🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We Need Knife Control.

No.

I'm talking about a plan to reduce gun violence through proven and tested means. Look at cigarettes. Usage has dropped consistently as prices have risen due to taxes and programs.

If having guns makes a society safer, we should have almost no violence at all since we have the most liberal gun laws of any country. Right? Instead...we have the highest of any advanced nation ever. Care to explain?

In switzerland every home is required to have a gun and they have a tiny crime rate. Our crime rate has nothing to do with gun ownership. our crime rate comes from several things, 1. cultural decline 2. liberals letting criminals walk 3. generational welfare 4. laws not being enforced 5. Drugs 6. high unemployment 7. no dicipline allowed in schools.

In short, our crime rate is the direct result of years of liberal policies.

And with an exception of 4 years tween 76-80, the GOP controlled the white house....perhaps there is blame on both sides. Hows 1-7 apply to Adam Lanza?

As for the Swiss, what gun model are they required to have?

The same as their military uses.

images

Army issued, full auto rock and roll baby!!

You hope :eusa_whistle: You have a pie in the sky view of this....but, we are talking about the here and now, right?
"Saturday Night Specials"
No.
I'm talking about a plan to reduce gun violence through proven and tested means.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of the right to own property.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of right of the media to report the news.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of right to go to church.
:lol:

Taxes to limit the supply of things that kill..no problem there. Its what weve done with cigs and we are saving lives.

No reason we can not do that with guns.

No.

I'm talking about a plan to reduce gun violence through proven and tested means. Look at cigarettes. Usage has dropped consistently as prices have risen due to taxes and programs.

If having guns makes a society safer, we should have almost no violence at all since we have the most liberal gun laws of any country. Right? Instead...we have the highest of any advanced nation ever. Care to explain?

Your premise is flawed. You're implementing a law against the very people you don't have to worry about. That law would mean nothing to the criminals, just as the laws don't mean anything to them now.
The areas where they have a "right to carry", the crime is down.
The areas where guns are illegal, the crimes are up (Chicago)
People who want to break the laws can find a gun easily.

Nobody worried about Ryan's mom either.

As for finding a gun easily...youve endorsed my plan. Dry up the supply and criminals will have a harder time
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of a right is perfectly constitutional?

Tell us what you'd think of the constitutionality of:
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of the right of a woman to have an abortion.
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of the right to own property.
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of right of the media to report the news.
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of right to go to church.

But the issue IS what is used in these attacks. There will always be mental illness. While we do need to treat the people, you can't live under the assumption that mental illness can be eradicated. What we can do, which has been done in countless other countries, is prevent the mentally ill from being able to so easily obtain weapons that are highly efficient at killing. People will continue to do bad things, but the damage that they do can be controlled by limiting what types of devices and weapons they have at their disposal. Denying this is exposing your ignorance and selfishness.

Speaking of ignorance :lol:
What is to stop them from just stealing a weapon? How many times have I brought that up and you just ignore that little bit of info?
It seems you shoe size has a larger number than your IQ.

Are there no criminals/mentally ill in Japan?
Are there no criminals/mentally ill in Canada?
Are there no criminals/mentally ill in Australia?

Of course there are, but somehow they can't get their hands on guns with the ease that our mentally ill can get them here. Why is that?

I'll wait for your insightful response of ...."I don't care what other communist countries are doing, I live in 'Murica!"

There are no murders using guns in Japan, Canada and Australia? No suicides using guns? Is that your position, or are you going to try to argue that only sane people did those things?

No.
I'm talking about a plan to reduce gun violence through proven and tested means.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of the right to own property.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of right of the media to report the news.
Tell us what you'd think of a tax designed to restrict the exercise of right to go to church.
Taxes to limit the supply of things that kill..no problem there. Its what weve done with cigs and we are saving lives.
Your avoidance of the issue put to you is epic.
Do try again.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of guns in circulation

In some 2001 statistics, it is noted that there are about 420,000 assault rifles (fully automatic, or "selective fire") stored at private homes, mostly SIG SG 550 models. Additionally, there are some 320,000 semi-auto rifles and military pistols exempted from military service in private possession, all selective-fire weapons having been converted to semi-automatic operation only. In addition, there are several hundred thousand other semi-automatic small arms classified as carbines. The total number of firearms in private homes is estimated minimally at 1.2 million to 3 million

Hopefully one day, most Americans will realize that it's all about control. Big Brother grows bigger and more intrusive by the day. But it seems like that's what most Americans want these days. So the march towards Police State Totalitarianism continues on unabated. It's very sad.

Last edited:
In switzerland every home is required to have a gun and they have a tiny crime rate. Our crime rate has nothing to do with gun ownership. our crime rate comes from several things, 1. cultural decline 2. liberals letting criminals walk 3. generational welfare 4. laws not being enforced 5. Drugs 6. high unemployment 7. no dicipline allowed in schools.

In short, our crime rate is the direct result of years of liberal policies.

And with an exception of 4 years tween 76-80, the GOP controlled the white house....perhaps there is blame on both sides. Hows 1-7 apply to Adam Lanza?

images

Really...so an 18 y/o girl in Geneva living alone is required to have one of those? Interesting.

Do try again.

not nearly as epic as your inability to comprehend. You are losing so you deflect..I get it.

Hopefully one day, most Americans will realize that it's all about control. Big Brother grows bigger and more intrusive by the day. But it seems like that's what most Americans want these days. So the march towards the Totalitarian Police State continues on. It's very sad.

You ever see "Land Of The Dead" ? The part where the looters would shoot pretty fire works up in the sky, and all the zombies would stand around and stare at the pretty lights ?

You found an example from 50 years ago and somehow think this proves YOUR point? HAhahahahah. It only reinforces what I have been saying all along. There will always be crazy people and criminals everywhere. But the acts that they commit can be much deadlier in a country that allows easy access to firearms as we do. We have mass killings seemingly every other week in this country, like no other 1st world country has.

The fact that your "go to argument" was a massacre from 50 years ago only reinforces my point. Thanks rube.

What gun laws do you want? Be specific and I'm sure it would be in the context withthe second amendment.
You still haven't addressed the fact that the last two mass murder stole their weapons and no matter what laws were in place for the mentally ill it wouldn't have stopped what they did.

What you do is tax the sale and force the cost upward...eventually the supply dries up and there are fewer guns in circulation. Perfectly constitutional.

Sounds like the perfect solution for a racist. Just because most of the people who can actually buy guns are rich and white does not mean you don't support the rights of blacks, it just means they are poor.

By the way, there are guns in existence from the 18th century that still work perfectly. Guns are not that hard to take care of, they can last for centuries. Thanks for once again proving you are totally incompetent about guns.

images

Really...so an 18 y/o girl in Geneva living alone is required to have one of those? Interesting.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of guns in circulation

In some 2001 statistics, it is noted that there are about 420,000 assault rifles (fully automatic, or "selective fire") stored at private homes, mostly SIG SG 550 models. Additionally, there are some 320,000 semi-auto rifles and military pistols exempted from military service in private possession, all selective-fire weapons having been converted to semi-automatic operation only. In addition, there are several hundred thousand other semi-automatic small arms classified as carbines. The total number of firearms in private homes is estimated minimally at 1.2 million to 3 million.

Yes.

Your premise is flawed. You're implementing a law against the very people you don't have to worry about. That law would mean nothing to the criminals, just as the laws don't mean anything to them now.
The areas where they have a "right to carry", the crime is down.
The areas where guns are illegal, the crimes are up (Chicago)
People who want to break the laws can find a gun easily.

As for finding a gun easily...youve endorsed my plan. Dry up the supply and criminals will have a harder time

A tax designed to restrict the exercise of the right of a woman to have an abortion.
A tax designed to restrict the exercise of right of the media to report the news.

I doubt you'll find many jurists who agree but it worked with cigs...feel free to file suit with your nutty premise.

Do try again.
not nearly as epic as your inability to comprehend. You are losing so you deflect..I get it.
The willfull failure to comprehend is yours:

Taxing the exercise of a right with the intent to restrict the exercise of same --always-- violates the constituion.

That is, so taxing the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms violates the constitution every bit as much as so taxing the exercise of the right to an abortion.

No way to soundly argue otherwise.

Last edited:
It will require decades...no doubt. But when sales plunge...manufacturing slows...thus fewer instruments of death are manufactured....fewer to sell after market...fewer to pawn...fewer that get stolen...fewer that get found unsecured by the Adam Lanzas of the world...it will take decades...

You hope :eusa_whistle: You have a pie in the sky view of this....but, we are talking about the here and now, right?

No.

Not true. When New York increased the taxes on cigarettes it did produce a massive drop in cigarette sales, but that is because people were buying their cigarettes from places they did not have to pay the tax.

I doubt you'll find many jurists who agree but it worked with cigs...feel free to file suit with your nutty premise.
I accept your concession of the point.
:clap2:

No.

So you WOULD be good with taxing the hell out of abortions. Hmmmm....

As for crazy people, feel free to figure out a way to tell me who will go off and kill people and we can then talk about. Not who might, but who will
And there in lies the rub.

Yup, and just who makes that call? You could have 3 shrinks listening to the same story and there would be 3 different conclusions.
There is a story in NY where a guy went to one for anxiety and he was told to turn his gun in by the state. True or not...not sure, but......

Do try again.
The willfull failure to comprehend is yours:

Taxing the exercise of a right with the intent to restrict the exercise of same --always-- violates the constituion.

That is, so taxing the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms violates the constitution every bit as much as so taxing the exercise of the right to an abortion.

No way to soundly argue otherwise.

We tax cigs...people have a "right" to smoke...go get em tiger.

No.

Not true. When New York increased the taxes on cigarettes it did produce a massive drop in cigarette sales, but that is because people were buying their cigarettes from places they did not have to pay the tax.

Make it a federal tax...easy. Call it the mayhem tax

Forum List

Back