Well Now Isn't This Just Too Convenient?

no worries...its good for quick facts but never take it as the truth and the only truth...

government at every level failed the people of new orleans..empty school buses set in the flood..that could have been used..both the mayor and governor have equal amounts of shame from the fact they neglected to get a massive evacuation together...even with the large population...large population can be moved...nc and her outer banks prove this...during the summer the population of the outer banks swells with tourist...there are limited ways off the island..two roads...but when needed...a mass movement occurrs...it can be done and it should have been done...the blame is all the way up the line...the buck may have stopped with bush but it sure the hell didnt begin with him

wikipedia is not a scholarly source. Your arrogant ass ought to know that.

Post a source that says this is not what happened. But you cannot, can you.

FactCheck.org: Katrina: What Happened When
Saturday, Aug 27 2005 - 2 Days Prior

Blanco asks President Bush to declare a State of Emergency for the state of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina. Bush does so, authorizing the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA "to coordinate all disaster relief efforts…" and freeing up federal money for the state.

—"Governor Blanco asks President to Declare an Emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina," Louisiana Governor's Office, 27 Aug 2005.

—"Statement on federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana," Office of the White House Press Secretary, 27 Aug 2005.

Katrina is a Category 3 storm, predicted to become Category 4. At 4pm CDT, it is still 380 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi.

—"Hurricane Katrina Special Advisory Number 18," National Hurricane Center , 26 Aug 2005.

Director of the National Hurricane Center, Max Mayfield, calls the governors of Louisiana and Mississippi and the mayor of New Orleans to warn of potential devastation. The next day he participates in a video conference call to the President, who is at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

—Tamara Lush, " For forecasting chief, no joy in being right," St. Petersburg Times , 30 Aug

Check this out Old Rocks...I do expect a damn apology from you...but I won't get one because you are such a partisan hack. Blanko even admits it.... idiot child.
NBC's Lisa Myers Reports on Governor Blanco's Katrina Mistakes | NewsBusters.org

no worries...its good for quick facts but never take it as the truth and the only truth...

government at every level failed the people of new orleans..empty school buses set in the flood..that could have been used..both the mayor and governor have equal amounts of shame from the fact they neglected to get a massive evacuation together...even with the large population...large population can be moved...nc and her outer banks prove this...during the summer the population of the outer banks swells with tourist...there are limited ways off the island..two roads...but when needed...a mass movement occurrs...it can be done and it should have been done...the blame is all the way up the line...the buck may have stopped with bush but it sure the hell didnt begin with him
yes, there were failures at many levels of government
but, to blame the feds for not doing things that the state and locals are supposed to do is not a failure at the fed level
how come we didnt hear of these fed failures in MS, AL, or FL?
it was the exact same fed
how come the only failures were in LA?
hmmmmm?

wikipedia is not a scholarly source. Your arrogant ass ought to know that.

Blanco asks President Bush to declare a State of Emergency for the state of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina. Bush does so, authorizing the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA "to coordinate all disaster relief efforts…" and freeing up federal money for the state.

—"Governor Blanco asks President to Declare an Emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina," Louisiana Governor's Office, 27 Aug 2005.

—"Statement on federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana," Office of the White House Press Secretary, 27 Aug 2005.

Katrina is a Category 3 storm, predicted to become Category 4. At 4pm CDT, it is still 380 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi.

—"Hurricane Katrina Special Advisory Number 18," National Hurricane Center , 26 Aug 2005.

Director of the National Hurricane Center, Max Mayfield, calls the governors of Louisiana and Mississippi and the mayor of New Orleans to warn of potential devastation. The next day he participates in a video conference call to the President, who is at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

—Tamara Lush, " For forecasting chief, no joy in being right," St. Petersburg Times , 30 Aug

Check this out Old Rocks...I do expect a damn apology from you...but I won't get one because you are such a partisan hack. Blanko even admits it.... idiot child.
NBC's Lisa Myers Reports on Governor Blanco's Katrina Mistakes | NewsBusters.org
well, rockhead will respond, "that is not a scholarly source"

lol

well, rockhead will respond, "that is not a scholarly source"

lol

Dive, just what in the hell would rockhead know about scholarly???

George Bush II was the most incompetent POTUS in any of our lifetimes.

The LA disaster was about what you'd expect from an administration which set out to BREAK the GOVERNMENT.

The fact that Americans could watch the suffering of the people in the LA stadium on TV, but even as we were watching that suffering FEMA had YET to even show up?

THAT is why Bush II was thought a god damned idiot.

And then to tell the world that Brownie was doing a good job?

How partisan does one have to be to pretend that that situation and the situation in North Dakota are similar?

One has to be a fucking tool to pretend these issues are the same.
Ed, thanks for showing me you are NOTHING but another partisan asshole
Carter was the most incompetent POTUS in MY lifetime, unless you were born after 1980 you are a LIAR

I was around back then, and Bush Jr was much worse than Carter ever was, most likely because Carter didn't have the influence in congress that Bush Jr had......your worship of Bush Jr has blinded you.

BTW, I didn't vote for Carter either, and I'm getting sick and tired of you calling anyone that doesn't worship your hero liars.

Only in your mind Old Rocks. 75% (if that's the number you congered up) know that it was the governor who didn't call in the National Guard, and the mayor with Bush coming in after that. Just showing your biased hatred again Old Rocks...don't worry we're used to it.

Foolish liar.

Timeline of Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thursday, August 25, 2005
At 6:30 PM EDT (2230 UTC), Katrina made its first landfall in Florida as a Category 1 hurricane near Hallandale Beach, Florida on the Miami-Dade/Broward county line. After landfall, instead of travelling west as originally forecast, Katrina jogged hard left (south/southwest) almost parallel to the coastline in densely-populated metropolitan Miami, Florida. As many as six people were killed, including three people killed by falling trees and two boaters that attempted to ride out the storm in their crafts.[3] Other sources, including BBC, put the Florida death toll at nine lives.

Katrina continued its path through Coral Gables and southwest Miami, then travelled southwest through the unpopulated Everglades National Park and exited the state near the southern tip of mainland Florida.

Katrina destroyed many old large trees in Miami, pulling some out of the ground by the roots. Hurricane experts who toured the Kendall/Sunset area after the storm determined that tornadoes had been spawned out of the hurricane, but luckily only struck between houses, causing no deaths.

[edit] Gulf of Mexico

[edit] Friday, August 26, 2005
At 1:00 AM EDT, maximum sustained winds had decreased to 70 mph (110 km/h) and Katrina was again downgraded to a tropical storm. At 5:00 AM EDT, the eye of Hurricane Katrina was located just offshore of southwestern Florida over the Gulf of Mexico about 50 miles (80 km) north-northeast of Key West, Florida. Maximum sustained winds had again increased to 75 mph (121 km/h) and Katrina was upgraded again to a Category 1 hurricane.

In the early afternoon, the National Hurricane Center officially shifts the possible track of Katrina from the Florida Panhandle to the Mississippi/Louisiana coast. Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco declared a state of emergency for the state of Louisiana.[4] The declaration included activation of the state of Louisiana's emergency response and recovery program under the command of the director of the state office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness to supply emergency support services. Following the declaration of a state of emergency, federal troops were deployed to Louisiana to coordinate the planning of operations with FEMA.[5]

By 11:00 PM EDT, the National Hurricane Center predicted that Hurricane Katrina would strike the town of Buras-Triumph, Louisiana, 66 miles (106 km) southeast of New Orleans.[6]

With all due respect, she should have done that a lot sooner...being that she's a democratic governor. I would think it would have taken a much more timely declaration of a state of Emergency. Almost like closing the door after the horses are out. It certainly wasn't up to Bush to call for one Old Rocks. She could have called out the National Gaurd much sooner if she had any kind of mind to. Of course, they would have been called out....but just when is the question? But your going to blame it on Bush no matter what. But your just a stupid partisan hack.

Fact...the mayor of New Orleans messed up, the governor of the state messed up and BUSH JR messed up. Stop being a partisan hack and acknowledge the facts.

The LA disaster was about what you'd expect from an administration which set out to BREAK the GOVERNMENT.

The fact that Americans could watch the suffering of the people in the LA stadium on TV, but even as we were watching that suffering FEMA had YET to even show up?

How partisan does one have to be to pretend that that situation and the situation in North Dakota are similar?

Carter was the most incompetent POTUS in MY lifetime, unless you were born after 1980 you are a LIAR

I was around back then, and Bush Jr was much worse than Carter ever was, most likely because Carter didn't have the influence in congress that Bush Jr had......your worship of Bush Jr has blinded you.

BTW, I didn't vote for Carter either, and I'm getting sick and tired of you calling anyone that doesn't worship your hero liars.

Sheila you need to do a little homework on the unemployment level under Carter...also, the inflation rate under Carter...then take a look at the home mortgage interest rate under Carter...I don't know how anyone other than just being bias can say what you do. But, it's a free world and you can think what you want. No sense in letting the facts get in the way of how you feel.

BULLSHIT
i dont and never have worships bush
that is just a fucking copout

if you are sick of being called a liar, then STOP LYING

Last edited:
Foolish liar.

At 6:30 PM EDT (2230 UTC), Katrina made its first landfall in Florida as a Category 1 hurricane near Hallandale Beach, Florida on the Miami-Dade/Broward county line. After landfall, instead of travelling west as originally forecast, Katrina jogged hard left (south/southwest) almost parallel to the coastline in densely-populated metropolitan Miami, Florida. As many as six people were killed, including three people killed by falling trees and two boaters that attempted to ride out the storm in their crafts.[3] Other sources, including BBC, put the Florida death toll at nine lives.

Katrina continued its path through Coral Gables and southwest Miami, then travelled southwest through the unpopulated Everglades National Park and exited the state near the southern tip of mainland Florida.

Katrina destroyed many old large trees in Miami, pulling some out of the ground by the roots. Hurricane experts who toured the Kendall/Sunset area after the storm determined that tornadoes had been spawned out of the hurricane, but luckily only struck between houses, causing no deaths.

[edit] Gulf of Mexico

At 1:00 AM EDT, maximum sustained winds had decreased to 70 mph (110 km/h) and Katrina was again downgraded to a tropical storm. At 5:00 AM EDT, the eye of Hurricane Katrina was located just offshore of southwestern Florida over the Gulf of Mexico about 50 miles (80 km) north-northeast of Key West, Florida. Maximum sustained winds had again increased to 75 mph (121 km/h) and Katrina was upgraded again to a Category 1 hurricane.

In the early afternoon, the National Hurricane Center officially shifts the possible track of Katrina from the Florida Panhandle to the Mississippi/Louisiana coast. Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco declared a state of emergency for the state of Louisiana.[4] The declaration included activation of the state of Louisiana's emergency response and recovery program under the command of the director of the state office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness to supply emergency support services. Following the declaration of a state of emergency, federal troops were deployed to Louisiana to coordinate the planning of operations with FEMA.[5]

By 11:00 PM EDT, the National Hurricane Center predicted that Hurricane Katrina would strike the town of Buras-Triumph, Louisiana, 66 miles (106 km) southeast of New Orleans.[6]

With all due respect, she should have done that a lot sooner...being that she's a democratic governor. I would think it would have taken a much more timely declaration of a state of Emergency. Almost like closing the door after the horses are out. It certainly wasn't up to Bush to call for one Old Rocks. She could have called out the National Gaurd much sooner if she had any kind of mind to. Of course, they would have been called out....but just when is the question? But your going to blame it on Bush no matter what. But your just a stupid partisan hack.

Fact...the mayor of New Orleans messed up, the governor of the state messed up and BUSH JR messed up. Stop being a partisan hack and acknowledge the facts.

Sheila...go to post #102, and click on the link and do a little reading. Blanko even admits she messed up...now will you? I doubt it.

Foolish liar.

[edit] Gulf of Mexico

no, its your hatred of Bush that has you blinded
you are too fucking stupid to understand that the feds are NOT a first responder

:lol::lol::lol::lol: BullMalarky

Sheila you need to do a little homework on the unemployment level under Carter...also, the inflation rate under Carter...then take a look at the home mortgage interest rate under Carter...I don't know how anyone other than just being bias can say what you do. But, it's a free world and you can think what you want. No sense in letting the facts get in the way of how you feel.

Yeah, I was there, I remember. I remember Carter telling us we had to save energy and turn down on heat to 68 degrees, which he promptly did in the whitehouse and put on a sweater.

I remember the inflation towards the end of his term. I remember the Iranian hostages being let go only AFTER Reagan was elected and Bush Sr (CIA head) had secret talks with them. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush Sr saw to it the FED raised the interest rates too.

Clinton was ineffective as a president because number one, he wasn't as corrupt as Bush Sr and number two, he didn't have the sway in congress he needed to get anything done.

Even with those high interest rates we were better off then than we are now. Minimum wage had a higher spending power. Unemployment was figured differently as was inflation. I remember the first thing Reagan did when he got into office was taking housing out of the cost of living index and poof inflation went down over night. He also changed the questions for the unemployment statistics and poof that went down too. I would be interested in seeing what unemployment is now, using the same formula that was used while Carter was in office.

Talk about lying with statistics.

And yes, I worked for the federal government at the time, I know a lot about what was going on that the public never knew.

Yeah, I was there, I remember. I remember Carter telling us we had to save energy and turn down on heat to 68 degrees, which he promptly did in the whitehouse and put on a sweater.

I remember the inflation towards the end of his term. I remember the Iranian hostages being let go only AFTER Reagan was elected and Bush Sr (CIA head) had secret talks with them. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush Sr saw to it the FED raised the interest rates too.

Clinton was ineffective as a president because number one, he wasn't as corrupt as Bush Sr and number two, he didn't have the sway in congress he needed to get anything done.

Even with those high interest rates we were better off then than we are now. Minimum wage had a higher spending power. Unemployment was figured differently as was inflation. I remember the first thing Reagan did when he got into office was taking housing out of the cost of living index and poof inflation went down over night. He also changed the questions for the unemployment statistics and poof that went down too. I would be interested in seeing what unemployment is now, using the same formula that was used while Carter was in office.

Talk about lying with statistics.

And yes, I worked for the federal government at the time, I know a lot about what was going on that the public never knew.
oh PLEASE
that is as bad as the fucking troofer nonsense
i suppose you believe that story about Bush 41 (hes not a Sr) flew over to meet with the Iranians in an SR-71 too

Foolish liar.

[edit] Gulf of Mexico

DiveCon neg repped me for the above post. Funny, he can call anyone he disagrees with a partisan hack but you call him one....

DiveCon neg repped me for the above post. Funny, he can call anyone he disagrees with a partisan hack but you call him one....
I know what you mean. dcon's life mission is to try to excuse every stupid thing George W. Bush did.

I know what you mean. dcon's life mission is to try to excuse every stupid thing George W. Bush did.
BULLSHIT
i never voted for the man in a primary
i never supported him as anything but better than the alternative

and you are now a fucking MORON in my sight

Forum List

Back