Well, I guess she has a point -- Pregnant Texas woman stopped for driving solo in HOV told police ...

By law, in order to use the high-occupancy vehicle lanes, drivers must have at least one passenger.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why does it matter how many people are in a vehicle to be able to drive in a certain lane which only brings me to this question. What makes one lane a high occupancy vehicle lane compared to the other lanes that are out there? To me, at the end of the day, a lane is a lane.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Obviously the pregnant lady accepts that had she crashed that car it would have been, at least, attempted vehicular homicide and would have immediately pled guilty.

In a leftwing paradise women wold get pregnant and then get slightly-after-birth abortions and feed the results to the family. A double win for the Greenies! Reduced population and sparing the lives of innocent animals!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why does it matter how many people are in a vehicle to be able to drive in a certain lane which only brings me to this question. What makes one lane a high occupancy vehicle lane compared to the other lanes that are out there? To me, at the end of the day, a lane is a lane.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Like I said earlier, we don't have that stupidity here, but from what I read the car pool lanes have much less traffic and people can get to work much faster in the morning which is what it's kind of designed for. Think of it as concrete blackmail.

And my question to the pro lifers is, why not? Can any answer here? Should a pregnant woman who smokes or drinks be charged with child abuse?

I'm not a pro-anything in this topic but that would be completely stupid. Back in the day women smoked and drank while pregnant all the time and had successful deliveries.

Like I said earlier, we don't have that stupidity here, but from what I read the car pool lanes have much less traffic and people can get to work much faster in the morning which is what it's kind of designed for. Think of it as concrete blackmail.
To me, the only thing that makes one lane different compared to another is when you have a certain direction that you are wanting to turn in. If turning right is your intention, the far-right lane is where you need to be and if turning left is what you're wanting to do, do it in the lane that is furthest left.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The idea is simple. Encourage people to carpool, by giving them a lane with less traffic. But it only works when less than 20% of the people take advantage of it.
Past that and the HOV lane has as much traffic as the other lanes.

The law simple says "two people".

So, now you are saying the baby does not count as people?
There was a very deliberate effort in Texas to have the law recognize a fetus as a person. That's why the lines were added to the penal code to that effect. It was a bonehead move, but the abortion argument is full of bonehead moves, from both sides.

Why can't we all just get along?

Forum List

Back