🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Happened to Church?

"What Happened to Church?" You and smug, presumptuous folks like you killed it. Best church experience I ever had was in a Mennonite church. Lots of laughter, smiles, singing and great food.

Eh. No church is perfect, I can tell you that. But generally Americans have a romanticized view of Amish and Mennonites. In reality, they can be quite legalistic. The Mennonites less so, but the Amish very much so. I mean these are people who "shun" their own family if they don't live up to their legalistic lifestyle, such things as wearing the right clothing. For compare and contrast, I am an evangelical Christian who is opposed to gay marriage and yet have come nowhere NEAR to "shunning" the gay members of both sides of my family, me and my husband's.

But people are easily swayed. Make some nice furniture, cook some nice pies, wear a cap on your head I guess, there it is.

Humans like rules, oddly enough. I've always believed that there are Ten Commandments because people want rules to follow and parse and play legalistic games with. Jesus said that the most important Commandments were to love the Lord your God and to love your neighbor as yourself, because if you are truly doing both those things, all the other stuff will follow naturally without you having to be told. But actually BEING a good person and loving God and others is difficult, where following nitpicky rules without ever having to improve yourself as a person is much easier.

I look at it this way. If, on my wedding day, I approached my bride and said, "Darling, I'm going to be with you the rest of our lives. Please write down for me 10 rules that, if I kept, would make you happy. I'll spend the rest of my life reinterpreting the rules, finding loopholes and simply ignoring them whenever I think I can get away with it. But I expect you to accept me enthusiastically as your husband".

How long do you think the marriage would last happily? Now, contrast that with this. As I court my bride, I watch her, I listen to her, I take careful nite of what she likes and what she doesn't like, and I make sure to do things that please her. She doesn't have to complain about the toilet seat because I take care of her. She didn't have to complain about a wandering eye because it's all for her. Would that work any better? The commandments atheists love to hung up on are just that,a set of rules man has tried to get around since the day they were given. Jesus brought something better, more powerful. He brought a relationship. If I was to please God, I watch what He does, I listen to what He says, and I do what please Him. I don't need a set of rules.
The marriage could last a long time, depending on which 'tard farm you get your bride from. You probably went to the 'tard and clueless farm.

And the baiting continues. Got anything worthwhile to contribute?

"What Happened to Church?" You and smug, presumptuous folks like you killed it. Best church experience I ever had was in a Mennonite church. Lots of laughter, smiles, singing and great food.

Eh. No church is perfect, I can tell you that. But generally Americans have a romanticized view of Amish and Mennonites. In reality, they can be quite legalistic. The Mennonites less so, but the Amish very much so. I mean these are people who "shun" their own family if they don't live up to their legalistic lifestyle, such things as wearing the right clothing. For compare and contrast, I am an evangelical Christian who is opposed to gay marriage and yet have come nowhere NEAR to "shunning" the gay members of both sides of my family, me and my husband's.

But people are easily swayed. Make some nice furniture, cook some nice pies, wear a cap on your head I guess, there it is.

Humans like rules, oddly enough. I've always believed that there are Ten Commandments because people want rules to follow and parse and play legalistic games with. Jesus said that the most important Commandments were to love the Lord your God and to love your neighbor as yourself, because if you are truly doing both those things, all the other stuff will follow naturally without you having to be told. But actually BEING a good person and loving God and others is difficult, where following nitpicky rules without ever having to improve yourself as a person is much easier.
So, do you love your Messikin neighbours?

Why wouldn't I? I've lived surrounded by Mexicans my entire life. My favorite niece-in-law is Mexican. They're just people, same as everyone else.
So you have Stockholm Syndrome. Got it.

And the baiting continues.

Sure, but maybe they were just losing their sanity. Who can say?
I can!

40 days in the desert would have killed them. So, the story is fake.

No?

Sure, the story would be fake if that was what the story was about.

But, if the story about Jesus living the wilderness was figurative for jesus living in roman settlements outside of the reach of Jewish law, and the wild beasts was simply referring to the Romans,,, No. Not fake.

If he was living among the wild beasts one can assume that Jesus was doing what Romans do...Yes?

Makes sense. Conforms to reality, and resolves many mysteries.

All the pieces fit perfectly.
Do you think that Jesus liked to get laid?

And the baiting continues. That's bordering on obsession.

Sure, the story would be fake if that was what the story was about.

But, if the story about Jesus living the wilderness was figurative for jesus living in roman settlements outside of the reach of Jewish law, and the wild beasts was simply referring to the Romans,,, No. Not fake.

If he was living among the wild beasts one can assume that Jesus was doing what Romans do...Yes?

Makes sense. Conforms to reality, and resolves many mysteries.

All the pieces fit perfectly.
Do you think that Jesus liked to get laid?

lol.... when the Pharisees were astonished that some people believed that Jesus was the messiah, they said... "Waaa? We know this man is a sinner! He keeps company with prostitutes!"

What do you think Jesus was doing?

Playing canasta?
They were his fag hags. He only banged a woman once, and once means he didn't like it.

lol..

Is that what happened to you?
Why the resistance? You have no problem accepting that jesus lay with prostitutes....but jesus being gay triggers you? What am i missing, here?

Pretty much the entire thing.

I can see that those who have nothing worthwhile to contribute feel compelled to say something, anything, to feel relevant. Sad.

Why wouldn't I? I've lived surrounded by Mexicans my entire life. My favorite niece-in-law is Mexican. They're just people, same as everyone else.

Don't you just love how the haters try desperately to find something they think defines Christians and then demand to see how you're doing it?
I bet YOU hate Messikins.

You don’t deny it. Good for you.

Well, at least you seem to be an equal opportunity insulter.
Insulter? Excuse you. If I feel Gods and prophets are magical nonsense, that's the way I feel. The only reason you take offense is because you are religious. If I were talking about the idea of talking houseplants, you would have no problem with it.

Don't you just love how the haters try desperately to find something they think defines Christians and then demand to see how you're doing it?
I bet YOU hate Messikins.

You don’t deny it. Good for you.
You're still trying, I have to give you that. You're stuck on stupid, but you don't let that stop you.

I can see that those who have nothing worthwhile to contribute feel compelled to say something, anything, to feel relevant. Sad.
Pot, meet kettle.
Really? You haven't been on topic yet. Of course you can't be because you're not qualified to comment, so you're left with two options: Continue baiting and trying to hijack a thread you're not qualified to join, or go away and post somewhere else. Obviously, you're stuck here and can't move on. Ever wonder why that is? I'm going with you have a crush on one of the posters in this thread and are trying to get their attention.

Pot, meet kettle.
Really? You haven't been on topic yet. Of course you can't be because you're not qualified to comment, so you're left with two options: Continue baiting and trying to hijack a thread you're not qualified to join, or go away and post somewhere else. Obviously, you're stuck here and can't move on. Ever wonder why that is? I'm going with you have a crush on one of the posters in this thread and are trying to get their attention.
You’re the chickenshit who won’t answer questions. You must be embarrassed about your beliefs.

through euphemisms if ever..
"If ever" would definitely apply to homosexuality activity, punishable by death. Certainly a book of reverance of the conman Jesus would omit such direct references. Ya kind of made my point, thanks

Jesus was running around in roman settlements beyond the jurisdiction of Jewish law. He obviously didn't care about them knowing he was a sinner. They could have legally stoned him to death just about every time he opened his mouth. Why would he care about that? Hashev says that Jesus was getting head from the woman at the well,. Who can say? But if he was possibly doing that in public why would he care if it was known that was gay... if he was gay?

holds no water.
He was probably getting sucked off by a guy at the well.

Sure Taz, lol....believe that if that makes you feel better.

He could have been sowing holy seed all over the place. Who can say? Maybe he urinated on the Temple wall when he got drunk, flipped off the high priest in public for kicks, played strip poker with centurions just to see them naked, pranced around with a lampshade on his head for laughs, stole candy from the candy store every single day, and didn't even own any underwear?

What then?

Try to see the bigger picture. Jesus was living in a time and place where people thought it was a sin to eat pork chops. He woke up one day and realized that was stupid. He was the first to wake up. He tried to wake everyone else up by telling them it was stupid.

Some people woke up and realized it was stupid and immediately began to have a much better experience of life.

He was their savior.

Last edited:
Pot, meet kettle.
You’re the chickenshit who won’t answer questions. You must be embarrassed about your beliefs.

Have you ever spoken with a therapist about your desire to prevent others from having a decent conversation about something in which they are interested without your interference?

You don't go to church, don't intend to go to church, yet feel the need to interject comments that have nothing to do with the topic into a thread in which people are talking about what they have experienced in church.

Even now, you're still attempting to goad posters into dealing with what you want to yammer about instead of the thread topic. That is juvenile behavior, and is why I'm asking you if you have talked with a therapist to understand your obsessive need to do so. If you understood your problem, it might help you behave more like an adult.

"If ever" would definitely apply to homosexuality activity, punishable by death. Certainly a book of reverance of the conman Jesus would omit such direct references. Ya kind of made my point, thanks

Jesus was running around in roman settlements beyond the jurisdiction of Jewish law. He obviously didn't care about them knowing he was a sinner. They could have legally stoned him to death just about every time he opened his mouth. Why would he care about that? Hashev says that Jesus was getting head from the woman at the well,. Who can say? But if he was possibly doing that in public why would he care if it was known that was gay... if he was gay?

holds no water.

He could have been sowing holy seed all over the place. Who can say? Maybe he urinated on the Temple wall when he got drunk, flipped off the high priest in public for kicks, played strip poker with centurions just to see them naked, pranced around with a lampshade on his head for laughs, stole candy from the candy store every single day, and didn't even own any underwear?

What then?

Try to see the bigger picture. Jesus was living in a time and place where people thought it was a sin to eat pork chops. He woke up one day and realized that was stupid. He was the first to wake up. He tried to wake everyone else up by telling them it was stupid.

Some people woke up and realized it was stupid and immediately began to have a much better experience of life.

He was their savior.
Pigs have nasty worms in them so if you don't cook it enough, humans can catch it (I'm a vegetarian).That's why they wouldn't eat it. Trial and error. Nothing spoken from god's mouth, if he has one. Now you know.

Pot, meet kettle.

Have you ever spoken with a therapist about your desire to prevent others from having a decent conversation about something in which they are interested without your interference?

You don't go to church, don't intend to go to church, yet feel the need to interject comments that have nothing to do with the topic into a thread in which people are talking about what they have experienced in church.

Even now, you're still attempting to goad posters into dealing with what you want to yammer about instead of the thread topic. That is juvenile behavior, and is why I'm asking you if you have talked with a therapist to understand your obsessive need to do so. If you understood your problem, it might help you behave more like an adult.
I used to go to church, attend an all-boys Catholic school, went to Sunday school... you're the one with no clue who won't leave me alone. Just post after post about how I don't want to discuss church related things, when that's all I'm doing, well, except dealing with a doucher like you who is too afraid to talk about church.

holds no water.

What then?

He was their savior.
Pigs have nasty worms in them so if you don't cook it enough, humans can catch it (I'm a vegetarian).That's why they wouldn't eat it. Trial and error. Nothing spoken from god's mouth, if he has one. Now you know.

Thats nonsense Taz.

Are you telling me that God gave them a law to not eat pork at all or ever because they couldn't learn to cook it thoroughly while every other nation around them was eating it for thousands of years without any problems?

Thats stupid even for you....

lol

Forum List

Back