We should stop having a national panic attack every time there's a shooting incident

If you consider this just more bureaucratic waste then you should probably welcome Schumer blocking it. In the end, though, the charge that Republicans aren't interested in doing anything is a shallow argument that doesn't negate the actual evidence to the contrary.
Bureaucratic waste is a good way of putting it. I think Republicans are trying to look like they're trying to address it but they don't actually want to do anything about it. Nothing effective at least.

Bureaucratic waste is a good way of putting it. I think Republicans are trying to look like they're trying to address it but they don't actually want to do anything about it. Nothing effective at least.
It would seem, then, that your point in wishing it was passed is not to find solutions, but rather to be able to point to the pointless endeavors of the Republicans.

The same way we do it today. We vote to get rid of the tyrants like we did when we kicked trump's ass out of office. Rifles will never be a match for our military, dumb ass.
Rifles would stall out the US military if they were attacking their own citizens. You can only get rid of insurgents by nuking them, but what would be the point of that for a Tyrant? He would destroy the very thing that he desperately wants to control.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
It would seem, then, that your point in wishing it was passed is not to find solutions, but rather to be able to point to the pointless endeavors of the Republicans.
I do hope we find a solution. I just don't think we're going to take a direct route to it. Currently, what I think is going to happen is absolutely nothing.

What's better than doing nothing? Stumbling over the wrong idea, proving that it doesn't work, and then moving on to the next (probably bad) idea. At least stumbling over ineffective "solutions" is better than doing nothing and will hopefully get us closer to fixing this issue.

Who knows how many more of these Sandy Hooks we need to get that figured out though.

This isn't ever going to end, so the best thing we can do is stop panicking about it.

And mass public shootings are the rarest of rare events....

Deer kill more people every single year.

Lawn mowers kill more people every single year.

Ladders kill more people every single year....

Are we panicking over those things?

What is there to be done about crazy people?
Not allowing them to purchase rifles at 18.

What do you want to do? Nothing?

So you want to do nothing about allowing 18-year-old psychopaths like Ramos getting access to AR-15s.

Not allowing them to purchase rifles at 18.

What do you want to do? Nothing?

So you want to do nothing about allowing 18-year-old psychopaths like Ramos getting access to AR-15s.
Was this dude diagnosed as a potential mass shooter prior to the shooting?

Correct. 'Assault weapons' possessed before the ban are still legal. That's irrelevant here.

What's that? He -illegally- modified the weapon?
Well shit. We need a law to make it illegal to illegally modify a weapon.
Tell us:
How do you prevent someone from illegally modifying a legal firearm?

And thus, demonstrating the unnecessary and ineffective nature of the ban.
We need to make it so that laws aren’t so easily gotten around

Was this dude diagnosed as a potential mass shooter prior to the shooting?
No. So what do you want to do about people like that? Nothing. You know, like I fucking said.

I do hope we find a solution. I just don't think we're going to take a direct route to it. Currently, what I think is going to happen is absolutely nothing.

What's better than doing nothing? Stumbling over the wrong idea, proving that it doesn't work, and then moving on to the next (probably bad) idea. At least stumbling over ineffective "solutions" is better than doing nothing and will hopefully get us closer to fixing this issue.

Who knows how many more of these Sandy Hooks we need to get that figured out though.
Do you, as a member of society, have any solutions you're sure will work. I don't, but then I think it would be unreasonable to outright reject anything that might. Thus this bill is just a step in the right direction. Other than wasting time and money it harms no one. Yet, if it should happen to move us towards making children safer then we will be glad we did something instead of nothing.

And if nothing else the foolish claim that the Republicans don't want to do anything will be silenced.

Rifles would stall out the US military if they were attacking their own citizens. You can only get rid of insurgents by nuking them, but what would be the point of that for a Tyrant? He would destroy the very thing that he desperately wants to control.
You're circling the drain dumb ass.

Do you, as a member of society, have any solutions you're sure will work. I don't, but then I think it would be unreasonable to outright reject anything that might. Thus this bill is just a step in the right direction. Other than wasting time and money it harms no one. Yet, if it should happen to move us towards making children safer then we will be glad we did something instead of nothing.

And if nothing else the foolish claim that the Republicans don't want to do anything will be silenced.
There are no guarantees obviously.

I agree with the rest.

Hard to say they want to do something when they refuse to do something.

No. So what do you want to do about people like that? Nothing. You know, like I fucking said.

If it were up to me, id put a bullet in their head the moment they are diagnosed as crazy. Anything short of that isnt going to cut it.

Forum List

Back