What Is "Fair Share of Taxes"?

What is it that a CEO does that merits the income? Trump is/was a CEO, he and you expect the same pay grade? The people should decide who gets what and how much they merit, or if they deserve it. If this is still a democracy. I have my doubts.
No. the only people that get to decide who gets what and how much they merit, or if they deserve it. are the shareholders.
Speaking of shortsighted jackasses...also, of course, GOP tax gimmicks that reward same.

As long as you keep pushing a tax scheme where some people pay for more than they get from govt, and others pay for less than what they get, you will never find agreement that it's "fair".

Fair tax is where everyone pays the same percentage - No Deductions
Even if you only make $10 you pay $1
Why should anyone not have to pay to live in the USA

Because their entire income goes to pay to live

Why should someone struggling to survive lose 15% of their income while someone who has thousands of times what they need to survive sees their taxes drop from 39% to 15%

Why should someone struggling to survive lose 15% of their income while someone who has thousands of times what they need to survive sees their taxes drop from 39% to 15%
Because they not only live in the USA they live off the USA

As long as you keep pushing a tax scheme where some people pay for more than they get from govt, and others pay for less than what they get, you will never find agreement that it's "fair".
.The^^ bleat of the shortsighted, selfish GOPer..
TRANSLATION: I can't refute your point, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call it names, and call you names, and try to pretend there was something wrong with what you said even though I can't actually find anything. And maybe I can get somebody, somewhere to believe me instead of you.

Because they not only live in the USA they live off the USA
Actually, they don't

These are the working poor. Make too much for welfare, make barely enough to survive

These are the Americans that Republicans want to pay more taxes

A flat tax screws people like you and me. If you count ALL taxes and fees, we already have one, and all the new wealth goes to the rich. Dupe.

TRANSLATION: I can't refute your point, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call it names, and call you names, and try to pretend there was something wrong with what you said even though I can't actually find anything. And maybe I can get somebody, somewhere to believe me instead of you.
Despite GOP BS, only they are obsessed with what people "get"...

An allegation already clearly refuted by my original statement.

Liberals are sinking into more and more incoherency as their candidates circle the drain.

It seems ridiculous that the federal government should require such revenue. It really has the legitimate power to do very little, and much of it, they could fund by assessing fees for the users.

For example, coining money and operating post offices. These could be funded by those who choose to use these services.

Other than that, we have the army and navy. Since we are not in a state of war, we don't need a standing army. Which leaves the navy. So, our federal taxes need to provide for a navy to defend our shores. I can't see how that would be any more than 2-5% of income.

If you like paved roads
Work place regulations protecting the workers
clean air, water and food

Well, we have to pay for our first world country!!! It is called reality!

We're talking about federal taxes, right? Well when the states established their union, they gave it a small set of powers. They never gave congress the power to pave roads (except post roads) or to control workshops, or to control air, water, or food.

I pay X amount in taxes, the poor and the rich and the uber rich should pay the same percentage. Fair is fair, after all. tax adjustments and the shelters and pretenses, give me a break, it's a shell game.

I thought you believed that people should pay according to the benefit they receive?

Oh really? Who is always bleating about the 1% and how much of the nation's wealth the receive?

Teah it
I don't know the answer to that question (or actually I do, but prefer not to always bring up that round number that regressives represent), but I can tell you that according to leftists 70 % is not even nearly enough. Actually, the state should own you completely 100 %.
Not you but billionaires, fool. Only way to cut ridiculous CEO pay. Ay caramba.
What is funny is that CEOs make much less overseas....you don't see them shipping out those jobs
has nothing to do with the fact that almost every other country has a lower corporate tax rate

Tell how does some CEOs salary effect your paycheck?

Do you really think that if every CEO was forced to get a pay cut by the government that you would magically make more money?

Forum List

Back