🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are the options for those like me?

Hillary is so corrupt she can't be trusted to run my household budget let alone the country.
Trump is only in it for his own entertainment & possibly his wallet.

Where do I go? Third party is a dead end. Do I just pack my bags & go home so to speak? Cross my fingers & hope our economy survives the next 4 years?

I truly have no idea where to focus my attention. Up to this point I have focused on anti Trump shit in a desperate attempt to see a change at our convention to see help for the down ballets but I'm beginning to see that is a lost cause too. Plus it's making me hated here by both sides rather than just one.

Sucks to be in this jar of sour pickles
Kansas is not a swing state it usually votes GOP.

So your vote does not matter anyway.

If you lived in a swing state then it might matter.

But you do not.

So you might as well piss off and stop pissing off everybody else.

Hillary is so corrupt she can't be trusted to run my household budget let alone the country.

Where do I go? Third party is a dead end. Do I just pack my bags & go home so to speak? Cross my fingers & hope our economy survives the next 4 years?

I truly have no idea where to focus my attention. Up to this point I have focused on anti Trump shit in a desperate attempt to see a change at our convention to see help for the down ballets but I'm beginning to see that is a lost cause too. Plus it's making me hated here by both sides rather than just one.

Focus on Congress. Supreme Court appointments. Very important. Bush, the original, and the 2nd have worked for the most part, but if the winds shift so will Clinton

i dont want to vote for either one like you. Trump has so many character flaws and even if hes elected, his opposition will be so relentless he would be a lame duck anyway. Hillary- despicable and fake

You have to look at the most important thing that will come from this election, that will affect the country long after the next president is a footnote in history. Who do you want to make the next 2-4 supreme court nominations? The list Trump put together contain some damned fine people, or would you prefer more Kagan and Sotomayor clones. Who makes the picks will affect the country for possibly a hundred years or more.

I feel the pain over this year's election. My plan comes down to offsetting the wife's vote. Don't blame us.
Arizona will probably vote GOP again. You and your wife can both stay home and take the day off.

You have to look at the most important thing that will come from this election, that will affect the country long after the next president is a footnote in history. Who do you want to make the next 2-4 supreme court nominations? The list Trump put together contain some damned fine people, or would you prefer more Kagan and Sotomayor clones. Who makes the picks will affect the country for possibly a hundred years or more.

Texas will probably vote GOP again too. Nothing will probably change that.

If Trump loses Texas then he and the GOP will lose really big. But this is unlikely.

You and your wife can cut the bullshit and just vote GOP as usual.

Where do I go? Third party is a dead end.
I'd definitely suggest trying to get past this "third party is a dead end" thing. One of the reasons we're stuck in this lousy two-party duopoly is that most people think they they only have two choices. There's no such thing as a "wasted vote". My one vote will not have more influence than your one vote.

This really is a horrible choice. This time around, we're going to have to either (a) hold our noses with both hands and vote for Hillary or Trump, or (b) vote for whichever candidate comes closest to our views, even if it's the Whacko Bird party based in some drunk guy's basement in Tuscaloosa.

Gotta vote, gotta vote.

Gramps whatever you do consider this, the secret service is telling us Hillary is a volcanic tempered lying nut case. I should think you will take one for the country of need be to keep that freak out of the White House.

You vote 3rd party or write in if you want to send a message to republicans that they need to select a qualified candidate. You may consider that a vote for Hillary. In that case, you need to ask yourself, would the country be better off after 4 years of Trump or 4 years of Hillary. Although I could never bring myself to vote for Trump, I don't really like Hillary. However I think she is certainly capable of running the country and I expect it will be here after 4 years without serious damage. I can't say the same for Trump.

Whether Hillary is corrupt or not, to me is not a primary factor. They are all corrupt. You just know a lot more about Hillary because she's been in the spotlight for over 20 years. What you see is what you get. There is no one in politics who has been the subject of more investigations, political attacks, and media witch hunts than Hillary.

The FBI spends months and even years to get a conviction on people such as those in the mob. They were guilty of many crimes, but because the FBI didn't get a conviction on each one doesn't make them innocent.

If you are thinking of voting for the screecher, consider this: her server which likely contained sensitive US information didn't even have basic encryption. That means a high-school computer geek could have tapped into it. So if people like Russia, China, North Korea have this information, they can easily use it to blackmail Hillary. She would be their lap dog. They will say jump, and Hillary would ask how high. And then there are all those shady speaking engagement contributions.

True, Trump could do some damage, but it's almost guaranteed Hillary would do more; not because she wants to, but because she'll have to. Nobody pays a half-mil to listen to a 20 minute speech unless the speech is nothing more than a front.

I solved your problem. Clinton isn't corrupt.

You are welcome.

Unless we learn to say "no", the Republicans and Democrats will continue serving up the nastiest shit sandwich we will tolerate.

I would say look at the opportunity.

A Hillary Presidency could be a benefit for you Wingnuts.

First, she'll keep the Democrats from drifting further left.

Second, given you guys will control the House and probably the Senate, you'll still have plenty to say on stuff.

As for the economy, I'd be more surprised if we didn't have another recession in the next four years. We are overdue for one, really. why not let Hillary get the blame for it?

If you perceive both of the major parties as being equally bad, why not vote third party? A viable third party has to start gaining momentum at some point if we want any kind of real change so why not now unless you're just too lazy to show up on election day?

You vote 3rd party or write in if you want to send a message to republicans that they need to select a qualified candidate. You may consider that a vote for Hillary. In that case, you need to ask yourself, would the country be better off after 4 years of Trump or 4 years of Hillary. Although I could never bring myself to vote for Trump, I don't really like Hillary. However I think she is certainly capable of running the country and I expect it will be here after 4 years without serious damage. I can't say the same for Trump.

Whether Hillary is corrupt or not, to me is not a primary factor. They are all corrupt. You just know a lot more about Hillary because she's been in the spotlight for over 20 years. What you see is what you get. There is no one in politics who has been the subject of more investigations, political attacks, and media witch hunts than Hillary.

The FBI spends months and even years to get a conviction on people such as those in the mob. They were guilty of many crimes, but because the FBI didn't get a conviction on each one doesn't make them innocent.

If you are thinking of voting for the screecher, consider this: her server which likely contained sensitive US information didn't even have basic encryption. That means a high-school computer geek could have tapped into it. So if people like Russia, China, North Korea have this information, they can easily use it to blackmail Hillary. She would be their lap dog. They will say jump, and Hillary would ask how high. And then there are all those shady speaking engagement contributions.

True, Trump could do some damage, but it's almost guaranteed Hillary would do more; not because she wants to, but because she'll have to. Nobody pays a half-mil to listen to a 20 minute speech unless the speech is nothing more than a front.
Clinton as president is going to continue most of the same policies we have now which means no radical changes. Republicans in Congress will block most of her legislation just as they did with Obama. She's a safe bet to continue the status quo. Trump on the hand has indicated that he plans to turn the country upside down with radical changes in foreign policy, trade policy, immigration, taxation, and government administration, none of which he has any experience or knowledge. His unpredictability, temper tantrums, and lack of understanding of international politics could embarrass the nation, start a trade war, or even a nuclear exchange. I suppose if you don't believe this is a great country, then Trump's your natural choice.

Forum List

Back