What Happened To The Truth?

We legitimize dishonesty when we treat demonstrable lies like they’re worthy of the same consideration as the demonstrable truth. It’s arguable that the very future of democracy hinges on the answer to a simple question:

What happened to the truth?

I totally agree! What do you think?
Name the last truth you knew. :rolleyes-41:

"Truth" is a term that sure does get tossed around a lot. For the most part, particularly in a political context, "truth" simply means "stuff I agree with".

If the working definition of the term is "intellectual honesty", that is simply no longer a priority of any kind, at any level, in political conversation.

Why is that? Because we have become so tribal. And why is that? Because our political "system" (ha) cynically incentivizes and rewards tribalism.

Just another self-inflicted wound.

We legitimize dishonesty when we treat demonstrable lies like they’re worthy of the same consideration as the demonstrable truth. It’s arguable that the very future of democracy hinges on the answer to a simple question:

Conservatives can’t handle it. This is how yellow journalism started with William Randolph Hearst, that eventually led to AM talk radio, and Fox News.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American.

Right, that's why people who take it still get sick. Lying scum.
He thinks the vax completely prevents contracting and transmitting covid, just as the establishment told him.

I suspect he watches Rachel Maddow religiously.

The truth is unwelcome in politics, especially in the United States, countless failed candidates can testify to this fact.

Few voters, regardless of political party, want to be told the truth, after all, truth is the harsh reality voters prefer to ignore. And they've ignored the truth to the point that U.S. democracy has, at best, only a few years left. This is another truth for which most voters will gladly accept a lie so it can continue to be ignored.

It got Rushed, Jonesed and Trumped.

Forum List

Back