example of the utility of biology. I'm still looking for you to describe the utility of natural rights.

I haven't acknowledged any natural right. I don't even know what you think it is. I think it's an emotional safety blanket, like belief in God. What right to life do you have outside legal rights? I don't respect anything about your life other than the legal rights you possess. Your claim to natural rights means nothing to me.

Because you have abilities afforded to you by your biology. This is an example of the utility of biology. I'm still looking for you to describe the utility of natural rights.
Sorry you acknowledge the benefits of your right to life, just however you don’t have one. Gotcha

Yes benefits afford to us by biology, naturally

Forum List

Back